Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,685 members, 7,823,931 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

How I Shut Down A Woman Who Spoke Against Jesus And The Church On A London Train - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How I Shut Down A Woman Who Spoke Against Jesus And The Church On A London Train (1141 Views)

Bride's Hair Cut Off At Mountain Of Fire Church On Her Wedding Day / Pastor Enters Into Church On A Hoverboard (Photos) / Pastor Idah Peterside Spoke Against T.B. Joshua??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Shut Down A Woman Who Spoke Against Jesus And The Church On A London Train by LoudJams: 2:53pm On Apr 14, 2015
hey guys, I just thought of reactivating my nairaland account to share this story.

Last sunday I got on a train in London and halfway through the journey I heard a guy on the phone telling his friend how God delivered him during his dark times and how he learnt so many lessons from life. The guy looked really rough but happy. The conversation was loud and everyone around could hear his testimony. All of a sudden, I just heard a white lady screaming at the top of her voices saying "I hate going to church, the pastors are thieves, they took all my money away bla bla bla".

She also spoke against tithe, but then I had to discern what her goal really was and which spirit was speaking through her. The next minute she claimed "she donated £100k to a church and the pastor told her she is possessed with demons".. When I realised her aim was to discredit the testimony of the young man on the phone and make the church look bad in the eyes of others, that was when I stood up on my feet and challenged the spirit speaking through her. That was when she now kept quiet.

The first question she asked me was "are you born again??" "Do you pay tithes"?? I was really astonished though....

Funny enough there were other Christians who sat down quietly listening to the negative comments she was uttering. After shutting her down, she kept quiet muttering to herself saying;
"oh he thinks he is a Big Man, standing up to me"...

I left the train at the next stop feeling encouraged. And I will like to encourage my fellow christians not to fall for these type of people. Rather let us be bold and courageous, in the face of evil.

1 Like

Re: How I Shut Down A Woman Who Spoke Against Jesus And The Church On A London Train by Nobody: 3:16pm On Apr 14, 2015
LoudJams:
hey guys, I just thought of reactivating my nairaland account to share this story.

Last sunday I got on a train in London and halfway through the journey I heard a guy on the phone telling his friend how God delivered him during his dark times and how he learnt so many lessons from life. The guy looked really rough but happy. The conversation was loud and everyone around could hear his testimony. All of a sudden, I just heard a white lady screaming at the top of her voices saying "I hate going to church, the pastors are thieves, they took all my money away bla bla bla".

She also spoke against tithe, but then I had to discern what her goal really was and which spirit was speaking through her. The next minute she claimed "she donated £100k to a church and the pastor told her she is possessed with demons".. When I realised her aim was to discredit the testimony of the young man on the phone and make the church look bad in the eyes of others, that was when I stood up on my feet and challenged the spirit speaking through her. That was when she now kept quiet.

The first question she asked me was "are you born again??" "Do you pay tithes"?? I was really astonished though....

Funny enough there were other Christians who sat down quietly listening to the negative comments she was uttering. After shutting her down, she kept quiet muttering to herself saying;

I left the train at the next stop feeling encouraged. And I will like to encourage my fellow christians not to fall for these type of people. Rather let us be bold and courageous, in the face of evil.

The bolded is funny and childish, lols

You did a great job...I can't be quiet in times like that too. I know debating is a work of the flesh but in those times, I try to vehemently let them see why they're wrong.

Nice work, bro. May God reward you greatly. smiley
Re: How I Shut Down A Woman Who Spoke Against Jesus And The Church On A London Train by dbestuncle: 3:16pm On Apr 14, 2015
Am encouraged. i admire n salut ur courage. i av often said we hav too many bastards in christianity. Bastards wu discredit God's work n say it openly in places 4 unbeleivers to join them as they mak fun of sacred mysteries that they knw not. u ar indeed a child of God. Although u didnt tel us how you shurt her down.
Re: How I Shut Down A Woman Who Spoke Against Jesus And The Church On A London Train by menesheh(m): 4:27pm On Apr 14, 2015
Hope you are still not dreaming

Illusion is not allowed in 21th century

1 Like

Re: How I Shut Down A Woman Who Spoke Against Jesus And The Church On A London Train by Idrismusty97(m): 4:32pm On Apr 14, 2015
When I realised her aim was to discredit the testimony of the young man on the phone and make the church look bad in the eyes of others, that was when I stood up on my feet and challenged the spirit speaking through her. That was when she now kept quiet.
Great! Keep up the good work. That was how jihadists started beheading anyone who speaks against Allah. How did you challenged the so called spirit speaking through her BTW?

1 Like

Re: How I Shut Down A Woman Who Spoke Against Jesus And The Church On A London Train by ebamma(m): 4:38pm On Apr 14, 2015
I see, Op is suffering from
Stockholm syndrome.
Re: How I Shut Down A Woman Who Spoke Against Jesus And The Church On A London Train by An2elect2(f): 4:45pm On Apr 14, 2015
Hi op am afraid but the woman sounds like she knows what she is talking about.

How come you didn't share with us what you said to her that shut her up?

You got up to rebuke the spirit in her and she kept quiet. And then you pat yourself on the back for a job well done. Kikikiki you know what a sane Christian will do? open the scriptures and prove this woman wrong. That is if she is wrong.

If i was in her shoes i'll do the same thing. I'll shut up. Not because you charged me too but because i wouldn't want to waste my time on someone who has thrown common sense and tact on how to handle doctrinal disparities.

Am amazed you even likened her outburst to someone possessed by some evil spirit. Really? how is a person who has been robbed by people she trusted as oracles of God suppose to react when she sees other gullible folks toeing the same path? isn't that a cry of some one who cares?

And the tithe. Common! slaves of the law and seekers of acceptance before God based on merit, are you not aware that we are not under a levitical priesthood or the law but under grace? does the Scripture teach Christians tithe or giving freely as purposed in our hearts?

SMH look how far we've deviated from the truth.

1 Like

Re: How I Shut Down A Woman Who Spoke Against Jesus And The Church On A London Train by MuttleyLaff: 5:53pm On Apr 14, 2015
An2elect2:

You got up to rebuke the spirit in her and she kept quiet. And then you pat yourself on the back for a job well done. Kikikiki you know what a sane Christian will do? open the scriptures and prove this woman wrong. That is if she is wrong.

If i was in her shoes i'll do the same thing. I'll shut up. Not because you charged me too but because i wouldn't want to waste my time on someone who has thrown common sense and tact on how to handle doctrinal disparities.

Am amazed you even likened her outburst to someone possessed by some evil spirit. Really? how is a person who has been robbed by people she trusted as oracles of God suppose to react when she sees other gullible folks toeing the same path? isn't that a cry of some one who cares?

And the tithe. Common! slaves of the law and seekers of acceptance before God based on merit, are you not aware that we are not under a levitical priesthood or the law but under grace? does the Scripture teach Christians tithe or giving freely as purposed in our hearts?

cc LoudJams
I read the original post I was thinking to myself we only know one side of this embellished story,
I then continued reading the subsequent posts
but the above post captured, completely, my internal monologue on the original post and the poster

Pity about the "white lady" that got a raw deal on her donated £100K to a church, pity she got burned and pity she got scammed
Re: How I Shut Down A Woman Who Spoke Against Jesus And The Church On A London Train by LoudJams: 10:39am On Apr 16, 2015
Idrismusty97:

Great! Keep up the good work. That was how jihadists started beheading anyone who speaks against Allah. How did you challenged the so called spirit speaking through her BTW?

While she was voicing out her negative opinions, my spirit sensed that her mission was to douse the faith of the young guy on the phone, in order for the guy to give up on God. If I had let her continue perhaps I would have had my faith tainted also. I knew straightaway that I had to shut her down. She couldnt say anything to me rather the first 2 questions she asked was;

> are yu born again?
> do you pay tithe...?

Guys we have to remain bold and defend our belief without compromise... If you truely Know who God is, alot of these people can never fool you.
Re: How I Shut Down A Woman Who Spoke Against Jesus And The Church On A London Train by LoudJams: 10:41am On Apr 16, 2015
MuttleyLaff:

cc LoudJams
I read the original post I was thinking to myself we only know one side of this embellished story,
I then continued reading the subsequent posts
but the above post captured, completely, my internal monologue on the original post and the poster

Pity about the "white lady" that got a raw deal on her donated £100K to a church, pity she got burned and pity she got scammed

from the look of things, I would question her claim, because if she did really donate £100k, why is she boarding on the train with me? she should be driving a Porsche Jeep or so.... sometimes people exagerate things, just like she did.
Re: How I Shut Down A Woman Who Spoke Against Jesus And The Church On A London Train by LoudJams: 10:43am On Apr 16, 2015
An2elect2:

Even if I shut her up, didn't Jesus Shut the pharisees up majority of the times?? how can you negotiate with someone who is out to destroy the faith of another believer
Re: How I Shut Down A Woman Who Spoke Against Jesus And The Church On A London Train by mmsen: 10:51am On Apr 16, 2015
This story sounds completely fabricated.

Why do you xtians dedicate so much time to spreading lies?
Re: How I Shut Down A Woman Who Spoke Against Jesus And The Church On A London Train by Ifeann(f): 12:41pm On Apr 16, 2015
LoudJams:

Ur story is awkward...

U claim u shut her down. How did u "shut her down". Like a Christian with love or in anger like anybody else. Did u make ur points with scripture etc. And did you try to understand her pain.

If she was doped by prosperity or word of faith pastors then she has every right to be upset. You would have engaged her in a discussion or taken her number to discuss It with her later cos I know how terribly those london trains are.

I just saw this story as awkward.
Re: How I Shut Down A Woman Who Spoke Against Jesus And The Church On A London Train by MuttleyLaff: 6:10pm On Apr 16, 2015
LoudJams:
from the look of things, I would question her claim,
because if she did really donate £100k, why is she boarding on the train with me?
she should be driving a Porsche Jeep or so.... sometimes people exagerate things, just like she did.
LoudJaaaaaaaams, ah and you said all these for ground
it's not spoiled as I know before thinking it through you rashly posted the above
People commute by tube or train out of convenience etc
The £100K could have been part of the proceeds from selling her house

"sometimes people exagerate things, just like she did" yes and thats exactly what I thought of the original post
an exaggerated and embellished one-sided story
Re: How I Shut Down A Woman Who Spoke Against Jesus And The Church On A London Train by LoudJams: 6:47pm On Apr 16, 2015
MuttleyLaff:

LoudJaaaaaaaams, ah and you said all these for ground
it's not spoiled as I know before thinking it through you rashly posted the above
People commute by tube or train out of convenience etc
The £100K could have been part of the proceeds from selling her house

"sometimes people exagerate things, just like she did" yes and thats exactly what I thought of the original post
an exaggerated and embellished one-sided story

someone who give such a huge amount will not announce it on a public train..

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 27/07/15 / How Do Sunni And Shia Islam Differ? - New York Times / 10 Signs Of A Prosperity Gospel That Actually Makes You Poor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.