Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,897 members, 7,821,124 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

APC Expels Three Chieftains For Diverting Campaign Funds - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Expels Three Chieftains For Diverting Campaign Funds (43368 Views)

APC Expels John Akpan Udoedehe, Former Minister / APC Expels Danjuma Goje, Former Gombe Governor / APC Expels Three Chieftains For Diverting Campaign Funds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Expels Three Chieftains For Diverting Campaign Funds by resty4(m): 5:25pm On Apr 14, 2015
As part of efforts to show to Nigerians how transparent the All Progressive Congress (APC) administration is going to be, the leadership of the party on Tuesday sacked three of its chieftains for diverting campaign funds

reports that the Delta State chapter of the party expelled three of its chieftains for allegedly embezzling campaign funds as well as indulging in anti-party activities.

It was gathered that the expulsion took place at a meeting held on Monday at the party’s secretariat in Asaba, the state capital as leaders were reviewing the performance of the party in the just concluded general elections.

The notice of expulsion was published in a national daily by the party on Tuesday, April 14, 2015.
The party listed the affected members as Hon. Temi Harriman, who was expelled because she allegedly diverted the presidential election support funds remitted to the state.

In a statement jointly signed by Prophet Jones Ode Erue, the state party chairman, and Comrade Chris Onodjacha, state Assistant Secretary, Harriman’s“expulsion is as a result of seizure and diversion of Presidential election support funds remitted to the state which she then misapplied through persons unknown to the party, thereby undermining the party’s ability to win votes in the Delta South Senatorial District during the Presidential election.”

The party, however, declined to disclose the amount Harriman allegedly diverted.

The party in the statement also alleged that Dr. Alex Ideh and Mr. A.S. Mene were expelled“as a result of evident anti-party activities committed during the Presidential and National Assembly elections held on the 28th of March, 2015 and repeated in the just concluded Gubernatorial and House of Assembly elections held on 11th day of April, 2015, during which they actively worked for candidates of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.”

According to the leaders, the actions of the expelled chieftains were said to have caused gross embarrassment, ridicule and contempt to the party and are in violation of the party’s constitution.

Meanwhile, the state chapter of the APC performed below expectation in the just concluded general elections as the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) reportedly won most of the elections with a wide margin.
http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/04/14/apc-sacks-chieftains-over-diversion-of-campaign-funds/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Expels Three Chieftains For Diverting Campaign Funds by ozoigbondu: 5:28pm On Apr 14, 2015
Thieves everywhere you look angry but i think these guys are pepper soup theives compared to the calibre of those parading as national leaders of APC.If APC truly want to be transperent they should go after their top guns like Atiku and co

Anyways stealing is stealing the expelled members should be porsecuted A.S.A.P.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Expels Three Chieftains For Diverting Campaign Funds by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 14, 2015
Hmm! APC cleansing itself of nefarious filibusters. This is a child's play compared to what Buhari will do to political criminals.

77 Likes

Re: APC Expels Three Chieftains For Diverting Campaign Funds by Henrolla(m): 6:04pm On Apr 14, 2015
a lot of persons have been diverting, why these ones?.. obviously, stealing into APC isn't a crime but stealing out of APC is a crime..SMH

27 Likes

Re: APC Expels Three Chieftains For Diverting Campaign Funds by dyabman(m): 6:04pm On Apr 14, 2015
Lol such is Nigeria politics grin
Re: APC Expels Three Chieftains For Diverting Campaign Funds by kodded(m): 6:04pm On Apr 14, 2015
Mtchewwwww

They should start with tinibu, obasanjo and atiku

Then I will be convinced that they will fight corruption and not this useless stunt to trick gullible nigerians angry angry undecided

Unfortunately their zombie followers will believe it as usual .......smh...... undecided

Truckpusher:
Lies until I see the thieves in Alausa in jail then I will believe the APC else everything about them smells deceit, propaganda and lies
Wow you just read my mind right now embarassed.....but unfortunately their blind supporters will believe this news embarassed

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Expels Three Chieftains For Diverting Campaign Funds by folabayo1(f): 6:05pm On Apr 14, 2015
Good riddance to bad rubbish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Expels Three Chieftains For Diverting Campaign Funds by tucky200(m): 6:05pm On Apr 14, 2015
Okay....
Re: APC Expels Three Chieftains For Diverting Campaign Funds by bandely(m): 6:05pm On Apr 14, 2015
Serves them right!
Re: APC Expels Three Chieftains For Diverting Campaign Funds by Sheenor: 6:05pm On Apr 14, 2015
Criminals

Awon ole lasan.

#APC na the change we want. grin

13 Likes

Re: APC Expels Three Chieftains For Diverting Campaign Funds by Truckpusher(m): 6:06pm On Apr 14, 2015
Lies until I see the thieves in Alausa in jail then I will believe the APC else everything about them smells deceit, propaganda and lies

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Expels Three Chieftains For Diverting Campaign Funds by IamOpemipo(m): 6:06pm On Apr 14, 2015
Pdp hope u learnin?

2 Likes

Re: APC Expels Three Chieftains For Diverting Campaign Funds by Gombs(m): 6:06pm On Apr 14, 2015
It's begun already.

We will be watching.

Meanwhile...

6 Likes

Re: APC Expels Three Chieftains For Diverting Campaign Funds by dapsyd1(m): 6:07pm On Apr 14, 2015
at least that will serve as deterrent to those that are practising double standard.
Re: APC Expels Three Chieftains For Diverting Campaign Funds by gen2briz(m): 6:07pm On Apr 14, 2015
Make them prosecute them also
Re: APC Expels Three Chieftains For Diverting Campaign Funds by Nobody: 6:07pm On Apr 14, 2015
Dem never start
Re: APC Expels Three Chieftains For Diverting Campaign Funds by Armaggedon: 6:07pm On Apr 14, 2015
Because they lost election?
How many pple did they sack in states where they won b'cos i know there are more criminals in apc than in pdp.

4 Likes

Re: APC Expels Three Chieftains For Diverting Campaign Funds by KwoiZabo(m): 6:07pm On Apr 14, 2015
ok
Re: APC Expels Three Chieftains For Diverting Campaign Funds by PointB: 6:07pm On Apr 14, 2015
Stories.

If they embezzled funds, they should be prosecuted and punished for the crimes. Expelling them to enjoy their loot is not the change we expected!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Expels Three Chieftains For Diverting Campaign Funds by Demdem(m): 6:07pm On Apr 14, 2015
Truckpusher:

Drugpusher, this post of urs is foolish.

23 Likes

Re: APC Expels Three Chieftains For Diverting Campaign Funds by EagleScribes: 6:07pm On Apr 14, 2015
Wow! I thought defection was the only trendy issue in our politics today. Now it's expulsion.

There are so many defectors into that party that I feel should be expelled as soon as they defect

3 Likes

Re: APC Expels Three Chieftains For Diverting Campaign Funds by heykims(m): 6:07pm On Apr 14, 2015
Expel d Orubebes out..
Re: APC Expels Three Chieftains For Diverting Campaign Funds by ZUBY77(m): 6:08pm On Apr 14, 2015
Buhari must investigate them.
Re: APC Expels Three Chieftains For Diverting Campaign Funds by MizMyColi(f): 6:08pm On Apr 14, 2015
cheesy
*in Psquare's voice*

[size=14pt]Uncle Please Tell Us A Stoweegrin[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NLC To Declare Nationwide Strike Against Electricity Tariff Hike, Fuel Scarcity / List Of Rivers State Commissioners That Have Resigned / Soldiers Stop Lagos Judicial Panel From Accessing Military Mortuary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.