Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

Six Countries Turn Down Petroleum Minister Alison-Madueke’s Asylum Request - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Six Countries Turn Down Petroleum Minister Alison-Madueke’s Asylum Request (2546 Views)

Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250m / Former Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke, Undergoing Breast Cancer Treatment / Six Countries Reject Alison-Madueke’s Asylum Request - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Six Countries Turn Down Petroleum Minister Alison-Madueke’s Asylum Request by TheOtherview: 6:13pm On Apr 14, 2015
Six Countries Turn Down Petroleum Minister Alison-Madueke’s Asylum Request, BCA Report Says

APR 14, 2015

No fewer than six countries have already refused to grant an asylum request by the Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs Diezani Alison-Madueke, the Business Council for Africa (BCA) said in its just-released monthly report, noting that about US$ 1 trillion is the latest estimated figure of the looting of the Nigerian treasury between 1960 and 2005 alone.

The report, dated March 2015, focused extensively on Nigeria’s general elections. It said the notorious Minister, whose impunity is known to have been closely-protected by President Goodluck Jonathan, will be coming under the microscope for the first time in her Ministerial career.

“Given her reputation, it comes as no surprise to learn that 6 countries have already refused to grant her asylum to live in their countries as she now wishes to leave Nigeria at the earliest possible opportunity,” it said.

BCA recalled President-elect Muhammadu Buhari lamenting that the rest of the world looks at Nigeria as the home of corruption, one where stealing is not corruption but a way of life, and that his administration will pursue all public offices and individuals who are believed to be guilty of corruption.

It observed that despite an earlier promise, it is now understood that Buhari’s anti-corruption fishing net will include Ministers currently serving under President Goodluck Jonathan. Alison-Madueke’s departure from Nigeria is likely to be followed by several other PDP elders, party members and supporters as well as some former Government officials, as Buhari's anti-corruption drive will be far-reaching.

“It will be very interesting to learn in the coming months exactly how far back in Nigeria's history his administration will go in the pursuance of those who have robbed Nigeria of US$ 1 trillion, which is the latest estimated figure of theft from the Nigerian treasury between the period 1960-2005. Given that President Jonathan's administration is considered the most corrupt of any of its predecessors, that figure is going to be considerably magnified, but whether the new President will wish to pursue former Heads of State is a matter of interest and considerable debate to Nigerian observers. It is this subject that is primarily responsible for Buhari's success in winning the election as well as his campaign promises to eradicate Boko Haram, revive the economy and rebuild Nigeria to make its position as the number one country in Africa.

While BCA agreed that the March/April 2015 were “the most credible elections in Nigeria's history”, it said they could not be called the most incorruptible.

On the contrary, it referred to them as the worst because of the amount of money that the PDP so freely and openly spent on trying to secure the re-election of Mr. Jonathan.

“The stories and reports from throughout the 36 States of the amount of money distributed by the PDP to elders, rulers, church leaders, unions and youth leaders amongst others in an endeavour to favour the voters towards the PDP has backfired badly,” the report said.

BCA said that if the 2011 elections were considered bad, the 2015 elections will undoubtedly go down as the most corrupt in Nigeria's history, certainly since 1999, as the amount of money being distributed as bribes primarily by the PDP so very openly would readily confirm.

It reported that since November when campaigning began, President Jonathan and General Buhari during their travels made no fewer than 109 promises of what they intend to achieve if given the mandate in the presidential election.

“President Jonathan's campaign continued to hinge on his party's Transformation Agenda and the achievements of his Government in the last 4 years, particularly in the agricultural sector, job creation and the empowerment of women,” the report said. In that regard, it credited Jonathan as having achieved a great deal during his tenure.

It said it was however Jonathan’s failures - rampant corruption, insecurity, inability to eliminate the Boko Haram insurgency, failure in such sectors as the economy, and power in particular, and the overall feeling that he was ruled rather than led - that have cost him his re-election bid.

The report also stated that in the 2015 elections, up to 250 Nigerians lost their lives, describing that deplorable record as speaking volumes for the control achieved by the Police at the campaign rallies by the two main candidates.

It described the cost of the campaigns of the two main parties as “simply staggering”, noting that by the first week of March, Buhari had spent some N332.58 billion as compared to the expenditure of President Jonathan which amounted to N1.05 trillion.

“This is without taking into account the cost of other expenses for such items as campaign rallies, where the PDP has spent N1.06 billion against Muhammadu Buhari's APC's N595.08 million, and clearly demonstrates the desperate lengths that the PDP have gone to in order to try and secure the re-election of President Jonathan.”

Source: [url]http://saharareporters.com/2015/04/14/six-countries-turn-down-petroleum-minister-alison-madueke%E2%80%99s-asylum-request-bca-report[/url]
Re: Six Countries Turn Down Petroleum Minister Alison-Madueke’s Asylum Request by RobinHez(m): 6:17pm On Apr 14, 2015
Still reading...
Re: Six Countries Turn Down Petroleum Minister Alison-Madueke’s Asylum Request by TheOtherview: 6:19pm On Apr 14, 2015
Someone's on the run... cheesy
Re: Six Countries Turn Down Petroleum Minister Alison-Madueke’s Asylum Request by freshdude99(m): 6:21pm On Apr 14, 2015
Dey want to try her for all the Fulani looting sinx 1960 These guys must be high on craze. I didn't see any country name for that write up of propaganda sad I dey piri Gmb, he should better make electricity 24hr else we boot him out #rubbish

1 Like

Re: Six Countries Turn Down Petroleum Minister Alison-Madueke’s Asylum Request by milkymesh: 6:21pm On Apr 14, 2015
sahararrporters

Re: Six Countries Turn Down Petroleum Minister Alison-Madueke’s Asylum Request by donphilopus: 6:24pm On Apr 14, 2015
When she was milking us dry, she never thought of the repercussion...Buhari will make her life alongside other corrupt fellows miserable till 2019!
Re: Six Countries Turn Down Petroleum Minister Alison-Madueke’s Asylum Request by Gbawe: 6:32pm On Apr 14, 2015
That woman is corruption personified and if the 'plea deal' GEJ took means that he will not be hounded then it is the likes of Alison-Madueke who will be prosecuted and made scapegoats for the demands of Nigerians that "awon ole" must be jailed by Buhari. This is mainly what Buhari was voted in for. I.e to deal ruthlessly with those who are corrupt and plundered the wealth of Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Six Countries Turn Down Petroleum Minister Alison-Madueke’s Asylum Request by Nobody: 6:36pm On Apr 14, 2015
Gbawe:
That woman is corruption personified and if the 'plea deal' GEJ took means that he will not be hounded then it is the likes of Alison-Madueke who will be prosecuted and made scapegoats for the demands of Nigerians that "awon ole" must be jailed by Buhari. This is mainly what Buhari was voted in for. I.e to deal ruthlessly with those who are corrupt and plundered the wealth of Nigeria.

Egbon mi, I have always followed you like disciples followed Jesus cheesy I do hope you can pressure your party into seeing to the prosecution of this woman. Jonathan almost built an 'untouchable' aura aroud her.

[size=5pt]Though I find her eyes to be mad sexy[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Six Countries Turn Down Petroleum Minister Alison-Madueke’s Asylum Request by EdCure: 6:39pm On Apr 14, 2015
Jonathan and his gang of thieves ran this country like their private lives as if the world wasn't watching.

Now it has finally dawned on them that there is no peace for the wicked, and no one will shield them.
They will never be allowed to eat their loot in peace.

Sai Buhari!
Sai Nigeria!
Sai Interpol!

5 Likes

Re: Six Countries Turn Down Petroleum Minister Alison-Madueke’s Asylum Request by SirShymexx: 6:43pm On Apr 14, 2015
9jacrip:

Egbon mi, I have always followed you like disciples followed Jesus cheesy I do hope you can pressure your party into seeing to the prosecution of this woman. Jonathan almost built an 'untouchable' aura aroud her.

Lmao @ finding her eyes - she's definitely a MILF.

Topic:

Big Uncle from the Southside, do you have any idea about the countries that rejected her? I honestly don't think any country in the west will give any of them asylum, due to the circumstances surrounding the paradigm shift.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Six Countries Turn Down Petroleum Minister Alison-Madueke’s Asylum Request by Sweetguy25: 6:46pm On Apr 14, 2015
The BCA has no such report. Sahara should stop with the gonzo journalism.
Re: Six Countries Turn Down Petroleum Minister Alison-Madueke’s Asylum Request by vislabraye(m): 6:49pm On Apr 14, 2015
Gbawe:

She can as well go to Russia for asylum.

Buhari will do well if he would probe this regime and the previous ones. He should not also forget Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: Six Countries Turn Down Petroleum Minister Alison-Madueke’s Asylum Request by ollyruffy: 6:55pm On Apr 14, 2015
She and those thiefs that stole this country dry MUST pay for their sins.

She cannot run.

Catch am, catch am, thief, thief,thief, robber, robber, rogue, rogue.
Re: Six Countries Turn Down Petroleum Minister Alison-Madueke’s Asylum Request by Nobody: 7:00pm On Apr 14, 2015
I am displeased with the way she handled the Petroleum industry. However, SR should provide link to the BCA report for independent verification.

I want everyone that has dipped their hands in the treasury irrespective of who they are to be brought to justice. However, Gen Buhari MUST extend the anti-corruption war to PTDF(Obj and Atiku), revisit every single petition against Tinubu and Fashola(by true face of Lagos), pursue the cases against Saraki, Danjuma Goje, Timpre Sylva etc. Also, he must be ready to prosecute Amaechi and every other person who may have one or two petition hanging. Anything other than that will be interpreted as selective persecution and withunting of opposition figures.

#No sacred cow!

2 Likes

Re: Six Countries Turn Down Petroleum Minister Alison-Madueke’s Asylum Request by TheOtherview: 7:21pm On Apr 14, 2015
barcanista:
I am displeased with the way she handled the Petroleum industry. However, SR should provide link to the BCA report for independent verification.

I want everyone that has dipped their hands in the treasury irrespective of who they are to be brought to justice. However, Gen Buhari MUST extend the anti-corruption war to PTDF(Obj and Atiku), revisit every single petition against Tinubu and Fashola(by true face of Lagos), pursue the cases against Saraki, Danjuma Goje, Timpre Sylva etc. Also, he must be ready to prosecute Amaechi and every other person who may have one or two petition hanging. Anything other than that will be interpreted as selective persecution and withunting of opposition figures.

#No sacred cow!

I suspect that the report is only available as restricted content -- see http://www.bcafrica.co.uk/joinus/benefits
Re: Six Countries Turn Down Petroleum Minister Alison-Madueke’s Asylum Request by Gbawe: 7:26pm On Apr 14, 2015
9jacrip:

Allison-Madueke will certainly not escape scrutiny whether present or in absentia. Much of the looting GEJ and the PDP got away with was organized by her. For example, she and GEJ organised the fuel subsidy scam and benefited massively from it. It is only the NNPC, headed by Allison-Madueke, and the FG, headed by GEJ, who are the authorities able to grant licence to marketers wishing to operate as approved fuel importers. When these licences then end up in the hands of people with no capacity, facilities or experience to operate in the fuel importation sector then you can do the math to understand that GEJ and Allison-Madueke systematically 419ned Nigeria through their crooked minions like Ifeanyi Ubah. By the way, fuel subsidy scammers go here wien. The ones unconnected to politics and enjoying no immunity will see their case files dusted-off and represented before serious judges. That Ibori-style lack of seriousness with their prosecution will be gone and the judiciary will sit up. Fayemi, speaking for Buhari about the APC's policy drive, has already indicated that our VP-elect, Prof Osinbajo, will use his wealth of experience as a lawyer and public commissioner to 'ginger up' the judicial efforts of Nigeria and I know what this means.

http://economyandpoliticsng.com/news/26640/Highlights-of-the-approach-of-Muhammad-Buhari-Incoming-Government-Proshare
5. The VP elect, did a lot of work as commissioner of justice in LASG and will bring this to a major revamp of the judiciary to complement anti-corruption drive and the rule of law; he will also anchor the economic committee

My bro, sorry to tell you it ain't looking good for your 'iyawo' Allison-Madueke. Those 'opolo' eyes will begin sinking into their sockets with all the stress about to descend on her. She absolutely connived to steal Nigeria blind and will have to pay.

2 Likes

Re: Six Countries Turn Down Petroleum Minister Alison-Madueke’s Asylum Request by TheOtherview: 7:29pm On Apr 14, 2015
SirShymexx:

Lmao @ finding her eyes - she's definitely a MILF.

Topic:

Big Uncle from the Southside, do you have any idea about the countries that rejected her? I honestly don't think any country in the west will give any of them asylum, due to the circumstances surrounding the paradigm shift.

Dunno SirShymexx.
I am prepared to put good money on the table that she is looking Westwards, though, given her penchant for living-up the good life cheesy

I always knew it was going to come to this - an ignominious end in the cold light of day.

"Ain't no such thing as half-way crooks" ~Mobb Deep cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn8ai8viqLI
Re: Six Countries Turn Down Petroleum Minister Alison-Madueke’s Asylum Request by Nobody: 7:42pm On Apr 14, 2015
TheOtherview:

I suspect that the report is only available as restricted content -- see http://www.bcafrica.co.uk/joinus/benefits
oga which one is "restricted content"? This is propaganda except proven otherwise.
Re: Six Countries Turn Down Petroleum Minister Alison-Madueke’s Asylum Request by TheOtherview: 7:49pm On Apr 14, 2015
barcanista:
oga which one is "restricted content"? This is propaganda except proven otherwise.

Why don't you write directly to BCA, to help further your cause of nitpicking?
Never heard of subscription-based content, which can only be made available to members, before? Well, I have grin
Re: Six Countries Turn Down Petroleum Minister Alison-Madueke’s Asylum Request by Nobody: 7:54pm On Apr 14, 2015
Gbawe:

Allison-Madueke will certainly not escape scrutiny whether present or in absentia. Much of the looting GEJ and the PDP got away with was organized by her. For example, she and GEJ organised the fuel subsidy scam and benefited massively from it. It is only the NNPC, headed by Allison-Madueke, and the FG, headed by GEJ, who are the authorities able to grant licence to marketers wishing to operate as approved fuel importers. When these licences then end up in the hands of people with no capacity, facilities or experience to operate in the fuel importation sector then you can do the math to understand that GEJ and Allison-Madueke systematically 419ned Nigeria through their crooked minions like Ifeanyi Ubah. By the way, fuel subsidy scammers go here wien. The ones unconnected to politics and enjoying no immunity will see their case files dusted-off and represented before serious judges. That Ibori-style lack of seriousness with their prosecution will be gone and the judiciary will sit up. Fayemi, speaking for Buhari about the APC's policy drive, has already indicated that our VP-elect, Prof Osinbajo, will use his wealth of experience as a lawyer and public commissioner to 'ginger up' the judicial efforts of Nigeria and I know what this means.

http://economyandpoliticsng.com/news/26640/Highlights-of-the-approach-of-Muhammad-Buhari-Incoming-Government-Proshare

My bro, sorry to tell you it ain't looking good for your 'iyawo' Allison-Madueke. Those 'opolo' eyes will begin sinking into their sockets with all the stress about to descend on her. She absolutely connived to steal Nigeria blind and will have to pay.

Prof. Y. Osinbajo is one person with a wealth of knowledge either professionally as a lawyer or on academia and I so much admire him for that. I believe the APC created a combo that will complement each other.

I still battle myself over why I never heard of a man such as Osinbajo. Folks with knowledge in whatever field, as apparent on NL, pull mu admiration and reverence

Hopefully, Baba Buhari and Baba Osinbajo will be able to pool their wealth of experience, knowlegde and conscience together into running naija.

@second bolded: you killed me with the 'opolo eyes'. I pictured Madueke's eyes sunken in their sockets truly. cheesy
Re: Six Countries Turn Down Petroleum Minister Alison-Madueke’s Asylum Request by Nobody: 8:08pm On Apr 14, 2015
TheOtherview:

Never heard of subscription-based content, which can only be made available to members, before? Well, I have grin
Make una carry una propaganda go jare.
Re: Six Countries Turn Down Petroleum Minister Alison-Madueke’s Asylum Request by SirShymexx: 8:13pm On Apr 14, 2015
TheOtherview:

Dunno SirShymexx.
I am prepared to put good money on the table that she is looking Westwards, though, given her penchant for living-up the good life cheesy

I always knew it was going to come to this - an ignominious end in the cold light of day.

"Ain't no such thing as half-way crooks" ~Mobb Deep cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn8ai8viqLI

Sir, I don't think any country/leader in the west would be willing accept her, just like that, due to how they viewed GEJ's government. Her holy grail would be to cut the deal with the incoming government - while returning a specified amount. That's the only way all the hawks in GEJ's government would get a free passage Westwards.

These folks have too many baggage on them - and the EU needs a cordial relationship with the incoming one, due to the expiring sweet crude contracts which would be up for renewal soon.

My opinion, though.

I need to return the favour: "The Takeover" - Jay Z (I was going to go with "Ether" but it's too early for that lol).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAnGnevKxJE
Re: Six Countries Turn Down Petroleum Minister Alison-Madueke’s Asylum Request by Chinazaekperem5: 8:19pm On Apr 14, 2015
TheOtherview:

Please exercise patience when engaging with that poster.

He does not have the presence of mind nor the fundamentals to even comprehend what you are talking about.

3 Likes

Re: Six Countries Turn Down Petroleum Minister Alison-Madueke’s Asylum Request by Chinazaekperem5: 8:21pm On Apr 14, 2015
barcanista:
Make una carry una propaganda go jare.

It is still not too late to attend a higher institution. There are hundreds of them in Nigeria now

1 Like

Re: Six Countries Turn Down Petroleum Minister Alison-Madueke’s Asylum Request by ibisko04: 8:47pm On Apr 14, 2015
vislabraye:

She can as well go to Russia for asylum.

Buhari will do well if he would probe this regime and the previous ones. He should not also forget Tinubu.
No thief will go unpunished. We must recover all loots, who ever the looters may be.
Re: Six Countries Turn Down Petroleum Minister Alison-Madueke’s Asylum Request by jom28gy(m): 8:50pm On Apr 14, 2015
She had no case to answer,she made Nigeria proud.
Re: Six Countries Turn Down Petroleum Minister Alison-Madueke’s Asylum Request by ibisko04: 9:05pm On Apr 14, 2015
barcanista:

#No sacred cow!
Not a single person will escape the search light on corruption.
The new Nigeria we are about to enjoying is one that will not create a sacred cow.
All cows that milked Nigeria and Nigerians must be milked back.
Worried not Nigerians for the hour is near when all stealing will lead to jail .
Re: Six Countries Turn Down Petroleum Minister Alison-Madueke’s Asylum Request by KanwuliaJara: 9:13pm On Apr 14, 2015
If OBJ. . . . The GREATEST of ALL MINISTERIAL CROOKS in AFRICA cannot seek asylum, no one should!

NL tribalistic goon from "THE WEST" go and hang! grin
The missing $20 billion stays in the SOUTH-SOUTH!

Time for our own DANGOTE, OTEDOLA, AND ADENUGA!!!!!

Pele o!!!!!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Six Countries Turn Down Petroleum Minister Alison-Madueke’s Asylum Request by Nobody: 6:15am On Apr 15, 2015
TheOtherview:

Barca was giving us plenty subscription based content na - when he was hammering is with see induced sw voter pattern analysis

1 Like

Re: Six Countries Turn Down Petroleum Minister Alison-Madueke’s Asylum Request by Nobody: 6:18am On Apr 15, 2015
The umblella is gone

http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D7flrKMGfwjw&sa=U&ei=TvQtVdj_L4vYsAXzwYCIAw&ved=0CAgQtwI&usg=AFQjCNEtZDltDsyzBqoZzUFn_F5807NhUQ
Re: Six Countries Turn Down Petroleum Minister Alison-Madueke’s Asylum Request by TheOtherview: 7:03am On Apr 15, 2015
oyb:

Barca was giving us plenty subscription based content na - when he was hammering is with see induced sw voter pattern analysis

Right from the cesspit of TANology grin grin grin
He is clearly trying to play both ends at the middle now, having backed the wrong horse, for want of "protection money".
Re: Six Countries Turn Down Petroleum Minister Alison-Madueke’s Asylum Request by TheOtherview: 7:04am On Apr 15, 2015
Chinazaekperem5:

Please exercise patience when engaging with that poster.

He does not have the presence of mind nor the fundamentals to even comprehend what you are talking about.

I hear you bro.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Alert: Wike Mobbed In Port-harcourt / Buhari Hates Saraki Because He Is Not Fulani / 20 Nigerian Billionaires + Richest People In Nigeria 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.