Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,558 members, 7,823,455 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

Nigerian Makes History - Reaches The North Pole And Is Half Crippled - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerian Makes History - Reaches The North Pole And Is Half Crippled (513 Views)

Ikorodu Residents Palace Charm On Electric Pole To Avoid Disconnection / Man Meets A Crippled Lady In Ikeja & Offers To Buy Wheelchair & Open A Shop / Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Makes History - Reaches The North Pole And Is Half Crippled by Hackomania(m): 8:30pm On Apr 14, 2015
Marathon runner, Tuedon Morgan, has set another
record by being the first to hoist the Nigerian flag
on the North Pole, during the just concluded
National Black Marathoner Association marathon.
The winner who shared her experience with
BellaNaija, an online lifestyle blog said, "I became
the first Nigerian to step foot in the North Pole
and I ran a marathon on the north.

"I don't think I have ever done anything so difficult.
The last four kilometres were the hardest. I was
seeing things that weren't there. It was -41C.
"I was cold. It was a hard race but I kept seeing
the Nigerian flag and I knew I had to place it at the
end of the race. I pushed for my country.
"I was in tears when I crossed the finished line.
Another thing that really got me worried running
the North Pole was my leg. "I have a bad leg and it
requires me wearing special running shoes. I had
to use brand new shoes for the race. It had
spikes underneath it. But funny enough my legs
were good. I believe so much that God was with
me," concludes Morgan.

Culled from AllAfrica.com and BellaNaija

Follow me on Twitter @kcemenike
Re: Nigerian Makes History - Reaches The North Pole And Is Half Crippled by Beesluv: 8:33pm On Apr 14, 2015
clap for him

(1) (Reply)

Please Kindly Vote For My Daughter In The Nordica Baby Competition / Which Is Mightier A Pen, Money Or A Gun? / Game Of Thrones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.