Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,603 members, 7,827,269 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

Eziachi: Northern Under Age Voters Vs Southern Vote Writers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eziachi: Northern Under Age Voters Vs Southern Vote Writers (1207 Views)

Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa Vs Southern Kaduna Attacks / Bauchi Warns Under-age Voters To Keep Off / INEC Accrediting Under Age Voters In The North - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eziachi: Northern Under Age Voters Vs Southern Vote Writers by Eziachi: 12:47pm On Apr 15, 2015
I was privileged to witness the two elections while holidaying in Nigeria in Orlu and Port Harcourt precicely. I left Orlu on the eve before the presidential election and travelled to Port Harcourt.
Everywhere was tensed. Ideato where I stayed for few nights visiting extended relatives was locked down with military presence that you will think that there is a war coming.
It was a day after the election when picture started to emerge, why the military presence- Ideato. Ideato is the heartland and beat of APC in Imo, Mr Okorocha's home town.
In Port Harcourt on the election day, it was very quiet around my residential home in Elekahia Housing Estate.
Those around me , non of them voted. There reason being that Jonathan has won already without them voting, which was odd at first.
They were all diehard supporters of GEJ but were sharply divided with the governorship contest candidates.
We all sat together watching as the collation exercise with Jega was going on with the exceptIon of my wife who aren't interested until Orubebe decided to enter the stage.
We all had a good laugh about it and in fact Orubebe succeeded in getting my Scottish wife interested in the election.
It was after the Orubebe side show that I personally called the election for Buhari because I knew both side had already knew the outcome from their polling agents, hence, Orubebe's outburst.

But my diehard GEJ supporters relatives thought that I was mad because Akwa Ibom, Rivers and Delta has some atomic bomb vote not yet called eventhough they never bothered to go out and vote themselves.

And they were right. Rivers state vote dropped like an atomic bomb and they got excited and more excited when Akwa Ibom and Delta was dropped.

But that excitement was shortlived when Katsina was released, and with Borno and I think Sokoto yet out of the bag. It was at that point they were forced agreed with me that Jonathan is now officially an ex president.

At that point, lunch was called with many more relatives and old friends trooping in to see me for the first time after my amputation surgery.
Discussion then turned to where it all went wrong. With all sorts of reasons and blames. Most prominent was that it was a gang up. I reminded them 2011.

But the biggest blame was that of underage voters tilting it for Buhari.
They were alarmed when I said that I do not have much problem with underage voting, eventhough it is unlawful.

Rather, I am against people sitting down to write vote numbers no one casted. Under age voting is a question of a,made law barring a young person from voting because of their age, eventhough many of them are more political aware than grown men that sell their PVC for few hundred Naira.
And in theory, there is no way to prove that the under age vote benefitted a certain candidate. In theory under age vote is the same when women were barred from voting in England because of their gender or when black people was barred from voting in America because of their race.
But in time both were removed to allow both groups to vote. But never would writing of non existing vote ever be allowed In any democracy. That is my reason.

If the very young people in the north were political conscious enough to register, endevour to collect their PVC, stand for hours to be accredited and voted, good luck to them.
What about their counterparts down sourh? How much of awareness of whats going on do they have Absolutely non!
How can they? When they are more interested in what the Kardashians had for breakfast than knowing that there is a political party called KOWA in this election.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eziachi: Northern Under Age Voters Vs Southern Vote Writers by SeverusSnape(m): 12:48pm On Apr 15, 2015
What?!.... I thought you deactivated undecided
@ topic, This is an apt analysis, you said the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Eziachi: Northern Under Age Voters Vs Southern Vote Writers by atlwireles: 12:50pm On Apr 15, 2015
[s]
Eziachi:
I was privileged to witness the two elections while holidaying in Nigeria in Orlu and Port Harcourt precicely. I left Orlu on the eve before the presidential election and travelled to Port Harcourt.
Everywhere was tensed. Ideato where I stayed for few nights visiting extended relatives was locked down with military presence that you will think that there is a war coming.
It was a day after the election when picture started to emerge, why the military presence- Ideato. Ideato is the heartland and beat of APC in Imo, Mr Okorocha's home town.
In Port Harcourt on the election day, it was very quiet around my residential home in Elekahia Housing Estate.
Those around me , non of them voted. There reason being that Jonathan has won already without them voting, which was odd at first.
They were all diehard supporters of GEJ but were sharply divided with the governorship contest candidates.
We all sat together watching as the collation exercise with Jega was going on with the exceptIon of my wife who aren't interested until Orubebe decided to enter the stage.
We all had a good laugh about it and in fact Orubebe succeeded in getting my Scottish wife interested in the election.
It was after the Orubebe side show that I personally called the election for Buhari because I knew both side had already knew the outcome from their polling agents, hence, Orubebe's outburst.

But my diehard GEJ supporters relatives thought that I was mad because Akwa Ibom, Rivers and Delta has some atomic bomb vote not yet called eventhough they never bothered to go out and vote themselves.

And they were right. Rivers state vote dropped like an atomic bomb and they got excited and more excited when Akwa Ibom and Delta was dropped.

But that excitement was shortlived when Katsina was released, and with Borno and I think Sokoto yet out of the bag. It was at that point they were forced agreed with me that Jonathan is now officially an ex president.

At that point, lunch was called with many more relatives and old friends trooping in to see me for the first time after my amputation surgery.
Discussion then turned to where it all went wrong. With all sorts of reasons and blames. Most prominent was that it was a gang up. I reminded them 2011.

But the biggest blame was that of underage voters tilting it for Buhari.
They were alarmed when I said that I do not have much problem with underage voting, eventhough it is unlawful.

Rather, I am against people sitting down to write vote numbers no one casted. Under age voting is a question of a,made law barring a young person from voting because of their age, eventhough many of them are more political aware than grown men that sell their PVC for few hundred Naira.
And in theory, there is no way to prove that the under age vote benefitted a certain candidate. In theory under age vote is the same when women were barred from voting in England because of their gender or when black people was barred from voting in America because of their race.
But in time both were removed to allow both groups to vote. But never would writing of non existing vote ever be allowed In any democracy. That is my reason.

If the very young people in the north were political conscious enough to register, endevour to collect their PVC, stand for hours to be accredited and voted, good luck to them.
What about their counterparts down sourh? How much of awareness of whats going on do they have Absolutely non!
How can they? When they are more interested in what the Kardashians had for breakfast than knowing that there is a political party called KOWA in this election.
[/s]
Re: Eziachi: Northern Under Age Voters Vs Southern Vote Writers by theV0ice: 1:07pm On Apr 15, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Elder Eziachi always enjoys killing somebody's 'joy' wink

I'll be back to comment when i finally get what to write
Re: Eziachi: Northern Under Age Voters Vs Southern Vote Writers by amarilo: 1:53pm On Apr 15, 2015
Rigging for a corrupt politician is "somehow" understandable cos the corrupt politician is away and sanctioned it but rigging for Mr integrity is what I don't understand. Mr integrity should have said no " I did not win this election freely so cancel it as am not gonna accept a corrupt election mandate". Now its obvious Mr Integrity is standing on a corrupt mandate.

The correct thing you should have said is Northern under aged/Vote writers vs Southern Vote writer. Hope you know who gonna come on top
Re: Eziachi: Northern Under Age Voters Vs Southern Vote Writers by Wsdm: 2:21pm On Apr 15, 2015
amarilo:
Rigging for a corrupt politician is "somehow" understandable cos the corrupt politician is away and sanctioned it but rigging for Mr integrity is what I don't understand. Mr integrity should have said no " I did not win this election freely so cancel it as am not gonna accept a corrupt election mandate". Now its obvious Mr Integrity is standing on a corrupt mandate.

The correct thing you should have said is Northern under aged/Vote writers vs Southern Vote writer. Hope you know who gonna come on top
What evidence do you have that the underage voters voted for a particular candidate? The writer has said a matter of legislation can aprove underage voters but not vote-writing.
Re: Eziachi: Northern Under Age Voters Vs Southern Vote Writers by Vicadonis(m): 2:33pm On Apr 15, 2015
Story for the gods ooo
Re: Eziachi: Northern Under Age Voters Vs Southern Vote Writers by amarilo: 2:56pm On Apr 15, 2015
Wsdm:

What evidence do you have that the underage voters voted for a particular candidate? The writer has said a matter of legislation can aprove underage voters but not vote-writing.
No they voted for me. This your question is akin to asking what evidence do you have to show that GEJ,The wife, OBJ, IBB, Tinubu, Atiku, Orji are corrupt. Nigerians always turning a blind eye when it favours them.
Re: Eziachi: Northern Under Age Voters Vs Southern Vote Writers by chiefinalowo: 3:35pm On Apr 15, 2015
Elder Eziachi is always unbiased.
Re: Eziachi: Northern Under Age Voters Vs Southern Vote Writers by bakila: 3:44pm On Apr 15, 2015
Op why are you influencing the Jury in Dakuku's Election Petition?
Re: Eziachi: Northern Under Age Voters Vs Southern Vote Writers by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 3:46pm On Apr 15, 2015
As someone who was among the corpers who participated in the 2011 registration exercise in the north. I can tell you they do nothing. You just see them wake up and sit down. From day till night. The only activity they know is pray. From able bodied young men to young boys. Obviously you know why they have time. When the case of mutiple registration came up an inec official specifically told me dat there was no way that can be corrected since the database is neva goin to be central. During the first 3 days we had so many problems then there was and order to reduce the sensitivity of the finger print reader. The INEC database is just poling unit to poling unit. I can tell you that JEGA has succeded in making the north have its claws on nigeria in the watch of we the SW all just to kick GEJ out. Any idot that told you they voted in those northern villages should be shot.
Re: Eziachi: Northern Under Age Voters Vs Southern Vote Writers by doctokwus: 4:36pm On Apr 15, 2015
There cannot be any comparison, elder.
Just because we don't rely on statistics, but phantom projections in Nigeria, people usually come up with far fetched figures where empirical evidence and even common sense should suffice.
I always like to use kano and rivers as a basis of analyisi,because both represent what happened in d far north where elections took place and d ss where figures were written.
In Kano let's assume for analysis that underage voting took place;at best this would represent about 1% of voters.With 2m counted votes,1% gives u 20,000 so called underage voters,this from all indications is insignificant to affect even a state assembly election,talkless of a presidential.
But in SS with d way they operate there,a wike agent using thugs gets to add @least 500 to votes in each polling unit.With asumed conservative 2000 polling units in Rivers state,this gives him an additional whooping 1,000 000 votes!!
So from this simple but representative analysis, its obvious that a rigging machine as obtained in many SS states is far more decisive,figure inflating and election deciding than anything all underage voters can ever accomplish.

(1) (Reply)

What Will Become Of The Youwin Program Now That Jonathan Lost The Election / Fashola Commissions Science & Technology Office Building. PICTURES. / Police And Other Paramilitaries Secretly Recruiting To Outsmart Buhari!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.