Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,737 members, 7,824,089 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Made For Africa Antivirus - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Made For Africa Antivirus (950 Views)

Please Help Suggest A Good And Reliable Antivirus For My Computer / My Laptop Refuse To Boot After I Installed Photoshop And SMD Antivirus / How To Get Your Smadav Antivirus Activated For Life (pro) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Made For Africa Antivirus by Nobody: 2:11pm On Apr 15, 2015
Good day,
I would like to sample opinion on the African Versions of antivirus brands made specifically for Africa.
I noticed that apart from the part that are scaled down versions, the virus definitions never update..
I have tried, Norton, Kapersky, Bitdefender and Quick Heal.
Activation works on these products but they never update, you try updating for the whole day, and burn precious data but the virus definition are never updated.

Norton has the same trouble with its dynamic update and never seems to update.

What I want to know is, if these Brands are really products of their parent companies or just rip offs made by some clever programmer to defraud Africans.

Why should we have an antivirus made for Africa. I noticed that the versions downloaded from the net work very well when you pay for the license using your debit cards even thought they cost more.

View and reactions are welcome.
Re: Made For Africa Antivirus by dodobytes: 4:29pm On Apr 15, 2015
please there is absolutely nothing like Norton AntiVirus (African Version) or any other brand solely made for African users.

Maybe u are using pirated/cracked versions of their premium suites,that's why they aren't updating.

Just stick with the free versions,dey work just as good too.
Re: Made For Africa Antivirus by Nobody: 9:13am On Apr 16, 2015
There are African Versions of Norton, Quick Heal ,Bitdefender etc,Ii challenge you to go to any reputable computer vendor to see them, or even jumia you will see where it is written 'FOR USE IN AFRICA' boldy on the pack.

Check out the facts before you rant.
Re: Made For Africa Antivirus by dodobytes: 4:12pm On Apr 16, 2015
kaeforum:
There are African Versions of Norton, Quick Heal ,Bitdefender etc,Ii challenge you to go to any reputable computer vendor to see them, or even jumia you will see where it is written 'FOR USE IN AFRICA' boldy on the pack.

Check out the facts before you rant.

Apologies..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Me Out I Lost All The Folders On My System. / Please Advice Me On This / What Are You Using Your Computer System For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.