Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,996 members, 7,810,774 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:10 PM

There Is Deep Anti Amaechi Sentiment In The Creek-tonye Princewill Warns - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Is Deep Anti Amaechi Sentiment In The Creek-tonye Princewill Warns (1137 Views)

Senate Postpones Decision On Anti-Amaechi Petition Till Wednesday / Anti-amaechi Lawmakers Win / Nyesom Wike, Tonye Princewill, Dakuku Peterside Pictured Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Is Deep Anti Amaechi Sentiment In The Creek-tonye Princewill Warns by Nobody: 4:57pm On Apr 15, 2015
SAN FRANCISCO, April 13, (THEWILL) – As controversy continues to trail last Saturday’s governorship election in Rivers State, the Labour Party (LP)”s candidate in the election, Prine Tonye Princewill, has condemned the killings and violence that accompanied the exercise.Lamenting the violent turn of event in the statebefore, during and after the election, Princewillsaid the attendant killings and maiming were unnecessary though the signs were right there.At a media briefing on Monday, Princewill however expressed gratitude to God and his supporters for the support so far.In a statement he read at the briefing, Princewill said his next political step would beunfolded in the coming weeks.The statement reads: “Good day Ladies and Gentlemen and greetings to Rivers people. Myname is Prince Tonye T.J.T Princewill, the Labour party candidate in the just concluded 2015 Gubernatorial elections.“First of all I want to start by thanking the Almighty God for life. As expected, the 2015 election for Governorship has come and gone but the bitter taste it has left will not be forgotten in a hurry. With hindsight, the outcome could have been predicted long ago but many of us were fooled into thinking that things would be different, card readers would be invaluable and elections, no longer business as usual. As a voter here in Rivers state told me yesterday, “The greatest trick INEC ever pulled is making us believe that in 2015, our votes would actually count.”“While I think this view may be a little harsh in many states, that frustration is understandable here. Where without the presence of INEC officials or material in some areas, results were declared in the very same areas as if elections actually did hold. What kind of message are we sending? Can the people who experienced this ever have faith inpolitics or the electoral process again? This process was neither free nor fair and it certainly was not credible. But in the end INECfelt otherwise. I will come to that.“It is no doubt understandable that some will celebrate this exercise, while my party and others will in most parts condemn it. But I prefer to bring to our attention the lives that were lost in this orgy of violence that was occasionally interrupted by voting.
Door to door campaigning became door to door shooting and everything from dynamite to beheadings became the order of the day. The number of bullets expended exceeded the number of voters. If we seek to govern in peace, we really must sanitise and demilitarise our political process. This message applies to both parties and to INEC.“As I said after the Presidential elections, “What goes around comes around.” The person beheaded in my community was a wellknown member of the PDP. The very deep anti Amaechi sentiment within and outside the creeks backed by guns and an equally well armed pro-Amaechi lobby was always a recipe for chaos. Buguma the headquarters ofmy dear Kalabari Kingdom, was a sitting duck.The Labour party and the good people of the land, innocent bystanders. Was this war really necessary? .
No But it was inevitable. The signs were there.“Let me use this opportunity to thank my teamand all our supporters for their sacrifice. I want to assure you that it will not be in vain. You believed in a different kind of Rivers state and you worked and toiled, many times without appreciation, just to achieve it.“We didn’t have the kind of money others had, but you moved mountains regardless. I am proud of you. Rivers people are proud of you and we will deliver for them one day by His grace. My happiness is that we lost no one during either our campaign or our elections and we embodied peace all the way. For that I thank God and I further dedicate my life to Him.“As for my next steps and what the party will do going forward, my Deputy and I will be meeting within the party and outside the party over the next few days before we take a decision. We will examine the weight of evidence gathered on the field and talk with our legal team. If 2007 taught me anything, it is that the interest in our matter is bigger than just the Labour party. This decision is not for me alone to make. “
http://thewillnigeria.com/news/rivers-guber-princewill-condemns-killings-ponders-next-step/
Re: There Is Deep Anti Amaechi Sentiment In The Creek-tonye Princewill Warns by Nobody: 5:03pm On Apr 15, 2015
The way Amaechi is hated in PH, he had better stay away in Abuja less he gets lynched or killed,people really hate him
Re: There Is Deep Anti Amaechi Sentiment In The Creek-tonye Princewill Warns by Nobody: 5:07pm On Apr 15, 2015
him don reach san francisco already, hehehehe. this guy should concentrate on his business and stop contesting for governorship every now and then. he may end up like Buhari just that he does not have a selling point like Buhari.

though he said the truth but next time he should join forces with his Kalabari brothers to present a common position like the northerners did in the last election

1 Like

Re: There Is Deep Anti Amaechi Sentiment In The Creek-tonye Princewill Warns by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:08pm On Apr 15, 2015
SenseiX:
The way Amaechi is hated in PH, he had better stay away in Abuja less he gets lynched or killed,people really hate him
na only thugs hate him, not people. Thugs are animals, not human
Re: There Is Deep Anti Amaechi Sentiment In The Creek-tonye Princewill Warns by Samyyorn: 6:27pm On Apr 15, 2015
Toye go and hug Afam vi power plant
Re: There Is Deep Anti Amaechi Sentiment In The Creek-tonye Princewill Warns by Samyyorn: 6:31pm On Apr 15, 2015
We Rivers people have decided so be it.
Re: There Is Deep Anti Amaechi Sentiment In The Creek-tonye Princewill Warns by Nobody: 6:38pm On Apr 15, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
na only thugs hate him, not people. Thugs are animals, not human

So I guess that it is the PDP that beheaded the PDP chieftain as contained in this report.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

PDP Commends Police Interception Of Rivers Government House Loot By Gov Amaechi / Boko Haram Penetrated Northeast Due To Illiteracy - Obasanjo / Shocker! Buhari Has Not Ordered Sale Of 9 Presidential Jets – Presidency Premium

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.