Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,818 members, 7,851,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:59 AM

Does Some Of Our Medical Doctors, And Nurses Help Kill Us Or Save Us?? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Does Some Of Our Medical Doctors, And Nurses Help Kill Us Or Save Us?? (505 Views)

Does Some Certain Kind Of Sounds Upset You? Here Is Why / Meet Godwin Maduka, One Of Africa's Richest Medical Doctors (Photos) / Save This Child Nairalanders, Advice Me On What To Do, Please Doctors And Nurses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does Some Of Our Medical Doctors, And Nurses Help Kill Us Or Save Us?? by owoh00(m): 7:45am On Apr 16, 2015
What's your perception of graduating as a medical student in Nigeria, and as a doctor your patient still doesn't have trust in your care. And resorted to traveling abroad for medical care. Is it that their education is better than ours? Or is it that our doctors are too negligent to their duties which resorted to most unexplainable patient death? Or perhaps is those attitude our hospital nurses always ware that scare everyone from the hospital, or does it mean our doctors, and nurses secretly prescribe medication to patients which is not their duties to

Please add your perception to this

Before asking this question I myself have gone through unexplained medical advice, procedures, and medications that has put my father's sight in mess.

I asked this question today because I am getting the full picture of the mistake they made now that I am a student of health Science abroad.

I am not castigating any health care practitioners. Just my observations. So, lets us all be prudent in our replies.
Re: Does Some Of Our Medical Doctors, And Nurses Help Kill Us Or Save Us?? by lolayung9(m): 8:04pm On Apr 16, 2015
Without apologies, except for few, Most Nigerian doctors are still leaving in the past. This could be as a result of the 1960 syllabus our lecturers still use to teach our medical students in the medical school, or perhaps our doctors are too lazy to familiarize themselves with the current trends, researches and methods used by other doctors abroad.

Just last week, one of our clients told us how a supposed medical doctor prescribed “Sunday-Sunday Drugs” for his pregnant wife to be taking. We later understood that this drug is no longer been used for anti-malaria. It has been banned long time ago.

There are also cases where a doctor administers Ampicillin to a patient having staphylococcus infections. The doctor believes Staphylococcus is a common bacterium, so any antibiotic can take care of it.

Most Nigerian doctors do not believe that there is something called MRSA (Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus) – this is a type of staphylococcus bacteria that is resistant to antibiotics.

Please read the true life story of a man who has suffered from miss-diagnosis infections - www.doublegandm.com/index.html

You can also get more information about staphylococcus bacteria resistant to antibiotics - http://www.bbc.com/news/health-21739378

With the incoming administration of the president elect - Buhari, my hope and prayers are that, the obsolete schemes and syllabuses used in Nigeria Higher Institutions would be over-hauled to conform with global trends, I also pleased with our up coming doctors to always go for refresher’s courses and do a lot of reading in their field of practices to improve their selves.
Re: Does Some Of Our Medical Doctors, And Nurses Help Kill Us Or Save Us?? by Juzzybabe(f): 8:49am On Apr 17, 2015
This thought has been on my mind for so long. I wonder the same. I realize that asking google for solution to one's health problem can be more safer than asking some Nigerian medical practitionals. I have had cases where doctors misled me and it really got me wondering. Most of our medical practitioner have no idea of what they claim to practice! Very few are fully into it,and those few feels so proud of themselves that they would hold unto their ego and watch patients dies in their hands.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Remedy To Cure All Ills(the Power Of Sugar) / Burn Off Even More Excess Fat With T5 Fat Burner! / How Do Supplements Aid Good Health??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.