Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:28 AM

The Next Artiste To Blow ! - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Next Artiste To Blow ! (2576 Views)

Collabos That Helped Some Nigerian Artistes To Blow / I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman / Wizkid Signs First Artiste To Starboy Label (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Next Artiste To Blow ! by 9jabeats(m): 7:13pm On Jan 29, 2009
Hi guys please send in your suggestions on an underground Artiste who you think will make waves the year. www.9jabeats.com … promoting 9gerian independent Artistes.
Re: The Next Artiste To Blow ! by 9jabeats(m): 7:34pm On Jan 29, 2009
http://nijabeats.com/members/1104/

Artist - VICTORIOUZ

WAS BORN IN NIGERIA IN A FAMILY OF [6] SIX, EL VACCINE, ME, VANEN & MY SISTER MVENA. MY DAD MR P.I. IWAMBE & MUM MRS. COMFORT NOW A DIVORCEE. GROWING UP AS A CHILD I PICKED UP ENTERTAINMENT AS A HOBBY. AT SEVEN I WAS ALREADY A STAGE PERFORMER. I PARTICIPATED IN SCHOOL'S VARIETY NIGHTS, AND LATER STARTED PERFOMING @ BIGGER EVENTS LIKE, MISS HOTLEGS BEAUTY PAGEANT 2001, INTERNATIONAL BLACK HISTORY MONTH 2001, STAR TREK 2001, MISS BENUE 2002 & MANY OTHERS. MY FIRST SINGLE "LUV CODE" GAINED ITS 1ST AIRPLAY BY NIGERIA's FAMOUS RADIO PRESENTER "DENIS UVA JNR. a.k.a. "THE WISE MAN" IN 1997, GAINING ME CREDENCE TO BIGGER EVENTS EARLIER MENTIONED. MY SONG WAS STOLEN BY TWO OTHER ARTISTE UNMENTIONED, A SONG THAT GAVE 'EM TREMENDOUS FAME IN 2003. ****MAJOR MISHAPS***** I WAS SHOT BY A STRAY BULLET THAT WENT STRAIGHT ON THE BLOCK ON 29TH MAY 2004, GOD BEING KING & WONDERFUL THE BULLET MADE A STOP IN THE LAST LAYER IN MY SHOE SOLE LEAVING ME WITH JUST A LITTLE BURN UNDER MY FOOT. IN 2005. I HAD A SURGICAL OPERATION UPON MY TONGUE ON THE 23RD OF SEPTEMBER 7 ALMOST LOST MA LIFE, I WAS ON COMMA FOR SEVERAL HOURS. I THANK GOD & I'LL PRAISE HIM 4EVER!!! PSALM 40. IN 2006. I WAS INVITED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE S.O.S.I.M TRIBUTE PROJECT "A LATE STELLA OBASANJO SONG IN MEMORIAL PROJECT" [S.O.S.I.M] WHERE I WAS GIVEN A SONG TITLED "REMINISCIN" WHICH I DID WITH MAGIC-T AND ALSO SHOT A VIDEO FOR IT AS A COLLABO. IN 2007. I PARTICIPATED IN THE MTV/MTN VJ SEARCH IN NIGERIA & WAS AMONGST THE LAST TEN BEFORE EVICTION CAUGHT ME OUT. 2008. MY YEAR OF 100% SUCCESS & I'M WORKING HARD ON MY FORTH COMING DEBUT 13 TRACKS ALBUM WITH AN INTENDING TITLE "NO XCUSES" 'COS I BELIEVE GOD HAS BLESSED ME WITH ALL I NEED TO BE THERE!!! SO NO FLIMSY EXCUSES!. I ALSO RUN A MAGAZINE "NU NOISE MAGAZINE", GRAPHICS STUDIO " & A CLOTHING LINE "EFIXXY COLLECTIONS" IN NIGERIA. FANX SO MUCH FOR NO SKIPPING A WORD NOR SPARING A LINE OF MA PROFILE. STAY VICTORIOUS! GOD BLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LUV Y'ALL!
Re: The Next Artiste To Blow ! by 9jabeats(m): 12:26pm On Jan 30, 2009
http://nijabeats.com/members/394/

Artist - Sheun

Artist Bio
Born in Thessalonica, Greece, over two decades ago to Ajayi and Abeni Adekunle, Sheun, an indigene of Ondo State, Western Nigeria made his debut about 14years ago and has not looked back since then. A trained Architect, Sheun developed a passion for music and the arts in his early years. Singer/Songwriter, his soul-stirring lyrics and ringing voice make him stand out amongst his peers. His radio demo - DEEP released in Nigeria in 2006, marked his official entry into the music world and earned him outstanding radio reviews; and several Top 10 spots have seen him holding fort for weeks on end.
Sheun holds to his credit several collaborations with several mainstream and upcoming artistes. He is currently working on his first studio album with release dates yet to be announced.
Re: The Next Artiste To Blow ! by 9jabeats(m): 2:26pm On Jan 31, 2009
http://nijabeats.com/members/894/

COLDFLAMES http://nijabeats.com/members/894/

Artist Bio
COLDFLAMES (Fakoya Ayoola Olumide) is a Nigerian singer songwriter and the head of his indipendent record label called FLAMING MEDIA, His career started as a chorister in the children choir of his church. He started playing the drums at the age of 6, before venturing into the playing of the piano at the age of 11His musical career started professionally in 2001 after meeting up with 3 guys (Flo pro, Sayne, Rajcore) in a studio called Beatdown entertainment. While playing around in the studio, they cooked up a song called pepper rest Jo, which was a big local hit, and then decided to form a group named higher. Unfortunately they group broke up due to differences with the management of their record label then just after the recording of their debut album, which never saw the light of the day.

ColdFlames went on to record his first song called “everything� which became people's favbourites. Due to the impressive response from the locals, he decided to work on his album, writing and producing tirelessly on every track.
2 videos have being shot for the song everything which is meant to be the first single on his album, but was never released due to the his non satisfaction with the quality.

As a producer he has worked with several Nigerian Artist like Fantom,Omar,MI,DJ Mannie(Cool fm radio personality),Dynamics,Zdon,Harrison,Akpos,KL,T-rella,etc.
He just recently finished work on the Albums of Omar and DJ Mannie.His influences musically are so diverse, from pop to rock,Trance,hip hop,r&b,Techno,New Age, just name it so as it is called music. When relaxing he listens to a lot of softrock.His favourites artist that influenced him are Backstreetboys,westlife,Nsync,Linkin Park, Savage Garden,Goo Goo Dolls,Evanesence,Ben Jelen,3 doors down,Nickelback,Justin timberlake,Timbaland,Usher,P-Square,Dbanj,Djinee,STYL-PLUS.
ColdFlames is one of the few versatile producers in the country right now. He can cook any beats, not minding the genre. From Rock to Hip hop to R&B to Dancehsll, to Techno, Afrobeat, etc. (Gifted he is, I guess.)

ColdFlames is ready to expand his horizons beyond his locals.His album is a blend of rock, urban and electro sounds, with some heart felt lyrics, fused into a unique blend of heart thumping beats. His sound is so unique due to his unique husky style of singing which generates goose pimples on anyone who listens to his tracks.
ColdFlames album is to be titled “STARLESS NIGHT"

“Music is a journey of happiness for me, I guess it’s the only thing that gives me satisfaction, one thing is for sure, and I give my all into every production of music I am involved in.�
Re: The Next Artiste To Blow ! by 9jabeats(m): 10:50am On Feb 04, 2009
WANDE COLE

Born Wande Ojosipe on the 18th of October 1985, 1st child in a family of 2 children Wande like most great musicians started singing in the teenage choir at his church. he got his break in the Nigerian entertainment industry as a dancer. He continued improving his vocal skill and got signed to Don jazzy’s Mo’ Hits records in 2006. He featured on D’banj’s Rundown/Funk You up album on singles like; Loke, tonosibe and why me.
Being signed to Mo’ Hits records he is also a member of the Mo’ Hits allstars, and played a major role in the recently released CV (Curriculum vitae) album.
His first single of the CV album “Ololufe” has been described as the greatest love song ever written by a Nigerian.
Wande Coal has also recorded track with other Nigerian artist including; Ikechukwu, Naeto-C, SID D’Prince and P-Lola.
He has been dubbed the town crier because of his performance where he announces the entrance of D’banj singing D koko

Apart from being a talented singer Wande Coal is also a brilliant performer as can be seen at his numerous performances, which include;

Thisday music festival 2006 and 2007 with Jay-Z, Beyonce, Busta Rhymes, Snoop Dogg, Missy Elliot, Ciara, P-Diddy, Neyo, Rhianna, Shakira, John Legend and many more
History of love concert 2007 with 112, Kenny latimore, Chantey Moore and Donnel Jones
Ghana music awards 2007 Accra
Channel O spirit of Africa awards 2007
Nigerian Reunion US 2007
Calabar carnival 2007
Star Mega Jam 2007 with T-pain and Kanye West

AWARDS
Next Rated Hip Hop World Awards 2008
Naija’s fastest Rising Superstar UNIPORT AWARDS 2008

Wande coal is definitely the future of African RnB, so keep an eye out or you might just miss the rise of a true superstar.
Re: The Next Artiste To Blow ! by Rochalis(m): 2:55pm On Feb 04, 2009
NNENA

Seriously sexy Igbo soul queen Nnena, redefined her presence in 9ja Entertainment in 2004 with her energetic performance at Y’ello fest organized by MTN. She started out singing as a hobby at the age of ten, with a three girl choir group in secondary school. This passion grew and she had her first Demo Cd ENPATURE completed in 2002 with the hit track ‘SO’. MISSIN (Her first hit single from her second album) was done in 2004. She has been unstoppable ever since. Nnena confesses “My Music is a door way to my soul which opens up a world of consciousness which feeds your soul leaving totally overwhelmed and satisfied”. Her spectacular presence began with a journey that started some two decades ago.

A vast rich country side of Uga Village in Anambra State, Nigeria witnessed the birth of this soul queen in the 80s, just when POP Music was being defined; no wonder she has music in her veins. Nnena is the last born of five but this has not affected her musical definition and creativity. Nnena is not new to hardship as she was raised singly by her mother on the occurrence of her father’s death when she was only twelve.

All that transformed her into a poet, didactic storyteller, an inspiring songstress, an energetic dancer, and guitarist. She is also a part-time music producer. Writing songs to Nnena is a spiritual and transcendental experience because her passionate love for music is accentuated through the way she delivers. She adores her guitar and even has a name for it, OMALI adapted from omalicha in Ibo dialect which means “Beautiful”. She says “Beauty is not all about the booty; it is not totally about great looks and lots of oomph! But about the you in you which makes the you, who you are”. One of the things that inspire Nnena is her emotion and personal experiences as well as her various desires to pursue a cause and finish it.

“I believe in GOD, LOVE, and being myself even if it means being odd and mysterious and eccentric, even eccentricity can be eclectic” says Nnena. I say the you who make the you who you are, is simply talented beyond words.

This is why she has enjoyed collaborations with 9ja finest in Entertainment, people like Mode9, Silver Saddih, etc. Nnena’s Cd would be hitting stores soon.
Re: The Next Artiste To Blow ! by Rochalis(m): 3:00pm On Feb 04, 2009
If you ask me personally;I'd say this chick is the next biggest thing about to dazzle Naija and the world.If you watch her perform,you'll know what I'm talking about.I'm hereby waiting for her album.No doubt it's gonna be da bomb!
Re: The Next Artiste To Blow ! by 9jabeats(m): 6:19pm On Feb 04, 2009
yeah she is hot !! for those of you who have not herd her this is her 9jabeats.com page

http://nijabeats.com/members/863/

Re: The Next Artiste To Blow ! by tosinaded(m): 10:41pm On Feb 04, 2009
9jabeats:

His first single of the CV album “Ololufe” has been described as the greatest love song ever written by a Nigerian.

who described it
how can it be!!!!!
Re: The Next Artiste To Blow ! by kushion: 11:36pm On Feb 04, 2009
I've been waiting for naija to catch the fire of Ibiyemi.She has moved to Lagos,i'm fairly certain she'll blow this year.Check it out!

Ibiyemi Ajakaiye was born 20 and some years ago in San Francisco,California to Nigerian parents from Kogi state.She is a singer/songwriter with a special love for soul music and all its fusion possibilities. Her musical influences include Mary j Blige, Lauryn Hill, Tracy Chapman,Marvin Gaye,Sam Cooke and the legendary Stevie Wonder. Ibiyemi’s professional career began in 2003 even though she has been singing all her life. She has done back-up vocals on stage and in the studio for several artistes. She served as lead singer in a high profile band based in Abuja for over a year,performing at major public and private functions. Also, as a solo artiste she has performed at numerous shows and concerts within Abuja. Ibiyemi loves to sing, read and hangout with new acquaintances. She is the 8th child of 11 children (6boys and 5girls) born to Ambassador and Mrs. Ajakaiye of Mopa in Kogi state, Nigeria. She is currently working on completing her debut album ‘love always wins’ while thrilling audiences with the radio singles ‘can you love me’, 'Don’t leave me. Look out! She might be coming to a venue near you!

www.ibiyemi.com
www.myspace.com/ibiyemi

Re: The Next Artiste To Blow ! by unix4real1(m): 12:59am On Feb 05, 2009
9jabeats no dey decieve yourself. Here are the next artistes to blow

Clever Jay- Koni Koni Luv

DeeBee- Collabo.

Bigiano- Shayo.

infact dem don dey blow grin
Re: The Next Artiste To Blow ! by ajayi1(m): 2:03pm On Feb 05, 2009

DeeBee- Collabo.

Bigiano- Shayo.

infact dem don dey blow Grin
Re: The Next Artiste To Blow ! by eccentric(m): 2:07pm On Feb 08, 2009
Nnena go blow.I don see am for my crystal ball.Now that is one chick that will make my year compete 'her album come'.The babe go scatter Naija and the world.This is the true prediction of a die-hard fan.
Re: The Next Artiste To Blow ! by eccentric(m): 2:12pm On Feb 08, 2009
Wande coal is also another tight dude with the right hook-ups.He is a sure fire talent to take this year as well.Waiting for the mega splash.

ajayi1:

DeeBee- Collabo.

Bigiano- Shayo.

infact dem don dey blow Grin
Ajayi and unisex.Sure say you guys no be the same person.
Re: The Next Artiste To Blow ! by eccentric(m): 2:14pm On Feb 08, 2009
unix4real1:

DeeBee- Collabo.

Bigiano- Shayo.

infact dem don dey blow grin
Compare and contrast. grin No contest.
Re: The Next Artiste To Blow ! by ajayi1(m): 10:31am On Feb 10, 2009
Re: The Next Artiste To Blow ! by 9jabeats(m): 11:41am On Feb 18, 2009
5 Mics

if you like moode 9 you will love this dude
Watch out for him

http://nijabeats.com/members/2078/
Re: The Next Artiste To Blow ! by 9jabeats(m): 11:49am On Feb 18, 2009
ibiyemi we would love for you to join us

http://nijabeats.com/signup.php?mode=signup&quota_id=1
Re: The Next Artiste To Blow ! by 9jabeats(m): 12:15pm On Feb 18, 2009
Cick here to listen to the chart topper on www.9jabeats.com

http://nijabeats.com/chart.php

Re: The Next Artiste To Blow ! by 9jabeats(m): 12:36pm On Feb 18, 2009
Shank

http://nijabeats.com/members/2024/

Artist Bio
The Artist Shank was born in 1983 in London and was named Chinedu Naze. The young Shank grew up in Lagos, attending primary school and university in Lagos. His time spent growing up in the sprawling metropolis of Eko influenced Shank into becoming the socially conscious performer that he is. From an early age, Shank knew that his calling was to music. Shank attributes his understanding of music to Fela, one of the greatest African musicians to emerge from Nigeria. Fela spotted Shank’s innate talent at an early stage, taking the young man under his wing. Shank’s artistic streak emulates from his father who toured with the artist himself, Fela, playing on tour as part of his band. Encouraged to pursue a more traditional route, Shank studied Creative Arts at the University of Lagos, further refining his artistic talents. However, the call to perform never went away. Shank was spotted by Starville in London mesmerizing the audience in an MC battle. The management of Starville knew that they had to bring Shank back to Nigeria, offering him a contract there and then on the back of a flyer. Two weeks later, Shank was in the recording studio producing “Julie”.
Shank’s music does not fit into conventional definitions; his music is an eclectic mix of R&B, reggae, dance and hip-hop, reflecting the diverse range of influences gathered through his journey across Europe back to Africa. His first album “The Birth” is due to be released in February. Drawing inspiration from his childhood sweetheart, Shank wrote the single “Julie” - a celebration of the perfect woman. Shank is not merely a natural-born performer; he also wrote all of the music on his first album. Shank’s musical caliber is reinforced by the rubber-stamping of existing artists such as Akon, D’Bang and the Ying Yang twins, all of whom have agreed to collaborate with him on his first album. Whilst staying true to his artistic nature, Shank is also cognisant of the commercial angle of his music, recognising what the market wants and what will have people dancing in the streets. Shank is currently performing live in Lagos and Abuja as part of his promotional tour for his album.

Re: The Next Artiste To Blow ! by tosinaded(m): 2:26am On Feb 19, 2009
i bilieve in this dude die cool
Re: The Next Artiste To Blow ! by 9jabeats(m): 5:33pm On Feb 21, 2009
Hi, guys thanks for the replies since you guys agree with me on 5 Mics, I think you will also love these guys. K.O.M pls follow the link.
http://nijabeats.com/members/1926/

Re: The Next Artiste To Blow ! by lunje: 5:36pm On Feb 21, 2009
hello pliz help me with INI EDO wedsite i live to know more about her
Re: The Next Artiste To Blow ! by frijos(m): 5:14pm On Feb 23, 2009
VECTOR IS NEXT TO BLOW BERRA WATCH OUT FOR HIS FORTHCOMING DEBUT RELEASE IN APRIL YA'LL GO HERE TO DOWNLOAD SINGLES OFF THE ALBUM

http://www.zshare.net/audio/55550293226d4a1e/

http://www.zshare.net/audio/5555083145186f1a/

(1) (Reply)

[DOWNLOAD Official Video ] Simi – “ayo” / Download Joeboy – “alcohol” Mp3 Audio / Bracket "happydays" The Debut Album

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.