Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,985 members, 7,825,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman (18324 Views)

D'banj Was The First Nigerian Artist To Be Featured On The Billboard Charts / Nigerian Artiste You Dislike The Most. & Why? / Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by TheRealMrStan(m): 3:24pm On Nov 27, 2014
Rapper, Ruggedman has emphatically declared himself to be the first Nigerian artiste to make financial returns from rapping.

The ace entertainer in a recent interview with NET, also spoke on his relationship with the media, and how it has helped him remain relevant in the industry since his emergence.

When asked about making money from music, he said: “Well, let me clear the first by saying music is paying me because everything I have made has been from music and a few other things but mainly it’s been music.”

“Ruggedman is the first Nigerian rap artiste to actually make money off rap music and is still making money, and I have an artiste under my label who is also doing well and he’s the next best thing. Yes, music has paid me and is still paying me.”

Ruggedy Baba, as he’s fondly called, while speaking on his media romance, stated: “The first thing is the fact that I believe in myself, my creativity, my press and I believe in God. Basically it will get to a stage where it won’t be about your talent anymore but your PR; it plays a very big part.”

“I see the Press and Media as my friend; I am one of the first Nigerian artistes ever to openly acknowledge the press. I remember about 7 years ago, I wore a shirt to a press conference that had almost all Newspapers names, TV and Radio stations inscribed on it,” he added.

Furthermore, he stated that public relations is important for an entertainer to remain in the news.

http://ynaija.com/im-the-first-nigerian-artiste-to-make-money-from-rapping/

Is Ruggedman truly the first Nigerian artiste to make money off rap music?

2 Likes

Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by ekenzo(m): 3:25pm On Nov 27, 2014
Like seriously ...... Lol FTC things. These is crazy man. Just tried to do what some niggas do to know how it feels...... Well though it feels cool shaaa
Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by Prince202020(m): 3:26pm On Nov 27, 2014
Mhmm, so you wan also be the last man too grin

Na chain chain you use the money buy??

16 Likes

Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by danaiks(m): 3:26pm On Nov 27, 2014
grin grin this guy is a joker
Forget rapping rugedy baba... Politics is the way wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by Arosam(m): 3:26pm On Nov 27, 2014
We hear
Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by tyson99(m): 3:26pm On Nov 27, 2014
Msscheew where u come dey now u beta go sit under the tree make dem small boiz no rubbish u

1 Like

Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by korel9: 3:26pm On Nov 27, 2014
See them angry
Oyetboy:
g
kwhiz:
gen2briz:
tyson99:
Arosam:
We here
Who ask you?
Prince202020:
Mhmm, so you wan also be the last man too grin
Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by gen2briz(m): 3:26pm On Nov 27, 2014
Welldone jare
Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by kwhiz(m): 3:27pm On Nov 27, 2014

1 Like

Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by Oyetboy(m): 3:27pm On Nov 27, 2014
who's rugged man, is he some sort of a Disney character ? cos we don't know him here in Honolulu.

12 Likes

Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by clara472: 3:27pm On Nov 27, 2014
I don't know, let me go and ask Ogun...

Patrick Obahiagbon "Mr grammar" Reacts To Withdrawal Of Tambuwal's Security Detail
Source: http://www.e reporter.com.ng/index.php/more-news/odd-news-reports/item/1709-patrick-obahiagbon-reacts-to-withdrawal-of-tambuwal-s-security-detail
Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by Ebubeslym(m): 3:27pm On Nov 27, 2014
hope you invested

4 Likes

Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by yudee233: 3:27pm On Nov 27, 2014
Check history agian

1 Like

Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by Matttthew(m): 3:27pm On Nov 27, 2014
C black lies....
Na me start rapping... N that's why m in______ to rap.
Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by Janiobi(m): 3:28pm On Nov 27, 2014
So!!!!? Are you to get award for that?

1 Like

Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by Thespecialone(m): 3:28pm On Nov 27, 2014
Wonder what his senior colleagues would have to say.
Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by godsveryown(f): 3:28pm On Nov 27, 2014
Is dat so?
Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by Matttthew(m): 3:28pm On Nov 27, 2014
Me no care ooo.... I just book space for 4 for the first time.
Thank you Eartell.

Na 5 Sha...... Sorry..... Mistake, count am
Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by Zico4real(m): 3:28pm On Nov 27, 2014
Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by nwachinemelu(m): 3:28pm On Nov 27, 2014
Ruggedy baba Opomulero! Funny but true,like my comment if u believe ruggedy baba murdered rap way back. We miss U guy

26 Likes

Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by Fadelex(m): 3:28pm On Nov 27, 2014
story for the gods..... his inability to diversify is what killed his career, rap music is not as popular as it used to be. very few people really listen to rap music, he should try another genre to resuscitate his career.

3 Likes

Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by adonbilivit: 3:28pm On Nov 27, 2014
maybe damn right .i cant still believe rugged man was once the hottest rapper in nigeria...his rap at that time was elementary but we enjoyed it cos the MIs, VECTORs And JESSE JAGZ of this world were not in the picture. i am not hating, #thats a fact

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by Nobody: 3:28pm On Nov 27, 2014
Now this is something to brag about. Where's ur a*s now?
Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by nkpommpko(m): 3:29pm On Nov 27, 2014
For where. E don forget felix liberty them
Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by philips70(m): 3:29pm On Nov 27, 2014
Funny how this thread was propelled to front page by space bookers

1 Like

Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by Matttthew(m): 3:29pm On Nov 27, 2014
I no get anything to talk on this matter.....
But
#teamOlamide
I don't study history in school, here in France.

4 Likes

Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by bennygreat1(m): 3:29pm On Nov 27, 2014
So How ve you Used your Money to help Others

1 Like

Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by Matttthew(m): 3:29pm On Nov 27, 2014
philips70:
Funny how this thread was propelled to front page by space bookers
Na so we see am and na so e go be until Yar'adua resurrect n take back what belong to him.
tdayof:
Mehn space bookers see them
We er the opo mulero of Nairaland, ask Seun.
Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by monemsis(m): 3:30pm On Nov 27, 2014
Made Fp today grin

i must pay tithe dis Sunday grin

1 Like

Re: I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman by Chibuke56: 3:30pm On Nov 27, 2014
tyson99:
danaiks:
Arosam:
We here
kwhiz:
Matttthew:
K
Fadelex:
o
adonbilivit:
Nairaland members have u paid ur monthly dues

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Serena Williams Debuts New Rap Song / Download Gospel Music: Donnie Mcclurkin Ft Agnus Dei - Only You Are Holy (2016) / [MUSIC] Tatiana Manaois - All The Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.