Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,739 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Lawyers Advise, If You Can, Avoid Renting Your House To Lawyers. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lawyers Advise, If You Can, Avoid Renting Your House To Lawyers. (716 Views)

Factors To Consider When Buying / Renting A House - Comfortable Housing / Advice Me: I Want To Build A House In Mowe, With Aim Of Renting Out / From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lawyers Advise, If You Can, Avoid Renting Your House To Lawyers. by suggyspic: 2:55pm On Apr 16, 2015
I went with my younger brother to see his lawyer over an issue with one of his tenants. while they were discussion, to my surprise his lawyer took a sheet of paper, and listed out the following.

1. Lawyers
2. Police officers.
3. Widows.

he said if you want peace avoid giving your house to these group. Do u think the lawyer is giving his client good advise.
Re: Lawyers Advise, If You Can, Avoid Renting Your House To Lawyers. by mufutau55(m): 3:06pm On Apr 16, 2015
It may not be a good advise... but he is giving you a honest advise. Take it or leave it.

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Advise, If You Can, Avoid Renting Your House To Lawyers. by suggyspic: 3:09pm On Apr 16, 2015
mufutau55:
It may not be a good advise... but he is giving you a honest advise. Take it or leave it.

If its a good advise, why must he include widows.
Re: Lawyers Advise, If You Can, Avoid Renting Your House To Lawyers. by mufutau55(m): 3:20pm On Apr 16, 2015
suggyspic:

If its a good advise, why must he include widows.

Same way the Police and Lawyers are included... it's called grouping...

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Advise, If You Can, Avoid Renting Your House To Lawyers. by Orunto: 3:42pm On Apr 16, 2015
suggyspic:
I went with my younger brother to see his lawyer over an issue with one of his tenants. while they were discussion, to my surprise his lawyer took a sheet of paper, and listed out the following.

1. Lawyers
2. Police officers.
3. Widows.

he said if you want peace avoid giving your house to these group. Do u think the lawyer is giving his client good advise.

Re: Lawyers Advise, If You Can, Avoid Renting Your House To Lawyers. by Orunto: 3:45pm On Apr 16, 2015
Very good advice but include 5, Churches and 6, Imams.
Re: Lawyers Advise, If You Can, Avoid Renting Your House To Lawyers. by mufutau55(m): 3:47pm On Apr 16, 2015
Orunto:
Very good advice but include 5, Churches and 6, Imams.

And Babalawos too..

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Advise, If You Can, Avoid Renting Your House To Lawyers. by Orunto: 3:53pm On Apr 16, 2015
O Yes. And U.
Re: Lawyers Advise, If You Can, Avoid Renting Your House To Lawyers. by gabbytabby: 5:57pm On Apr 16, 2015
Personally if I am permanently in 9ja, l would exclude working lawyers from that list as my way means they might suffer from loss of reputation if they choose not to pay their rent. Only that a statement of fact can neverbe libel or slander so get your facts right.

The average 9ja thinks he or she knows tenancy laws and the wrong advice they get even from police does not help many think it's a charity and they are entitled to free rent.

You act irresponsible with me and not pay your rent and you get yourself on Nairaland.

l have rented to 2 Police Officers and not had a problem. The rent was silly as we wanted it occupied and the first tenant went on to buy the land opposite.

Always carry out checks as to suitability and listen toyour gut feeling.

(1) (Reply)

5 Units Of 5 Bedroom Terraces For Sale Pinnock Beach Road, Lekki 50m / Flats For Rent In Chennai - Apartment For Rent In Nerkundaram / 12 Nos 3 Bedroom Flat In 2 Block With C Of O Near Agric Ikorodu 4 Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.