Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

How To Create Dynamic Websites - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Create Dynamic Websites (1233 Views)

Building Dynamic Websites (Harvard College) / Tutorial-building Dynamic Websites / Building Dynamic Websites With MySQL And PHP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Create Dynamic Websites by FiberOptic: 2:42am On Jan 30, 2009
first of all thanks for this nice place .

i can create web site by using HTML and little CSS and i already have nice web blog using word press , it is online for more than 2 years ago.

i want create a dynamic web sites , the reason is i am using AdSense in my sites and blogs and the paid from google is good and i like to earn more money from Google by create useful web site , i have many Ideas for sites but to do it by Using only HTML and CSS is so difficult for example i wanna create site for Song Lyrics (Arabic Song Lyrics) i have the data many song Lyrics i have and it is to rare on the web but i can't go on by only HTML and CSS so i want to start learn
VB.NET or VB or PHP or C++ or C# or , Or . or , i don't know what i must to learn to do what i want
some said u must learn PHP with mysql and u will do what do you want
other say u must learn visual studio and SQL server with C++
other says u can create this site ( the lyrics site ) by using java Script

i don't know from where i must start to design and built site like the Arabic Lyrics Site with more than 1500 Pages with the ability for example to edit banner of AD in those pages in one move not to edit the 1500 pages

plus i can use dream weaver ( to create and edit HTML only ) and photo shop and some Flash

thanks in advance
Ismail Mohamed
Re: How To Create Dynamic Websites by OmniPotens(m): 12:24pm On Jan 30, 2009
IMHO, you must learn PHP, MySQL, JavaScript and try add in Ajax. I believe you can achieve what you want using these tools.
Re: How To Create Dynamic Websites by FiberOptic: 12:38pm On Jan 30, 2009
thanks omni for your reply and your help

you know that i am using php and mysql for more than 2 years ago but not manual using but throw WordPress
i'am Wordpress User sad only

really i don't know from where i can start learn php and mysql

also if i think to take course in this field here in Egypt there is no center or whatever good in this stuff and if i find one it will be more expensive and i want learn all of this to earn money to life without thinking to go away from Egypt cheesy

thanks again for helping me .
Re: How To Create Dynamic Websites by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jan 30, 2009
Be glad to be of help when necessary
Re: How To Create Dynamic Websites by FiberOptic: 9:05pm On Jan 30, 2009
what about creating site for newspaper can i do that also by using php and mysql and ajax Only ?
Re: How To Create Dynamic Websites by yawatide(f): 10:17pm On Jan 30, 2009
yes u can! grin

But especially if you are getting paid to do it, you are better off developing a newspaper site using a CMS (Joomla comes to mind).

This makes it easier on you (you don't technically have to write a line of code) and easier on the client (all they have to do is upload news articles to the correct category/section). In the end, it's a win-win situation wink

Now, having said that, if you are on a quest to prove to the world that you can code in PHP7, go for it but for ppl like me who would rather code smart than hard, when I hear newspaper, I see CMS cool
Re: How To Create Dynamic Websites by Nobody: 8:42am On Jan 31, 2009
If you are looking for an ajax-getaway-just knock on my door. But yawa has given you a better solution - ajax is trouble if you are not used to it (it may be a lose-lose situation)
Re: How To Create Dynamic Websites by Livingstone(m): 8:46am On Jan 31, 2009
dhtml:

If you are looking for an ajax-getaway-just knock on my door. But yawa has given you a better solution - ajax is trouble if you are not used to it (it may be a lose-lose situation)
Re: How To Create Dynamic Websites by Livingstone(m): 9:01am On Jan 31, 2009
[url][/url]
Re: How To Create Dynamic Websites by ztyle(m): 4:20pm On Jan 31, 2009
#Poster
Are u teachinq us or u are givinq us a "Vote of Thanks" undecided
Re: How To Create Dynamic Websites by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jan 31, 2009
Wondering what the poster was tryin to say quoting me?
Re: How To Create Dynamic Websites by yawatide(f): 1:00am On Feb 01, 2009
ajax isn't the answer to all things. In particular, it works best with snippets of data, as opposed to chunks. If you want to update a portion of your page, that's what it's for. If you want to use it to update an entire page, though doable, is an effort in tasking your server. Besides, if users have javascript turned off and you don't use graceful degradation, your site is rendered useless.
Re: How To Create Dynamic Websites by FiberOptic: 1:42am On Feb 01, 2009
yawa and everyone here i feel that i learn when i talk with you i learn good things
lets say that my english language not that good also i am using right now linux and did'nt install yet google check speling so you may found some errors in my reply cheesy

i want to say that i am very normal webmaster yes i have website for than 2 years old but still at the first steps , i am looking for tools which drive me to built sites i can mange it simply if we talk more about that lyrics site which i hope to make it soon ,

first i don't know which languge or tool i will use to create it , is it php or js with html , i don't know
the second thing the site folders in the root of the site how i can create it

root
index .html
a
singers name
a
Amr Diab ( an arabic singer )
his albums titles
######

b

is that will diffrent in both php and js , or we will use mysql in the php ?
what is the best way to create this site for example

thank yawa i will exploer CMS and see
i don't know anything about ajax cheesy all i know that it is a new langauge born with helping of PHP

i know i talk a lot but i don't know what to do , i read many articels and try to learn form you and this nice forums something new
thanks for you all

Ismail Mohamed
Alexandria
Re: How To Create Dynamic Websites by FiberOptic: 4:26am On Feb 01, 2009
sorry for reply twice firends ,
but i read many things in this few mins and something come to my mind can't find anything on google about it and i miss the bed much right now and i wanna found a solution in short time.

i can easy create new mysql database on the server (hosting one which uses in hosting companies ) thrwo CPanel and create new data base & username and password for it , i read that you can manage this databse by add and remove tables from and the writer write about clint software for do that from the pc.

what i can do really by the client software only add and remove table and can't create the database it self or i do verything by the client from my pc and what it is the best client for manage and access the database ?.
Re: How To Create Dynamic Websites by Nobody: 9:09pm On Feb 01, 2009
Ajax is just a smart way of solving some problems and is supported by all desktop browsers
IE,FF,IE,Chrome,safari, also promoted by Google, facebook, yahoo, dynamicdrive, msn,

And as programmer, it is your duty to be vast in knowlege and also to use the best tool for a task.

My site runs 100% on ajax - my choice, i love it, my clients love it, opari!

And as for turning off javascript, i guess that is what the <noscript> tag is used for
(and i am very sure many people have never used this tag before).
So if you like you can use the noscript tag, so your site degrades properly,

Though, i am still wondering why you will want to turn off your javascript, and
maybe that will be a good reason for not using ajax, with facebook and all,

(1) (Reply)

Need You To Build Nigeria's Number One Adult Dating/intimacy Search Website / How Important Is Alexa Ranking To Website Owners And Advertisers? / Reseller Web Hosting.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.