Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,841 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:49 PM

Names Of The Angels Of Heaven According To The Bible And Who Named Them - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Names Of The Angels Of Heaven According To The Bible And Who Named Them (3869 Views)

Anambra Church Introduces 1trillion Naira Note Issued By Central Bank Of Heaven / Revelation Of Heaven And Hell By Andrew Remilekun / The Angels Of God Are Going To Supervise This Election. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Names Of The Angels Of Heaven According To The Bible And Who Named Them by ojimbo(m): 1:12am On Apr 17, 2015
1) Angel Gabriel: Gabriel is the most well-known named angel to appear in Scripture. Each time He is mentioned, we see him act as a messenger to impart wisdom or a special announcement from God. In the book of Daniel, Gabriel appeared to the prophet Daniel in order to explain some visions God gave Daniel about the end times (Daniel 8:15–27; 9:20–27).

2) Angel Michael:who functions very differently from the angel Gabriel. Michael is an archangel, which means “chief angel”; this title indicates that Michael holds a high rank in heaven. Although it is not certain that Michael is the only archangel, the possibility exists, according to Jude 9, where Michael is referred to in definite terms as “the archangel Michael.” If other archangels exist, it is likely that Michael leads them.

3) Angel Lucifer(fallen angel): Lucifer rebelled against God and was thrown down from heaven along with the angels who followed him. Before his rebellion, Lucifer was a beautiful and powerful being; but he coveted equality with the Most High God and therefore became unholy and cursed (Isaiah 14:12–18; Luke 10:18). He is now known as Satan and is God’s chief enemy who seeks to deceive and destroy all of mankind (John 10:10).
4) Angel Apollyon(fallen angel): Apollyon/Abaddon is another fallen angel, mentioned in Revelation 9:11, who leads an end-times demonic army.

my questions are:
1) does it mean that heaven is another planet where normal human daily activities goes on where peoples are know by their names?
2) the much i know, 'Michael' and 'Gabriel' is a Hebrew name given to males, does it mean that the Hebrews and planet heaven shares the same culture and languages
3) i know there are a lot of other angels in heaven whom the bible did not mention and i also know that non of them bears an african names like Angel okeke, Angel Obasanjo, Angel Buhari, even Angel Atiku, then why?
4) i know according to the bible, till now no one have been to heaven because all will rise and be judge on the last day, then who are the 24 elders that bow down to worship God all the time, are they among the angels too?
Christians in the house should help us out

1 Like

Re: Names Of The Angels Of Heaven According To The Bible And Who Named Them by UncleSnr(m): 1:27am On Apr 17, 2015
Following
Re: Names Of The Angels Of Heaven According To The Bible And Who Named Them by Habayomie(m): 2:50am On Apr 17, 2015
Re: Names Of The Angels Of Heaven According To The Bible And Who Named Them by menesheh(m): 8:51am On Apr 17, 2015
On point

Christ fanatic should help us answer these
Re: Names Of The Angels Of Heaven According To The Bible And Who Named Them by fxjohn2: 9:24am On Apr 17, 2015
Yea that's correct, Jesus said in my Father's house there are many mansions. From this saying it is obvious that as it is heaven so it is on earth. So in heaven people live in mansions, they walk on streets and have individual names.
Re: Names Of The Angels Of Heaven According To The Bible And Who Named Them by ojimbo(m): 9:51pm On Apr 17, 2015
i wonder why i have not gotten a good answer to the above questions
Re: Names Of The Angels Of Heaven According To The Bible And Who Named Them by ireneony(f): 10:08pm On Apr 17, 2015
smiley
the naame of my angel is angel n.k

(1) (Reply)

See What The Us Govt Is Saying About Jesus Christ, The Bible, And Christians!! / Let Not Your Heart Be Troubled - Joseph Prince / Your Uniqueness As A Woman! By : Pst. Faith Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.