Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,189 members, 7,811,481 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:48 PM

Nigeria Is Not Broke! – Okonjo-iweala Fumes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is Not Broke! – Okonjo-iweala Fumes (1038 Views)

Babangida Fumes At Anti-military Political Broadcast / Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Okonjo-Iweala's Response To Charles Soludo's Article / Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Is Not Broke! – Okonjo-iweala Fumes by maxddude(m): 7:10am On Apr 17, 2015
The Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, has said the country is not broke despite the cash crunch currently being experienced.

She said that with the financial assets the President Goodluck Jonathan administration had been able to build over the years, the nation’s cash flow would improve over time.
In an interview with CNN’s Richard Quest, Okonjo-Iweala said, “Under this administration, we began the work of truly diversifying the economy and the proof of that is that much of the growth in this past few years that has come to the country has come not from the oil sector but actually from non-oil sectors like agriculture, telecommunications, manufacturing and the creative industries.

“The fact that oil prices fell by 50 per cent makes it very difficult in terms of cash flow, but Nigeria is asset rich and that is why when people say the country is broke, I say no. In economic terms, with the kind of assets we have, we should be able to realise some of them to improve our cash flow but it is true that this will be a very difficult year because of the cash crunch.

“However, we need to see this drop in oil prices as an opportunity. I gave a talk on Nigeria beyond oil. I really think with the growth of the country based on non-oil sectors, we ought to see the fall in oil prices as an opportunity to further the diversification that has started under this administration.”

- Punch
Re: Nigeria Is Not Broke! – Okonjo-iweala Fumes by MEILYN(m): 7:17am On Apr 17, 2015
This woman and lies are synonymous. It is just as if I have so many property without having a dime in my pocket and in the bank. Am I broke in that situation or not?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Not Broke! – Okonjo-iweala Fumes by bakjal(m): 7:17am On Apr 17, 2015
Madam "talk anyhow u like" u do well for urself
Re: Nigeria Is Not Broke! – Okonjo-iweala Fumes by Nobody: 7:20am On Apr 17, 2015
i dont read post without source op, abi na for bedroom she tell you this one ( r u her husband).
Re: Nigeria Is Not Broke! – Okonjo-iweala Fumes by MEILYN(m): 7:21am On Apr 17, 2015
fhranciz:
i dont read post without source op, abi na for bedroom she tell you this one ( r u her husband).
Is CNN not the source? Na WA for you oo

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Not Broke! – Okonjo-iweala Fumes by maxddude(m): 7:27am On Apr 17, 2015
fhranciz:

It's CNN na. Or u didn't even read before commenting
Re: Nigeria Is Not Broke! – Okonjo-iweala Fumes by Nobody: 7:27am On Apr 17, 2015
MEILYN:
Is CNN not the source? Na WA for you oo

he would have stated it beneath like others, before i read any post in politics section, i always look for the source to avoid fallacy and time wastage
Re: Nigeria Is Not Broke! – Okonjo-iweala Fumes by Oklander: 7:29am On Apr 17, 2015
MEILYN:
This woman and lies are synonymous. It is just as if I have so many property without having a dime in my pocket and in the bank. Am I broke in that situation or not?
You are very broke my nigga grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Not Broke! – Okonjo-iweala Fumes by Aphrygian(m): 7:29am On Apr 17, 2015
abeg madam paper economics we have heard and are now over saturated with ur lies,can u pls try to shutup till ur drunk oga leaves office ?.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Not Broke! – Okonjo-iweala Fumes by phlemzy: 7:30am On Apr 17, 2015
The true status of Nigeria account will be known after May 29.
Re: Nigeria Is Not Broke! – Okonjo-iweala Fumes by babs01(m): 7:31am On Apr 17, 2015
where is d source
Re: Nigeria Is Not Broke! – Okonjo-iweala Fumes by koboko69: 7:35am On Apr 17, 2015
phlemzy:
The true status of Nigeria account will be known after May 29.

Gbam!

We aew not broke but we keep on borrowing and borrowing! Women have prooven to be more dangerous than men in this out going dispensation.

Check out Odua,Deziani, okonjo, Ogar. This are female vipers!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Not Broke! – Okonjo-iweala Fumes by omenka(m): 7:39am On Apr 17, 2015
Madam, hopefully, by the time you are sent to jail, two months after, those fat cheeks, neck, and lips of your would shrink to a level even your children wouldn't recognise you.

Your economic policies put Nigeria in the very bad situation she finds herself today, but unfortunately, you and your household can't feel its impact because you've already secured your end with stolen funds. Your useless voodoo economics have resulted in the deaths of countless number of kids and pensioners and you would pay dearly for that someday soon.

How come all of a sudden, we are not getting anything from your propaganda publications NOI Polls anymore?? I bet they are no longer useful since your principal lost his election.

Yeye woman.
Re: Nigeria Is Not Broke! – Okonjo-iweala Fumes by MEILYN(m): 7:43am On Apr 17, 2015
Oklander:
You are very broke my nigga grin
Our finance minister just told you I am not.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Not Broke! – Okonjo-iweala Fumes by Elslim: 7:46am On Apr 17, 2015
Kirikiri is not yet full too...
Re: Nigeria Is Not Broke! – Okonjo-iweala Fumes by RealSleek(m): 7:47am On Apr 17, 2015
MEILYN:

You are only broke but not poor, forgive the madam she meant to say Nigeria is not poor
Re: Nigeria Is Not Broke! – Okonjo-iweala Fumes by Scholes007(m): 7:49am On Apr 17, 2015
Can someone tell me why/how he thinks Nigeria is broke...or are we condemning her just because of hatred (possibly because where she is from)
Re: Nigeria Is Not Broke! – Okonjo-iweala Fumes by jemype(m): 8:09am On Apr 17, 2015
We are not broke and and she wanted to borrow 2 billion dollars 6 days before election. ###Buhari come and see them me I don't understand this 2 mouth
Re: Nigeria Is Not Broke! – Okonjo-iweala Fumes by francisdfreak: 8:33am On Apr 17, 2015
Scholes007:
Can someone tell me why/how he thinks Nigeria is broke...or a we condemning her for just because hatred (possibly because where she is from)

don't mind those hate-filled bastards.
Re: Nigeria Is Not Broke! – Okonjo-iweala Fumes by Scholes007(m): 9:25am On Apr 17, 2015
jemype:
We are not broke and and she wanted to borrow 2 billion dollars 6 days before election. ###Buhari come and see them me I don't understand this 2 mouth
is USA broke? how much do they borrow?
Re: Nigeria Is Not Broke! – Okonjo-iweala Fumes by Scholes007(m): 9:25am On Apr 17, 2015
jemype:
is USA broke? how much do they borrow last year?
Re: Nigeria Is Not Broke! – Okonjo-iweala Fumes by kosovo(m): 9:40am On Apr 17, 2015
O
omenka:
Madam, hopefully, by the time you are sent to jail, two months after, those fat cheeks, neck, and lips of your would shrink to a level even your children wouldn't recognise you.

Your economic policies put Nigeria in the very bad situation she finds herself today, but unfortunately, you and your household can't feel its impact because you've already secured your end with stolen funds. Your useless voodoo economics have resulted in the deaths of countless number of kids and pensioners and you would pay dearly for that someday soon.

How come all of a sudden, we are not getting anything from your propaganda publications NOI Polls anymore?? I bet they are no longer useful since your principal lost his election.

Yeye woman.

You mean the economic policies that made Nigeria 's economy the biggest in Africa and being projected to be the first African economy to hit a GDP of $1 trillion?

You should hide your face in shame. People like you who criticise without the simplest idea of the issue on ground are the reasons why Good people don't trade their Integrity for the Nigeria nation.

When you have learned how to manage your home, and your pocket then you can back and tell me how we can manage your life.

Good riddance!

(1) (Reply)

Governor Ahmed Abdulfatai Buying Govt Land / Man Likes His Own Wanted Poster On Facebook, Gets Arrested / Most Dangerous Drugs Circulated In The Country Are Produced In Anambra –NDLEA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.