Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,355 members, 7,839,636 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

President-elect Gen. Muhammadu Buahri's Opinion On Fuel Subsidy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President-elect Gen. Muhammadu Buahri's Opinion On Fuel Subsidy (1177 Views)

Nigerians Blast Fayose For Saying "Send Buahri Back To Daura Or Expect More Blun / What Buahri Told Voice Of America(VOA) But, Never Said On CNN / President Elect Gen. Buhari On TVC Live!! Lets Discuss The Info From Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President-elect Gen. Muhammadu Buahri's Opinion On Fuel Subsidy by kemitwarrior: 8:53am On Apr 17, 2015
This interview was before the presidential election.
Listen carefully to the end, He said- ''I need a petroleum economist who would explain to me the cost of subsidy''. He later concluded that the fuel subsidy is fraud and avenue for Corruption.

I think the first thing Mr President-elect should after swearing-in is Immediate and effective reduction of fuel pump price by at least 40-50%. Late Umar Yar'dua did from N70 to N65.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmG_dYY7YRA
Re: President-elect Gen. Muhammadu Buahri's Opinion On Fuel Subsidy by xreal: 8:56am On Apr 17, 2015
My brother, CHANGE is here.
We will buy at 40/litre soon.

Sai Baba!
Sai Buhari!!
Re: President-elect Gen. Muhammadu Buahri's Opinion On Fuel Subsidy by dmcdad: 9:15am On Apr 17, 2015
The thing is, there are many fraudulent channels / third-parties through which we are being served. I could remember the analysis sent to me by StrelingCall as regards the 10naira reduction of pump price. They explained that, one of the reasons pump price wouldn't drop so easily and considerably as would be desired by Nigerians, is the fact that, there are lots of middle men involved. They explained that, even the 10 naira reduction was achieved as a result of the Federal Government taking out some of those middle-men per se. That, further drop in pump price would require most of those middle-links to be cut off. This got me ruminating... Why maintain those middle-links albeit at the detriment of the people? That is where you will smeel a rat, because if it were not for someone's selfish interest, then it would have been easy cutting off such links. It's sad.

And as per the subsidy ish... We all knew it was fraud from the get go.

I just hope and pray that the General would do the needful ASAP.
Re: President-elect Gen. Muhammadu Buahri's Opinion On Fuel Subsidy by ULSHERLAN(m): 9:20am On Apr 17, 2015
dmcdad:
The thing is, there are many fraudulent channels / third-parties through which we are being served. I could remember the analysis sent to me by StrelingCall as regards the 10naira reduction of pump price. They explained that, one of the reasons pump price wouldn't drop so easily and considerably as would be desired by Nigerians, is the fact that, there are lots of middle men involved. They explained that, even the 10 naira reduction was achieved as a result of the Federal Government taking out some of those middle-men per se. That, further drop in pump price would require most of those middle-links to be cut off. This got me ruminating... Why maintain those middle-links albeit at the detriment of the people? That is where you will smeel a rat, because if it were not for someone's selfish interest, then it would have been easy cutting off such links. It's sad.

And as per the subsidy ish... We all knew it was fraud from the get go.

I just hope and pray that the General would do the needful ASAP.

From past records of GMB am very sure he will do away will most of the middlemen if not all (that is if the analysis is correct).

GEJ was just too calm on some national issues. He was the president for God sake grin(did i just use was) well read my post after may 29

1 Like

Re: President-elect Gen. Muhammadu Buahri's Opinion On Fuel Subsidy by dmcdad: 9:56am On Apr 17, 2015
ULSHERLAN:

From past records of GMB am very sure he will do away will most of the middlemen if not all (that is if the analysis is correct).

GEJ was just too calm on some national issues. He was the president for God sake grin(did i just use was) well read my post after may 29
shocked shocked shocked cheesycheesygrin
Re: President-elect Gen. Muhammadu Buahri's Opinion On Fuel Subsidy by go4value(m): 10:01am On Apr 17, 2015
sai baba.....

GLO IS THE BEST NETWORK... I glo with pride
Re: President-elect Gen. Muhammadu Buahri's Opinion On Fuel Subsidy by ULSHERLAN(m): 10:58am On Apr 17, 2015
dmcdad:

shocked shocked shocked cheesycheesygrin

grin i wrote it from the future
Re: President-elect Gen. Muhammadu Buahri's Opinion On Fuel Subsidy by dmcdad: 11:13am On Apr 17, 2015
ULSHERLAN:

grin i wrote it from the future
cheesy
Re: President-elect Gen. Muhammadu Buahri's Opinion On Fuel Subsidy by drauj(m): 11:16am On Apr 17, 2015
I just imagine filling my car tank with 2000 Naira. No be small thing o!!!
#crosscountrytinz.
Re: President-elect Gen. Muhammadu Buahri's Opinion On Fuel Subsidy by sammyj: 11:44am On Apr 17, 2015
NNPC is in deep soup, the Minister and all her corrupt DG should just go and find were to hide the moment the peoples general assumes office .
I pity a lot of the marketers involve in this scam called subsidy, Kiri kiri will not be able to accommodate them. However, my advise for madam minister et al is for them to invest in prison infrastructure development to enable them enjoy the fruit of their labor in the prisons after the are all jailed. grin grin

(1) (Reply)

After May29: :P Picture Of GEJ And Sambo / Buhari Says Falling Oil Prices Is A Threat To His Agenda / Preparations Hit Top Gear At Eagles Square Ahead Of Buhari's Inauguration.photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.