Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

When Will Rivers & Bayelsa Hand Over Abandoned Properties To Ibos ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Will Rivers & Bayelsa Hand Over Abandoned Properties To Ibos ? (1290 Views)

Lagos PDP Commends Ambode Over Abandoned Projects / Ex-Militants On Rampage In Rivers/Bayelsa (happening Now) / Fuel Scarcity Looms In Rivers, Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Will Rivers & Bayelsa Hand Over Abandoned Properties To Ibos ? by LAGrejectIBO: 9:45am On Apr 17, 2015
Rivers and Bayelsa people are championing a reunion with their SE neighbors, who they call brothers. Some of them have turned to new tricks, like evangelizing their new awakening on the political landscape and casting regrets on their rebellion against Ibo domination. They seek now to form a reunion and cooperation of the two groups.

I dont like to spit unecessarily, I prefer to conserve and reserve my barbed spits for deserving occassions when an erring soul needs to be agonized. To that effect I will not be lengthy on this seemingly altruistic opinion. Besides, the topic speaks to its own message.

Those who have robbed the Ibos but now seek their partnership and alliance must first return the loot criminally in their posession.

4 Likes

Re: When Will Rivers & Bayelsa Hand Over Abandoned Properties To Ibos ? by vislabraye(m): 9:48am On Apr 17, 2015
LAGrejectIBO:
Rivers and Bayelsa people are championing a reunion with their SE neighbors, who they call brothers. Some of them have turned to new tricks, like evangelizing their new awakening on the political landscape and casting regrets on their rebellion against Ibo domination. They seek now to form a reunion and cooperation of the two groups.

I dont like to spit unecessarily, I prefer to conserve and reserve my barbed spits for deserving occassions when an erring soul needs to be agonized. To that effect I will not be lengthy on this seemingly altruistic opinion. Besides, the topic speaks to its own message.

Those who have robbed the Ibos but now seek their partnership and alliance must first return the loot criminally in their posession.

Don't know about Bayelsa, though. But i can assure you that we will look into it.
Re: When Will Rivers & Bayelsa Hand Over Abandoned Properties To Ibos ? by LAGrejectIBO: 9:57am On Apr 17, 2015
vislabraye:

Don't know about Bayelsa, though. But i can assure you that we will look into it.

It's an indisputable fact, it carries no ambiguity. The parties to the fraudulent conversion are still alive, make haste! Start the advocacy for rights of return beginning now!
Re: When Will Rivers & Bayelsa Hand Over Abandoned Properties To Ibos ? by Welrez(m): 10:15am On Apr 17, 2015
LAGrejectIBO:

When and how did Bayelsa come into this your vicious equation? Ignorance is so confident. I doubt if you have an in-depth understanding of what you are dealing with.
Re: When Will Rivers & Bayelsa Hand Over Abandoned Properties To Ibos ? by Nobody: 10:47am On Apr 17, 2015
The South East which had no Presidential candidate in the elections has teamed up with the South South to cry over the electoral loss of President Jonathan. The two zones are now accusing the SW and North of gang up against their regions and trying to form an alliance on social media. What a pity. How would the Ijaw agree with Itsekiri in the alliance? How would the Ndokwa agree with Igbo? Ikwere against Igbo. Who leads who? What's the purpose of the new found love when Rivers State is holding unto the proceeds of cheating in the name of abandoned property. The election is over. My Igbo brothers and my Niger Delta inlaws should wake up and find accommodation in the new government instead of alienating themselves and being sour loses.
Re: When Will Rivers & Bayelsa Hand Over Abandoned Properties To Ibos ? by Nobody: 11:10am On Apr 17, 2015
LAGrejectIBO:

don't think about igbos .

think about your self , on what you are going to do to get a job and quit agboro and taxi driver job .

1 Like

Re: When Will Rivers & Bayelsa Hand Over Abandoned Properties To Ibos ? by cooljude(m): 11:11am On Apr 17, 2015
I don't understand this tactics of putting up threads that would bring up old sentiments that would destroy the latest cooperation between this groups. This was the same tactics used during the biafra war when these groups realized they share a common interest. I don't know your real intention for opening this thread, but i won't fall for your gimmicks.

1 Like

Re: When Will Rivers & Bayelsa Hand Over Abandoned Properties To Ibos ? by Nobody: 11:18am On Apr 17, 2015
The Op is a xenophobic bigot, actually an anti Eastern bigot that detests anything good in the East. It's funny Cuz the guy wants non indigenes of Lagos to leave but doesn't want an East where anyone would want to go to.

I see this thread as a confirmation that you @OP are afraid a unified East will very rapidly surpass the rest of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: When Will Rivers & Bayelsa Hand Over Abandoned Properties To Ibos ? by dinachi(m): 11:20am On Apr 17, 2015
Thanks OP for this thread! Many of our Igbo brothers and sisters ignorant about the deep resentment and hatred Ijaws have for Igbos keep shouting about Jonathan this,Jonathan that. Why did Jonathan not push for compensation for the siezed Igbo properties? Any Igbo man calling Jonathan his brother is seriously mentally ill!

4 Likes

Re: When Will Rivers & Bayelsa Hand Over Abandoned Properties To Ibos ? by sammyj: 11:24am On Apr 17, 2015
It would not happen, I hope the SE did not support GEJ thinking they will get back their properties back from the SS zone !!!
Re: When Will Rivers & Bayelsa Hand Over Abandoned Properties To Ibos ? by sCun: 11:28am On Apr 17, 2015
Yorubas and their divisive tactics.
It can't work again o.
Re: When Will Rivers & Bayelsa Hand Over Abandoned Properties To Ibos ? by dinachi(m): 11:36am On Apr 17, 2015
sammyj:
It would not happen, I hope the SE did not support GEJ thinking they will get back their properties back from the SS zone !!!
My Igbo brothers una don hear am ba? This is an eye opener. All other regions returned Igbo properties after the war except the Ijaws of the south south. Till date many of them are living in houses seized from their Igbo neighbors. They call you their brother because they needed us to support Jonathan. Now that Jonathan has been defeated, watch and see their true colors.
Re: When Will Rivers & Bayelsa Hand Over Abandoned Properties To Ibos ? by Nobody: 11:37am On Apr 17, 2015
dinachi:
Thanks OP for this thread! Many of our Igbo brothers and sisters ignorant about the deep resentment and hatred Ijaws have for Igbos keep shouting about Jonathan this,Jonathan that. Why did Jonathan not push for compensation for the siezed Igbo properties? Any Igbo man calling Jonathan his brother is seriously mentally ill!

this thing happened almost 50 years ago, and about 60 percent of the Igbo population wasn't even born then. If people like you had their way Igbo youths who have never even seen these so called properties would carry another generation's issues on their head like jobless people. In short people like you may even take us 113 years back in time to the Aro wars so that we can carry another Igbo generation's problem on our heads . undecided

Igbo have moved on, stop pulling us back.
Re: When Will Rivers & Bayelsa Hand Over Abandoned Properties To Ibos ? by mindtricks: 11:38am On Apr 17, 2015
Op, you better let sleeping dogs lie IF YOU ARE WISE. The Igbos I know have been able to emerge/override the post war financial set back brought about by the then finance minister. Obviously questions like this may end up doing more harm than good.

1 Like

Re: When Will Rivers & Bayelsa Hand Over Abandoned Properties To Ibos ? by dinachi(m): 11:42am On Apr 17, 2015
musing2:

this thing happened almost 50 years ago, and about 60 percent of the Igbo population wasn't even born then. If people like you had their way Igbo youths who have never even seen these so called properties would carry another generation's issues on their head like jobless people. In short people like you may even take us 113 years back in time to the Aro wars so that we can carry another Igbo generation's problem on our heads .
A crime is a crime! Those houses and lands are still there..so let the Ijaws release the houses and we Igbos can now believe that they are genuine.
Re: When Will Rivers & Bayelsa Hand Over Abandoned Properties To Ibos ? by Nobody: 11:51am On Apr 17, 2015
dinachi:

A crime is a crime! Those houses and lands are still there..so let the Ijaws release the houses and we Igbos can now believe that they are genuine.

Which Ijaws? The one's resting peacefully in their graves? Or their children who have built their own houses?
Re: When Will Rivers & Bayelsa Hand Over Abandoned Properties To Ibos ? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Apr 17, 2015
The day the Vultures ever dream of having an Oba in Ilorin.

LAGrejectIBO:

Re: When Will Rivers & Bayelsa Hand Over Abandoned Properties To Ibos ? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Apr 17, 2015
TRIBALSTOOGE:

don't think about igbos .

think about your self , on what you are going to do to get a job and quit agboro and taxi driver job .
you are just pathetic,I don't even what you Have achieved in life,have never seen the thread that you didn't insult.Walk on yourself
Re: When Will Rivers & Bayelsa Hand Over Abandoned Properties To Ibos ? by ki02020(m): 12:12pm On Apr 17, 2015
Pleas enough of this tribal seperation of a thing,today it is SW nd North next is SS nd SE are we not all nigerians...why are we making mockry of what we have
Re: When Will Rivers & Bayelsa Hand Over Abandoned Properties To Ibos ? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Apr 17, 2015
Ipledge:
you are just pathetic,I don't even what you Have achieved in life,have never seen the thread that you didn't insult.Walk on yourself

catapult your failure to your community .

i'm living in a penthouse
Re: When Will Rivers & Bayelsa Hand Over Abandoned Properties To Ibos ? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Apr 17, 2015
LAGrejectIBO:

you are one of the few that bring insult to the yorubas.What two groups between themselves shouldn't concern you..if Yoruba like,we may form coalition with Kwara and Kogi state.know your priorities and stop poking your nose on other people business
Re: When Will Rivers & Bayelsa Hand Over Abandoned Properties To Ibos ? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Apr 17, 2015
TRIBALSTOOGE:

catapult your failure to your community .

i'm living in a penthouse
cheesy cheesy I doubt if you are able to achieve what I achieve myself when you at my age
Re: When Will Rivers & Bayelsa Hand Over Abandoned Properties To Ibos ? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Apr 17, 2015
Ipledge:
cheesy cheesy I doubt if you are able to achieve what I achieve myself when you at my age
aa

hiaa kwa ooh .

okay

carlos slim
Re: When Will Rivers & Bayelsa Hand Over Abandoned Properties To Ibos ? by LAGrejectIBO: 12:10pm On Apr 18, 2015
The only people in Nigeria left to profess love and brotherhood with Ibo are the Ijaws. No other region or people want any kinship with Ibo. Both are joined in a partnership of mutual deceit.

Unlike the Ijaws, Ibo sons and daughters don't stay home, they are deeply invested in hostile territories where their daily struggle is spent defending other people's land that they faithfully believe will one day magically become theirs. They are not prepared to leave those lands voluntarily and had rather be thrown in the lagoon to drown, or slaughtered like a goat than pack up and return home. Therefore Nigeria is sweeter to Ibo than SE. Ibo does not desire to be independent....their action conflicts with their talk. A people wanting independence for their land will empower the land demographically, economically, politically and culturally. We are not seeing this in Iboland but we hear the noise when they shout they want independence. If they get independence they will want to repeat in their land wha they succeeded doing in foreign land....but their land does not support that scale of success. They did not know this in the 60s, it is etched in their conscience now.

Ijaw on the other spend their daily struggle in defense of their abundantly wealthy land and do not want any form of mixed ownership preferring to have sole ownership and independence over the land. They have therefore made their land a hostile territory for non-Ijaws and they act militantly and politically to drive this message home. In action, Ijaw does not want an uncontrollable influx of Ibo on its land, they fear a domination.

Ijaw is not going to succeed in its demand for larger control of oil or portion of the proceeds from it. This is because if that were to happen then Ibo will no longer be a majority in the Eastern sector. As it is currently Ijaw has displaced Ibo's political majority....it will only get worse. Likewise, Ijaw does not want Ibo to return home, they are happy Ibo is distributed in foreign lands in West and North because if they were not then the South, particularly Ijaw land will be their refuge and all the nuisance and filth of Ibo will be dumped in Ijawland. Ibo will become a burden on Ijaw.

So we have two conflicting agendas professing to be united in kinship. The only thread that united them is a temporary one....the reelection of Jonathan and PDP!
Outside of that what other cooperation exist between Ijaw and Ibo? In fact, Jonathan's government was top heavy with Ibos and is why his whole six years in rulership turned out the way it is....bad!

Moreover, what exactly is a SS/SE cooperation going to accomplish? What political gain is Ijaw hoping to extract out of alliance with a people that are politically underdeveloped? If its a economic relationship, what economy exist on the Ibo land that will attract investors?

Look before you leap...

(1) (Reply)

Six Unilorin Students Trek To Honour Jonathan (PHOTOS!) / How Jagaban Could Have Salvaged The NASS Situation(must Read) / Lagos - Lekki Ajah Market Currently on Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.