Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,079 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

Pdp’s ‘coffin’ Still In Police Custody - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pdp’s ‘coffin’ Still In Police Custody (38566 Views)

Bruises Spotted On Corpse Of Lucky Ayomanor Who Died In Police Custody (Graphic) / Lucky Ayomanor Dies In Police Custody (Photos) / Hilarious Photo: Nigerian Police Spotted Carrying PDP Coffin To Cemetery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pdp’s ‘coffin’ Still In Police Custody by dridowu: 11:16am On Apr 17, 2015
The defeat suffered by President Goodluck Jonathan, who contested the March 28 presidential election on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, has been mourned by many chieftains and supporters of the party across the country.

Many have said that the loss of power at the centre may signal the death of the party which hitherto prided itself as the largest political party in Africa.

To further rub salt on PDP’s injury, a thug who, not too long ago, ‘ported’ from the PDP’s leaky umbrella, organised a ‘befitting’ funeral for the party, which has spent just 16 years out of the initial 60-year rule that one of its leaders predicted.

The funeral procession filed out after Prof. Attahiru Jega declared Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari winner of the presidential poll.

The thug, now basking in the euphoria of the winning streak of the All Progressives Congress, hired an itinerant musical group and undertakers to lead the procession.

The ‘mourners’ sang the funeral durgex they composed for the PDP and danced vigorously round Osogbo, the Osun State capital, even in the scorching sun of the day.

The pall bearers carried the coffin wrapped in the PDP colour. The singers and the drummers, with about six trumpeters, entertained all that cared. But those loyal to the PDP watched the procession with suppressed anger.

Some broom-wielding excited youths, who were part of the funeral procession, ‘refuelled’ their system with some sachets of intoxicant popularly called pelebe, to be able to weather the stress.

Interestingly, the funeral rite in Osogbo coincided with the outburst of a former Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Mr. Godsday Orubebe, at the venue of the announcement of the result of the presidential poll in Abuja.

Residents living around Olaiya Junction and Odi Olowo, who saw the procession, thought the remains of the Africa’s largest party were going to be interred at a cemetery in the Oke-Nla area. But a visit to the Police Criminal Investigation Department in Osogbo on Thursday (yesterday) by our correspondent revealed that the police did not allow the ‘corpse’ to rest despite the ‘ Rest in Peace’ boldly printed on the coffin.

The coffin, which is now in police custody, is on a bus which has been on the same spot for years.

A policeman on duty jokingly said the coffin was still in police custody because the owners had yet to meet the bail conditions.

He said that the investigating police officer had vowed not to release it, even if the Minister of Police Affairs, JelilimAdesiyan, who is from Osun State, showed up to secure its release.

http://www.punchng.com/election-watch/pdps-coffin-still-in-police-custody/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pdp’s ‘coffin’ Still In Police Custody by dridowu: 11:19am On Apr 17, 2015
Lwkmd , PDP coffin indeed

9 Likes

Re: Pdp’s ‘coffin’ Still In Police Custody by ELTON123(m): 11:21am On Apr 17, 2015
If this make fp i go commit suicide

*edited*
After mod don ban me finnish dat one no do. u come carry dis post put 4 fp.... Seun na today i no say u de mean

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pdp’s ‘coffin’ Still In Police Custody by sammyj: 11:22am On Apr 17, 2015
I pity this country, rather than the police to protect the lives and properties of Nigerian citizens they are busy protecting a baseless useless coffin that will not add value or bring any economic development to the nation !!! cool tongue

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pdp’s ‘coffin’ Still In Police Custody by Chiaka(f): 11:24am On Apr 17, 2015
Thank God PDP is still alive in some State, one party system is not healthy for any economy

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pdp’s ‘coffin’ Still In Police Custody by goodmorning40: 11:27am On Apr 17, 2015
Naija my country I hail thee
Re: Pdp’s ‘coffin’ Still In Police Custody by jascon1(m): 11:32am On Apr 17, 2015
Abeg help me buy moi moi for mama kehinde place. Make she put 2 ishor, 1 kpormor, 2 skarki and stew on top.
Then make she put rice 70 naira for another plate with 2 meat and 3 round about. Give am this 200 naira tell am say I go balance her money for evening.

11 Likes

Re: Pdp’s ‘coffin’ Still In Police Custody by alberto2k(m): 11:32am On Apr 17, 2015
dridowu:

A policeman on duty jokingly said the coffin was still in police custody because the owners had yet to meet the bail conditions.

Who are the owners grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Pdp’s ‘coffin’ Still In Police Custody by chymystique(f): 11:41am On Apr 17, 2015
gringringringrin This is quite hilarious though. Those people/youths are very Jobless.. PDP is still very much alive and wont die soon... In oshiomole's voice those pall bearers and co should "Go and Die"!

8 Likes

Re: Pdp’s ‘coffin’ Still In Police Custody by olexjay(m): 1:02pm On Apr 17, 2015
Still won't believe the news until they send me a personal invitation for its final funeral service so that I can also come and chop lil outta the national cake wey dey don keep since all dis years.

#Changes the way!
#Sai Baba
Re: Pdp’s ‘coffin’ Still In Police Custody by Nobody: 1:02pm On Apr 17, 2015
Lwkmd
Re: Pdp’s ‘coffin’ Still In Police Custody by LordCenturion(m): 1:02pm On Apr 17, 2015
Lolz, it's now left for the police to bury it or they should call PDP to come carry their copse and do the proper ceremony including wake keeping, but me go chop puf puf o, even if nah akara, I will stil manage am wil pap or akamu grin grin grin

ELTON123:

Oyah nau, go hang ursef, walahi I go rush for ur puf puf sharperly

5 Likes

Re: Pdp’s ‘coffin’ Still In Police Custody by micolaj: 1:03pm On Apr 17, 2015
ELTON123:
Ah Ah Ah TAKE rope kiakia

2 Likes

Re: Pdp’s ‘coffin’ Still In Police Custody by Nobody: 1:03pm On Apr 17, 2015
[size=14pt] undecided

PDP IS DEAD AND BURIED. I HOPE THE IGBOS WILL ACT MATURED AND JOIN APC IF THEY DON'T WANT TO BE MARGINALIZED. THEY DESERVE NOTHING FROM BUHARI CONSIDERING HOW THEY VOTED FOR GEJ IN MASS. THE EARLIER THE BETTER FOR THE IGBOS TO ACT MATURE POLITICALLY AND STOP MISFIRING. undecided[/size]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pdp’s ‘coffin’ Still In Police Custody by Pavore9: 1:03pm On Apr 17, 2015
'A policeman on duty jokingly said the coffin was still in police custody because the owners had yet to meet the bail conditions'. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pdp’s ‘coffin’ Still In Police Custody by QuiverBox(f): 1:03pm On Apr 17, 2015
ELTON123:

When is your burial?

2 Likes

Re: Pdp’s ‘coffin’ Still In Police Custody by kwencypresh(f): 1:03pm On Apr 17, 2015
e don make fp ooo
quick commit d suicide abeg
ELTON123:

1 Like

Re: Pdp’s ‘coffin’ Still In Police Custody by Nobody: 1:04pm On Apr 17, 2015
really? Alainironu la won people yii sha
Buhari's emergence would have negligible impact
on Osun state. They had better thought of how to
build their state instead of this charade.
O ma to ka lo ju yin
Re: Pdp’s ‘coffin’ Still In Police Custody by Hysmady(m): 1:04pm On Apr 17, 2015
S
Re: Pdp’s ‘coffin’ Still In Police Custody by teemanbastos(m): 1:04pm On Apr 17, 2015
ELTON123:
rip

1 Like

hmmm ok,this one strong oo cheesy
Re: Pdp’s ‘coffin’ Still In Police Custody by kellyJames5(m): 1:04pm On Apr 17, 2015
ELTON123:

(
ELTON123:

I still dey wait :'
Re: Pdp’s ‘coffin’ Still In Police Custody by teemanbastos(m): 1:04pm On Apr 17, 2015
ELTON123:
Rest in Pieces. cheesy

1 Like

ELTON123:

U should rather kill yourself than committing suicide

2 Likes

Re: Pdp’s ‘coffin’ Still In Police Custody by micolaj: 1:04pm On Apr 17, 2015
Chiaka:
Thank God PDP is still alive in some State, one party system is not healthy for any economy
Economy?

2 Likes

Re: Pdp’s ‘coffin’ Still In Police Custody by yurme(m): 1:05pm On Apr 17, 2015
Em go soon do apc coffin
Re: Pdp’s ‘coffin’ Still In Police Custody by Pavore9: 1:05pm On Apr 17, 2015
l missed eating the rice!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pdp’s ‘coffin’ Still In Police Custody by onosprince(m): 1:05pm On Apr 17, 2015
Goodluck should call his people to give PDP a befitting burial.
Re: Pdp’s ‘coffin’ Still In Police Custody by Mitsurugi(m): 1:05pm On Apr 17, 2015
ELTON123:

Wow! And to think there's already a coffin waiting at the Oshogbo Police Station man! grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dilapidated State Of Ikeja Police Barracks ( Pics) / Hausa, Fulani Flee Attacks From Taraba Militia / Confusion As Uzodinma & Uche Nwosu Receive INEC Forms As APC Candidates (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.