Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,487 members, 7,819,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Igbo And Niger Delta Struggle (boro Insurgency) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo And Niger Delta Struggle (boro Insurgency) (1987 Views)

Opinion: The Niger Delta Struggle And The Unity That Will Never Be!! / Niger Delta Struggle And Dream Country Is Not Biafra / Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo And Niger Delta Struggle (boro Insurgency) by bilms(m): 11:50am On Apr 17, 2015
Few days ago, I saw a topic created by one of the admins of this forum (Barcanista) titled: A political thread for old eastern region (south east/south south)
According to the originator of the said thread, he said it was created to unite SS/SE so as to form a common front, adopting the old name of the eastern region‘’EASTERNERS’’ to project their own interest within the Nigerian state.
However, I do not think this common front SE/SS want to form involves trying to malign other parts of the country by lying against them and tagging them the source of the division between SS/SE before the civil war.
While I do not intend to question what ever reason he has for creating such kind of topic to unite certain sections of the country instead of trying to unite the whole country, I find it quite offensive to misrepresent certain historical facts just for the purpose of trying to recruit people to follow his line of reasoning.
Please note, I am not against whatever you are doing provided it within the law and for the interest of either the whole country or certain sections of the country, but I am offended because you are intentionally or unintentionally trying to mislead some people with false assertion in the history of Niger Delta as it relates with Isaac Boro, the man who first declared a republic.

What are the facts?
Republic of Niger Delta was declared by Isaac Boro on 23rd February, 1966. Exactly 40days after the first military coup which truncated the first republic was carried out by those called the 5 majors mostly of igbo origin.
And as we all know, Nigeria’s prime minister, Alhaji Tafawa Balewa, Western Region Premier, Sir Samuel Akintola and Premier of Northern region, Alhaji Aminu Kano among others were killed.
In the declaration speech to his 159 fighters Ijaw fighter, Isaac Boro states:
‘’Today is a great day, not only in your lives,but also in the history of Niger Delta. Perhaps, it will be the greatest day for a very long time. This is not because we are going to bring the heavens down, but because we are going to demonstrate to the world what and how we feel about oppression….’’'
This declaration according to history marked the beginning of what was later known as the 12-DAY revolution, during which Boro, an ex-police inspector called the attention of the world to the fact that the inhabitants of the Niger Delta were feeling very uncomfortable with their faith in Nigeria.
However, according to observers of that time, that was an understateent. In actuality, it was the culmination of the injustice, political fraustration and suffocation that the Ijaw in particular and Niger Delta in general were suffering in the then eastern region dominated by igbo’s.
Due to the domination of the igbo over other tribes in the then eastern region, Boro and his comrades feared that with the death of Tafawa Balewa whom he describes as the only protector of Ijaw, his tribe, Ijaw is heading to extinction.
When Isaac Boro heard of the coup and the death of the Prime Minister Tafawala Balewa, he states: ‘’ The only protector of Ijaw and Niger Delta have been killed’’
Excluded and alienated from power in Nigeria, most especially within its own igbo dominated eastern region, the ijaw withered in bitterness and regret.
What are the complains of Boro and his group?
Some of the Niger Delta complains includes that, there was no one single industry in Niger Delta. The only fishery industry which ought to be situated in a properly riverine area in Niger Delta was situated about 80 miles inland at Aba, the igbo area. The boat yard at Opobo had its headquaters at Enugu instead of any Niger Delta area. Again, personnel in these industries are are predominantly igbos, Boro lamented.
This is apart from the fact that their environment is being poluted by oil and they are getting less attention.
To capture the essence of their political struggle, In 1959, Harald Dappa Biriye, after whom the recently created Niger Delta Development Commission(NDDC) headquaters in Port Harcourt, Rivers State was named after, began the journey to give Niger Delta a voice in politics by forming a political party, Niger Delta Congress (NDC)with fish as its symbol. The hope was that, as the fourth largest ethnic group in Nigeria, the party would bring the Ijaw in particular and Niger delta in general some political relevance in the eastern Nigeria on one hand, and in Nigeria on the other hand. But in 1959 elections, NDC disappointingly won only one seat in federal house through Melford Okilo from Brass division, Yenagoa. NDC leaders had promised during the campaign that a state would be created for Niger Delta and appointments would be given to the people of the Niger Delta, but these promise couldn’t be fulfilled for obvious reason. The party was hoping to extend its fold in the coming election, but In 1962 eastern region elections and 1964 federal elections, NDC lost all grounds to the igbo-dominated NCNC to the fraustration of Ijaw nationals. History have it that, the political scenario that confronted the ijaw was very gloomy. The NCNC which ruled the east was not interested in the creation of Niger Delta State which the Ijaws and Niger Delta so much desire. The frasutartion of the Ijaws grows, as out of the 9 representatives of the east at the federal, 8 were igbo. And in the eastern region house of assembly, the Niger Delta had only 4 out of 110. Even in the midwest house of assembly, Niger Delta had only 2 out of 58.
Given these political situation which Ijaw and Niger Delta believe is the quest of igbo to dominate them without any realistic way out. Boro lamented, ‘’an Ijaw nationalist finds that a state for his people is more of a necessity than a mere desire….
But to have a state of its own, an agitating area had to get the approval of the regional government or government within which it falls,one other regional government and also the federal government. But the igbo dominatede eastern region in which Niger delta falls did not approve the state creation for Niger delta.
The north and the federal government could not override the eastern government because it was afraid of igbo led NCNC which controlled the east and midwest.
So, the Niger Delta according to historian found themselves hedged in, like the shakespearn stage tied at the stake and bayed about by enemies.
This incident confirm the worries of the pre-independence fears which made Biriye led Niger Delta delegation to london to make a case for the minorities. The fruit of their effort was the willinks commission which later recommended a Niger Delta Special Area status for the Niger Delta. Consequently, the Tafawa Balewa led federal government set up the Niger Delta Development Board, NDDB. However, the eastern region government refused to make any contribution to the board. It down on the Niger delta that Ijaw and Niger Delta politicians would never achieve results for the area, hence, the need to adopt armed insurgency which was championed by Boro after Balewa was murdered in the coup by mostly igbo officers, the same igbo’s whom Ijaw see as their core enemy at that time.
After Boro recruited about trained 159 fighters, they struck and 12 days later, the so called revolution was foiled by the first military head of state, Ironsi. Boro and all his lietenants were arrested, tried in court and condemned to death. But fefore the sentencing, Boro made a plea.
Hear him:
We had long sought a separate STATE, not because we love power, but because the Niger delta conditions were peculiar and the authorities did not understand the problems.
He declared, ‘’there is nothing wrong with Nigeria as whole. What is wrong with us is the total lack of mercy in our activities.
Here, it was clear that what Boro and his Ijaw people seek was a separate state within Nigeria, outside igbo control, but the east, dominated by igbo had prevented this with no any way out. Hence, the need to sort for other ways.
Please note, Boro and his gang begin their so called revolution after it was clear that igbo’s had seize the federal government when Ironsi took over as head of state, they already believed that with the Igbo as head of state, it was almost impossible to achieve their aim of having a separate state through any legal means, hence their decision to struck.
However, when Gowon took over after Ironsi’s death, their death sentence was changed to life imprisonement. This was before the civil war.
Again, before the Declaration of Biafra, Boro and his men were freed and their long awaited desire to have their own state was achieved when Gowon created Rivers state. This is one of the major agitation they had which led them to becoming militants. To crown it all, Lietenant Commander Diete Spiff, an Ijaw, was made governor of Rivers. For Boro, his men and the entite niger delta people at that time, it was a dream come true,as what they couldn’t achieve as a result of igbo dominance and oppression of minority was achieved in that period. In Boro’s word, the revolution has failed and yet succeeded.
He states afteward in 1967: ‘’My men and I, with the creation of our state, are now free to help not only our people, but also Nigeria, to peace, unity, stability and progress.’’
When the Civil war broke out, Boro gladly became a major in the Nigerian army. He was killed on April 20, 1968, near Portharcourt.
But Nigeria deteriorated under the unitary military rgime and worsened the plight of the Niger delta.
My point here is that, it was wrong for the creator of the said thread to claim that other parts of the country was the reason for the rift between SS/SE, that was clearly a mischievous and false assertion statement.
Don’t create hatred and animosity between SS/SE against other parts of the country in the name of trying to unite a certain section. That is a wrong approach to unity of purpose, it can’t last.
Always be guided by truth.
Mr.Rights

9 Likes

Re: Igbo And Niger Delta Struggle (boro Insurgency) by ELTON123(m): 11:58am On Apr 17, 2015
Were u expecting me to read all that undecided if i slap u naw dem go talk say i de wicked

2 Likes

Re: Igbo And Niger Delta Struggle (boro Insurgency) by Nobody: 12:02pm On Apr 17, 2015
I don't remember barcanista misrepresenting any historical facts or ever suggesting that the formation of the distinct identities SS/SE was as a result of divisive acts by other Nigerian regions.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo And Niger Delta Struggle (boro Insurgency) by imbless: 12:08pm On Apr 17, 2015
Re: Igbo And Niger Delta Struggle (boro Insurgency) by IGBOSON1: 12:10pm On Apr 17, 2015
Another hateful bastard outsider giving reasons why the South East and South South should not forge a united front to tackle common challenges!

Listen mate! It's our prerogative to forgive whomsoever we choose to forgive! Blood and being next-door neighbours are more than enough reasons to forgive whatever we may have done to each other in the past.....especially in light of the kind of wicked, greedy, xenophobic and vindictive people we're made to share the same country with!

So busybodies like you should face front and mind your damned business!

13 Likes

Re: Igbo And Niger Delta Struggle (boro Insurgency) by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 12:23pm On Apr 17, 2015
What a perversion of laudable synergy by the op. Must you see everything from negative angle?

South-South/South East Economic Summit, Asaba, Delta State

South-South Economic Summit,Asaba, Delta State
A goodwill message by Mr. Emeka Ugwu-Oju, President, South-East South-South Professionals of Nigeria (SESSPN) at the 2nd South-South Economic Summit held at the Convention Centre, Asaba, Delta State on 25-28 april 2012

PROTOCOLS

First, let me congratulate the Governors of the South-South, the BRACED Commission and all those who have made this event possible. I also welcome all those who have come from other parts of the world to grace this Summit.

This 2nd South South Economic Summit is taking place at the right time. At a time the nation is beginning to be distracted again by a very premature and, I dare say, unnecessary controversy over which region or zone takes over the presidency in 2015, it makes sense that the South-South zone is focusing on how to create a sustainable economy to its people.

The strength of this nation does not lie in Abuja but in the states. The strength of Nigeria lies among its various people. The symbol of the political power of Nigeria may reside in Aso Villa, but the wealth of this nation lies in the ability of individual Nigerians and the competences each of us brings to the table. What I am saying is that the people are the major drivers of any economy. The development of Nigerian will eventually be the sum of the developments in the states and in the zones. Therefore we must look inwards to unleash our economic capacities. The advantage of regional economic integration is that there is advantage in numbers.

While we debate and wait for the day Nigeria will see the wisdom to return to the Federal structure that made this zone part of the fastest growing economy in Africa, we must do that which is within the ability of the zones. We of the South-East/South-South Professionals are committed to the unity of our two zones based on mutual respect among the two zones. Most of the Governors of the South East/South-South states are all professionals like us. Therefore, we will have no difficulty in working with them to realize our dream of the South-East/South-South Development Zone anchored on the two institutions : The BRACED Commission and the South East Nigeria Economic Commission(SENEC).

Since 2005, the South-East/South-South Professionals have done a lot of work to create a new thinking among our politicians and our people. The two zones have great potentials for economic boom to create a sustainable homeland for the people of this area. The human and material resources are there. For example Calabar port can be as viable as Apapa port. Port Harcourt port can be more viable than Tin Can Island port. After all, the people of the South-East and South-South zones are dominant in import and export. These two zones also have enormous oil and gas. Therefore we must take our destiny in our hands.

Towards  achieving that goal, we are planning a South East South South Development Forum which will take place in November 2012. The theme of the Forum is “From Talk to Action“. An Actionable Development Agenda for the South East South South Zones  sponsored by SESSP will be presented for discussion and adoption at the event. The Working Group on the Agenda includes the following development experts: Dr. Umar Eleazu,Prof Anya O Anya,Prof. Pat Utomi,Prof. Chukwuma Soludo,Dr. Osita Ogbu, Pat Bassey, Mazi Sam Ohuabunwa,Bismarck Rewane,Dr. Ike Abugu, Arc. Denzil Kentebe, Mrs.Ndidi Nwuneli,Dr. Boniface Chizea, Chief Chike Nwanze.All that we require are the determination and the focus to do those things that are necessary. I have no doubt that we can find the will.

Once more, on behalf of the South-East/South-South professionals, I congratulate you all and wish you a very fruitful summit.

Emeka Ugwu-Oju

President, South-East/ South-South Professionals

South-South/South-East Governors to Hold Summit to Engender Economic Growth

Onitsha - A marathon meeting of the South-East/South-South Governors yesterday ended in Awka with an agreement to schedule a meeting of the stakeholders from the zone for a cross fertilization of ideas on best ways to move the zones forward. The meeting was attended by the host Governor Peter Obi (Anambra). Other Governors were Sullivan Chime

(Enugu), Theodore Orji (Abia), Emmanuel Uduaghan (Delta),  Liyel Imoke (Cross River),  Engr. Dave Umahi (Ebonyi Deputy Governor).

Although the Governors came in piece meal for the meeting it officially ended by about 4:30 pm with a group photograph and reading of their resolution to the journalists.

Addressing journalists after the meeting on their resolutions at the Anambra state Governor’s Amawbia lodge , the Governor of Cross River State, Sen. Liyel Imoke, said that the  Summit which would hold in the first week of January, 2014, and would attract prominent leaders form the Zones.

Gov. Imoke explained that the Summit would offer a platform for the cross-fertilization of ideas and contributions of input on common needs of the Zone and the country with the ultimate aim of engendering economic and other activities that would be to the greater glory of the country.

The Governors, after assessing the State of the nation, reiterated their total support for the Government of Dr. Goodluck Jonathan and called on Nigerians to support him in his efforts and determination to make Nigeria a better place for all Nigerians. They encouraged Nigerians to promote only those things that would promote the unity and progress of the country.

Receiving the Governors to Anambra, Gov. Peter Obi took the opportunity to introduce the APGA candidate in the Anambra State gubernatorial election, Dr. Willie Obiano to them. He said the meeting was the first to be hosted in Anambra state.

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Niger Delta Struggle (boro Insurgency) by dunkem21(m): 12:31pm On Apr 17, 2015
Barcanista charted a new course. I told the APC to BEG him to
come back but they chose a dishonourable path of hauling insults and taunts to the guy ..

..Now, they are scared stiff and already peeing on their pampers grin

The guy above me, IGBOSON1, have said it all ..No subtractions!

5 Likes

Re: Igbo And Niger Delta Struggle (boro Insurgency) by Nobody: 1:02pm On Apr 17, 2015
@OP I don't understand when you said I misrepresented fact. Never did I lie against any region or ethnich group in that said thread. Never did I also call for unification of SS/SE "against" other regions. I don't know what you set to achieve but seriously, I have gone beyond that sentiment you mentioned. Was it the Igbos that recommended that the Headquarters of oil Companies be relocated in Lagos? What positions or value did the Niger Delta get within the Nigeria state at federal level?

What value are we getting from the Nigeria state with this present system? Let us refresh our minds...

1. Kaima Declaration:
In 1998 the Ijaw Youth Council made some declaration in Kaima Bayelse State. This declaration contain a document that define the "Niger Delta" struggle or Ijaw Struggle.

Article 1 of the Kaiama declaration set the tone for the debate asserting ownership of "all land and natural resources within the Ijaw territory as belonging to the Ijaw communities" because they are "the basis of our survival".

Article 2 insist on the "peoples and communities right to ownership and control of our lives and resources" while article 4 advised all oil companies and staff operating in the Ijaw area to withdraw from Ijaw land" pending the resolution of the issues of resource ownership and control in the Ijaw area of the Niger Delta".

And very pointedly in Article 10, the last article of the declaration, the issue of "resource control" was placed firmly and unambiguously bequeated to the present day resource control interpreters. The declaration was then followed by several insistencies and proclamations: " We insist on our rights to self-determination and resource control.

This is our minimum demand," an IYC leader later told journalist at the waterside community of Bundu, near Port Harcourt (January 18, 1999).

Rather than the government of Abdulsallam to look into it, he saw it as an affront and sent soldiers to kill tens of Ijaw Youths and brought tears to the creek.

Prior to that time, Ogonis also declared through Wiwa-led MOSSOP for similar stand. Wiwa had to pay with his dear life, because he never saw the bigger picture from the onset.

The IYC's Kaiama Declaration was followed by a number of other "bills of rights", "charters of demands", "Resolutions" and "Declarations", from many of the Niger Delta ethnic nationalities, including the Urhobo, Egi, Oron, Ibibio, Ikwere among others.

In late 1999, Ijaw youths issued yet another report: "Our resources our life, 100 reasons why the Ijaw nation wants to control its resources," in which the Ijaws justified the need for them to control what they have.

Today, we are still on the same thing. Is it the Igbos that are sabotaging our efforts? What have we achieved as individual ethnic groups? Isn't it obvious that we need to critically look into our flawed position and perception that was given to us by our fathers?

The Igbos to the best of my Knowledge have been crying political and economic marginalisation within the Nigeria State. They have been proponent of our collective progress and has shown brotherhood since after the war(and even during the war). I can't dismiss that there have been issues between us, but looking at the bigger picture, have we really got what we want? Boro was an unapologetic disciple of resource control, till date we haven't achieved it. The PIB has been in the NASS for ages, who are the opponents of the bill? Are they Igbos? Who would rather risk all for Jonathan? Is Jonathan an Igboman? Can't you learn from the event of march 28? Were ijaw youth council foolish to apologise to the Igbos for our fathers role in the War? We all called asari names when he made similar statement in 2014, but today can't we think?

Should we continue to live in denial of our collective Unity with the Igbos because of a misconception that has been proven to be LIES? Did Boro and Wiwa achieve what they really set to achieve? We demanded for Resource control and the repeal of Land use act, they killed our brothers and gave us "NDDC". What has the NDDC addressed? Why can't we unite for our collective progress? The time has come to dish away the false perception and form a common front politically and economically with our Igbo cousins. This is not a time to hold on to a position that has never addressed anything but to form a real position that we see to our collective progress. If Boro was alive today, I assure you that he will change his perception.

Pls note, the SS and SE are integrating for the good of the region and not "against" anybody. Those that considers our unity as threat to their existence should understand that we owe them no apology.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbo And Niger Delta Struggle (boro Insurgency) by macjive01: 1:12pm On Apr 17, 2015
He declared, ‘’there is nothing wrong with Nigeria as whole. What is wrong with us is the total lack of mercy in our activities.
Here, it was clear that what Boro and his Ijaw people seek was a separate state within Nigeria, outside igbo control, but the east, dominated by igbo had prevented this with no any way out. Hence, the need to sort for other ways.
Please note, Boro and his gang begin their so called revolution after it was clear that Igbo’s had seize the federal government when Ironsi took over as head of state, they already believed that with the Igbo as head of state, it was almost impossible to achieve their aim of having a separate state through any legal means, hence their decision to struck.

the problem with Boro, was he wanted a nigerdelta state such that the ijaw would be majority in the new state, however the dozens of other tribes,ogoni, Ndoki, opobo, etc, would rather have the status quo than have the ijaw dominate them.

Such is life, majority would always carry the vote.

Imagine if Boro had successfully won his Nigerdelta thru military means only for the next Military uprising, by say the Ogonis , citing same earlier reasons Boro had given, and demand for their own state.

The only way to overcome these irritating tribal sentiments would be to empower the local governments, who are right there at the grassroots, to be responsible for providing all the essence of civility

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Niger Delta Struggle (boro Insurgency) by Nobody: 1:26pm On Apr 17, 2015
macjive01:

the problem with Boro, was he wanted a nigerdelta state such that the ijaw would be majority in the new state, however the dozens of other tribes,ogoni, Ndoki, opobo, etc, would rather have the status quo than have the ijaw dominate them.

Such is life, majority would always carry the vote.

Imagine if Boro had successfully won his Nigerdelta thru military means only for the next Military uprising, by say the Ogonis , citing same earlier reasons Boro had given, and demand for their own state.

The only way to overcome these irritating tribal sentiments would be to empower the local governments, who are right there at the grassroots, to be responsible for providing all the essence of civility
When Boro declared his Republic, some ethnic minorities feared that the Ijaws are set to dominate them. This is similar to the fears of some ethnic groups within the Eastern region when Biafra was declared. In retrospect, the Ijaws were guilty of the same thing we accuse the Igbos. For instance before the creation of Bayelsa State in 1996, the Ijaws dominated political offices of old Rivers State. It produced the two elected Governors. What did the Ogonis, Ekpeyes, ikwerres etc get? Second choice. Which ethnic nationality benefits more from the Amnesty and other Niger Delta programs? Ijaws. Is this what we call equity and justice? No. But should that be as a basis to tag Ijaws enemies of others? No!

What we need is to address these issues of course, but we must remain in unity for our broader objectives. I am 100% Ijaw, I was so glad when I saw the ikwerres, ibibios, Igbos, Efiks, urobos, ogonis etc unite for Jonathan. That was a confirmation that there is an unbreakable chord that bind us.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo And Niger Delta Struggle (boro Insurgency) by sCun: 2:22pm On Apr 17, 2015
This OP is a devil.
Isaac Boro made it clear in his statement that hs problem is with Nigeria as a country, but the OP decided to add his own thoughts and that of some spiritual observers claiming that his problem was actually with Igbos.
Do you read minds or what?
Re: Igbo And Niger Delta Struggle (boro Insurgency) by AhmedMustapha(m): 3:09pm On Apr 17, 2015
Looking at the number of threads popping up in recent weeks from people who claim to be unhappy with the current state of the nation just because their brother lost in an election where citizens have the right to vote whomever they please is just hilarious. All the structures that allow for the marginalization of southern Nigeria as their Leaders claim could have been resolved by the President if he ran a purposeful government. It seems as though if the equation favours me then it's fine but when the system that once worked in my favour works for someone else, I go around screaming blue murder and chanting songs of marginalization. We should promote initiatives that seek to preserve the peace of Nigeria and look for ways to develop the Nation for the good of the common man, all other objectives should remain secondary and treated as such.

7 Likes

Re: Igbo And Niger Delta Struggle (boro Insurgency) by xmich(m): 3:20pm On Apr 17, 2015
barcanista:
When Boro declared his Republic, some ethnic minorities feared that the Ijaws are set to dominate them. This is similar to the fears of some ethnic groups within the Eastern region when Biafra was declared. In retrospect, the Ijaws were guilty of the same thing we accuse the Igbos. For instance before the creation of Bayelsa State in 1996, the Ijaws dominated political offices of old Rivers State. It produced the two elected Governors. What did the Ogonis, Ekpeyes, ikwerres etc get? Second choice. Which ethnic nationality benefits more from the Amnesty and other Niger Delta programs? Ijaws. Is this what we call equity and justice? No. But should that be as a basis to tag Ijaws enemies of others? No!

What we need is to address these issues of course, but we must remain in unity for our broader objectives. I am 100% Ijaw, I was so glad when I saw the ikwerres, ibibios, Igbos, Efiks, urobos, ogonis etc unite for Jonathan. That was a confirmation that there is an unbreakable chord that bind us.
Blood is Thicker than water,no matter what ever happens we are still brothers.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo And Niger Delta Struggle (boro Insurgency) by disumusa: 3:30pm On Apr 17, 2015
ss becarefull of igbos,igbos did not love any tribe

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Niger Delta Struggle (boro Insurgency) by Scholes007(m): 4:12pm On Apr 17, 2015
xmich:

let's stop looking at it from the prism of tribe
Re: Igbo And Niger Delta Struggle (boro Insurgency) by macjive01: 8:21pm On Apr 17, 2015
barcanista:

Spot on.
Re: Igbo And Niger Delta Struggle (boro Insurgency) by tola9ja: 10:24pm On Apr 17, 2015
xmich:

brothers of destruction
Re: Igbo And Niger Delta Struggle (boro Insurgency) by Strongfaze(m): 11:45pm On Apr 17, 2015
Phew! Did I just read all that from the OP?
Re: Igbo And Niger Delta Struggle (boro Insurgency) by xmich(m): 8:43am On Apr 18, 2015
tola9ja:

brothers of destruction
your own point of view,
common sense
Re: Igbo And Niger Delta Struggle (boro Insurgency) by bilms(m): 6:55pm On May 03, 2015
So, why were you trying to blame other parts of Nigeria for the problem between east and south south?
Re: Igbo And Niger Delta Struggle (boro Insurgency) by EdCure: 7:24pm On May 03, 2015
AhmedMustapha:
Looking at the number of threads popping up in recent weeks from people who claim to be unhappy with the current state of the nation just because their brother lost in an election where citizens have the right to vote whomever they please is just hilarious. All the structures that allow for the marginalization of southern Nigeria as their Leaders claim could have been solved by the President if he ran a purposeful government. It seems as though if the equation favours me then it's fine but when the system that once worked in my favour works for someone else, I go around screaming blue murder and chanting songs of marginalization. We should promote initiatives that seek to preserve the peace of Nigeria and look for ways to develop the Nation for the good of the common man, all other objectives should remain secondary and treated as such.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo And Niger Delta Struggle (boro Insurgency) by EdCure: 7:27pm On May 03, 2015
I don't remember barcanista misrepresenting any historical facts or ever suggesting that the formation of the distinct identities SS/SE was as a result of divisive acts by other Nigerian regions.
That is another way of amplifying your comprehension defects.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo And Niger Delta Struggle (boro Insurgency) by BlackTechnology: 7:31pm On May 03, 2015
disumusa:
ss becarefull of igbos,igbos did not love any tribe

Your people's impatient has changed the perception of ND people forever

Olodo

SS sees us as brothers now while they see you guys as the true enemies

Patient dog eats the fattest bone

God bless lower Niger Republic

Baba One Chance

Baba Aladdin with his Jinni lamp

Baba Of Excuses

Change has turn into Chain

When are you probing Tinubu OBJ Saraki Atiku etc

grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo And Niger Delta Struggle (boro Insurgency) by vanunu: 7:49pm On May 03, 2015
Okpara the premier then , built hotel presidential, created trans Amadi, established many palm and rubber plantations, modernized the port.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo And Niger Delta Struggle (boro Insurgency) by bilms(m): 9:12pm On May 04, 2015
hum
Re: Igbo And Niger Delta Struggle (boro Insurgency) by QuotaSystem: 10:04pm On May 04, 2015
BlackTechnology:

SS sees us as brothers now while they see you guys as the true enemies

Patient dog eats the fattest bone

You really think you can fool them forever? Do you even realize they are now politically more relevant than you guys? Your covetousness for their oil will always blow your cover.

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Niger Delta Struggle (boro Insurgency) by Nasman(m): 10:53pm On May 04, 2015
Aminu Kano was not killed in the 60's. He died in 70's
Re: Igbo And Niger Delta Struggle (boro Insurgency) by bilms(m): 10:18am On May 06, 2015
Ahmadu bello

(1) (Reply)

President 0bj Has Submited A Ministerial List 2 Gmb Should Gmb Trash Obj's List? / Nigerian Flag Flies Behind U.S President Obama At G7 Summit In Germany / Buhari Shot Himself In The Leg. Gaffes On Palestine And Israel Issues UN Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.