Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,291 members, 7,954,158 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:22 PM

Pictures That Will Make You Visit India! :) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures That Will Make You Visit India! :) (2084 Views)

5 Fascinating Pictures That Will Change How You See Nigeria / 20 Pictures That Are Too Real For Any Nigerian That Has Ever Been Denied Visa / 37 Pictures That Prove Australia Is The Most Dangerous Country on the Planet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures That Will Make You Visit India! :) by Sam94(f): 1:05pm On Apr 17, 2015
India, it is often said, is not a country, but a continent. Stretching from the frozen summits of the Himalayas to the tropical greenery of Kerala, its expansive borders encompass an incomparable range of landscapes, cultures and people.

Many first-time visitors find themselves unable to see past such glaring disparities. Others come expecting a timeless ascetic wonderland and are surprised to encounter one of the most materialistic societies on the planet. Still more find themselves intimidated by what may seem, initially, an incomprehensible and bewildering continent. But for all its jarring juxtapositions, intractable paradoxes and frustrations, India remains an utterly compelling destination. Intricate and worn, its distinctive patina – the stream of life in its crowded bazaars, the ubiquitous filmi music, the pungent melange of diesel fumes, cooking spices, dust and dung smoke – casts a spell that few forget from the moment they step off a plane. Love it or hate it – and most travellers oscillate between the two – India will shift the way you see the world.

www.travcure.com

Re: Pictures That Will Make You Visit India! :) by Yehman(m): 1:12pm On Apr 17, 2015

1 Like

Re: Pictures That Will Make You Visit India! :) by tdayof(m): 4:09pm On Apr 17, 2015
India is a beautiful place to visit... Would love to visit india one day.

1 Like

Re: Pictures That Will Make You Visit India! :) by Sam94(f): 6:17am On Apr 18, 2015
You will be Welcomed with Joy smiley
Re: Pictures That Will Make You Visit India! :) by bebe2(f): 10:36am On Apr 18, 2015
India?

Op, just paste foto frm tourism website take dey praise India.

But from wat I have heard from the few Indians I know, the place is overcrowded, filthy, pple spit on walls and road, crime ridden and unsafe.

Is this a true reflection of the country?

I know every country has its vgc, but I mean generally, how is India?
Re: Pictures That Will Make You Visit India! :) by bebe2(f): 10:38am On Apr 18, 2015
that writing there get too much grammar grin
Re: Pictures That Will Make You Visit India! :) by Sam94(f): 5:44am On Apr 20, 2015
bebe2!
That just shows that you have visited the tourism websites of India! which is a good thing. What u heard is true but thats only a minor part of India. apart from that its a beautiful, cultural good country! its safe just as USA or Europe!
Hope this grammar is not that deep.
Re: Pictures That Will Make You Visit India! :) by bebe2(f): 8:47am On Apr 20, 2015
Sam94:
bebe2!
That just shows that you have visited the tourism websites of India! which is a good thing. What u heard is true but thats only a minor part of India. apart from that its a beautiful, cultural good country! its safe just as USA or Europe!

Oh, tnk u
Re: Pictures That Will Make You Visit India! :) by uzhi(m): 1:27pm On Apr 20, 2015
Visiting india very soon to see it myself
Re: Pictures That Will Make You Visit India! :) by 25omega(m): 4:33pm On Apr 20, 2015
Sam94:
bebe2!
i once would have loved to visit india but after hearing about the rampant rapes and assault of people who are not of indian decent (Africans) i have changed my mind. I will not go to a country where having a fairer skin means success and being dark means you have no chance at making it. These are things i have heard and watched on documentaries and news stations.
Re: Pictures That Will Make You Visit India! :) by bebe2(f): 7:21pm On Apr 20, 2015
25omega:
i once would have loved to visit india but after hearing about the rampant rapes and assault of people who are not of indian decent (Africans) i have changed my mind. I will not go to a country when having a fairer skin means success and being dark means you have no chance at making it. This are things i have heard and watched on documentaries and news stations.

hmm

me too ooooohh

but pple can praise somethings and even compare to USA n DUBAI grin
Re: Pictures That Will Make You Visit India! :) by Sam94(f): 8:05am On Apr 21, 2015
Seems like you have got a lot of wrong information about India.
We Indians ourselves face colour/race discrimination in other countries.
The society consists mainly educated people who would never judge or ASSAULT you because you are from a certain country.

People from all countries including West African countries are seen in metro cities. They not just visit to see India, they come here to stay for business purposes or to get treatment. The photos depicts rich heritage, and if you communicate with the locals you will just be treated like family. India is known for that.

Apart from that, not even a single country can be called safe if heard. There are stories. even USA or any country you take example of has been in the news for rapes, rampant and other crimes.
Re: Pictures That Will Make You Visit India! :) by Sam94(f): 8:25am On Apr 21, 2015
There is no comparison between India and USA or Dubai. All countries have some boons or bans about it but they all are one of a kind. Because of the people and their culture. I respect your opinion, and hope for you well being

Thanks
Re: Pictures That Will Make You Visit India! :) by Olivia226: 9:24am On Mar 23, 2022
Thanks for sharing! Great article and photos smiley India is like a big old box full of treasures: interweaving of cultures and religions, ancient civilizations, architecture and nature, cuisine and traditions. I highly recommend visiting The Black Pearl https://blackpearlmarathahalli.com/ located in Marathahalli, especially if you like the pirate theme and very tasty and healthy food smiley

(1) (Reply)

Dangote Truck Rams Into School Bus On Excurssion / Steps To Take To Travel Abroad / Fiance Visa, Pls Any Luck

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.