Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,070 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:26 PM

Fiance Visa, Pls Any Luck - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Fiance Visa, Pls Any Luck (2059 Views)

America Fiance Visa Takes How Many Months From The Filing Date? / Fiance Visa Experience / Uk Marriage Visa- Pls Help. What Are The Info Needed Pls Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fiance Visa, Pls Any Luck by johnthomas: 2:02pm On Aug 17, 2007
Dear Nairalanders, i need your positive advice and i will really appreciate it.
I ve lived in the UK illegally for close to ten years and i was dating an english woman, unfortunately i was arrested for a civil offence(driving without papers)and i was given administrative removal to nigeria, i was told to go and apply from nigeria to come back again if i desired.That was about 2 years ago.
I am now intending to apply again with my fiancee who came to nigeria to visit me, she just left some days ago,she wants me to apply as her fiance and wants us to get married in england, she has all the documents they require, mortgage, a good job, payslips,birth cert,our photos, letters and emails,everything they might need is available for us, i am just a bit worried as i havent seen anybody applying as fiance, though its under the settlement application, i am scared of my application being turned down since i was removed by their authorities, though i have had 2 friends who actually had the same problem and their women came around to get married and they have been issued 2 years settlement visa. i am applying as a fiance visa and if am granted visa which will be only for 6 months and wont be allowed to work and i must get married within the 6 months before i apply for an extension for 2 years, please Nairaland users what are the odds against this kind of application, am all ears.thanks
Re: Fiance Visa, Pls Any Luck by Banderas(m): 2:04pm On Aug 17, 2007
John - your best bet is for her to come to Naija, and marry you. Then you have the documents, and can apply to move to the UK as a spouse. I don't see you getting any visa, with your criminal record and also because you broke the terms of your last visa.
Re: Fiance Visa, Pls Any Luck by johnthomas: 2:10pm On Aug 17, 2007
Thanks a lot man, i apreciatte,Bleep
Re: Fiance Visa, Pls Any Luck by Vicjustice: 6:32pm On Aug 17, 2007
Dear John,
as a fiance, the embassy will definitely doubt your relationship with her, and they're likely going to refuse you the visa 100 times (each time, you'll have to pay the visa fee): and you might not be given the rights to appeal their decisions.
If you get married in Nigeria, that will automatically qualify you for the status of EU family member. By this, you'll not have to apply for the standard visa and paying the visa fee, you'll be given the entitlement to apply for a family member permit: this Permit which seems like a visa (but with remarks that you're an EU family member-giving you the right for a residence permit) is free of charge, no visa fee. And if however they refuse you the visa (permit) for reason of doubts and trial, you'll be entitled to appeal it which will eventually be in your favour as long as your marriage is sustained.
I advice you to do the marriage in Nigeria. Goodluck
Re: Fiance Visa, Pls Any Luck by Hermine(f): 6:59pm On Aug 17, 2007
Hello,

in Germany, if you have been deported, you can be sure, that the authorities will never give you fiance-visa again. The only Way is to get married and apply for a family-visa after marriage, as far as i know it.

Greetings
Re: Fiance Visa, Pls Any Luck by VOR(m): 7:57pm On Aug 17, 2007
Vicjustice,

As his wife to be is English and they propose to settle in the UK.
He CANNOT  apply as an EU family member. He would only
be able to apply for this status if his wife was to settle or exercise
her treaty rights in another EU state.

Previous adverse immigration history, especially of the non-serious
kind is not necessarily a bar to the grant of a visa. Every case is
treated on its merits and I have certainly seen people being granted
settlement visas despite their questionable immigration history.
Re: Fiance Visa, Pls Any Luck by funkybaby(f): 7:58am On Aug 18, 2007
@vicjustice

sometimes i read your posts on nairaland and i have noticed that most times you give the wrong advice to people. just because (as you say) that you are in Ireland does not mean that you are well versed in immigration laws especially those relating to the UK. Its best not to say anything than to mislead people  angry

every lame man knows that although UK is an EU courntry, it has its own peculiar immigration laws. your advice to the poster  !!!DOES NOT APPLY TO THE UK AT ALL

@johnthomas
why not get married here in Nigeria. It is really simple, just go to the court registry with a few friends and you are done. of course, the chances that you might be refused are rather high since you were once deported, but if you appeal, and the appeal is handled by a very competent lawyer, you will win. smiley

the fact is that settlement visa applications especially those made from nigeria do not have very high success rate. i know sooo many people that have been denied despite their GOOD immigration history, but the good thing is that they all got the visa about a year later after appealing.

its funny that you spent 10years illegally in the UK. why didnt you get a committment from your fiancee then?? the earlier you get married to this woman, the better for you or better still get her pregnant  grin because from what your travel history#(deportation), she might be your only opportunity of ever going back to the UK.  undecided you know, things are getting tighter each day unlike it was ten years ago - the biometric passport thing, serious passport control checks, the eye scanning machines at some of the airports, etc.

if you apply for the finace visa, it will only take the Grace of God for you to be given. Like you said, the fiance visa is only 6months and you are not allowed to work. The embassy will definately think you are desperate to get to the UK (a place you lived for 10years before you were deported), and they might not give it to you since you did not return back to nigeria the first time you were given the visa.

what ever decision you decide to take, i wish you the best.

@VOR
Oga,hello.  smiley its been ages since you were last here. trust you are okay.
Re: Fiance Visa, Pls Any Luck by VOR(m): 3:23pm On Aug 18, 2007
funkybaby:

@VOR
Oga,hello. smiley its been ages since you were last here. trust you are okay.

Hi Funky I'm very much around. I just got a bit bored with advising people here.
A lot of the questions have already been dealt with and if the newcomers took
the time to read most of the immigration threads on the travel section they will realise
this.

How are you? Still in the UK? If so which part?
Re: Fiance Visa, Pls Any Luck by funkybaby(f): 3:41pm On Aug 18, 2007
VOR:

Hi Funky I'm very much around. I just got a bit bored with advising people here.
A lot of the questions have already been dealt with and if the newcomers took
the time to read most of the immigration threads on the travel section they will realise
this.

How are you? Still in the UK? If so which part?

you are right. it is always the same questions on issues that have been dealt with. i get bored sometimes myself. i am doing good. still in uk. presently in luton, tomorrow i will be in birmingham. what part are you?
Re: Fiance Visa, Pls Any Luck by funkybaby(f): 3:47pm On Aug 18, 2007
Siena:

Lol, getting a girl pregnant is definitely NOT the way to go! Kids should be conceived out of love, rather than be used as pawns in a game of will it / won't it?

Scenario - he gets the girl pregnant, and still gets denied a visa. Then, he can't return to be with his lady. Bang. She can't work once she's heavily pregnant, and has to struggle to raise a child on her own.

Then suppose things don't work out? Some guys would find a child that's not theirs a hindrance, then the girl becomes a stastitic. Not good!

getting the girl pregnant to me is the easiest way to go. obviously from the guy's comments, the girl came down to naija to see him (which kind of shows that she loves him). so getting heavily pregnant for the guy and letting the embassy people know that she is carrying the man's baby and they are married, will most definately help the man's chances.

do you think the benefits department are happy with the increasing number of single mothers undecided

shebi na the ''oyinbo'' wan marry ''dudu'', so anything wey she face later, she go take am like that  grin

p.s. i adviced the pregnancy tactic based on what the poster said that he spent 10years in UK before he was deported. Spending 10 solid years in UK and coming back to naija with little or nothing aint funny at all !! sad
Re: Fiance Visa, Pls Any Luck by udezij(m): 4:09pm On Aug 18, 2007
Funkybaby pls could you reply my message,How can i get a part time work in the Uk as a Student.I got an Admission in the University of Glamorgan,Wales
Re: Fiance Visa, Pls Any Luck by Vicjustice: 7:32pm On Aug 18, 2007
funkybaby:

@vicjustice

sometimes i read your posts on nairaland and i have noticed that most times you give the wrong advice to people. just because (as you say) that you are in Ireland does not mean that you are well versed in immigration laws especially those relating to the UK. Its best not to say anything than to mislead people  angry

every lame man knows that although UK is an EU courntry, it has its own peculiar immigration laws. your advice to the poster  !!!DOES NOT APPLY TO THE UK AT ALL

@johnthomas
why not get married here in Nigeria. It is really simple, just go to the court registry with a few friends and you are done. of course, the chances that you might be refused are rather high since you were once deported, but if you appeal, and the appeal is handled by a very competent lawyer, you will win. smiley

the fact is that settlement visa applications especially those made from nigeria do not have very high success rate. i know sooo many people that have been denied despite their GOOD immigration history, but the good thing is that they all got the visa about a year later after appealing.

its funny that you spent 10years illegally in the UK. why didnt you get a committment from your fiancee then?? the earlier you get married to this woman, the better for you or better still get her pregnant  grin because from what your travel history#(deportation), she might be your only opportunity of ever going back to the UK.  undecided you know, things are getting tighter each day unlike it was ten years ago - the biometric passport thing, serious passport control checks, the eye scanning machines at some of the airports, etc.

if you apply for the finace visa, it will only take the Grace of God for you to be given. Like you said, the fiance visa is only 6months and you are not allowed to work. The embassy will definately think you are desperate to get to the UK (a place you lived for 10years before you were deported), and they might not give it to you since you did not return back to nigeria the first time you were given the visa.

what ever decision you decide to take, i wish you the best.

@VOR
Oga,hello.  smiley its been ages since you were last here. trust you are okay.

Dear FUNKYBABY,
Could you please refer to one or two of my "misleading" advice that i gave to people?
Sometimes before, i felt like deleting my profile from this forum since some faceless arrogant users use this means to insult people, but then, i didn't want to delete it because, i enjoy corresponding with Nigerians, and there are more friends than foes here.
  When you see my "online" status in this website, do not assume that that i'm regularly available or that i'm a less busy man, i'm a professional worker, and my home and office computer is regularly running several hours a day: it automatically logs on to Nairaland.com when it's switched on, and keeps on the "online" status even when it's shut down, (except i manually log of).
  I simply gave a well wishing advice to the guy, John; that he should marry and apply for a family member visa, and if however i was incorrect in any way, does that give you the chance to be rude? By the way, what does the word: "MISLEAD" mean to you?
  Check your dictionary and see if the word MISLEAD represents my message to John.
  I suppose you adore the mr. VOR, don't you see how he put his post in respond to my information?
  No need to doubt whether i'm in Dublin or not, i'm Irish citizen, and i'm currently working in the Baltic states.
Re: Fiance Visa, Pls Any Luck by Vicjustice: 7:36pm On Aug 18, 2007
FUNKYBABY
BELOW IS THE ORIGINAL ADVICE THAT I POSTED, COULD YOU PLEASE UNDERLINE THE "MISLEADING" COMMENT?
Vicjustice:

Dear John,
as a fiance, the embassy will definitely doubt your relationship with her, and they're likely going to refuse you the visa 100 times (each time, you'll have to pay the visa fee): and you might not be given the rights to appeal their decisions.
If you get married in Nigeria, that will automatically qualify you for the status of EU family member. By this, you'll not have to apply for the standard visa and paying the visa fee, you'll be given the entitlement to apply for a family member permit: this Permit which seems like a visa (but with remarks that you're an EU family member-giving you the right for a residence permit) is free of charge, no visa fee. And if however they refuse you the visa (permit) for reason of doubts and trial, you'll be entitled to appeal it which will eventually be in your favour as long as your marriage is sustained.
I advice you to do the marriage in Nigeria. Goodluck
Re: Fiance Visa, Pls Any Luck by funkybaby(f): 8:45pm On Aug 18, 2007
[/quote]When you see my "online" status in this website, do not assume that that i'm regularly available or that i'm a less busy man, i'm a professional worker, and my home and office computer is regularly running several hours a day: it automatically logs on to Nairaland.com when it's switched on, and keeps on the "online" status even when it's shut down, (except i manually log of).

No need to doubt whether i'm in Dublin or not, i'm Irish citizen, and i'm currently working in the Baltic states.[quote]

story  angry! i still stand by my post ! smiley
Re: Fiance Visa, Pls Any Luck by Vicjustice: 8:59pm On Aug 18, 2007
Funky, you're a typical nigerian girl, you don't believe me because you compare me with your own condition. But we're not in a contest, are we?
Re: Fiance Visa, Pls Any Luck by funkybaby(f): 9:10pm On Aug 18, 2007
Vicjustice:

Funky, you're a typical nigerian girl, you don't believe me because you compare me with your own condition. But we're not in a contest, are we?

because you have internet access-  shocked shocked
*** rolls eyes***
***hisses***
Re: Fiance Visa, Pls Any Luck by mrpataki(m): 9:43pm On Aug 18, 2007
@ Funkybaby,
You like wahala too cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Fiance Visa, Pls Any Luck by johnthomas: 10:15pm On Aug 18, 2007
Hey mates, i do understand every point made here towards my situation here and i appreciate it from my heart, at least 85 percent suggests that i should get marriend and not apply for a fiance visa, may God bless you all, but pls dont lets get into arguemmments and confrontation, we are all here to support each other, thanks all
Re: Fiance Visa, Pls Any Luck by VOR(m): 11:46pm On Aug 18, 2007
funkybaby:

you are right. it is always the same questions on issues that have been dealt with. i get bored sometimes myself. i am doing good. still in uk. presently in luton, tomorrow i will be in birmingham. what part are you?

I'm in London, Croydon to be precise.
Re: Fiance Visa, Pls Any Luck by mrpataki(m): 2:15am On Aug 19, 2007
Funkybaby in the UK at the moment, VOR is here too, Akolawole too,

Can I get to meet you all? I should be inside London later this week, Barking precisely.
Re: Fiance Visa, Pls Any Luck by funkybaby(f): 7:26am On Aug 19, 2007
VOR:

I'm in London, Croydon to be precise.
mrpataki:

Funkybaby in the UK at the moment, VOR is here too, Akolawole too,

Can I get to meet you all? I should be inside London later this week, Barking precisely.

hello gentlemen.

am off to birmingham and i am running late, so i cant type much. i should be back home at 8.30pm, so i'll be online then. i should be in london next weekend, mitcham precisely. maybe we can hook up. got to go. cheers.

(1) (Reply)

Unprofessional Jobs Abroad. / Quatar Visa / Info On Taiwan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.