Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,684 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

I Predicted South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks – TB Joshua - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Predicted South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks – TB Joshua (1222 Views)

I Predicted The Coming Of Boko Haram 16 Years Ago – Audu Ogbeh / Peter Obi Visits Nigerians Injured In South Africa's Xenophobic Attacks / Buhari Welcomes Steps Taken By Jonathan On South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Predicted South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks – TB Joshua by bro4u: 5:16pm On Apr 17, 2015
A video has surfaced showing Nigerian pastor, T.B. Joshua, warning South Africans of a “youth revolt” in their nation which would result in deaths of “certain people”. The clip, uploaded to Joshua’s popular YouTube channel Emmanuel TV, says the controversial cleric prophesied about the deadly xenophobic attacks spreading across South Africa on Sunday 28th July 2013.

“In the nation, South Africa, we should help them in prayer because I am seeing youth revolt,” the clip quotes Mr. Joshua as saying. “It will be very serious. A situation where youth will come out and… you learn that there is a protest. Some people were killed – certain people.”

Mr. Joshua’s prediction made the front cover of South African newspaper-based City Press newspaper in August 2013 when Julius Malema, the fiery leader of South Africa’s Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF), visited his church in Nigeria for “spiritual blessings”. The clip was posted alongside a message from Mr. Joshua to South Africans.

“If we fail to see that there are powers that cause people to be bowed down in bondage, we are going to fight the wrong battle,” he wrote, in a statement posted on the Nigerian pastor’s official Facebook page, followed by over 1.5 million people. He then proceeded with a prayer for
“calmness” in South Africa.

“I pray for my nation, South Africa. As Jesus stood in the boat and commanded the storms to be calm, I stand in the midst of the storm in my nation, South Africa and I command the storm, wind and waves to be calm, in the name of Jesus! I speak calmness to my nation, South Africa, in the name of Jesus!” The recent spate of xenophobic violence has spread to different South African cities, with thousands of foreign-owned shops forcibly closed and their owners seeking refuge in makeshift camps.

Five immigrants are said to have been killed, including a 14 year-old boy. Horrifying images and videos have surfaced online showing locals burning foreign nationals and looting their shops. The violence erupted shortly after a purported statement from the Zulu King, Goodwill Zwelithini, calling on foreigners to return to their countries as they were causing economic “inconvenience” to locals.

T.B. Joshua’s television station, Emmanuel TV, is especially popular in South Africa where thousands of Christians annually go for “pilgrimage” at his church, The Synagogue, Church Of All Nations, in Lagos, Nigeria.

Source:www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/181588-i-predicted-south-africas-xenophobic-attacks-tb-joshua.html

1 Like

Re: I Predicted South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks – TB Joshua by Nobody: 5:18pm On Apr 17, 2015
Hmmmmmmm
Re: I Predicted South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks – TB Joshua by ki02020(m): 5:24pm On Apr 17, 2015
Is he trying to take credit from a disastrous situation or what?
Re: I Predicted South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks – TB Joshua by Wsdm: 5:28pm On Apr 17, 2015
Jumping from pillar to pole claiming credence for predicting evil activites. Do we even know if the South Africans that died in his church is not part of what triggered such hate to other Africans?

1 Like

Re: I Predicted South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks – TB Joshua by crazygod(m): 6:07pm On Apr 17, 2015
Can someone inform this guy that this are serious issues? Ok. U 'prophesied' this and u don't pray against it? Oga pastor biko park well.
Re: I Predicted South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks – TB Joshua by xavier0327(f): 6:25pm On Apr 17, 2015
This guy should shut up already!!

1 Like

Re: I Predicted South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks – TB Joshua by ritababe(f): 6:29pm On Apr 17, 2015
xavier0327:
This guy should shut up already!!

you are the one that should shutup!!
Re: I Predicted South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks – TB Joshua by baybeeboi: 6:42pm On Apr 17, 2015
ritababe:

you are the one that should shutup!!
easy!
So be so you go carry go Heaven
Re: I Predicted South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks – TB Joshua by baybeeboi: 6:43pm On Apr 17, 2015
videos always released after incidence.
Well,make i stop here.
Re: I Predicted South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks – TB Joshua by doctokwus: 6:44pm On Apr 17, 2015
So an informed analysis t.b Joshua made in 2013 comes to pass in 2015 and he now claims it as d coming to pass of his prophesy?
I thought prophesies are made for d yr it was made?Why didn't it come to pass in 2013 and 2014?
So if I now prophesy that today 2015 I see a an Al Shaba attack in Kenya,based on analysis of such attacks in d past,and in 2016 or 2017 or even 2018,there is such attack,I now can term myself a seer!
Yeye dey smell indeed!!

1 Like

Re: I Predicted South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks – TB Joshua by dodoniyi: 6:54pm On Apr 17, 2015
This self acclaimed and attention seeking Prophet again!!!
Re: I Predicted South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks – TB Joshua by Nobody: 6:58pm On Apr 17, 2015
TB Joshua, we need you to go to Ondo State & stop the epidemic that is ravaging that city with your 5000Naira holy water.
Re: I Predicted South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks – TB Joshua by Nobody: 7:03pm On Apr 17, 2015
I pity the gullible people that believe all these so called prophecies. It is obvious that they are just intelligent guesses. Imagine he said he see youths protesting and people will die. If we would ask, what is the probability that youths would protest at least once within a span of two years in a country like south africa? And what is likely to happen when youth protest other than deaths?

The painful thing is that these people forget the many guesses that didn't happen. If we take statistics of the prophecies that happen and those that didn't, we would see that there are no different from a typical gambler. Just that gullible people believe them, just like neighbour that for each year in the past 10 years, his pastor has been prophesying that it would be his year of financial breakthrough, but the breakthrough refuse to come. Next year his pastor will tell him same thing and the gullible mind would believe it.

Let me make my own prophesy, at least one of the telecom company would roll out a new tariff plan this year and one multinational company would run at a loss. gringringringrin and one of madrid, barcelona or bayern would win the champions league.

1 Like

Re: I Predicted South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks – TB Joshua by Chigold101(m): 7:13pm On Apr 17, 2015
ki02020:
he always does. Every doom that befalls the world of man, he will come up with a video where he predicted it. I pity his followers.

What he fails to understand is that this is not a youth revolt. This is an attack against foriegners & it was instigated by an old man. King of Zulu.

1 Like

Re: I Predicted South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks – TB Joshua by Chigold101(m): 7:15pm On Apr 17, 2015
ki02020:
he always does. Every doom that befalls the world of man, he will come up with a video where he predicted it. I pity his followers.

What he fails to understand is that this is not a youth revolt. This is an attack against foriegners & it was instigated by an old man. King of Zulu. Who incidentaly is a member of TB‘s church.

Maybe two of them even planned it.
Re: I Predicted South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks – TB Joshua by Nobody: 7:25pm On Apr 17, 2015
K
Re: I Predicted South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks – TB Joshua by MalcoImX: 7:33pm On Apr 17, 2015
When your structures are cracking, right behind your nose and you couldn't even notice it? I also predicted the collapse of your building.
Re: I Predicted South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks – TB Joshua by constance500: 8:34pm On Apr 17, 2015
It's like this man has a custom brain running in his head instead of the stock brain Make him just pullover
Re: I Predicted South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks – TB Joshua by heykims(m): 9:25pm On Apr 17, 2015
I'm not surprised because anytime I hear TB, what comes to mind is tuberculosis
That man has a way of fooling the ever gullible Nigerians
Professor of doom who couldn't even predict his mishap thereby killing d seemingly innocent masses, bribing journalists too
Crazy man he is

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Meets & Shakes Man Who Trekked From Lagos To Abuja (photos) / Live Photos-- President Jonathan takes Buhari on tour of Aso Villa / Nigerian Professor Produces Antivirt, Anti Viral Drug That Cures Hiv Aids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.