Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Xenophobia: Zambian Radio Station Stops Playing South African Music - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Xenophobia: Zambian Radio Station Stops Playing South African Music (21668 Views)

Woman Who Went Unclad In Protest For Zambian Opposition Leader Jailed. Photos / Zambian Minister On His Knees As President Lungu Talks To Him (Photo) / Zambian: I Have Sex With My Son Every Wednesday To Maintain His Riches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xenophobia: Zambian Radio Station Stops Playing South African Music by nenergy(m): 9:24pm On Apr 17, 2015
Saklekplus:
I JUST CALL MTN CUSTOMER CARE NOW, I SENT THEM TO THEIR MANAGEMENT THAT IF SOUTH AFRICA GOVT didn't do anything about xenophobic attack in SA btwn now and Monday ,me and my families wil destroy our mtn sim card and port to glo,

*omo come see the way dem dey beg me,telling that Nigeria and SA govt wil do something about it *

South Africa go learn, by the time other Africa start, especially giant of Africa grin
Yimu! smiley
Re: Xenophobia: Zambian Radio Station Stops Playing South African Music by Nobody: 9:34pm On Apr 17, 2015
But MTN fast die for my area,S.A make una no do oh before i port
Re: Xenophobia: Zambian Radio Station Stops Playing South African Music by meccuno: 9:34pm On Apr 17, 2015
Funny Nigerians.....we all witnessed what the elections In nigeria brought out.....that secret devil in us all......this was how xenophobia started......from tribal sentiments like go back to your village,deportation......if I don't belong to your religion you die......we do the same thing down here in Nigeria the only difference is that we haven't started using the tools such as guns and machete......we all saw what happened during the war.......we are all the same....we just don't want to admit
Re: Xenophobia: Zambian Radio Station Stops Playing South African Music by Obrafour(m): 9:51pm On Apr 17, 2015
14:

my point exactly

LOME, Togo, Feb. 1— Tens of thousands of
hungry and impoverished people who have been
expelled from Nigeria hurried today along the
seaside road that leads to the frontier with
ghana at the edge of this normally quiet West
African capital.
The refugees, expelled for economic and political
reasons by Nigeria, passed through Lome in
taxis, cattle trucks and on foot, most of them
men in their 20's, many of them carrying a single
suitcase as they walked along the Atlantic
coastal road.
Some two million unskilled foreign workers living
illegally in Nigeria were ordered to start leaving
by Monday. At least half of them were
Ghanaians, and others were from Mali, Chad,
Niger, Upper Volta, Benin and Togo. Under
international and African pressure, President
Shehu Shagari of Nigeria extended the expulsion
deadline for skilled foreigners, mostly
schoolteachers, until March 1.
President Shagari announced the expulsions Jan.
17, saying the foreigners were the cause of
economic problems and religious and racial
unrest. 16 Reported to Have Died
In Lagos, the Nigerian capital, at least 16 people
were reported to have died as a result of the
forced exit. Six people drowned in the Lagos
harbor Monday night trying to climb aboard
overcrowded ships leaving for Accra, ghana 's
capital. Ten refugees were said to have starved
to death.

At the frontier, Togolese guards let the refugees
pass by the thousands without a check. A
hundred yards away, by a concrete arch with the
words ''Welcome to ghana '' in large letters,
Ghanaian border guards appeared to be making
only cursory inspections of the refugees as they
entered. As one truck carrying perhaps 50
refugees crossed the border, the Ghanaians
cheered -but not loudly, more in relief than joy. A
boy waved a small Ghanaian flag from the back
of the truck.
http://www.nytimes.com/1983/02/02/world/by-
land-and-sea-they-stream-from-nigeria.htm

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Zambian Radio Station Stops Playing South African Music by oleeee(m): 9:53pm On Apr 17, 2015
Saklekplus:
I JUST CALL MTN CUSTOMER CARE NOW, I SENT THEM TO THEIR MANAGEMENT THAT IF SOUTH AFRICA GOVT didn't do anything about xenophobic attack in SA btwn now and Monday ,me and my families wil destroy our mtn sim card and port to glo,

*omo come see the way dem dey beg me,telling that Nigeria and SA govt wil do something about it *

South Africa go learn, by the time other Africa start, especially giant of Africa grin
funny u,,guy ur teeth too big
Re: Xenophobia: Zambian Radio Station Stops Playing South African Music by Ochek: 9:58pm On Apr 17, 2015
RANDYMUDA:
Are you people normal? Don't you say "Ghana must go"... what do you think that was? That was bigger Xenophobia than South Africa has practiced over the last 25 years. Even today you continue to say Ghana must go? Do you think people were not killed during that? Is Buhari not back in power now?? Africans are generally xenophobic and Nigerians are the leaders in Xenophobia

CHILD TAKE SEVERAL SEATS.. GO BACK AND LEARN HISTORY..

Ghana's president KOFI BUSAI in 1969 , enacted the aliens compliance and close to 500,000 where pushed out of GHANA, majorly NIGERIAN! Even at that, NIGERIA WELCOMED A LOT OF GHANIANS IN THE 70S during the oil boom. In 1983 Shagari who was a civilian president enacted the ejection of ghaniains as a austerity measure due to a crumbling economy... and as a retaliation towards JERRY RAWLINGS AMILITARY RULER WHO CLOSED GHANA BORDERS!! Nigerians did not kill GHANAIANS while at it!

Smoothcrim is not so smooth afterall.. Must be an alcoholic GUZZLING SAFRICAN!

What damn history are you talking about? Perhaps you need to be schooled. Go read your history berra and find that Nigeria only asked them to go and not killing and or burning fellow humans alive.
I hate to see ppl like you make statements that seem you sanction the deadly acts of the South African ppl.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Zambian Radio Station Stops Playing South African Music by Nobody: 10:24pm On Apr 17, 2015
Olamitisoji:
Yes anything for the pride of country thats why the Americans and the Britons will always be ahead, their citizens stand to protect their sovereign state. That's what we Nigerians lack we put our interest which is very bad. Its total selfishness

Keep dreaming, this is business, apologies will be tendered and business will be back. your solution is to close African companies in Nigeria that could lead to thousands of unemployment just because of an action of few. It's easier to say close the company because you and family are not dependent on them.
Re: Xenophobia: Zambian Radio Station Stops Playing South African Music by ignis: 10:30pm On Apr 17, 2015
Does that make any difference? the
Re: Xenophobia: Zambian Radio Station Stops Playing South African Music by babajero(m): 10:40pm On Apr 17, 2015
It will always be a particular region that will be spoiling the name of the country, just like boko haram, fulani cattle rearers killings, religious killing in the north they will tag it nigeria, spoiling the country's name.
Re: Xenophobia: Zambian Radio Station Stops Playing South African Music by dejol88: 10:44pm On Apr 17, 2015
#boycottmtnandshopriteon20th
Re: Xenophobia: Zambian Radio Station Stops Playing South African Music by Horus(m): 11:06pm On Apr 17, 2015
[img]http://cache.matrix.msu.edu/afractivist/big32-131-3B5-98-vancouver%20sticker.jpg[/img]

[size=17pt]Everybody should stop buying or using South African products[/size]

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Zambian Radio Station Stops Playing South African Music by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 2:49am On Apr 18, 2015
Uyi168:
Fellow africans inhibit ur country,u cal them 'foreigners'....while d whites,u referred to them as 'investors'.,.smh

Very deep

When it is not investors it the term expat ..

3 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Zambian Radio Station Stops Playing South African Music by otheloze: 5:54am On Apr 18, 2015
Ifa in partnership with Amadiaha would punish any body that refers to Buhari as a coupist have any body studied the antecedents of Shagari regime, how corrupt and clueless it was , his regime gave birth to the infamous "Ghana Must Go" which has constantly taunted Nigeria as having xenophobic tendencies how ever Nigeria is far from that
Re: Xenophobia: Zambian Radio Station Stops Playing South African Music by kayalla(f): 7:58am On Apr 18, 2015
thank God this is not just Nigeria issue, let all the other countries fight back and lets see how they will survive alone.
Re: Xenophobia: Zambian Radio Station Stops Playing South African Music by Julinze: 6:12pm On Apr 18, 2015
Dere coy's in Nigeria should be closed down
Re: Xenophobia: Zambian Radio Station Stops Playing South African Music by jamillion: 6:22am On Apr 19, 2015
[sub][/sub]
Olamitisoji:
If Nigerians can do this it will be great. Nigeria needs to stand up and show south africa its place. Let's kill their market in Nigeria. Boycott all south african establishments. DSTV, PEP, Games, Shop Rite, Stanbic, MTN, Rand Investment Bank, Spar, Park 'N' Shop. Together we can. Apart we cannot. Let's defend ourselves politely even if our government is not ready to.
if you do that you av given the victory to the devil, mind u SAns ar only being used by enemy and the king's the puppet of the perpetrators, who knows our foreign friends hands ar nt clean from this, I wnt call Names, but time will reveal
Re: Xenophobia: Zambian Radio Station Stops Playing South African Music by AAinEqGuinea: 5:08am On Apr 20, 2015
So the response from south Africans acting irrational against innocent foreigners is for foreigners to now act irrational against innocent south Africans?
Re: Xenophobia: Zambian Radio Station Stops Playing South African Music by 14(m): 7:44am On Apr 24, 2015
Horus:
[img]http://cache.matrix.msu.edu/afractivist/big32-131-3B5-98-vancouver%20sticker.jpg[/img]

[size=17pt]Everybody should stop buying or using South African products[/size]

Will it matter, i doubt
Re: Xenophobia: Zambian Radio Station Stops Playing South African Music by 14(m): 7:46am On Apr 24, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:
So the response from south Africans acting irrational against innocent foreigners is for foreigners to now act irrational against innocent south Africans?

so who will suffer at the end of the day
Re: Xenophobia: Zambian Radio Station Stops Playing South African Music by AAinEqGuinea: 12:16pm On Apr 24, 2015
14:

so who will suffer at the end of the day

Everyone, sadly
Re: Xenophobia: Zambian Radio Station Stops Playing South African Music by sostoz(m): 7:08pm On Apr 24, 2015
BUSHHUNTER:
THIS IS GOOD NEWS I CAN'T WAIT TO BURST THAT STUPlD SHOPRITE 4 IKEJA

SOUTH AFRI-CANS WANT WAR WE GIVE THEM ONE

can u match our military? u cnt even fight amateurs Boko Haram who cannot not even handle a gun
Re: Xenophobia: Zambian Radio Station Stops Playing South African Music by sostoz(m): 7:11pm On Apr 24, 2015
lol go to hell and tell satan we do not give a shit.
sa black wont wory about white mans shops
Re: Xenophobia: Zambian Radio Station Stops Playing South African Music by sostoz(m): 7:21pm On Apr 24, 2015
BUSHHUNTER:
THIS IS GOOD NEWS I CAN'T WAIT TO BURST THAT STUPlD SHOPRITE 4 IKEJA

SOUTH AFRI-CANS WANT WAR WE GIVE THEM ONE

can u match our military? u cnt even fight amateurs Boko Haram who cannot not even handle a gun

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Israel Attack: How Elon Musk’s X Removed Hamas-linked Accounts Over EU Law / Meet Kate Middleton's Royal Baby Number Three (photos) / Niger Republic Mourns 137 Victims After Deadliest Attack In Recent Memory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.