Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,711 members, 7,827,586 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

Drama As Two PDP Candidates Lay Claim To INEC Certificate Of Return In Enugu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Drama As Two PDP Candidates Lay Claim To INEC Certificate Of Return In Enugu (28777 Views)

Young Democratic Party's INEC Certificate And Vehicle / Photo:Chukwuemeka Ujam Caught With PVCs On March, Got INEC Certificate Of Return / Buhari's Motocade On His Way To Receive The Inec's Certificate Of Return Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drama As Two PDP Candidates Lay Claim To INEC Certificate Of Return In Enugu by Nobody: 8:52pm On Apr 17, 2015
Ikechukwu Ugwuegede and Patrick Asadu, both members of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), staged a mild drama at the head office of INEC in Enugu on Friday.

Both men presented themselves to collect the certificate of return for the Nsukka/Igboeze south federal constituency during the issuing of certificates of return to the governor-elect and national assembly members-elect.

Gladys Nwafor, the INEC national commissioner for Enugu, Imo and Ebonyi, refused to releas the certificate to either of them despite their pleas.

Ugwuegede and Asadu have been engulfed in a legal tussle over the party’s candidature for the election.

Asadu, a member of the house of representatives, secured a ruling at the federal high court sitting in Abuja recognising him as the right candidate for the election but Ugwuegede appealed the ruling.

Appealing to other elected officials to fulfill their campaign promises to the people, Nwafor described the day as unique for INEC and the government of the state.

“We are here to give certificates of return to whom the electorate has given the mandate to serve,” she said.

“It has not been an easy task for both the commission and the contestants. I call it a divine mandate to serve the people.

“Enugu state is one of the most peaceful states and I am happy to be associated with the state.”

In his acceptance speech, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, the governor-elect, promised to deliver selfless service to the people and take the state to the next level.

Ugwuanyi assured the people of a transparent and an all-inclusive government.

“On behalf of everyone elected, I will like to say a big thank you to the God of David and Abraham for making this day possible,” he said.

“We will not fail you. I want to thank INEC for delivering credible and transparent elections. The people have spoken and God has sealed it.”

Gilbert Nnaji who represents Enugu east and Chukwuka Utazi elected to represent Enugu north, received their certificates.

Other national assembly members-elect who received their certificates are Chime Oji (Enugu north/south), Kingsley Ebenyi (Enugu east/Isi-Uzo) and Chukwuemeka Ujam (Nkanu east/Nkanu west).

Stella Ngwu (Igboetiti/Uzo Uwani), Dennis Agbo (Udenu/Igboeze north) and Dennis Amadi (Udi/Ezeagu) also received their certificates.

Meanwhile, Ike Ekweremadu (Enugu west senatorial zone) and Toby Okechukwu (Oji River/Awgu/Aninri constituency) were absent during the presentation.

http://www.thecable.ng/2-pdp-members-struggle-inec-certificate
Re: Drama As Two PDP Candidates Lay Claim To INEC Certificate Of Return In Enugu by Udehpaschal1(m): 9:20pm On Apr 17, 2015
Lets see what the poster below me has to Say

1 Like

Re: Drama As Two PDP Candidates Lay Claim To INEC Certificate Of Return In Enugu by bastien: 10:19pm On Apr 17, 2015
Somebody's father

9 Likes

Re: Drama As Two PDP Candidates Lay Claim To INEC Certificate Of Return In Enugu by paulolee(m): 10:19pm On Apr 17, 2015
hmmmm
Re: Drama As Two PDP Candidates Lay Claim To INEC Certificate Of Return In Enugu by mrpackager(m): 10:20pm On Apr 17, 2015
.NEXT

1 Like

Re: Drama As Two PDP Candidates Lay Claim To INEC Certificate Of Return In Enugu by crownprince102: 10:20pm On Apr 17, 2015
PDP again?......

Lack of proper primary election.
So nobody won the primary or what is the cause of the drama.
Who among the two campaign and whose name is with INEC

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drama As Two PDP Candidates Lay Claim To INEC Certificate Of Return In Enugu by ocee31(m): 10:20pm On Apr 17, 2015
They for fight na

No be PDP people them be? Their party will be disappointed at them for not fighting

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drama As Two PDP Candidates Lay Claim To INEC Certificate Of Return In Enugu by Ahmed4002(m): 10:21pm On Apr 17, 2015
It's well. Certificate of return
With GMB am sure politics would be different this time around.
Slash of salary, etc

7 Likes

Re: Drama As Two PDP Candidates Lay Claim To INEC Certificate Of Return In Enugu by ijustdey: 10:21pm On Apr 17, 2015
this is real drama

1 Like

Re: Drama As Two PDP Candidates Lay Claim To INEC Certificate Of Return In Enugu by gen2briz(m): 10:21pm On Apr 17, 2015
In 9ice voice "political drama, politician fighting of certificate"

3 Likes

Re: Drama As Two PDP Candidates Lay Claim To INEC Certificate Of Return In Enugu by luluosas(m): 10:22pm On Apr 17, 2015
Hmm. Na waoh
Re: Drama As Two PDP Candidates Lay Claim To INEC Certificate Of Return In Enugu by efilefun(m): 10:22pm On Apr 17, 2015
The people of that region actually needs change but unfortunately they were against it... Only them inconclusive elections, booing a winner thou we all know he was mistakenly rigged alongside Jonathan) now see another drama smh PDP just wan drag una follow body enter grave

12 Likes

Re: Drama As Two PDP Candidates Lay Claim To INEC Certificate Of Return In Enugu by papaejima1: 10:22pm On Apr 17, 2015
Ok nah
Make the stronger ram knack down the other one.
Re: Drama As Two PDP Candidates Lay Claim To INEC Certificate Of Return In Enugu by pontirock(m): 10:22pm On Apr 17, 2015
KO kan aye jor

Re: Drama As Two PDP Candidates Lay Claim To INEC Certificate Of Return In Enugu by redcliff: 10:22pm On Apr 17, 2015
Udehpaschal1:

He said "somebody's father"

3 Likes

Re: Drama As Two PDP Candidates Lay Claim To INEC Certificate Of Return In Enugu by CherishedIma(f): 10:22pm On Apr 17, 2015
Abeg how come?
Re: Drama As Two PDP Candidates Lay Claim To INEC Certificate Of Return In Enugu by Nobody: 10:22pm On Apr 17, 2015
Hmmmmm...may God have mercy. Sometimes, I blame the judicial arm for some of these issues as one judge will say one thing and another say another. We may not be surprise that such cases will linger till 2019. Some of these delays are uncalled for. God bless Nigeria.

https://www.nairaland.com/2229678/apology-poor-network
Re: Drama As Two PDP Candidates Lay Claim To INEC Certificate Of Return In Enugu by Uwakuwak(f): 10:22pm On Apr 17, 2015
More of it please
Re: Drama As Two PDP Candidates Lay Claim To INEC Certificate Of Return In Enugu by mmafhew(m): 10:22pm On Apr 17, 2015
make i first buy land.. Before we knw wetin dey happen.. Fp tins
Re: Drama As Two PDP Candidates Lay Claim To INEC Certificate Of Return In Enugu by folabayo1(f): 10:23pm On Apr 17, 2015
Yeye people
Fidifis
I still maintain my fact dat Apc is d best party!
Team Apc for life

7 Likes

Re: Drama As Two PDP Candidates Lay Claim To INEC Certificate Of Return In Enugu by jamillion: 10:23pm On Apr 17, 2015
Political harlots....very barbaric
Re: Drama As Two PDP Candidates Lay Claim To INEC Certificate Of Return In Enugu by unapologetic: 10:23pm On Apr 17, 2015
Some people are not even worthy to contest in a Primary schools election.

1 Like

Re: Drama As Two PDP Candidates Lay Claim To INEC Certificate Of Return In Enugu by Nobody: 10:23pm On Apr 17, 2015
Pls when is May 29th coming?

I can't wait for change to start happening.
Some pple deserve daily koboko in dis country!

4 Likes

Re: Drama As Two PDP Candidates Lay Claim To INEC Certificate Of Return In Enugu by mcdokwe(m): 10:23pm On Apr 17, 2015
K
Re: Drama As Two PDP Candidates Lay Claim To INEC Certificate Of Return In Enugu by manny4life(m): 10:23pm On Apr 17, 2015
Seriously this lawlessness got to stop. angry

1 Like

Re: Drama As Two PDP Candidates Lay Claim To INEC Certificate Of Return In Enugu by willyrey: 10:23pm On Apr 17, 2015
Its a big shame this is happening in my state even in my own nsukka zone.....after we go dey shout say dem marginalise us,two agbayas.

4 Likes

Re: Drama As Two PDP Candidates Lay Claim To INEC Certificate Of Return In Enugu by Emeskhalifa(m): 10:24pm On Apr 17, 2015
Re: Drama As Two PDP Candidates Lay Claim To INEC Certificate Of Return In Enugu by akinboyepelumi9: 10:24pm On Apr 17, 2015
Shame!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Drama As Two PDP Candidates Lay Claim To INEC Certificate Of Return In Enugu by Pavore9: 10:25pm On Apr 17, 2015
Who wan miss Abuja largesse? cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Drama As Two PDP Candidates Lay Claim To INEC Certificate Of Return In Enugu by ionsman: 10:25pm On Apr 17, 2015
It can only happen in Pdp.....Yeye party

3 Likes

Re: Drama As Two PDP Candidates Lay Claim To INEC Certificate Of Return In Enugu by Rilwayne001: 10:25pm On Apr 17, 2015
Udehpaschal1:

@urSiggy.

The general doesn't need your vote, afterall the election is gone and we all know who finally won.

You can shove your vote in your azsz. Now, please change your signature angry

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abdullahi Bin-Abdul's Phone Stolen In Abuja / Northerners Should Not Join Others To Criticize Buhari – Emir Of Katsina / Fuel Subsidy Removal: The Time Is Now – Charly Boy Backs Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.