Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

How Is Light In Your Area? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Is Light In Your Area? (923 Views)

How Much Is One Litter Of Kerosene In Your Area ? / How Is The Light Situation In Your Area / And Finally, There Is Light! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Is Light In Your Area? by OrderBroker: 9:47pm On Apr 17, 2015
We can’t deny the importance of electricity in our daily lives and without it life can be frustrating. If you live in Nigeria, am sure you are used to all the emotions attached to not having electricity.

Everything looked well planned, but against the wind of change, it just couldn’t stand. Can a crumbling house cemented with saliva be saved from collapsing? Your guess is as good as mine. All the claims of new power plants are not justified to any length, what we see every day in the news is drop in mega watts produced.

For me the only good and civil thing in this end time of GEJ is the absence of PEJ (Chai you only you waka come, there’s Godooo, are they bus conductors shouting……) in the media―will be missed though. The electricity situation is same old same and you are worst off it, if you live in a cubicle (self-contain) like me.

There is a sharp difference in electricity availability in my area, looking at before and after the presidential elections―a hole that refused anyhow patching. Before election electricity in my area comes for 8-10 hours the best part mostly mid-night, after elections it is first, being rationed to two days on and one day off, then the two days added together, electricity usage is not up to 10 hours.

After managing to get some sleep in the night, a sudden feeling of you wrestling starts creeping on you, you snap out of it to your drenched bed and your face dripping sweat as if the shower just came down on you. This has been my story lately.
I remembered watching the documentary of a fish that generates great electric shocks (Eel fish), wondering if one of it will solve my problem, because my contribution (ajo) that am doing to buy a small generator (better pass my neighbor) has not gotten anywhere near it, not to talk of solar alternatives.

We can only hope for better days ahead and Nigeria will be more productive and successful as a nation with a better power situation.
Share your version of this story. How is light in your Area?
Re: How Is Light In Your Area? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Apr 17, 2015
My brother, since this year, I neva see light for my area o! I don buy two generators. One generator nor dey serve me well now.

Infact e, EEDC (NEPA) and NPF are the most useless establishments in Nigeria since independent
Re: How Is Light In Your Area? by Beesluv: 9:49pm On Apr 17, 2015
bad
Re: How Is Light In Your Area? by Bamoha(m): 9:51pm On Apr 17, 2015
right nw sef no light aswr undecided
Re: How Is Light In Your Area? by WisdomFlakes: 9:59pm On Apr 17, 2015
Past week has been terrible -- from last Sunday till yesterday (Thursday) we didn't smell "light", and when they finally brought it, it was just for 2-hrs and since up till now they've not brought it back.

If I didn't know better I would guess maybe GEJ's administration is punishing us for not voting for him grin . But then again, it's never really been stable.
Re: How Is Light In Your Area? by TRADELYN: 10:00pm On Apr 17, 2015
himkers:
My brother, since this year, I neva see light for my area o! I don buy two generators. One generator nor dey serve me well now.

Infact e, EEDC (NEPA) and NPF are the most useless establishments in Nigeria since independent
grin To get petrol buy na anoda problem. You have to beg and bribe. cry

Abi naa APC dey use insecurity and poor power supply+fuel scarcity take mess up Jona govt? undecided
Re: How Is Light In Your Area? by Rhozabeth(m): 10:21pm On Apr 17, 2015
My brida, the light situation has gone from bad to worse. B4 now we manage to ve 8hrs light in a day but now we will be lucky if we have 2hrs light. In 2days!!
Re: How Is Light In Your Area? by Bola4mi(f): 10:23pm On Apr 17, 2015
Worst
Re: How Is Light In Your Area? by Freelancer00(m): 10:23pm On Apr 17, 2015
1 hour 45 minutes per day. Blackout on weekends
Re: How Is Light In Your Area? by jmoore(m): 10:25pm On Apr 17, 2015
We get light for my neighborhood pass Aso Rock.
Re: How Is Light In Your Area? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Apr 17, 2015
It's quite okay in some areas but poor in others even within the same city. Fairly okay where I reside but for the rationing.

https://www.nairaland.com/2229678/apology-poor-network
Re: How Is Light In Your Area? by kolaaderin: 10:36pm On Apr 17, 2015
Jona government is a SERIOUS SCAM. Nigeria has been duped to stupur and am really glad we did not allow this to go further for another 4 years. Upon all the billions and the properties sold to themself and also runs on Nigerians money all we get is more darkness.

For goodness sake my Generator is toast on the JOB, it runs on full tank to full tank every 12 hours this is insane.
Re: How Is Light In Your Area? by swaggzo(m): 10:57pm On Apr 17, 2015
ENTIRELY POOR angry
Re: How Is Light In Your Area? by IbokUtoroh(m): 11:48pm On Apr 17, 2015
OrderBroker:
We can’t deny the importance of electricity in our daily lives and without it life can be frustrating. If you live in Nigeria, am sure you are used to all the emotions attached to not having electricity.

Everything looked well planned, but against the wind of change, it just couldn’t stand. Can a crumbling house cemented with saliva be saved from collapsing? Your guess is as good as mine. All the claims of new power plants are not justified to any length, what we see every day in the news is drop in mega watts produced.

For me the only good and civil thing in this end time of GEJ is the absence of PEJ (Chai you only you waka come, there’s Godooo, are they bus conductors shouting……) in the media―will be missed though. The electricity situation is same old same and you are worst off it, if you live in a cubicle (self-contain) like me.

There is a sharp difference in electricity availability in my area, looking at before and after the presidential elections―a hole that refused anyhow patching. Before election electricity in my area comes for 8-10 hours the best part mostly mid-night, after elections it is first, being rationed to two days on and one day off, then the two days added together, electricity usage is not up to 10 hours.

After managing to get some sleep in the night, a sudden feeling of you wrestling starts creeping on you, you snap out of it to your drenched bed and your face dripping sweat as if the shower just came down on you. This has been my story lately.
I remembered watching the documentary of a fish that generates great electric shocks (Eel fish), wondering if one of it will solve my problem, because my contribution (ajo) that am doing to buy a small generator (better pass my neighbor) has not gotten anywhere near it, not to talk of solar alternatives.

We can only hope for better days ahead and Nigeria will be more productive and successful as a nation with a better power situation.
Share your version of this story. How is light in your Area?

first whrr is ur area?
Re: How Is Light In Your Area? by ki02020(m): 12:31am On Apr 18, 2015
Truth be told aleast 10hrs of light aday but we are on 2day on 1day off ikontun alimosho(lagos)same light with synagorge church
Re: How Is Light In Your Area? by tayoxx(m): 12:55am On Apr 18, 2015
2hrs on 24 hrs off and atimes we no dey see light at all plus nepa bill of 7000naira....I dey gladly dey wait for the day wey any nepa staff go come say dem wan cut my light....
Re: How Is Light In Your Area? by mrofficial(m): 3:14am On Apr 18, 2015
All I can say is thank God for LG Gen Cool A/C. I don't have to disturb my neighbours at night with the noise of a big generator all because of A/C.

Nigeria is in complete darkness.
Re: How Is Light In Your Area? by mrofficial(m): 3:16am On Apr 18, 2015
ki02020:
Truth be told aleast 10hrs of light aday but we are on 2day on 1day off ikontun alimosho(lagos)same light with synagorge church

All this 2 days on, 1 day off thing. Someone will be risking his life everyday by going to the transformer to switch. Na wa for Naija.
Re: How Is Light In Your Area? by OrderBroker: 9:07am On Apr 18, 2015
mrofficial:

All this 2 day on, 1 days off thing. Someone will be risking his life everyday by going to the transformer to switch. Na wa for Naija.
Trust me they are getting good at it. Its the norm in some mainland area within Lagos.

(1) (Reply)

Sister Of Senator Uzodinma And 14 Others Arrested For Electoral Fraud In Imo / Graphic Photo: Fatal Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge / Pictures From The Second Eathquake That Hit NEPAL Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.