Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Death Has Robbed Me Of My Hero – Wife Of Soldier Slain By Boko Haram - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Death Has Robbed Me Of My Hero – Wife Of Soldier Slain By Boko Haram (850 Views)

Wife Of Zambia Man Who Is A Maid To Chinese Man Delivers Asian-looking Baby (pic / Malawian Journalist Accuses His Wife Of Being A Witch (Photo) / Wife Of LASU Lecturer Pregnant For Her Bricklayer Lover (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Death Has Robbed Me Of My Hero – Wife Of Soldier Slain By Boko Haram by Islie: 9:53pm On Apr 17, 2015
“It’s hard to say goodbye my captain and hero. Death has robbed me of you. You were a loving husband, a loving father, a loving brother and a loving son.
“That’s what you are and will always be. Death is what we all will face but you left us so suddenly.

“Your son couldn’t call you daddy, my heart bleeds. You died for us to have peace in this country, you will forever remain in our hearts. We love you but God loves you more because he took you to a place where there’s no bomb blast of Boko Haram or war.

“Continue to rest in the bosom of the almighty captain A O Edekin. Miss you so much.”

This was the lamentation of the Mrs. Ehigocho B. Edekin, wife of one of the soldiers who lost their lives during an encounter with the Boko Haram sect in Adamwa recently.

Captain Edekin, 30, alongside 7 others military personnel were killed by an explosive device planted by suspected Boko Haram foots soldiers near Michika last week.

To the young widow, the demise of her husband is still like a dream.

Speaking with DAILY POST on phone, the bereaved widow described the transition of her spouse as sad and shocking, saying that it was least expected.

“My brother, such is life. God knows the best. I still can’t believe my captain is no more. It looks like I am still dreaming. So sad that he can’t wait for our two months old son to grow to call him daddy. Death has really dealt with me. It is well my brother,” an emotion-laden Mrs. Edekin told our reporter on phone, Friday evening.

He was on Friday committed to mother earth in his country home of Sobe, Owan West Local Government Area of Edo State.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/04/17/death-has-robbed-me-of-my-hero-wife-of-soldier-slain-by-boko-haram/

Cc lalasticlala

Re: Death Has Robbed Me Of My Hero – Wife Of Soldier Slain By Boko Haram by Maczeelly(m): 9:54pm On Apr 17, 2015
Rip
Re: Death Has Robbed Me Of My Hero – Wife Of Soldier Slain By Boko Haram by Nobody: 9:54pm On Apr 17, 2015
May God comfort you and your son Dearie

1 Like

Re: Death Has Robbed Me Of My Hero – Wife Of Soldier Slain By Boko Haram by GboyegaD(m): 10:04pm On Apr 17, 2015
Almighty God, thou who hath most powerful, we pray thee to look upon our land to wipe out this menace called Boko Haram who in the last few years had ripped us of our loved ones. Bring back peace to our land and help us restore our lost glory. All this I ask in Jesus Name (Amen)

3 Likes

Re: Death Has Robbed Me Of My Hero – Wife Of Soldier Slain By Boko Haram by Beesluv: 10:08pm On Apr 17, 2015
eeya. rip man
Re: Death Has Robbed Me Of My Hero – Wife Of Soldier Slain By Boko Haram by sholikay(m): 10:19pm On Apr 17, 2015
Rip brave captain... *sobs* pls help me with white handkerchief.
Re: Death Has Robbed Me Of My Hero – Wife Of Soldier Slain By Boko Haram by Bola4mi(f): 10:20pm On Apr 17, 2015
Rip
Re: Death Has Robbed Me Of My Hero – Wife Of Soldier Slain By Boko Haram by ijustdey: 10:24pm On Apr 17, 2015
someone joy was cut short by those useless boys...

I pray that no one with cut our joy short IJN
Re: Death Has Robbed Me Of My Hero – Wife Of Soldier Slain By Boko Haram by Friedthunder(m): 10:29pm On Apr 17, 2015
R.i.p..

(1) (Reply)

Home Cleaning Service / South African Schoolboy Aged NINE Marries 62-year-old Woman – For Second Time… / Pregnant Corper Who Participated In Kcee's Dance Competition Welcomes Twins.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.