Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,772 members, 7,809,978 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:06 PM

Hot Cakes: These Are The Best And Most Rewarding Degree Courses In Nigeria - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Hot Cakes: These Are The Best And Most Rewarding Degree Courses In Nigeria (47908 Views)

20 Degree Courses With Best Employment Opportunities In Nigeria / 20 Degree Courses With Best Employment Opportunities In Nigeria / 20 Degree Courses With Best Employment Opportunities In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hot Cakes: These Are The Best And Most Rewarding Degree Courses In Nigeria by chimah3(m): 7:10pm On Apr 18, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
lol.. Even without a university education, you can acquire myriads of computer skills....... So its not necessary you attend a university for all those ICT courses.. You can acquire them from different ICT-based institutes (e.g. NIIT)

My guy be saying bullshit+ nonsense o! Don't think because you can use a computer that's it...there's more to it! E nu go! Likewise in anyoda course! I can bet u any1 can study any course by just reading d books online or off...n be good within months! But pls go to NIIT and apply 4 a good iCT job after...n see how ur ass grows old out of jobless ness!
Re: Hot Cakes: These Are The Best And Most Rewarding Degree Courses In Nigeria by airlord2020: 7:28pm On Apr 18, 2015
I keep on seeing this kind of thread opened from time to time. The first and most important is to have good grade not minding the course and secondly have relevant skills that will put u ahead of the rest if you are in the job market. Employers are only interested in the kind of quality service you can offer them . No employer is father Christmas.

1 Like

Re: Hot Cakes: These Are The Best And Most Rewarding Degree Courses In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:29pm On Apr 18, 2015
chimah3:

My guy be saying bullshit+ nonsense o! Don't think because you can use a computer that's it...there's more to it! E nu go! Likewise in anyoda course! I can bet u any1 can study any course by just reading d books online or off...n be good within months! But pls go to NIIT and apply 4 a good iCT job after...n see how ur ass grows old out of jobless ness!

u rep com. science or engineer
Re: Hot Cakes: These Are The Best And Most Rewarding Degree Courses In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:41pm On Apr 18, 2015
Medicine and surgery isn't difficult..try Dentistry and Dental surgery!
Re: Hot Cakes: These Are The Best And Most Rewarding Degree Courses In Nigeria by martineverest(m): 8:02pm On Apr 18, 2015
Great.....i rep uniben.....mechanical engr...
mulattoclaro:
Yes bros. Business Administration and management at Western Delta University, Oghara, Delta State. During my Nysc I did a professional course on HSE (Health and Safety Environment) under Nebosh. After Nysc I did a Master's degree program on Human Resources Management at the University of Saskatchewan, Canada.
Re: Hot Cakes: These Are The Best And Most Rewarding Degree Courses In Nigeria by Whizzcute(m): 8:19pm On Apr 18, 2015
Spymate:
help me educate them grin
lolz
Re: Hot Cakes: These Are The Best And Most Rewarding Degree Courses In Nigeria by Extom(m): 8:23pm On Apr 18, 2015
scachy:

As an economist,I guess u v had offer from different coy? grin grin
I smell sarcasm... undecided
Re: Hot Cakes: These Are The Best And Most Rewarding Degree Courses In Nigeria by Chinoble(f): 8:40pm On Apr 18, 2015
I REP BIOCHEMISTRY!
Re: Hot Cakes: These Are The Best And Most Rewarding Degree Courses In Nigeria by scachy(m): 8:58pm On Apr 18, 2015
Extom:

I smell sarcasm... undecided

No oo,don't say that nah. Just that job is very difficult in our country regardless of one's major.
Re: Hot Cakes: These Are The Best And Most Rewarding Degree Courses In Nigeria by intergral(m): 8:59pm On Apr 18, 2015
sexyjennik:

Repping mathematicians anyday
are a mathematician? cos am a proud mathematician
Re: Hot Cakes: These Are The Best And Most Rewarding Degree Courses In Nigeria by hottest111: 9:12pm On Apr 18, 2015
With wat u av posted now...Yoruba edu students are looking 4 bottle 2 break ur head grin
Re: Hot Cakes: These Are The Best And Most Rewarding Degree Courses In Nigeria by dyabman(m): 9:23pm On Apr 18, 2015
Whizzcute:
Incomplete list,where did you throw the ICT(Computer science,Database Administration Software technology etc)

Yea I was expecting that on the list
Re: Hot Cakes: These Are The Best And Most Rewarding Degree Courses In Nigeria by mojysiola(f): 9:28pm On Apr 18, 2015
[Proud to be an Economist.quote author=ALKARULEZZ post=32840325]1. Economics/Accounting/Finance

Accounting is actually the language of business. I’ll
say that Accounting is the pillar while Economics is
the post of every business venture. While
Accounting is the measurement, processing and
communication of financial information about
economic entities, Economics is the social science
that studies production, distribution, exchange and
consumption of goods and services, and the private
and public choices concerning the allocation of
scarce means and resources.

Every new day, new companies, business ventures
and firms are established in Nigeria, and none of
them can survive without good accounting, economic and financial administration and
management. Even though the demand is high, the overpowering population of graduates and professionals in this area make it look like its not so. If you employ some of the best means and strategies of job search, combined with good professional skills, you’ll definitely find ample opportunities and even stand chances of making choices.

Note:- You have to be a certified Mathematician for
you to be able to cope with Economics (even
Engineering students dey fear them).
[/quote]
Re: Hot Cakes: These Are The Best And Most Rewarding Degree Courses In Nigeria by Whizzcute(m): 9:30pm On Apr 18, 2015
dyabman:

Yea I was expecting that on the list
yeah,it should make atleast first 3rd in the list
Re: Hot Cakes: These Are The Best And Most Rewarding Degree Courses In Nigeria by ferdo20(m): 9:34pm On Apr 18, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
2. Engineering

This field of study encompasses all engineering areas of specializations. The fact is that some areas are more promising than the others depending on the country of residence. In a country like Nigeria, the chemical/petroleum engineers seem to be better placed than their counterparts who majored as civil, electrical and mechanical engineers when it comes to employment opportunities. But it is good to point out that the later group have better chances of becoming self employed than the former. Whatever the case, engineering as a whole is a very nice course to study in Nigeria. Engineers generally sell in the oil and gas industry, and are also asked for in other major industries.

Mr writer, u were unable to distinguish btw architecture and civil engineering. Almost all the functions u mentioned under architecture are the duties of a civil engineer. please be informed and guided.
Re: Hot Cakes: These Are The Best And Most Rewarding Degree Courses In Nigeria by Omowalksola(f): 9:48pm On Apr 18, 2015
So gud 2 b an #Economist
Re: Hot Cakes: These Are The Best And Most Rewarding Degree Courses In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:53pm On Apr 18, 2015
hottest111:
With wat u av posted now...Yoruba edu students are looking 4 bottle 2 break ur head grin
cheesy
Re: Hot Cakes: These Are The Best And Most Rewarding Degree Courses In Nigeria by soulhighman(m): 10:01pm On Apr 18, 2015
Whizzcute:
Incomplete list,where did you throw the ICT(Computer science,Database Administration Software technology etc)
You are so on point and he forgot that if this courses are based on employment opportunities, then he shouldn't have put the marketing/business management there cos even engineers and other science grads compete with these people for jobs as in the same position as graduate trainee in the same companies so far the person can deliver. We have seen engineers become bank managers. Even Zoologists. In short, in my own opinion, ICT should be number one, medicine number two, while engineering should be number three, then others can follow.Though some courses there should not make the list if it is based on job opportunities.
Re: Hot Cakes: These Are The Best And Most Rewarding Degree Courses In Nigeria by Whizzcute(m): 10:09pm On Apr 18, 2015
soulhighman:

You are so on point and he forgot that if this courses are based on employment opportunities, then he shouldn't have put the marketing/business management there cos even engineers and other science grads compete with these people for jobs as in the same position as graduate trainee in the same companies so far the person can deliver. We have seen engineers become bank managers. Even Zoologists. In short, in my own opinion, ICT should be number one, medicine number two, while engineering should be number three, then others can follow.Though some courses there should not make the list if it is based on job opportunities.
yes bro, before you call a course a HOT CAKE,it should simply be based on the Availability of its job ,Just like you said, ICT should come first
Re: Hot Cakes: These Are The Best And Most Rewarding Degree Courses In Nigeria by sexyjennik(f): 10:18pm On Apr 18, 2015
intergral:
are a mathematician? cos am a proud mathematician
Sure.graduated from Delsu 2012
Re: Hot Cakes: These Are The Best And Most Rewarding Degree Courses In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:53pm On Apr 18, 2015
no certificate on ICT can solely overshadow a bsc in computer science
Re: Hot Cakes: These Are The Best And Most Rewarding Degree Courses In Nigeria by intergral(m): 11:12pm On Apr 18, 2015
sexyjennik:

Sure.graduated from Delsu 2012
that's 9ce am in my final year...
Re: Hot Cakes: These Are The Best And Most Rewarding Degree Courses In Nigeria by kaybams1(m): 11:14pm On Apr 18, 2015
martineverest:
No mind op....op is 'over-deluded'.......i did engineering economics and accounting in my final year,they were both walk-over courses....inshort,we were given an assignment on cashbooks,balancesheet and trial balance.the assignment was so difficult dat we took it to accounting dept of uniben.none of dem could solve it,even dia lecturers sef....it was a professor of dat dept and uniben bursery dat were able to solve it....i could also rememba offering an entrepeneural course in my 4th yr @ skul,the course was a compulsory course for all dept..engineering students came out with d best result

Dude if you can pass just a semester course in Econometrics, or Advanced Mathematical Economics in a University that is worth its salt, then we can talk.

Engineering is pretty challenging no doubt, but thinking another course is a cake walk just because you were exposed to its soft parts is nothing short of ridiculous.
Re: Hot Cakes: These Are The Best And Most Rewarding Degree Courses In Nigeria by Pabloairmar(m): 11:40pm On Apr 18, 2015
Whr u put chemistry...commot dah business admin JAre....u don bath??
Re: Hot Cakes: These Are The Best And Most Rewarding Degree Courses In Nigeria by Jaypea98: 11:45pm On Apr 18, 2015
eddixJ:

Tellin you,,, someone studied zoology and working in an oil company…
Strange indeed! Some one also studied zoology and he is works in PDP
Re: Hot Cakes: These Are The Best And Most Rewarding Degree Courses In Nigeria by Owojuyi(f): 12:05am On Apr 19, 2015
Seriously?
This is so incomplete.....being hinest, what about International relations?
Re: Hot Cakes: These Are The Best And Most Rewarding Degree Courses In Nigeria by Tiffae: 2:56am On Apr 19, 2015
silvermania:
All you need is grace , one of my uncles read geology till date he's still searching for job while a female friend of mine read yoruba she's working with mtn and she's doing fine . So forget
dey follow yourself dey wine
Re: Hot Cakes: These Are The Best And Most Rewarding Degree Courses In Nigeria by martineverest(m): 6:11am On Apr 19, 2015
Dude...economics and accounting are walk over courses.dats just d fact
kaybams1:

Dude if you can pass just a semester course in Econometrics, or Advanced Mathematical Economics in a University that is worth its salt, then we can talk.

Engineering is pretty challenging no doubt, but thinking another course is a cake walk just because you were exposed to its soft parts is nothing short of ridiculous.
Re: Hot Cakes: These Are The Best And Most Rewarding Degree Courses In Nigeria by Oluwadarasimi(f): 7:57am On Apr 19, 2015
Proud to be an english student
Re: Hot Cakes: These Are The Best And Most Rewarding Degree Courses In Nigeria by govmentson(m): 9:04am On Apr 19, 2015
A doctor makes a mistake 1 life is at stake... an engineer makes a mistake a bunch of people are in trouble..a mistake by an economist renders the whole populace in jeopardy.. the field of economics is very delicate..you don't joke with it...Rationality is our watchword
Re: Hot Cakes: These Are The Best And Most Rewarding Degree Courses In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:17am On Apr 19, 2015
govmentson:
A doctor makes a mistake 1 life is at stake... an engineer makes a mistake a bunch of people are in trouble..a mistake by an economist renders the whole populace in jeopardy.. the field of economics is very delicate..you don't joke with it...Rationality is our watchword
tell 'em

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

An Owl Caught In A School Ceiling!!!! / Federal Polytechnic Oko Rag Day: Students Looking Like Mad Men / Osun State University Admission 2011/2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.