Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,758 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

Who Is 'jewesun' In Odu Oyeku-meji And Owonrin So'gbe - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is 'jewesun' In Odu Oyeku-meji And Owonrin So'gbe (26023 Views)

What Happened To Jewesun "Yeshua / Jesus" When He Did Not Offer Sacrifice To Esu / Why Oyeku Meji Children Dont Wear Caps / The Yoruba Odu. Eji Ogbe(oyinbo/whiteman). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is 'jewesun' In Odu Oyeku-meji And Owonrin So'gbe by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:59am On Apr 18, 2015
I came across a character call Jewesun in Odu Owonrin sogbe and Oyeku when I was surfing the interent some days ago. According to the Odus', Jewesun was said to be son of Ope (Ifa) and first child of Eledumare. Jewesun is said to be Jesus christ of the hebrews.

In Odu Oyeku Meji:

Atanpako ku re lese,
Gbogbo ara o jo rin pe
Bi aba pe oku ni popo,
Alaaye ni ng dahun
Adifa fun jewesun - ( Jesu - kristi )
ti nse okanbi Eledumare agotun
olomo ateni ola legelege f'ori sagbeji
nigba ti o nbe nigbatemu omo araye
ebo won ni ko se.
Ero po , ero ofa,
Eni gbe bo nbe ko to ju ohun ebo,
Ero po, ero o fa

The Oyeku meji verse in English

Absence of toes
make body move worstly
when death is called at way of a distance
It's living being that will response to the call
Cast Ifa for jewesun the son of Almighty
who place his mighties in mightiest in wealthies path
when he was amidst of enemies and he was told to make sacrifice,
In order to overcome the plot that was going to be hatched by human beings against him.

While in Odu Owonrin Sogbe:

Owonrin So
Ogbe So,
Adifa fun Orunmila
Baba nlo te Jewesun ni fa
Ebo won ni ko se,
Nje Jewesun se rere
Jewesun Omo ope.
Owonrin So, Ogbe So,

Translation in English

Owonrin divined
Ogbe divined
Diviners cast Ifa for Orunmila
when he wanted to pass jewesun into Ifa,
he was advice to make sacrifice.
Jewesun art wisely
Jewesun the son of Ope" Ifa"
Owonrin divined
Ogbe divined

Jewesun according to these two Odu is the son of Ope (what diviners commonly refer to as Ifa) and also been refer to as first child of Olodumare (the supreme God). However, lot of people interprete Jewesun to mean Jesus.

Jewesun literally mean 'let the leaf sleep'. I dont see that literally giving way for Jesus of hebrew. But the point from Jewesun is reffered to as son of God brought i confusion.

I know Ifa made mention of Imale in Odu Otua meji just like we have stories of Sango in Okanran meji. Imale mean muslims. My spiritual tutor confirm this but he is not ready to detail me. He also affirm that Christinity is touched in Ifa. He mentioned Oturupon and not Oyeku meji. The issue is that this old man is not ready to carry me along because I am not awo.

Notwithstanding, Jewesun from both odus does not seem to have relation with Jesus to me. It seems some folks are trying hard to force Hebrew myth into Yoruba spirituality.

But I seriously want to know who Jewesun is.

Is he the Hebrew Jesus?

Did Jesus meet Orunmila?

Or this is false odu fuss into Ifa?

Cc Macof, Ghostofsparta Pastoraio

3 Likes

Re: Who Is 'jewesun' In Odu Oyeku-meji And Owonrin So'gbe by Rilwayne001: 10:35am On Apr 18, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Jewesun according to these two Odu is the son of Ope (what diviners commonly refer to as Ifa) and also been refer to as first child of Olodumare (the supreme God). However, lot of people interprete Jewesun to mean Jesus.

Is "Ope" same as "Opele"?

Jewesun literally mean 'let the leaf sleep'. I dont see that literally giving way for Jesus of hebrew. But the point from Jewesun is reffered to as son of God brought i confusion.

@bolded thats exactly what I wanted to say.

Meanwhile, What's the meaning of "oturupon" ?

Must one become an "awo" before babalawo can enlighten one about all these things?
Re: Who Is 'jewesun' In Odu Oyeku-meji And Owonrin So'gbe by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:13am On Apr 18, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Is "Ope" same as "Opele"?

@bolded thats exactly what I wanted to say.

Meanwhile, What's the meaning of "oturupon" ?

Must one become an "awo" before babalawo can enlighten one about all these things?

Ope is palm tree. Ope is the samething with Ifa.

Otuutupon is like a book in Ifa. Just like Exodus is in bible.

To the baba awo, I am ogberi. So he has to tell me very little. Ifa is esoteric knowledge.

The man was just reciting Oriki very fast. I do not capture or have time to write anything down.

He said Omode ko foju bodu lasan lai sawo
Re: Who Is 'jewesun' In Odu Oyeku-meji And Owonrin So'gbe by Rilwayne001: 12:03pm On Apr 18, 2015
[quote author=FOLYKAZE post=32849635]

Ope is palm tree. Ope is the samething with Ifa. [/quote

So what is "opele"?

Otuutupon is like a book in Ifa. Just like Exodus is in bible. To the baba awo, I am ogberi. So he has to tell me very little. Ifa is esoteric knowledge… The man was just reciting Oriki very fast. I do not capture or have time to write anything down.

All right

He said Omode ko foju bodu lasan lai sawo

Why Can't you simply join "awo" and become a "babalawo" ?

1 Like

Re: Who Is 'jewesun' In Odu Oyeku-meji And Owonrin So'gbe by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:27pm On Apr 18, 2015
Rilwayne001:
So what is "opele"?

Opele is divination chain.

Becoming Babalawo or Ajawesanu or Onisegun will only be dictated by my Ori.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is 'jewesun' In Odu Oyeku-meji And Owonrin So'gbe by Rilwayne001: 1:04pm On Apr 18, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

I watched a yoruba movie a very long time aho like that, opele was said to be human being (one of the apprentice of ifa), when he started receiving bribe from ifa customers, ifa got angry and turned him to a divination chain.

Is that^^ true?

So how will you know if your "ori" dictate such profession?

Did you ever check your "akosejaye" ?
Re: Who Is 'jewesun' In Odu Oyeku-meji And Owonrin So'gbe by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:10pm On Apr 18, 2015
Rilwayne001:

I watched a yoruba movie a very long time aho like that, opele was said to be human being (one of the apprentice of ifa), when he started receiving bribe from ifa customers, ifa got angry and turned him to a divination chain.

Is that^^ true?

I have watched the same movie. It is Osa eleye. That is simply movie.

Ori lonise. . . .ibi ori gbemi re, ki ese mi ma kona.

My parents did checked my Isekojaye. I have not done it myself.
Re: Who Is 'jewesun' In Odu Oyeku-meji And Owonrin So'gbe by Rilwayne001: 1:15pm On Apr 18, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

I have watched the same movie. It is Osa eleye. That is simply movie. Ori lonise. . . .ibi ori gbemi re, ki ese mi ma kona. My parents did checked my Isekojaye. I have not done it myself.

All right smiley
Re: Who Is 'jewesun' In Odu Oyeku-meji And Owonrin So'gbe by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:29pm On Apr 18, 2015
Rilwayne001:

All right smiley

What can you say about Jewesun?
Re: Who Is 'jewesun' In Odu Oyeku-meji And Owonrin So'gbe by Rilwayne001: 2:46pm On Apr 18, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

What can you say about Jewesun?

Well, I'm still thinking about the literal meaning of "jewesun" as you noticed up there i.e. 'let the leaf sleep' is not in anyway compatible with Jesus. Perhaps it means "peace", don't you think?

1 Like

Re: Who Is 'jewesun' In Odu Oyeku-meji And Owonrin So'gbe by dominicson: 2:57pm On Apr 18, 2015
I think you have a very long way to go, and I doubt you can be enlightened on this issue without you first becoming a student initiate of Ifa.

Aside Jewesun, you should also learn some Ifa verses that discuss Ela and Imi.

I tell you Jesus the son of Marry, Jesus the son Eledumare and all did appear in Ifa corpus time countless.

I hereby encourage you to proceed in your quest for knowledge, bet you are going to enjoy it.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is 'jewesun' In Odu Oyeku-meji And Owonrin So'gbe by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:31pm On Apr 18, 2015
dominicson:
I think you have a very long way to go, and I doubt you can be enlightened on this issue without you first becoming a student initiate of Ifa.

I tell you Jesus the son of Marry, Jesus the son Eledumare and all did appear in Ifa corpus time countless.

I hereby encourage you to proceed in your quest for knowledge, bet you are going to enjoy it.

I really have interest learning Ifa but I dont have enough time for that. My job not giving me timespace.

Pray tell me sir, how did Jesus who could have existed 2000yrs ago in Israel meet Orunmila who live 10,000 yrs ago in Ile-ife? Can you also share your knowledge about Jesus in Ifa with us? I have an interest in this.

I have a strong passion for Ifa. And I know that in the day not far, I will have my Ikin.

Orisha a'gbe wa.

1 Like

Re: Who Is 'jewesun' In Odu Oyeku-meji And Owonrin So'gbe by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:34pm On Apr 18, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Well, I'm still thinking about the literal meaning of "jewesun" as you noticed up there i.e. 'let the leaf sleep' is not in anyway compatible with Jesus. Perhaps it means "peace", don't you think?

Akobi Eledumare is compatible with Jesus.

That is the issue
Re: Who Is 'jewesun' In Odu Oyeku-meji And Owonrin So'gbe by macof(m): 9:38pm On Apr 18, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Is that^^ true?

Yes Opele in history was a human being, Orunmila's slave. It just so happens that Orunmila named his divination chain - Opele or as you said turned him into his divination chain
Re: Who Is 'jewesun' In Odu Oyeku-meji And Owonrin So'gbe by macof(m): 9:56pm On Apr 18, 2015
dominicson:

I know how many try to create confusion with Ela
Ela is a person who brings enlightenment and progress to his people - Orunmila is also called Ela

Imi was a woman Orunmila met in a market, she died and Orunmila buried her hence "Isinmi" the Yoruba word for rest
Imi is also "to breath" how does this relate with "Mary"?

Am certain this is a ploy to fuse some Christian stuff into Ifa tradition

1 Like

Re: Who Is 'jewesun' In Odu Oyeku-meji And Owonrin So'gbe by Nobody: 10:16pm On Apr 18, 2015
dominicson:

Flat lie!

Organized religion slave alert!

2 Likes

Re: Who Is 'jewesun' In Odu Oyeku-meji And Owonrin So'gbe by Nobody: 10:24pm On Apr 18, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Wrong!

Every family in Yorubaland is linked to one deity or the other. By default, every Yoruba man should be a member of his lineage's awo.

In addition, Ifa is the guidebook for every individual in Yoruba land and by default everyone should tefa/wo igbo odu.

Being a babalawo is when you initiaye Ifa and become part of an Ijo. You can initiate Ifa, learn Odu and interpretations for personal day to day use from random babalawos and not be affiliated to any awo. The reason why many become babalawo (member of an Ijo/awo) is to enable them deepen their knowledge in Ifa which is extremely broad.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is 'jewesun' In Odu Oyeku-meji And Owonrin So'gbe by Nobody: 10:27pm On Apr 18, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Akobi Eledumare is compatible with Jesus.

That is the issue

Akobi eledumare is Obatala.

The deity who work (ed/s) with eledumare to carve Ori (individual dynamics) and the only deity that owns the ase.

Psssssssst!
Re: Who Is 'jewesun' In Odu Oyeku-meji And Owonrin So'gbe by Nobody: 10:30pm On Apr 18, 2015
dominicson:

Ela was the god that brough writing to Ife. Has nothing to do with Jesus.
Re: Who Is 'jewesun' In Odu Oyeku-meji And Owonrin So'gbe by Nobody: 10:33pm On Apr 18, 2015
macof:

I know how many try to create confusion with Ela
Ela is a person who brings enlightenment and progress to his people - Orunmila is also called Ela

Imi was a woman Orunmila met in a market, she died and Orunmila buried her hence "Isinmi" the Yoruba word for rest
Imi is also "to breath" how does this relate with "Mary"?

Am certain this is a ploy to fuse some Christian stuff into Ifa tradition

In addition, Imi also means faeces

1 Like

Re: Who Is 'jewesun' In Odu Oyeku-meji And Owonrin So'gbe by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:21am On Apr 19, 2015
9jacrip:

Akobi eledumare is Obatala.

The deity who work (ed/s) with eledumare to carve Ori (individual dynamics) and the only deity that owns the ase.

Psssssssst!

Wrong Sir.

Unless you give us some backup, there is nowhere in Ifa corpus that is stated that Obatala is Akobi Olodumare. I repeat, Obatala is not akobi Olodumare unless you prove otherwise. Right I know that Obatala was the one Olodumare gave the creation task to in the fisrt place. This does not make him the first child.

Ajala was the one that carved Ori not Obatala. Obatala was the one that moulded Ara while Ogun moulded Egun (bone).

Esu owns the whole Ase as he is the one Olodumare gave the ase to.
Re: Who Is 'jewesun' In Odu Oyeku-meji And Owonrin So'gbe by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:28am On Apr 19, 2015
9jacrip:

Wrong!

Every family in Yorubaland is linked to one deity or the other. By default, every Yoruba man should be a member of his lineage's awo.

There is nothing wrong here sir. Been a babalawo or Onisegun as my chosen career would have to align with what my Ori have in place for me. How would I know if I am to become Ode (hunter) and not Onisegun without my Ori?

Ori lo nise

9jacrip:

In addition, Ifa is the guidebook for every individual in Yoruba land and by default everyone should tefa/wo igbo odu.

Itefa and going to Igbo Odu is for initiates.

9jacrip:

Being a babalawo is when you initiaye Ifa and become part of an Ijo. You can initiate Ifa, learn Odu and interpretations for personal day to day use from random babalawos and not be affiliated to any awo. The reason why many become babalawo (member of an Ijo/awo) is to enable them deepen their knowledge in Ifa which is extremely broad.

I guess this is what my people call "gba'fa". In general term, they will say 'O ko Ifa kuro ninu epo'. I know that this can be done by random Babalawo BUT this people do not 'gbo' Ifa. They have the Ikin to which they make sacrifice to. They do not know about divination.

1 Like

Re: Who Is 'jewesun' In Odu Oyeku-meji And Owonrin So'gbe by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:30am On Apr 19, 2015
macof:

Yes Opele in history was a human being, Orunmila's slave. It just so happens that Orunmila named his divination chain - Opele or as you said turned him into his divination chain

I dont think the account his real.

It more like metaphoric expression for teaching.
Re: Who Is 'jewesun' In Odu Oyeku-meji And Owonrin So'gbe by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:32am On Apr 19, 2015
9jacrip:

Flat lie!

Organized religion slave alert!

And this Jewesun is what pls?
Re: Who Is 'jewesun' In Odu Oyeku-meji And Owonrin So'gbe by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:39am On Apr 19, 2015
9jacrip:

Ela was the god that brough writing to Ife. Has nothing to do with Jesus.

@ bold

Do you really mean Yoruba people have ability of writing? Can you pls show us example of our alphabet outside the latin-yoruba ABD? How did we lost this?

And again, I thought Orunmila is the same individual called Ela. I was suprised when I was reading Asa ati Orisa, I came across one Orisha called which is different from Orunmila. Meanwhile in Ifa corpus from Oju Odu, Orunmila is been referred to as Ela. Which is wrong or right?

Who is Jewesun?

I hope you know that Ifa made mention of Slave trade between Yoruba people and Larubawa and Oyinbo? I hope you know Ifa made mention of Imale? So why is Jesus different?
Re: Who Is 'jewesun' In Odu Oyeku-meji And Owonrin So'gbe by macof(m): 3:15am On Apr 19, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

I dont think the account his real.

It more like metaphoric expression for teaching.

Ehn that's possible.
Re: Who Is 'jewesun' In Odu Oyeku-meji And Owonrin So'gbe by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:48am On Apr 19, 2015
macof:

Ehn that's possible.

Do you remember that Orunmila is called 'erigi alo'?

The stories in Ifa may be real but most are not real.

What ya about Jewesun?
Re: Who Is 'jewesun' In Odu Oyeku-meji And Owonrin So'gbe by Nobody: 7:39am On Apr 19, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

@ bold

Do you really mean Yoruba people have ability of writing? Can you pls show us example of our alphabet outside the latin-yoruba ABD? How did we lost this?

And again, I thought Orunmila is the same individual called Ela. I was suprised when I was reading Asa ati Orisa, I came across one Orisha called which is different from Orunmila. Meanwhile in Ifa corpus from Oju Odu, Orunmila is been referred to as Ela. Which is wrong or right?

Who is Jewesun?

I hope you know that Ifa made mention of Slave trade between Yoruba people and Larubawa and Oyinbo? I hope you know Ifa made mention of Imale? So why is Jesus different?

Give me odus these were mentioned please?

Yes, the writing still exists. If you go to the temple in Ife, you'll see those that were retained.

1 Like

Re: Who Is 'jewesun' In Odu Oyeku-meji And Owonrin So'gbe by Nobody: 7:56am On Apr 19, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Wrong Sir.

Unless you give us some backup, there is nowhere in Ifa corpus that is stated that Obatala is Akobi Olodumare. I repeat, Obatala is not akobi Olodumare unless you prove otherwise. Right I know that Obatala was the one Olodumare gave the creation task to in the fisrt place. This does not make him the first child.

Ajala was the one that carved Ori not Obatala. Obatala was the one that moulded Ara while Ogun moulded Egun (bone).

Esu owns the whole Ase as he is the one Olodumare gave the ase to.

Ha LOL!

Obatala, alamorere tin mori omotuntun, jo wa bi wa tun ori wa se.

Bros, I cannot give you proofs since you're not an Obatala initiate.

Esu does not own ase.

Obatala, Alabalase.

He is the one every other deities go to for ase.

Ogun did not make bones bros, his only role was that he paved way for Orisas when coming down to earth and he was war like.

You're mixing these things up.

I hate using online sources for discussions such as these as most writers are surface but google 'Alabalase' or ask your awo.
Re: Who Is 'jewesun' In Odu Oyeku-meji And Owonrin So'gbe by Nobody: 8:16am On Apr 19, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

There is nothing wrong here sir. Been a babalawo or Onisegun as my chosen career would have to align with what my Ori have in place for me. How would I know if I am to become Ode (hunter) and not Onisegun without my Ori?

Ori lo nise

Itefa and going to Igbo Odu is for initiates.

I guess this is what my people call "gba'fa". In general term, they will say 'O ko Ifa kuro ninu epo'. I know that this can be done by random Babalawo BUT this people do not 'gbo' Ifa. They have the Ikin to which they make sacrifice to. They do not know about divination.

You're not getting my point baba.

I have not stated being initiated has to do with having it as a career or for job, no.

Every Yoruba person in order to be guided along what ori itself expect of us is expected to tefa, bo ifa, wo igbo odu, learn and be able to inteprete these odus all of which would be to the use of the individual everytime he wakes up every morning to know what the ori requires for the day, things to be expected and things to be done.

Owning an Ifa will let you know if you're meant to be an Ode, what type of animals you should hunt, days you should go and things to do before going out to hunt.

Modernity is the reason many confuse Ifa to be a thing reserved for certain people.

Either one you do, a member of an awo but most people do in order to learn deeper Ifa odus, herbs, rituals etc.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is 'jewesun' In Odu Oyeku-meji And Owonrin So'gbe by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:49am On Apr 19, 2015
9jacrip:

Give me odus these were mentioned please?

Yes, the writing still exists. If you go to the temple in Ife, you'll see them that were retained.

Do you have the book Oju Odu merindinlogun?

I can only cite pages of the book as my reference. I cannot type the whole stuff here.

Which temple pls? There are lot of temple in Ife.
Re: Who Is 'jewesun' In Odu Oyeku-meji And Owonrin So'gbe by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:22am On Apr 19, 2015
9jacrip:

Ha LOL!

Obatala, alamorere tin mori omotuntun, jo wa bi wa tun ori wa se.

Bros, I cannot give you proofs since you're an Obatala initiate.

Esu does not own ase.

Obatala, Alabalase.

He is the one every other deities go to for ase.

Ogun did not make bones bros, his only role was that he paved way for Orisas when coming down to earth and he was war like.

You're mixing these things up.

I hate using online sources for discussions such as these as most writers are surface but google 'Alabalase' or ask your awo.

I get most of info from books.

Wande Abimbola is a respected babalawo which you I believe you know very well.

I dont really want to argue this with you but I think it is seriously needed.

According to Wande Abimbola, Esu has all the Ase to which he gives Orisha. In page vi of Oju Odu, he wrote in the book that Orunmila does not have bone in his body. And Orunmila has to use Ase from Esu if he really wants to do anything. Abimbola narrate the story of Eleye when they were coming to Aye. The Eleye asked Orunmila that back to Aye to which Orunmila replied them that he has no bone. But after relentless plea, Orunmila too Ashe from Esu and he brought the Eleye to Aye. In page xxiii, it is noted there that all the ajoguns are Esu servant and Esu delivers sacrifice to them. Samething happens to Orishas. It is Esu duty to take sacrifice to them and he takes 5% for himself. So Esu is the mediator between Ajogun, Orisha and we humans. And it boldy written there that Esu ni alase fun gbogbo Orisa. I guess you are mixing Orisha-nla up with Oni-ashe.

On creation, in page xiii titled oro nipa ori, ese ati aya; it is stated there that Orisanla (Obatala) built the body (ara), Olodumare gave the lifeless body Emi whil Ogun moulded the bone. And in Ajala house we took our Ori from. According to the write-up, in Odu Ogbegunda, the story of how we choose our Ori is told there. Ajala is said to be drunkard and debtor who handle Ori carelessly when mudding it.

I want you to know that Orunmila is been refer to as 'odudu ti i duri emere, T'o tun ori eni sunwon se'. Does this make Orunmila maker of Ori?

In Asa ati Orisa, there is a song there that touched Obatala as been creator of body.

Eni s'oju s'emu
Orisa ni ma a sin
Adani b'o ti ri
Orisa ni ma a sin

as for asking my awo. I dont have a particular awo. I have a friend who is initiated. That is own Ifa which I do follow up when he want to consult his baba. The oldman will only give me chance to ask things from Ifa. Any other questions wont be answered. He will only turn me around with big proverb and songs that hold no meaning to me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Masquerade Shouts ‘Jesus Christ’ As Guard Dog Nearly Attacks Him (video) / Prophet Tb Joshua On Tbn / I Want To Know About The Freemasons. Are They Really Satan Worshippers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.