Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,758 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:58 AM

An Open Letter To Gov. Isiaq Abiola Ajimobi. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter To Gov. Isiaq Abiola Ajimobi. (868 Views)

Abiola Ajimobi Carrying His Twin Grandchildren / Gov. Abiola Ajimobi Dares Olubadan Of Ibadan / Abiola Ajimobi's Daughter, Jibola, Weds (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To Gov. Isiaq Abiola Ajimobi. by Iamdagreatguy(m): 1:56pm On Apr 18, 2015
Sir, I shall first start by congratulating you on your victory in the just concluded elections as you mount the magnanimous seat of governorship which graciously grants you the 2nd term opportunity to serve the great people of Oyo State.

The purpose of this letter is to serve as an eye opener to certain issues of cogency. Even when it seemed like you might not win the just concluded election,myself alongside some friends of mine who apparently happen to be die hard fans of yours and who strongly believe in you and against all odds worked tirelessly to ensure your success at the polling booths. Though we did that out of personal convictions and the developments we could see , which are part of your numerous achievements.

However,our parents who are pensioners and civil servants instructed us not to support you, telling us that you deceived them to have paid their pension, yet we decided to give you a benefit of doubt.

We supported you also to the detriment of one of your opponents who gave us the first bursary we ever received as indigenes of Oyo state,which has never occurred in about five years of our stay in tertiary institution of which our colleagues from sister states in the southwest collect bursary(e.g, Ekiti, Ondo,Ogun), yet we still ignored that and blindly supported you.

Convincing people that we didn't receive a dime from any APC stalwarts was an herculean task. Even up till now, we still have people who still don't believe us.

Though in church, our pastor advised us against supporting you,as a member of our church was contesting. Yet, we ignored his advise and went ahead to support and even vote for you.

Though the water corporation you repaired couldn't supply water to our houses due to so many bursted pipes on the highways in which whenever the water corporation decides to provide water for us, they mess up the streets like it just rained, yet, we still campaigned and canvassed for you.

Sir, you have tried in so many areas of governance and judging from my own assessment and discretion, as well as the record from history, you are the best governor ever in Oyo state (Kudos to you on this). Peace which has departed Oyo state systematically returned during your tenure. The Restoration bridge at Awolowo Bodija of which before the construction, a lot of people lost their lives (especially during the raining season in 2011); the overhead bridge at Mokola; the magic you performed at Iwo-road (which was once rowdy,"jampacked" area with miscreant thugs and touts and never a safer place suddenly became safe; The greens in Oyo state; Ajumose bus; renovation and construction of new school buildings; the lifting of two satellite campus of polytechnic Ibadan, the one in Saki to the status of Oke-Ogun Polytechnic, Eruwa to Ibarapa polytechnic; dualization of major roads in Oyo state; and lots more,to mention but a few.

Sir, with all due respect,I urge you to forgive the civil servants who voted against you. I want you to know that we, who are their children worked assiduously for you. If you decide to hoard their salaries, we are the ones who will be at the receiving end ( just like when two horses are fighting, the grass is always the one that suffers).

Also, the Pensioners are aged people who have served the state in various capacities. For rest is supposed to be sweet after labour. Therefore, they need money for their upkeep as well as their families'. Sir, I kindly urge you to please pay them, release their pension funds and gratuity. We who are their children are really suffering.

Also Sir, the rate at which "okada" accidents occur on a daily basis is quite alarming, the gory sight is usually ghastly and hospitals are usually very reluctant to give victims of "Okada" accidents quick attention. In my own opinion sir, I think "okadas" should be banned from some major highways, but please sir don't ban them without providing alternative work for them. Create job for them or make provision for tricycle for them at a subsidized hire purchase rate.

Sir, pls kindly look into the following issues: The drivers and conductors of Ajumose buses need serious training on their behaviours and on how to manage their temperaments. They are more or less like garage touts who believe they can address people anyhow.

Also, our streets and highways need to be illuminated with street lights at night.

Finally sir, please kindly look into the issue of bursary, we need this stipends from government to make life easier for us in school,since education is no more free in Nigeria.

I know and I'm happy that you're a loving and caring father, a mentor and performer who will definitely yearn to the cry of his people, and I have this personal conviction that this letter will get to you and you will act fast on all that have been stated above.

Thanks in anticipation for your action sir.

Once again congratulations on your victory,which invariably is our victory.

Hon. Afolabi Albert Opeoluwa
Member, Obafemi Awolowo University
Student Representative Council (SRC)
2013/2014 academic session.
Dgr8t2510@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Gov. Isiaq Abiola Ajimobi. by donnn: 8:46pm On Apr 18, 2015
kudos
Re: An Open Letter To Gov. Isiaq Abiola Ajimobi. by Iamdagreatguy(m): 5:47pm On Apr 19, 2015
donnn:
kudos

Thanks,,I just hope it gets to him.
Re: An Open Letter To Gov. Isiaq Abiola Ajimobi. by KHAYGOLD(m): 6:05pm On Apr 19, 2015
Please also make sure you provide job for the teeming youth which I am also one. I won't mind to be one of your aides or special adviser on how to talk to elders. Thanks and may God give you long life and divine health.
Re: An Open Letter To Gov. Isiaq Abiola Ajimobi. by Iamdagreatguy(m): 7:52pm On Apr 19, 2015
KHAYGOLD:
Please also make sure you provide job for the teeming youth which I am also one. I won't mind to be one of your aides or special adviser on how to talk to elders. Thanks and may God give you long life and divine health.

Job provision should be one of the topmost Priorities of his 2nd term.
Thanks for that addition

(1) (Reply)

Kidnapping Is Our Family Business, Nanny Tells Police-thepunch Pictures / Buhari To Jonathan, Deziani: I Will Probe NNPC Missing $20 Billion / The Imo State University Owerri To Lose Nuc Accreditation For 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.