Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,260 members, 7,822,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Who Is God??..... Part 1 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is God??..... Part 1 (2949 Views)

There Is God And He Answers Prayer / Sermon Jotters: 50 Awesome Characteristics Of Our God {part 2}-dr. D.k Olukoya / Sermon Jotters: 50 Awesome Characteristics Of Our God {part 1}-dr. D.k Olukoya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is God??..... Part 1 by Akin1212(m): 2:07pm On Apr 18, 2015
Every sane human being with a mind of its own one way or the other must have come across this thought in their lifetime. While some will just wave it away and stick to the religious views, some will go further to research deeply with the hope of establishing the existence of God. Those who wave it away belong to the group of people who fear God and don’t want to annoy Him and those who do otherwise are seen as fearless and rude to God.
There are many arguments to prove and disprove the existence of God, many theists and atheists have been involved in heated argument without success in convincing one another, however the belief of the existence of the supernatural is exclusively personal. Agnosticism states that it is impossible to know if God exists or not, strong atheism states God does not exist, de facto atheism states that God almost certainly does not exist, strong theism states God exist while weak theism believes in the existence of God but states it cannot be proven nor disproven. It is worthy of note however that the existence of God is not unconnected with the existence of the enemy of God, Lucifer. Disproving God is disproving Lucifer, the existence of Lucifer stems from the existence of God. So we can say those who disproves God are actually not working for Lucifer, but are trying to establish the facts in which life is built. Existence means the state of being real, actual or current rather than imagined, invented or obsolete. No one has ever seen God, none living or dead has ever laid his eyes on him, but close encounters have been recorded in religious books, the Bible and the Quran, where prophets have been said to hear from God. That can certainly be subjected to criticism, but not today of course.
Stephen Hawking and co-author Leonard Mlodinow state in their book, The Grand Design. That it is reasonable to ask who or what created the universe, but if the answer is God, then the question has merely been deflected to that of who created God. Both authors claim however, that it is possible to answer these questions purely within the realm of science, and without invoking any divine beings
Nontheism holds that the universe can be explained without any reference to the supernatural, or to a supernatural being. Some non-theists avoid the concept of God, whilst accepting that it is significant to many; other non-theists understand God as a symbol of human values and aspirations. The nineteenth-century English atheist Charles Bradlaugh declared that he refused to say "There is no God", because "the word 'God' is to me a sound conveying no clear or distinct affirmation”; he said more specifically that he disbelieved in the Christian god. Stephen Jay Gould proposed an approach dividing the world of philosophy into what he called "non-overlapping magisteria" (NOMA). In this view, questions of the supernatural, such as those relating to the existence and nature of God, are non-empirical and are the proper domain of theology. The methods of science should then be used to answer any empirical question about the natural world, and theology should be used to answer questions about ultimate meaning and moral value. In this view, the perceived lack of any empirical footprint from the magisterium of the supernatural onto natural events makes science the sole player in the natural world
Another view, advanced by Richard Dawkins, is that the existence of God is an empirical question, on the grounds that "a universe with a god would be a completely different kind of universe from one without, and it would be a scientific difference Carl Sagan argued that the doctrine of a Creator of the Universe was difficult to prove or disprove and that the only conceivable scientific discovery that could disprove the existence of a Creator would be the discovery that the universe is infinitely old.
Different religions have different views of God, from the Abrahamic conceptions of God which includes monotheism in Judaism, the Trinitarian view of Christians and the Islamic conception of God. The views of God in Hinduism vary by region, sect and caste, ranging from monotheistic to polytheistic to atheistic.
Personally I find some fault in the Islamic and Christian description of God, He is portrayed as an imperfect being but pronounced perfect, maybe due to insufficient understanding of His being or the fear of going deep into unravelling the mystery. The two religions teaches that God created humans and also teaches against fornication. It can be authoritatively stated that He definitely understands the biology of the human body, why then does the body develop sex organs just in time to commit fornications? A perfect God who doesn’t want His people to fornicate will make sex organs develop after they get married. I know most of you will take it back to Adam and Eve, they caused it right? Okay check this out, god created Adam and Eve and put them in the Garden of Eden, did He not know they were going to eat from the tree of good and bad despite warning them? If you say no, then you mean God doesn’t know the future, and if you say yes then you mean God is wicked. WHAT DO YOU THINK??
STAY TUNED
CAVEAT: THE USE OF UPPER CASE LETTER L FOR lucifer DOES NOT DENOTE OR CONNOTE ANYTHNG FOR THE ENTITY KNOWN AS lucifer.

www.extraordinarybeings..com
Re: Who Is God??..... Part 1 by newsomtin(m): 2:13pm On Apr 18, 2015
Akin1212:
Every sane human being with a mind of its own one way or the other must have come across this thought in their lifetime. While some will just wave it away and stick to the religious views, some will go further to research deeply with the hope of establishing the existence of God. Those who wave it away belong to the group of people who fear God and don’t want to annoy Him and those who do otherwise are seen as fearless and rude to God.
There are many arguments to prove and disprove the ....existence of God, many theists and atheists have been involved in heated argument without success in convincing one another, however the belief of the existence of the supernatural is exclusively personal. Agnosticism states that it is impossible to know if God exists or not, strong atheism states God does not exist, de facto atheism states that God almost certainly does not exist, strong theism states God exist while weak theism believes in the existence of God but states it cannot be proven nor disproven. It is worthy of note however that the existence of God is not unconnected with the existence of the enemy of God, Lucifer. Disproving God is disproving Lucifer, the existence of Lucifer stems from the existence of God. So we can say those who disproves God are actually not working for Lucifer, but are trying to establish the facts in which life is built. Existence means the state of being real, actual or current rather than imagined, invented or obsolete. No one has ever seen God, none living or dead has ever laid his eyes on him, but close encounters have been recorded in religious books, the Bible and the Quran, where prophets have been said to hear from God. That can certainly be subjected to criticism, but not today of course.
Stephen Hawking and co-author Leonard Mlodinow state in their book, The Grand Design. That it is reasonable to ask who or what created the universe, but if the answer is God, then the question has merely been deflected to that of who created God. Both authors claim however, that it is possible to answer these questions purely within the realm of science, and without invoking any divine beings
Nontheism holds that the universe can be explained without any reference to the supernatural, or to a supernatural being. Some non-theists avoid the concept of God, whilst accepting that it is significant to many; other non-theists understand God as a symbol of human values and aspirations. The nineteenth-century English atheist Charles Bradlaugh declared that he refused to say "There is no God", because "the word 'God' is to me a sound conveying no clear or distinct affirmation”; he said more specifically that he disbelieved in the Christian god. Stephen Jay Gould proposed an approach dividing the world of philosophy into what he called "non-overlapping magisteria" (NOMA). In this view, questions of the supernatural, such as those relating to the existence and nature of God, are non-empirical and are the proper domain of theology. The methods of science should then be used to answer any empirical question about the natural world, and theology should be used to answer questions about ultimate meaning and moral value. In this view, the perceived lack of any empirical footprint from the magisterium of the supernatural onto natural events makes science the sole player in the natural world
Another view, advanced by Richard Dawkins, is that the existence of God is an empirical question, on the grounds that "a universe with a god would be a completely different kind of universe from one without, and it would be a scientific difference Carl Sagan argued that the doctrine of a Creator of the Universe was difficult to prove or disprove and that the only conceivable scientific discovery that could disprove the existence of a Creator would be the discovery that the universe is infinitely old.
Different religions have different views of God, from the Abrahamic conceptions of God which includes monotheism in Judaism, the Trinitarian view of Christians and the Islamic conception of God. The views of God in Hinduism vary by region, sect and caste, ranging from monotheistic to polytheistic to atheistic.
Personally I find some fault in the Islamic and Christian description of God, He is portrayed as an imperfect being but pronounced perfect, maybe due to insufficient understanding of His being or the fear of going deep into unravelling the mystery. The two religions teaches that God created humans and also teaches against fornication. It can be authoritatively stated that He definitely understands the biology of the human body, why then does the body develop sex organs just in time to commit fornications? A perfect God who doesn’t want His people to fornicate will make sex organs develop after they get married. I know most of you will take it back to Adam and Eve, they caused it right? Okay check this out, god created Adam and Eve and put them in the Garden of Eden, did He not know they were going to eat from the tree of good and bad despite warning them? If you say no, then you mean God doesn’t know the future, and if you say yes then you mean God is wicked. WHAT DO YOU THINK??
STAY TUNED
CAVEAT: THE USE OF UPPER CASE LETTER L FOR lucifer DOES NOT DENOTE OR CONNOTE ANYTHNG FOR THE ENTITY KNOWN AS lucifer.
Re: Who Is God??..... Part 1 by alotofgrace(m): 2:30pm On Apr 18, 2015
Why do u want to know?
Re: Who Is God??..... Part 1 by Akin1212(m): 5:16pm On Apr 18, 2015
What do you want to say ?
Re: Who Is God??..... Part 1 by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:33pm On Apr 18, 2015
I am God.

So what is the problem

1 Like

Re: Who Is God??..... Part 1 by davien(m): 7:10pm On Apr 18, 2015
You said there are many arguments to prove that a "god" exists, can you list one akin1212?
Re: Who Is God??..... Part 1 by Akin1212(m): 8:35pm On Apr 18, 2015
FOLYKAZE:
I am God.

So what is the problem
you really are God and after reading you still cant figure out what the ish is? So much for being god tho
Re: Who Is God??..... Part 1 by Akin1212(m): 9:10pm On Apr 18, 2015
davien:
You said there are many arguments to prove that a "god" exists, can you list one akin1212?
if you are referring to me then i think you dont understand the write up. i didnt say anything about a god, i'm talking about the supernatural being we all or some of us refer to as GOD
Re: Who Is God??..... Part 1 by davien(m): 9:44pm On Apr 18, 2015
Akin1212:

if you are referring to me then i think you dont understand the write up. i didnt say anything about a god, i'm talking about the supernatural being we all or some of us refer to as GOD
re-read your write-up again, how can you prove that a "god" exists?

There are many arguments to prove and disprove the ....existence of God
Re: Who Is God??..... Part 1 by harakiri(m): 9:52pm On Apr 18, 2015
There are people (mostly europeans) who have little or zero inclination towards supernatural beliefs thus not everyone thinks or rather imagines the god concept. Furthermore there is a wide array of religions which include diverse sects and methods of worship a.k.a doctrine. While adherents of one religion imagine theirs to be a white man wearing white robes sitting on a golden throne others see a fat guy with sleepy eyes meditating. At the end, its all man made hence diverse perpectives on the god conceot.
Re: Who Is God??..... Part 1 by Akin1212(m): 12:27am On Apr 19, 2015
davien:
re-read your write-up again, how can you prove that a "god" exists?

You still don't understand, A God not a god
Re: Who Is God??..... Part 1 by Akin1212(m): 12:28am On Apr 19, 2015
harakiri:
There are people (mostly europeans) who have little or zero inclination towards supernatural beliefs thus not everyone thinks or rather imagines the god concept. Furthermore there is a wide array of religions which include diverse sects and methods of worship a.k.a doctrine. While adherents of one religion imagine theirs to be a white man wearing white robes sitting on a golden throne others see a fat guy with sleepy eyes meditating. At the end, its all man made hence diverse perpectives on the god conceot.
Does it mean there might not really be a God ? Maybe all these man made stories are based on nothing ?
Re: Who Is God??..... Part 1 by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:40am On Apr 19, 2015
Akin1212:

you really are God and after reading you still cant figure out what the ish is? So much for being god tho

If your God knows what the ish is, why do you guys always pray to him?

Does that stop him from been God?
Re: Who Is God??..... Part 1 by johnydon22(m): 12:49am On Apr 19, 2015
Akin1212:

Is their any different between a Dog and a dog. . or a Pope and a pope?
Re: Who Is God??..... Part 1 by johnydon22(m): 12:52am On Apr 19, 2015
Akin1212:

and he wants you to mention to him the arguments that can be used to prove the existence of a god.
Re: Who Is God??..... Part 1 by Akin1212(m): 12:57am On Apr 19, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

If your God knows what the ish is, why do you guys always pray to him?

Does that stop him from been God?
is there a God or god that people dont pray to?

johnydon22:

Is their any different between a Dog and a dog. . or a Pope and a pope?

this is not applicable here, because there is only one animal called dog altho different species. but then there
Re: Who Is God??..... Part 1 by Akin1212(m): 12:59am On Apr 19, 2015
Lol
Re: Who Is God??..... Part 1 by johnydon22(m): 1:05am On Apr 19, 2015
Akin1212:

this is not applicable here, because there is only one animal called dog altho different species exist. but then you will agree that there are different gods, so there is a difference between God and god

Their are many types of dogs with difference in them and they differ in names so you cannot say this one is a Dog and this a dog.

same goes to god concepts, their are thousands of with differences and names. . so you cant say this one is a god and this one is a God.. their isnt any different cus all are deities.. Their are no difference between God and god.

(capital D or small d in dog doesnt change the meaning, same goes to god or God, capital G means nothing cus God is not a name of any particular deity, its a distinction they all share)

so if you wanna differentiate between the god concepts, mention the name of that particular deity you are referring to...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is God??..... Part 1 by macof(m): 3:46am On Apr 19, 2015
Akin1212:

Try to listen to those who know better than you
There's no difference others than the capitalisation
Re: Who Is God??..... Part 1 by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:46am On Apr 19, 2015
Akin1212:

is there a God or god that people dont pray to?

Stop fooling yourself bro. Capitalization doesnot make a God anything special.

Even your bible attest that God is god.
Re: Who Is God??..... Part 1 by Jamean(f): 9:46am On Apr 19, 2015
A senseless debate!

The name of God and the church of Christ is His Pearl. If it was worth His blood, then it is paramount, special, and vital to Him.

Lets stop permitting all absurdity, turning scriptures to gain points and debating spiritual matters with a canal mind. If we want to be entertained then let's leave the place He has chosen to put His name; the assembly of called out ones, the gathering of His elect.

If we want to catch some fun lets go to the beach, lounge or park, for #ItsChurchNotTheatre#.

We say we see not our signs, we say we lack power, but yet we are...
Re: Who Is God??..... Part 1 by Nobody: 10:21am On Apr 19, 2015
I would rather believe in a Goddess.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is God??..... Part 1 by Akin1212(m): 4:31pm On Apr 19, 2015
macof:

Try to listen to those who know better than you
There's no difference others than the capitalisation
Lol, seriously ? I think you should listen more to yourself. "There's no difference other than the capitalisation".. Isn't the capitalisation a difference ?
The difference the capitalisation gives is what I'm talking about, you can't overlook it
Re: Who Is God??..... Part 1 by Akin1212(m): 4:33pm On Apr 19, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Stop fooling yourself bro. Capitalization doesnot make a God anything special.

Even your bible attest that God is god.
I would be a fool if I agree with you bro, Capitalisation means everything, if some are written as gods and one is referred to as God. Then it means a lot. Common sense says if there is a difference then there is a difference... at least to those who believe it
Re: Who Is God??..... Part 1 by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:05pm On Apr 19, 2015
Akin1212:

I would be a fool if I agree with you bro, Capitalisation means everything, if some are written as gods and one is referred to as God. Then it means a lot. Common sense says if there is a difference then there is a difference.. Think

And the confirmation that u knw the difference is that u said the bible said God is god which means to some extent you know the difference.. And also pls point it out in the bible....

Thanks for the challenge

Exodus 22:28

King James Bible reads
Thou shalt not revile the gods, nor curse the ruler of thy people.

English Standard Version reads
“You shall not revile God, nor curse a ruler of your people.

KJV reads thou shall not revile gods while ESV reads thou shall not revile God. This is coming from the same Exo 22:28 and it proves they are one. That is what is been referred to as gods is the samething as God. Unless you want to prove the bible is wrong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is God??..... Part 1 by macof(m): 5:08pm On Apr 19, 2015
Akin1212:

Lol, seriously ? I think you should listen more to yourself. "There's no difference other than the capitalisation".. Isn't the capitalisation a difference ?
The difference the capitalisation gives is what I'm talking about, you can't overlook it

How were you taught to write? Am sure your English teachers took time to tell you to always begin a noun with capitalisation, so writing "god" is a sign of idiocy or lack of education

In real sense however, just as Goat and goat mean the same thing, so does God and god

Try being open to knowledge
Re: Who Is God??..... Part 1 by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:15pm On Apr 19, 2015
Jamean:
A senseless debate!

The name of God and the church of Christ is His Pearl. If it was worth His blood, then it is paramount, special, and vital to Him.

Lets stop permitting all absurdity, turning scriptures to gain points and debating spiritual matters with a canal mind. If we want to be entertained then let's leave the place He has chosen to put His name; the assembly of called out ones, the gathering of His elect.

If we want to catch some fun lets go to the beach, lounge or park, for #ItsChurchNotTheatre#.

We say we see not our signs, we say we lack power, but yet we are...

You are not following the biblical laid doctrine but trying hard to runaway from getting your a.ss exposed.

1 Peter 3:15-16
New International Version (NIV)
15 But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,
16 keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander.

The Op is asking whom God is. And we are pressing to expose that your bible God is a common deity with the bible.

It gone be fun

1 Like

Re: Who Is God??..... Part 1 by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:17pm On Apr 19, 2015
macof:

How were you taught to write? Am sure your English teachers took time to tell you to always begin a noun with capitalisation, so writing "god" is a sign of idiocy or lack of education

In real sense however, just as Goat and goat mean the same thing, so does God and god

God is not a proper noun
Re: Who Is God??..... Part 1 by Akin1212(m): 5:47pm On Apr 19, 2015
macof:

Hmmm laughable......
How about the ones started with lower case eg god.. I know nouns starts with upper case, but in the case of God and god, it serves a purpose. You should be the one opening yourself to knowledge...
Re: Who Is God??..... Part 1 by Akin1212(m): 5:49pm On Apr 19, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

You are not following the biblical laid doctrine but trying hard to runaway from getting your a.ss exposed.

1 Peter 3:15-16
New International Version (NIV)
15 But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,
16 keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander.

The Op is asking whom God is. And we are pressing to expose that your bible God is a common deity with the bible.

It gone be fun
You are talking about Jesus, Jesus is not God.. Lord doesn't mean God. You are mixing it up in your mind I guess..
Re: Who Is God??..... Part 1 by macof(m): 6:02pm On Apr 19, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Thanks for the challenge

Exodus 22:28

King James Bible reads
Thou shalt not revile the gods, nor curse the ruler of thy people.

English Standard Version reads
“You shall not revile God, nor curse a ruler of your people.

KJV reads thou shall not revile gods while ESV reads thou shall not revile God. This is coming from the same Exo 22:28 and it proves they are one. That is what is been referred to as gods is the samething as God. Unless you want to prove the bible is wrong.

Elohim or elohim it makes no difference. Christians should seek knowledge
Re: Who Is God??..... Part 1 by macof(m): 6:09pm On Apr 19, 2015
Akin1212:

Hmmm laughable......
How about the ones started with lower case eg god.. I know nouns starts with upper case, but in the case of God and god, it serves a purpose. You should be the one opening yourself to knowledge...
So we all should go crazy because of such religious sentiments

Take this in...

Jehovah is a God
Zeus is a God
Obatala is a God

Yet in the original Bible - Hebrew language, the word Elohim is used in all cases
whether Yahweh o, or Baal...all we called Elohim

Stop ur nonsense. People who know better than u are talking

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Checkout This Spiritual Banner Spotted In Benin City, Edo State / Eagles Fly Alone. Pigeons Flock Together. / Lucifer Is Not Satan Or The Devil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.