Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,698 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

There Is God And He Answers Prayer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There Is God And He Answers Prayer (11967 Views)

Worry Never Changes Anything, Prayer Does. God Answers Prayer. / It's Only God And Apostle Suleman's Wife That Can Condemn Him / God Answers Prayer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Is God And He Answers Prayer by Nobody: 8:19am On Apr 04, 2016
I know there are those who don't believed in the existence of the Almighty God. Hilariously, these set of people will tell you God Bless You

To me, there is God and my Allegiance is to Him and Him alone. I have experienced him in my little ways.

I came to Portharcourt in 2011 to work as a security man. The man whom I was to work for, said am good to be a security man. I ended up being a domestic boy with the promise of assisting me in school. 2013. He asked me to leave his house. No money, no house, no relative. I called on God. He answered

I got a work in a fast food joint, placed on a salary scale of 14600. Three months later, I got an interview message from a job I applied in 2012 but was denied (Didn't apply again). One of the interviewer asked me to go home without interviewing me. I called on God, another interviewer called me aside and took my details. I got that job earning 55k

When I rented my first house, I slept on the floor with cartoons. Today, I have a well furnished self con that I hardly sleep on with a very big bed

2013, I lost my father, no cash for burial. I called on Him, my boss in the office gave me a huge sum which was used to execute the burial

2014, I secured admission, that same month, I mistakenly wasted some diesel, to everyone amazement, the admin gave me a debit of 168k. Life was tough. Hunger wan finish me. I almost forfeit my admission. I called on God, He sent someone who placed me on his scholarship.

Today, even the devil knows am blessed

Friends, there is God. Depend on Him and you will never be disappointed.
Shalom

Modified: was actually debited 228k.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by delishpot: 8:22am On Apr 04, 2016
Hallelujah! God is indeed alive.
Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by ettaetta(m): 8:22am On Apr 04, 2016
God is good
Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by ettaetta(m): 8:23am On Apr 04, 2016
God is Good
Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by Olasco93: 8:25am On Apr 04, 2016
Yes. We all have amazing testimonies of God's goodness, faithfulness and kindness.
#The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God... Psalm 14:1

1 Like

Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by Purerealist: 10:08am On Apr 04, 2016
If you have a dictionary there I would inquire you to look up the meaning of coincidence and when you are at it ask yourself why all the other prayers you prayed never come to pass, because according to ur post you only mentioned the prayers that came to pass. If prayers is for real, please ask yourself why does it have a limit? Why is it that some prayers can never be answered? Some prayers like healing an amputee, healing a person without eyes, raising people from the dead, flying to save someone from a burning building, turning back the hands of time, changing your sex and so on. When you realize that all these cannot be solved by prayers but by scientific researches your common sense should tell you prayer is just wishful thinking that sometimes happen as a coincidence. PLEASE! Educate yourself.

4 Likes

Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by cloudgoddess(f): 10:13am On Apr 04, 2016
Purerealist:
If you have a dictionary there I would inquire you to look up the meaning of coincidence and when you are at it ask yourself why all the other prayers you prayed never come to pass, because according to ur post you only mentioned the prayers that come to pass. If prayers is for real, please ask yourself why does it have a limit? Why is it that some prayers can never be answered? Some prayers like healing an amputee, healing a person without eyes, raising people from the dead, flying to save someone from a burning building, turning back the hands of time, changing your sex and so on. When you realize that all these cannot be solved by prayers but by scientific researches your common sense should tell you prayer is just wishful thinking that sometimes happen as a coincidence. PLEASE educate yourself.
I second everything here.

OP it's a great thing that your life improved. But for every story like yours, there are 100 more of people who's prayers did NOT get answered - people with much more trying situations than yours. People die by the droves daily from various unfair causes, but God specifically chose to help your financial issues and not them?

Also there are many nonbelievers, past & present, who are living fantastic, prosperous, peaceful lives and do not rely on prayer to do so.

1 Like

Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by Seun(m): 10:39am On Apr 04, 2016
If you pray to the sky for rain every morning, a day will come when rain will fall. That does not mean the sky is alive and answers prayers.

19 Likes 6 Shares

Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by lekkie073(m): 10:55am On Apr 04, 2016
Seun:
If you pray to the sky for rain every morning, a day will come when rain will fall. That does not mean the sky is alive and answers prayers.
hmmmmm this ur comment carry weight o....
R u saying ......
there is no God; or
He doesnt answer prayers..?
Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by ademoladeji(m): 11:00am On Apr 04, 2016
Seun:

Confused!!!

Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by Shollyps(m): 11:19am On Apr 04, 2016
Seun:
nice one....god knows what you need already

but no...you must pray n pray n pray..

no...that's not enough ...fast n fast. n fast ...for 7days or 40days...till you become like broom.....but still you won't get answers...sey na deaf god...prayer will only works when that thing is bond to happen anyway...just by chance

2 Likes

Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by Shollyps(m): 11:22am On Apr 04, 2016
Olasco93:
Yes. We all have amazing testimonies of God's goodness, faithfulness and kindness.
#The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God... Psalm 14:1
no...this ones dey type. am on nairaland Ni...not in their heart....so no be us the bible is talking about
Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by Shollyps(m): 11:37am On Apr 04, 2016
cloudgoddess:

I second everything here.

OP it's a great thing that your life improved. But for every story like yours, there are 100 more of people who's prayers did NOT get answered - people with much more trying situations than yours. People die by the droves daily from various unfair causes, but God specifically chose to help your financial issues and not them?

Also there are many nonbelievers, past & present, who are living fantastic, prosperous, peaceful lives and do not rely on prayer to do so.
lol....the only hope believers have is their imaginary after life......they know deep down that an unbeliever can be more successful than them even without prayer n their god....you don't need prayer to succeed.... it is even funny to me because prayer is like telling god...sir,..I don't like your plan for me...I will pray so that you can change it...or...sir,god,you are too slow in doing things,do quick n answer me jor...or..god,you are too forgetful... don't you remember your plan for me?wen an unbeliever is more successful... the next thing for them to say is......all is vanity...lol

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by Nobody: 12:33pm On Apr 04, 2016
Seun:
so you do not believe that there is a God who answers prayers?
Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by Weah96: 12:55pm On Apr 04, 2016
juhan:
so you do not believe that there is a God who answers prayers?

That should be one of the easiest claims to prove in this life.

Read your Bible well. People who made this claim in the Bible always followed it up by doing something magical, like performing resurrections or calling down fire from the sky.

3 Likes

Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 04, 2016
Weah96:

That should be one of the easiest claims to prove in this life.

Read your Bible well. People who made this claim in the Bible always followed it up by doing something magical, like performing resurrections or calling down fire from the sky.

wait, you don't also believe in God
Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by danbrowndmf(m): 1:05pm On Apr 04, 2016
Seun:
are u an atheist sir?
Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by Shollyps(m): 1:06pm On Apr 04, 2016
juhan:
are you surprised?...lol.

there are more than 30 known atheist on this forum...so don't be too surprise... we don't believe in god!!!

3 Likes

Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by Weah96: 1:09pm On Apr 04, 2016
juhan:

Define God. There are different ones. Muslims also believe in God who tells them to kill unbelievers.

1 Like

Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by joseph1832(m): 1:11pm On Apr 04, 2016
Seun:
LMFAO!.
Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by Nobody: 1:13pm On Apr 04, 2016
Weah96:

Define God. There are different ones. Muslims also believe in God who tells them to kill unbelievers.
okay do u believe in Jesus then?
Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by Nobody: 1:16pm On Apr 04, 2016
Shollyps:
are you surprised?...lol.

there are more than 30 known atheist on this forum...so don't be too surprise... we don't believe in god!!!
waow really? So u dnt go to church? Wait, what makes you think there is no God?
Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by lepasharon(f): 1:41pm On Apr 04, 2016
undecided

2 Likes

Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by Weah96: 1:51pm On Apr 04, 2016
juhan:
okay do u believe in Jesus then?

No. Only the Spanish one who used to play for City. Jesus Navas, look him up. He's a super winger and crosser of the ball.

2 Likes

Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by Nobody: 2:21pm On Apr 04, 2016
Purerealist:
If you have a dictionary there I would inquire you to look up the meaning of coincidence and when you are at it ask yourself why all the other prayers you prayed never come to pass, because according to ur post you only mentioned the prayers that came to pass. If prayers is for real, please ask yourself why does it have a limit? Why is it that some prayers can never be answered? Some prayers like healing an amputee, healing a person without eyes, raising people from the dead, flying to save someone from a burning building, turning back the hands of time, changing your sex and so on. When you realize that all these cannot be solved by prayers but by scientific researches your common sense should tell you prayer is just wishful thinking that sometimes happen as a coincidence. PLEASE! Educate yourself.

Before I secured admission, I have been seeking for it for like 6 years.
I scored high on my Jamb, prayed, but didn't get admission.

When I finally secured admission, it dawned on me that my admission was delayed due for a reason. Sponsorship.

That's why God moved me to Portharcourt so I can meet with my destiny helper.

God is a master strategies. He sometines delayed our prayers cos he has a better plan.

Is not coincidence, is not wishful thinking

1 Like

Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by Nobody: 2:27pm On Apr 04, 2016
Weah96:

No. Only the Spanish one who used to play for City. Jesus Navas, look him up. He's a super winger and crosser of the ball.
hmmm im praying for you......
Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by Nobody: 2:30pm On Apr 04, 2016
Truth is, God knows our need, he wants us to come to him through prayer.

Prayer is a form of submitting ourselves to him.

When we talk about prayer, it doesn't necessarily means gathering and start shouting.

The Bible said He is able to do, all that we ask and THINK.

Everybody prays.

There is no neutral being in this world.

If you ain't praying to God, u are praying to the devil

But, the answer of God is supreme

1 Like

Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by evolg(m): 2:31pm On Apr 04, 2016
Seun:
Seun, ur comparison is wrong. U don't compare a sculpture to its sculptor. And yes, God is real. All u need is an Encounter with Him because u can convince me of what i'v bin taught and what i'v learnt bt sir, u can't convince me of what i've experienced.

1 Like

Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by Nobody: 2:35pm On Apr 04, 2016
cloudgoddess:

Many nonbelievers, past & present, who are living fantastic, prosperous, peaceful lives and do not rely on prayer to do so.

One thing u must know is, there is no neutral person in this world.

If they ain't praying to God, they are praying to something else
Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by Nobody: 2:36pm On Apr 04, 2016
evolg:

Seun, ur comparison is wrong. U don't compare a sculpture to its sculptor. And yes, God is real. All u need is an Encounter with Him because u can convince me of what i'v bin taught and what i'v learnt bt sir, u can't convince me of what i've experienced.

Paul never believed in God, until he experienced Him.

The answer for this your comment. Dope
Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by Weah96: 3:20pm On Apr 04, 2016
juhan:
hmmm im praying for you......

Very arrogant. Go ahead and remind your forgetful deity to deliver me. The man created space , time, and matter but you still think you can push him to do something.

2 Likes

Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by Nobody: 3:28pm On Apr 04, 2016
Weah96:

Very arrogant. Go ahead and remind your forgetful deity to deliver me. The man created space , time, and matter but you still think you can push him to do something.
undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Incubus And Succubus – Sex Demons Of The Night / Jesus Said / Attention!!! Strictly For Christians!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.