Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Maryam Babangida Died With The Glory Attached To The Office Of The First Lady- - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Maryam Babangida Died With The Glory Attached To The Office Of The First Lady- (831 Views)

Photo Of Princess Diana With Maryam Babangida In The 80s / Photo Of Princess Diana With Maryam Babangida / Maryam Babangida And Princes Diana [Photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maryam Babangida Died With The Glory Attached To The Office Of The First Lady- by butanep(m): 5:00pm On Apr 18, 2015
Speaking in a recent interview published by Tribune, incoming First lady, Mrs Aisha Buhari said the glory associated with the office of the First Lady, in her opinion, died with former First Lady, Mrs Maryam Babangida.
“First of all, as you said that the current First Lady is receiving bashes from all corners of the country. The former first lady, late Mariam Babangida, may her soul rest in peace, introduced the office of the first lady, but I am beginning to think that she died with the glory of the office. I think I will prefer to be called the wife of the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria than the First Lady of Nigeria” she said.

What is your opinion about her statement my fellow nairalanders...

Re: Maryam Babangida Died With The Glory Attached To The Office Of The First Lady- by mhizpeaarl(f): 5:02pm On Apr 18, 2015
Nothing
Re: Maryam Babangida Died With The Glory Attached To The Office Of The First Lady- by ramdris(m): 5:03pm On Apr 18, 2015
You are right to some extent cos Stella was not that good while Patience is the worst thing that can happen to that office. However, I v no doubt in my mind Aisha will restore the glory of first lady.
Re: Maryam Babangida Died With The Glory Attached To The Office Of The First Lady- by jascon1(m): 5:09pm On Apr 18, 2015
My dear if Una wan bring topic of ppl way don die I go start by mentioning Ajayi crowder. Ah I remember when we day read about that guy for primary school. Oh boy school sweet that time o. Children now no no anything apart from Google o
Re: Maryam Babangida Died With The Glory Attached To The Office Of The First Lady- by VickJames(m): 5:13pm On Apr 18, 2015
We don't care if you are called the first or last lady of this country, just don't interfere with anything in this country.

Continue your pedicure and manicure business.
Re: Maryam Babangida Died With The Glory Attached To The Office Of The First Lady- by nzeobi(m): 6:25pm On Apr 18, 2015
She is correct, she should just be a wife and should receive no salary or entitlements

(1) (Reply)

My Plea For Forgiveness Not Cowardice –fayose / Hausa/igbo /yoruba / How President Jonathan Humiliated IGP Suleiman Abba Out Of Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.