Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,096 members, 7,953,343 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:39 PM

IMF Advices Nigeria To Remove All Forms Of Fuel Subsidy - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IMF Advices Nigeria To Remove All Forms Of Fuel Subsidy (24130 Views)

Jonathan Advices Nigeria To Accommodate Gay Marriage Today(see Details) / IMF Advices Nigeria To Seek International Assistance / I Repent From All Forms Of Tribalism And Bigotry Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IMF Advices Nigeria To Remove All Forms Of Fuel Subsidy by Pavarottii(m): 11:27pm On Apr 19, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
What policies of this IMF has helped Nigeria grow? Is Nigeria the only country with Subsidies? I am glad Gen. Buhari is president because he does not listen to these IMF people.

He did not then and he won't now. As soon as he curbs out corruption in the NNPC, we will enjoy Subsidies without losing money to subsidy thieves.

Crude Oil prices were lower than it is and we still enjoyed Subsidies.
Wow, don't expect this from a matured or educative mind of a full breed nigerian, u think its that easy, abi u think the oil sector, is a game that u just play how u like or control it without following procedures?
Re: IMF Advices Nigeria To Remove All Forms Of Fuel Subsidy by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:57am On Apr 20, 2015
Pavarottii:

Wow, don't expect this from a matured or educative mind of a full breed nigerian, u think its that easy, abi u think the oil sector, is a game that u just play how u like or control it without following procedures?

How can an educated mind follow the exact procedures that led Nigeria to decline. When we rejected IMF advises and procedures we flourished. When IBB followed them, our economy tumbled. NOI lapped their advises and see our economy now.

They should keep their advises to themselves. We have brains in Nigeria that can come up with the best solution to fix our ailing economy.
Re: IMF Advices Nigeria To Remove All Forms Of Fuel Subsidy by pazienza(m): 3:32am On Apr 20, 2015
GenBuhari:
America owns the IMF and World Bank, this is why they will remove Buhari by any means (covertly of course).
America knows Buhari will deny them using IMF to rob us blind.

Please help safeguard Buhari.

Buhari works for them.
Re: IMF Advices Nigeria To Remove All Forms Of Fuel Subsidy by boladez(m): 6:12am On Apr 20, 2015
cap28:

the difference between US subsidies for farmers and the so called oil subsidy in Nigeria is that the former actually exists while the latter is a scam that is being used by the Nigerian govt to get the masses to pay for something that they never enjoyed for one day. The US farmer subsidies genuinely help to keep food prices low while the Nigerian "subsidy" is a smokescreen used to make Nigerians pay more for something that they should be getting cheap.

Also no US citizen will tolerate the abuse and economic exploitation that the Nigerian govt and its western collaborators inflict on the masses hile Nigerians continue to place their hopes on thiefs that have let them down tiem and time again.

Same goes for the UK, if the govt tries to remove the social welfare safety net the british people will bring the UK to a standstill, Nigerians will continue to wish upon a star.

I agree with you 100% but the Problem I have with IMF is that they are calling for the scrapping of the subsidy whereas the issue we have is corruption. Fuel is pegged at 85 per litre because of the subsidy in place (real or phantom but likely phantom) Diesel now costs 150 after removing subsidy.

Do we have corruption in the US and UK subsidies and welfare systems? Yes ...is IMF calling for the scrapping? ...NO and there lies my problem of IMF applying double standards.

Nigeria depends on road transportation to move people, produce and goods around. Most of the road transportation is driven by Petrol, to the Nigerian man an increase in the price of petrol will push up living costs significantly! and no viable alternative like rail, water and air transportation to mass transport goods and reduce costs.

IMF and the world bank should focus on huge dollar outflows from the country to help track money laundering activities if they are really interested in Nigeria.

Fuel subsidy will fizzle out when we can refine the crude locally until then let the subsidy stay because money saved from subsidies will only be stolen by politicians....check the speech Jona made after the Fuel subsidy protest and you find that he did not fulfil any of the promises.

IMF should leave us alone and allow us to develop a home grown solution to our problems.
Re: IMF Advices Nigeria To Remove All Forms Of Fuel Subsidy by Nobody: 8:45am On Apr 20, 2015
Perhaps you are unaware that Buhari has a track record of rejecting IMF loans as a military Head of State in the mid 1980s, which is one of the reasons he was toppled by American stooge IBB.
pazienza:

Buhari works for them.
Re: IMF Advices Nigeria To Remove All Forms Of Fuel Subsidy by Pavarottii(m): 1:37pm On Apr 20, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

How can an educated mind follow the exact procedures that led Nigeria to decline. When we rejected IMF advises and procedures we flourished. When IBB followed them, our economy tumbled. NOI lapped their advises and see our economy now.

They should keep their advises to themselves. We have brains in Nigeria that can come up with the best solution to fix our ailing economy.
I wonder how bad the economy is that, u talking as if it was perfect b4, we were just named the biggest economy in africa, it was all good till the fall of oil price, so I don't think NOI has done badly!
Re: IMF Advices Nigeria To Remove All Forms Of Fuel Subsidy by ziryboy(m): 1:42pm On Apr 20, 2015
This is what jonathan and his allies use 2 embezzled national money

1 Like

Re: IMF Advices Nigeria To Remove All Forms Of Fuel Subsidy by Mboi: 4:40pm On Apr 20, 2015
Jaypea98:

No i dont!!!!! Skenko ......but u will.Very soon realise that the monies put into it is a big scam. Go ahead and check the records and you ll agree that subsidy is just a means for the fortification of your pay masters pockets.IGNORAMUS
Yes! Monies spent on subsidy is scam and will always be that was why GEJ removed it entirely in 2012 but people like you protested. The only diff will be that now gej has made it easy for buhari on d whole issue; gej removed part of it after you people cried while buhari will remove the rest. Now tell me how buhari does it better? Make una dey reason things well b4 commenting.
Re: IMF Advices Nigeria To Remove All Forms Of Fuel Subsidy by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:36pm On Apr 20, 2015
Pavarottii:

I wonder how bad the economy is that, u talking as if it was perfect b4, we were just named the biggest economy in africa, it was all good till the fall of oil price, so I don't think NOI has done badly!

All good? You are kidding. Fake reports published to beautify a failing economy. If the economy was so good, how come GEJ and Okonjo Iweala spent so much of our foreign reserves and kept on borrowing money from foreigners?

Other Presidents like Gen. Abacha and OBJ could increase our foreign reserves. It was the opposite under your so called biggest economy despite selling crude oil prices higher than previous government.
Re: IMF Advices Nigeria To Remove All Forms Of Fuel Subsidy by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:38pm On Apr 20, 2015
Mboi:

Yes! Monies spent on subsidy is scam and will always be that was why GEJ removed it entirely in 2012 but people like you protested. The only diff will be that now gej has made it easy for buhari on d whole issue; gej removed part of it after you people cried while buhari will remove the rest. Now tell me how buhari does it better? Make una dey reason things well b4 commenting.

Where are you guys getting the idea that Gen. Buhari will remove the Subsidy on Petrol?

That is IMF's advice. I have not read where Gen. Buhari saidhe will remove subsidy on Petrol.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot / $2b Arms: EFCC Weighs Its Options On Jonathan- The Nation / 3 Killed As Biafra And Cameronians Rapid Force Battle Over Control Of Bakassi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.