Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,937 members, 7,952,774 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:55 PM

Is Hell Fire Real? Did Jesus Christ Preach About Hell? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Hell Fire Real? Did Jesus Christ Preach About Hell? (1656 Views)

Is Hell Fire Real? Considering That GOD Is God Of Love / Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell / This Lady Claims She Is Going To Hell Fire And So Proud Of It ( Photos ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Hell Fire Real? Did Jesus Christ Preach About Hell? by Nobody: 10:48am On Apr 19, 2015
Happy Sunday to you all. I just need mature and objective answers to the above questions.

The truth is, I find it difficult believing that a God that is so full of love will condemn His own creations to everlasting suffering in Hell Fire as a result of their imperfect nature (a trait they inherited from Adam, God's own creation).
Re: Is Hell Fire Real? Did Jesus Christ Preach About Hell? by Nobody: 10:50am On Apr 19, 2015
CC: Truth24 ayindejimmy
CountDracula eleko1 bakjal
jascon1 PAT4HOT aaronson
DProDG
Re: Is Hell Fire Real? Did Jesus Christ Preach About Hell? by Nobody: 11:10am On Apr 19, 2015
There is no God.
Re: Is Hell Fire Real? Did Jesus Christ Preach About Hell? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Apr 19, 2015
Don't know where to start from but just to give a simple answer,sir,Hell fire is a myth,its like you scaring off little children from doing bad deed and telling them to adhere to your warning or you 'd call a dog to come bite them now flip the word dog to the other side,it reads god lol...speaking about god,man's conscience is god presence in man and when you fail to realize that then I could use your mind to my advantage in form of controlling you and telling you to bring me money,somebody up there would give you back in 10folds,that's brain washing and extortion but you know something it easy to f00l people than convincing theme they have been f00led.

1 Like

Re: Is Hell Fire Real? Did Jesus Christ Preach About Hell? by benosky(m): 12:13pm On Apr 19, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
DProDG:
There is no God.

1 Like

Re: Is Hell Fire Real? Did Jesus Christ Preach About Hell? by emmyskies(m): 12:22pm On Apr 19, 2015
Yes He did:
"But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire. " (Matthew 5:22)

"And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. " (Matthew 13:42)

"Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire. " (Matthew 18:cool

"Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: " (Matthew 25:41)

"And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. " (Mark 9:45-46)

All these master JESUS preached about. I wonder why many still don't believe. Even in old testament, it was saith by the LORD:

"For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain. And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD. And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh." (Isaiah 66:22-24)

Let him that hath understanding heed the faithful words of JESUS

2 Likes

Re: Is Hell Fire Real? Did Jesus Christ Preach About Hell? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Apr 19, 2015
@emmyskies is it then right to argue that people worship God out of 'fear' of Hell Fire? What say you about those who argue that the term Hell Fire isn't the real meaning or translation of the word from which it was derived and that such mistranslation was deliberately done to evoke fear in people?
Re: Is Hell Fire Real? Did Jesus Christ Preach About Hell? by CountDracula(m): 2:16pm On Apr 19, 2015
Martins301:
Happy Sunday to you all. I just need mature and objective answers to the above questions.

The truth is, I find it difficult believing that a God that is so full of love will condemn His own creations to everlasting suffering in Hell Fire as a result of their imperfect nature (a trait they inherited from Adam, God's own creation).
He's nt punishing u for ur imperfect nature. He's punishing u cos u reject his love and chose nt to believe in him. Dats no one else fault bt urs

1 Like

Re: Is Hell Fire Real? Did Jesus Christ Preach About Hell? by Truth24(m): 4:06pm On Apr 19, 2015
DProDG:
There is no God.
Huh?
Re: Is Hell Fire Real? Did Jesus Christ Preach About Hell? by mmsen: 4:16pm On Apr 19, 2015
No such thing as 'hell fire'.

Just a silly ploy used by preachers to scam the desperate.
Re: Is Hell Fire Real? Did Jesus Christ Preach About Hell? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Apr 19, 2015
CountDracula:

He's nt punishing u for ur imperfect nature. He's punishing u cos u reject his love and chose nt to believe in him. Dats no one else fault bt urs

Why do we reject his love? Is it nt because we were born imperfect and programmed to be sinful?
Re: Is Hell Fire Real? Did Jesus Christ Preach About Hell? by CountDracula(m): 7:01pm On Apr 19, 2015
Martins301:

Why do we reject his love? Is it nt because we were born imperfect and programmed to be sinful?
No! U reject it cos u want to, u are fully aware and u have full control over d choices u make, its nt ur imperfection dat makes u nt to believe, dats just u!

1 Like

Re: Is Hell Fire Real? Did Jesus Christ Preach About Hell? by johnydon22(m): 8:45pm On Apr 19, 2015

Re: Is Hell Fire Real? Did Jesus Christ Preach About Hell? by emmyskies(m): 6:20am On Apr 20, 2015
Martins301:
@emmyskies is it then right to argue that people worship God out of 'fear' of Hell Fire? What say you about those who argue that the term Hell Fire isn't the real meaning or translation of the word from which it was derived and that such mistranslation was deliberately done to evoke fear in people?

The concept is simple, eternity awaits us all -all men. Eternity either in heaven or in hell. Anyone that misses heaven can never miss hell. It is ether of these two. Now, going to heaven is the best thing that could ever happen to mankind, and as we know, good things never comes easy thus, making heaven is the hardest thing in mankind. Thank GOD for JESUS CHRIST, He made it possible for us. Well, reading through the Bible, you'll come to find it divided into three parts -the commandments, the promise and the punishments.

The commandments of GOD encompasses His law, precepts, statutes etc that we ought to abide in JESUS to make heaven.

The promises are blessings, heaven, guidance, protection, providence, long life, prosperity, success,rewards, etc

The punishments are curses and of course, hell fall under this category.

So Martins, what ever category of these three that spur you to serve the LORD, it doesn't matters. All that matter is to do the first, you will get the second and automatically avoid the third.

On your second question, forgive me but I wish not to judge anyone. Everyone is entitled to his or her belief. The word of GOD (Bible) is there to study, GOD is in heaven to hear our prayers and clear all our doubts, JESUS CHRIST is ever ready to reveal Himself to all who deligently seek Him and want to be saved. I pray they come to acknowledge the truth and abide by it.

GOD bless you

(1) (Reply)

Ever Since I Started Going To This My New Posh Church / Why Do Some People Dislike Islam? Answers.... / Dream: This Attack Of The Monkeys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.