Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,653 members, 7,816,678 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

Is Hell Fire Real? Considering That GOD Is God Of Love - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Hell Fire Real? Considering That GOD Is God Of Love (3083 Views)

Woman Crashes Car After Hitting A Pole While Trying To Show That God Is Real / 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists / Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Hell Fire Real? Considering That GOD Is God Of Love by goodforsomthing: 12:37pm On Jul 17, 2016
I have been thinking about this how will a loving father feel seeing his children burning in fire forever,as a human being we can't let that happen to our children. God is our father and not just father but a loving father,please I need your views on this issue.
Re: Is Hell Fire Real? Considering That GOD Is God Of Love by timay(m): 12:38pm On Jul 17, 2016
I'm coming first
Re: Is Hell Fire Real? Considering That GOD Is God Of Love by iamsparrow(m): 12:47pm On Jul 17, 2016
In Afrel, there is not concept of hell fire. When someone dies in Africa, if he/she lived a meaning life then he/she is qualified to be an ancestor. it's only in foreign religion like Islam and Christianity that believe in Hell fire.
What am I saying in essence, we chose what we wanna believe. As an Afrelist, there is no hell fire but as a Muslim there is hell fire

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Hell Fire Real? Considering That GOD Is God Of Love by christaddicted: 12:50pm On Jul 17, 2016
Hell is for sinners, those who never accepted Christ while on earth. But the moment you give your life to Christ, getting born again, you are forever saved, you've received eternal life and no hell fire for you.
Re: Is Hell Fire Real? Considering That GOD Is God Of Love by Hoseaovo(m): 1:57pm On Jul 17, 2016
goodforsomthing:
I have been thinking about this how will a loving father feel seeing his children burning in fire forever,as a human being we can't let that happen to our children. God is our father and not just father but a loving father,please I need your views on this issue.

How can God who is love send his own creations to an eternal place of anguish? How can he sit comfortably on his throne and watch billions of souls spend their whole eternity in hell and claims he is a God of love? I think it is normal to think in that light.

But come with me: Lets set things straight.

Satan was created with much glory, more glorious than the angels. When he rebelled against God, he was condemned forever and will not ever be forgiven, It means there is no second chance for the him

Man also fell, but God gave him a second chance. How? Out of his own love for man, sent gave man a guide (his commandment) to lead us out of any thing that will make us fall again, he sent his servants to teach us the law, He came to man and showed us an example of how he wants us to live the life. He suffered and died by our own hands again so as to pay for our sins, he gave us his spirit and grace to ensure we have no more excuse to continue in sin

Tell me: How else do you want him to show his love toward man? He has shown to us that he truely loves us and wish we all come back to him again.

Now after all these yet we still rebel and even deny him. We still continue with our fornications, bribery, lust, cheating, idolatery, adultery, wickedness etc to prove to him that we dont even appreciate his love and sacrifice for us. We constantly tell him with our works that he died in vain and even take the our sins to his house and commits it even in his house forgetting that Besides his love, he is a just God.

He has done all and even said 'IT IS FINISHED'. My Dear, hell is for the disobedient. If you accepts Christ finished work on the cross, key into his Grace and Follow his word, you need not worry for your soul but for the lost that needs to also be saved.

In essence God has demonstrated his love and still demonstrates it by keeping us alive hoping that someday we will still repent. However, if we still choose to remain in sin, then we will not have hom to blame for the wages therefrom.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Hell Fire Real? Considering That GOD Is God Of Love by goodforsomthing: 2:43pm On Jul 17, 2016
timay:
I'm coming first

From where you are
Re: Is Hell Fire Real? Considering That GOD Is God Of Love by goodforsomthing: 1:48pm On Jul 18, 2016
Hoseaovo:

How can God who is love send his own creations to an eternal place of anguish? How can he sit comfortably on his throne and watch billions of souls spend their whole eternity in hell and claims he is a God of love? I think it is normal to think in that light.

Satan was created with much glory, more glorious than the angels. When he rebelled against God, he was condemned forever and will not ever be forgiven, It means there is no second chance for the him

Man also fell, but God gave him a second chance. How? Out of his own love for man, sent gave man a guide (his commandment) to lead us out of any thing that will make us fall again, he sent his servants to teach us the law, He came to man and showed us an example of how he wants us to live the life. He suffered and died by our own hands again so as to pay for our sins, he gave us his spirit and grace to ensure we have no more excuse to continue in sin

Tell me: How else do you want him to show his love toward man? He has shown to us that he truely loves us and wish we all come back to him again.

Now after all these yet we still rebel and even deny him. We still continue with our fornications, bribery, lust, cheating, idolatery, adultery, wickedness etc to prove to him that we dont even appreciate his love and sacrifice for us. We constantly tell him with our works that he died in vain and even take the our sins to his house and commits it even in his house forgetting that Besides his love, he is a just God.

He has done all and even said 'IT IS FINISHED'. My Dear, hell is for the disobedient. If you accepts Christ finished work on the cross, key into his Grace and Follow his word, you need not worry for your soul but for the lost that needs to also be saved.

In essence God has demonstrated his love and still demonstrates it by keeping us alive hoping that someday we will still repent. However, if we still choose to remain in sin, then we will not have hom to blame for the wages therefrom.

You mean if you have a son that refused to listen to you after several sacrifices,and you can make him mad.will you like to see him suffer for ever?
Re: Is Hell Fire Real? Considering That GOD Is God Of Love by Hoseaovo(m): 2:12pm On Jul 18, 2016
goodforsomthing:

You mean if you have a son that refused to listen to you after several sacrifices,and you can make him mad.will you like to see him suffer for ever?

Is God a man? How can you compare the all-knowing for the abilities and capabilities of a man? Besides, can I die for my own son? Even if I can (and I dont ever see it happening), will I be happy if I look down from the great beyond and see him still shamelessly continuing in the same crime that I used my life to pay for? Will I be happy if I know that I gave him the best moral advice, examplified it with my life and paid for all his crime with my blood? No mortal can accept that here or in the hereafter (if the consciousness is there).

Lets put it straight: God's love is higher that all men's love put together. In like manner, God's anger, fury and indignation is higher than that of all men put together. Brother you had better run for cover, now, while you can

2 Likes

Re: Is Hell Fire Real? Considering That GOD Is God Of Love by Scholar8200(m): 2:17pm On Jul 18, 2016
Op, a quick one:

1. Does God send the sinner to hell as an act of Divine fiat or is it the consequence of the choices the sinner made?
Re: Is Hell Fire Real? Considering That GOD Is God Of Love by cloudgoddess(f): 2:23pm On Jul 18, 2016
Hoseaovo:

Is God a man? How can you compare the all-knowing for the abilities and capabilities of a man? Besides, can I die for my own son? Even if I can (and I dont ever see it happening), will I be happy if I look down from the great beyond and see him still shamelessly continuing in the same crime that I used my life to pay for? Will I be happy if I know that I gave him the best moral advice, examplified it with my life and paid for all his crime with my blood? No mortal can accept that here or in the hereafter (if the consciousness is there).

Lets put it straight: God's love is higher that all men's love put together. In like manner, God's anger, fury and indignation is higher than that of all men put together. Brother you had better run for cover, now, while you can
Are those two statements even compatible?

How can someone be both perfectly loving and perfectly furious? If you have fury & anger then clearly your love is limited.

6 Likes

Re: Is Hell Fire Real? Considering That GOD Is God Of Love by TrajansKong: 3:23pm On Jul 18, 2016
Hoseaovo:

See the threat!! Always the threat from these Christians.

Your god seems to terrify you.

Also, given the list below, we shall all (including you) be destroyed, non??

Re: Is Hell Fire Real? Considering That GOD Is God Of Love by Hoseaovo(m): 3:26pm On Jul 18, 2016
cloudgoddess:

Are those two statements even compatible?

How can someone be both perfectly loving and perfectly furious? If you have fury & anger then clearly your love is limited.

You can either submit or understand it better in the great beyond.

1 Like

Re: Is Hell Fire Real? Considering That GOD Is God Of Love by Hoseaovo(m): 3:32pm On Jul 18, 2016
TrajansKong:

See the threat!! Always the threat from these Christians.

Your god seems to terrify you.

Also, given the list below, we shall all (including you) be destroyed, non??

I serve me God and I can feel the freedom, live in the victory and see the future. You serve your what? and you can feel what you feel? and see an unknown eternal future. There is hard feelings Bro, after all, salvation is not compulsory.

Well, his love is still calling. Heed that can now while you may.

This message can either serve as an instrument of your salvation or an evidence that you heard the Gospel of our the Lord Jesus at least once in your life time

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Hell Fire Real? Considering That GOD Is God Of Love by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 18, 2016
christaddicted:
Hell is for sinners, those who never accepted Christ while on earth. But the moment you give your life to Christ, getting born again, you are forever saved, you've received eternal life and no hell fire for you.

You have not given a good answer..... You have only preached eternal torment.

1 Like

Re: Is Hell Fire Real? Considering That GOD Is God Of Love by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 18, 2016
@op. There is no mention of a burning hell in the oldest extant manuscripts of bible text.

Infact, the concept was a later addition.

"If your hand offends you, cut it off it is better to enter into life maimed than having two hands and going into hell, into unquencheable fire. Where their worms do not die and the fire is unquenched.
And if your foot is an offence to you, cut it off it is better to enter into life as a crippled than having two feet and thrown into hell, into fire that is unquenched. Where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched.
If your eye offends you, pluck it out. It is better that you enter into God's kingdom with one eye, than having two eyes and thrown into hell fire. Where their worm does not die and the fire is unquenched.
" - Mark 9:43-48

The above verse can not be found in the oldest text of Mark. It was a later addition in the text.

These texts were then found out to be spurious......

1 Like

Re: Is Hell Fire Real? Considering That GOD Is God Of Love by dorox(m): 4:02pm On Jul 18, 2016
Hoseaovo:

Below are some of the issues I have with the answer you gave. I hope you will find time to addres them.

Since we were not consulted before being made alive, should we as sentient beings not be given the choice to cease to exist if we happen not to like the gift of life?

If God is just, then how can one justify an everlasting torture for the sins of a few years?

If life is a gift from God, why can God not take back His gift from those that choose to misuse it instead of just watching them burn forever?

If there can be no end to the sufferings of those in hell or hope of redemption, then what other purpose doest it serve other than making God to appear as saddistic monster?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Hell Fire Real? Considering That GOD Is God Of Love by TrajansKong: 4:14pm On Jul 18, 2016
Hoseaovo:
I serve me God and I can...see the future.

OK grin grin grin

Hoseaovo:
You serve your what?

Humanity. Human potential. Love. Science. Art. Poetry. Exploration. Literature. Music. Endeavour. People, in a word. I'm one of them and I love it!!!

Hoseaovo:
...and you can feel what you feel? and see an unknown eternal future. There is hard feelings Bro, after all, salvation is not compulsory.

Well, his love is still calling. Heed that can now while you may.

This message can either serve as an instrument of your salvation or an evidence that you heard the Gospel of our the Lord Jesus at least once in your life time

If your Heaven is full of the strange, twisted, clearly abused and power-hungry entities masquerading as Nairaland Christians, then it really cannot ever be a place for a tender soul like me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Hell Fire Real? Considering That GOD Is God Of Love by hopefulLandlord: 4:33pm On Jul 18, 2016
There is nothing anybody can do in his life that makes him/her deserve eternal torment, not even the most evil man ever deserves it

We talking ETERNAL for fick's sake

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Hell Fire Real? Considering That GOD Is God Of Love by hopefulLandlord: 4:35pm On Jul 18, 2016
TrajansKong:

OK grin grin grin

Humanity. Human potential. Love. Science. Art. Poetry. Exploration. Literature. Music. Endeavour. People, in a word. I'm one of them and I love it!!!

If your Heaven is full of the strange, twisted, clearly abused and power-hungry entities masquerading as Nairaland Christians, then it really cannot ever be a place for a tender soul like me.

Funny enough, evil started in heaven according to the Yahweh follower's folklore

3 Likes

Re: Is Hell Fire Real? Considering That GOD Is God Of Love by donnffd(m): 4:45pm On Jul 18, 2016
Hoseaovo:

Everyone according to the christian belief goes to Hell if they die a sinner, no matter what they did.
For lying, fornication, stealing #5, stealing $5 billion, killing one person, killing millions, it doesn't matter, you would spend the rest of eternity in hell, suffering from everlasting pain and anguish. Lets not forget, God is Love.

Well, i am sorry for offending some people but the concept of Hell came from an ancient tradition of wealthy Nobles who punished peasants horribly for petty crimes just to instill fear on them, and make sure they don't do it again.
If you, a filthy peasant can offend a Noble and get your hands cut-off or eyes plucked out, or tongue ripped out. Then what do you think would happen to you if you offended the "ALMIGHTY GOD", creator of heaven and earth. Yes, you got it, Everlasting torture.

Its a pity that this mentality has found its way into a more liberal, free and just society in the form of a Religious doctrine.

Now we set up our justice system to yield punishment that fits the crime.

Imagine a society where the democratically elected president states that whatever you do, you get 70 years imprisonment, be it for killing someone or raping or just for not wearing your sit-belt, No matter what you do, 70 years imprisonment.

Now be objective and ask yourself, would you like to live in such a society?, would you have an feelings for the people who have this harsh sentence just because they stole #10 from you?, or would you conclude that it was their choice?

The concept of Hell is an immoral one and No God worthy of worship would keep such a place to torture people who do not agree or obey him, and if really there is a God like that, he is no different than a dictator like idi-amin, kim jong un and the likes and most certainly doesnt deserve to be worshipped.

Even the bible says in Jeremiah 7:31-32

"And they have built the high places of Topheth, which is in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire which I did not command, nor did it come into my mind. Therefore, behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when it will no more be called Topheth, or the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, but the Valley of Slaughter; for they will bury in Topheth, because there is no room elsewhere."

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Hell Fire Real? Considering That GOD Is God Of Love by TrajansKong: 4:47pm On Jul 18, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
There is nothing anybody can do in his life that makes him/her deserve eternal torment, not even the most evil man ever deserves it

We talking ETERNAL for fick's sake

Zero empathy. No fellow-feeling. Not a tear of pity for those roasting.

I've yet to see a Nairaland Christian express horror, disgust, or even vague sadness at the notion of hellfire.

The prospect of human beings being roasted ETERNALLY seems to even warm the smallest part of their cold, cold, crushed, cruel, strange, dark hearts.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Hell Fire Real? Considering That GOD Is God Of Love by Scholar8200(m): 4:53pm On Jul 18, 2016
goodforsomthing:

God is a loving Father indeed. But right from Genesis Abraham(and other men{I can prove this}) realised that He was also the Judge of the Whole Earth Who, the average man expects,would always do right and Justice.

Hence, if we rebel against all warnings and reject His offer of salvation, follow the devil and end in the latter's destination, do we still blame God?

Or do we expect that He ought to deny us the consequences of our decisions even after we spurned all pleadings/warnings (that came in love) to do the right?

SermonIndex.net
Page Liked · July 6 ·

“Beware of manufacturing a God of your own: a God who is all mercy, but not just; a God who is all love, but not holy.” - J.C. Ryle #beware #god #manufacturing
Re: Is Hell Fire Real? Considering That GOD Is God Of Love by dorox(m): 5:01pm On Jul 18, 2016
Scholar8200:

God is a loving Father indeed. But right from Genesis Abraham(and other men{I can prove this}) realised that He was also the Judge of the Whole Earth Who, the average man expects,would always do right and Justice.

Hence, if we rebel against all warnings and reject His offer of salvation, follow the devil and end in the latter's destination, do we still blame God?

Or do we expect that He ought to deny us the consequences of our decisions even after we spurned all pleadings/warnings (that came in love) to do the right?

SermonIndex.net
Page Liked · July 6 ·

“Beware of manufacturing a God of your own: a God who is all mercy, but not just; a God who is all love, but not holy.” - J.C. Ryle #beware #god #manufacturing

How is hell a just punishment for sin? You can start by answering the questions i asked the op.

3 Likes

Re: Is Hell Fire Real? Considering That GOD Is God Of Love by Scholar8200(m): 5:06pm On Jul 18, 2016
dorox:

How is hell a just punishment for sin? You can start by answering the questions i asked the op.
I believe it is more a case of landing in the destination of a path a person chose to follow. Hell was prepared for the devil and his angels.
I didnt see you asking op any questions.

1 Like

Re: Is Hell Fire Real? Considering That GOD Is God Of Love by Scholar8200(m): 5:09pm On Jul 18, 2016
lordnicklaus:
@op. There is no mention of a burning hell in the oldest extant manuscripts of bible text.

Infact, the concept was a later addition.

"If your hand offends you, cut it off it is better to enter into life maimed than having two hands and going into hell, into unquencheable fire. Where their worms do not die and the fire is unquenched.
And if your foot is an offence to you, cut it off it is better to enter into life as a crippled than having two feet and thrown into hell, into fire that is unquenched. Where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched.
If your eye offends you, pluck it out. It is better that you enter into God's kingdom with one eye, than having two eyes and thrown into hell fire. Where their worm does not die and the fire is unquenched.
" - Mark 9:43-48

The above verse can not be found in the oldest text of Mark. It was a later addition in the text.

These texts were then found out to be spurious......
And Revelations 20:15 too was an addition Before making claims, weigh it against the backdrop of other passages.
Re: Is Hell Fire Real? Considering That GOD Is God Of Love by dorox(m): 5:14pm On Jul 18, 2016
Scholar8200:
I believe it is more a case of landing in the destination of a path a person chose to follow. Hell was prepared for the devil and his angels.
I didnt see you asking op any questions.

Here is my question.

dorox:

Below are some of the issues I have with the answer you gave. I hope you will find time to addres them.
Since we were not consulted before being made alive, should we as sentient beings not be given the choice to seize to exist if we happen not to like the gift of life?
If God is just, then how can one justify an everlasting torture for the sins of a few years?
If life is a gift from God, why can God not take back His gift from those that choose to misuse it instead of just watching them burn forever?
If there can be no end to the sufferings of those in hell or hope of redemption, then what other purpose doest it serve other than making God to appear as saddistic monster?

2 Likes

Re: Is Hell Fire Real? Considering That GOD Is God Of Love by Hoseaovo(m): 5:16pm On Jul 18, 2016
donnffd:

Everyone according to the christian belief goes to Hell if they die a sinner, no matter what they did.
For lying, fornication, stealing #5, stealing $5 billion, killing one person, killing millions, it doesn't matter, you would spend the rest of eternity in hell, suffering from everlasting pain and anguish. Lets not forget, God is Love.

Well, i am sorry for offending some people but the concept of Hell came from an ancient tradition of wealthy Nobles who punished peasants horribly for petty crimes just to instill fear on them, and make sure they don't do it again.
If you, a filthy peasant can offend a Noble and get your hands cut-off or eyes plucked out, or tongue ripped out. Then what do you think would happen to you if you offended the "ALMIGHTY GOD", creator of heaven and earth. Yes, you got it, Everlasting torture.

Its a pity that this mentality has found its way into a more liberal, free and just society in the form of a Religious doctrine.

Now we set up our justice system to yield punishment that fits the crime.

Imagine a society where the democratically elected president states that whatever you do, you get 70 years imprisonment, be it for killing someone or raping or just for not wearing your sit-belt, No matter what you do, 70 years imprisonment.

Now be objective and ask yourself, would you like to live in such a society?, would you have an feelings for the people who have this harsh sentence just because they stole #10 from you?, or would you conclude that it was their choice?

The concept of Hell is an immoral one and No God worthy of worship would keep such a place to torture people who do not agree or obey him, and if really there is a God like that, he is no different than a dictator like idi-amin, kim jong un and the likes and most certainly doesnt deserve to be worshipped.

Even the bible says in Jeremiah 7:31-32

He that have an ear, let him hear
Re: Is Hell Fire Real? Considering That GOD Is God Of Love by TrajansKong: 5:19pm On Jul 18, 2016
Scholar8200:
God is a loving Father indeed.
And you just know, a ton of twisted, self-righteous sado-masochist nonsense is going to follow this intro!

"God is a loving Father indeed..." Who says this outside horror movies? grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Is Hell Fire Real? Considering That GOD Is God Of Love by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 18, 2016
Scholar8200:
And Revelations 20:15 too was an addition Before making claims, weigh it against the backdrop of other passages.

Hey friend!!! The Lake of fire is a symbol of eternal death and not eternal torment. The judgement passed will be once and for all and not forever.

" And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death" - Revelations 20:14.

How come hell is thrown into hell? The first hell is the grave and the lake of fire stands for the second death which is eternal. The death we all die now is the first death.

1 Like

Re: Is Hell Fire Real? Considering That GOD Is God Of Love by Scholar8200(m): 5:39pm On Jul 18, 2016
lordnicklaus:

Hey friend!!! The Lake of fire is a symbol of eternal death and not eternal torment. The judgement passed will be once and for all and not forever.

" And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death" - Revelations 20:14.

How come hell is thrown into hell? The first hell is the grave and the lake of fire stands for the second death which is eternal. The death we all die now is the first death.
This is why I said to always consider other passages. Does Revelation 14:10,11 sound symbolic? If you consider Revelations 20:10, the devil will join the beast and false prophet in the same place after the latter has been there for 1000 years! What then?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Hell Fire Real? Considering That GOD Is God Of Love by Scholar8200(m): 5:49pm On Jul 18, 2016
dorox:

Since we were not consulted before being made alive, should we as sentient beings not be given the choice to seize to exist if we happen not to like the gift of life?
We were not there in existence to be consulted. However, we can choose what course we'll follow after we are born.

Since God is just, on what grounds should He deny you the consequence of the path you chose? That is the logic behind it all.

God's design of man is higher than that of animals. Man was created by an Immortal God for an immortal purpose. Yes the fall has made man unable to serve that purpose, yet Jesus is come to once again make that purpose possible for all who believe in Him.

However, nothing erases/alters that part of immortality.

Let me point this out, God is a Spirit and is Immortal (He can NEVER cease to exist). Man too, is immortal and though he lives in a flesh, he may leave same but does not cease to exist.

Rather, the place was created for the ones that could not be redeemed - the devil & his angels. But on what grounds would you expect God to exempt those who choose to follow the devil from this destination and still be a Just God? Especially when all that could be done was done to make them turn from following the devil but they rebelled thinking sin was sweet?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is Hell Fire Real? Considering That GOD Is God Of Love by malvisguy212: 6:41pm On Jul 18, 2016
goodforsomthing:
people who go to hell chose that way, the bible make it clear, God encourage us to chose life and Live, people who chose death do so because They don't want to submit to God rule. People like to live in their favorite sins and answer to no one else. They know that if they accept Jesus as Lord and Savior that God will want them to change their lives and they might have to give up some of their autonomy. The gift of God will only cost you your favorite sin.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What I Saw When I Died / Deism, "-there Must Be Something" / Prayer Of Thanksgiving And Mercy For The Month Of July.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.