Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,062 members, 7,956,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:25 AM

Is It Adviceable To Play Ps3 On A 4:3 TV (pics) - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Is It Adviceable To Play Ps3 On A 4:3 TV (pics) (3026 Views)

Here Is What's Added In New PES 2017 And How To Play The Demo Now / How To Play ,download Ps3, Xbox,ps2 Games On Android Smartphone / Best Android Game To Play Right Now Top 5 Hd by chester (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Adviceable To Play Ps3 On A 4:3 TV (pics) by Suspect33(m): 6:10pm On Apr 19, 2015
i have a 4:3 tv, and i wnt to buy a ps3, dnt knw if i'll enjoy the game on it

Re: Is It Adviceable To Play Ps3 On A 4:3 TV (pics) by cao(f): 6:30pm On Apr 19, 2015
No. They're some games that must be played in HD. Think of it as having something in widescreen, but watching it in letterbox, you'll be missing out of the stuff going on at the sides.
Re: Is It Adviceable To Play Ps3 On A 4:3 TV (pics) by Suspect33(m): 6:35pm On Apr 19, 2015
cao:
No. They're some games that must be played in HD. Think of it as having something in widescreen, but watching it in letterbox, you'll be missing out of the stuff going on at the sides.
u hav a ps3 right?, is'nt there a setting to change the screen resolution?
Re: Is It Adviceable To Play Ps3 On A 4:3 TV (pics) by cao(f): 6:46pm On Apr 19, 2015
Suspect33:
u hav a ps3 right?, is'nt there a setting to change the screen resolution?
I do, but I'm playing it using a HD TV & HDMI not an old school CRT TV. Yes, if you're using the composite wires, you could adjust the video resolution accordingly, but like a NLer* discovered a while back, he wasn't able to play a certain game because it kept telling him he didn't have the right specs to run the video.

*I might put up the link later.
Re: Is It Adviceable To Play Ps3 On A 4:3 TV (pics) by Suspect33(m): 6:49pm On Apr 19, 2015
cao:

I do, but I'm playing it using a HD TV & HDMI not an old school CRT TV. Yes, if you're using the composite wires, you could adjust the video resolution accordingly, but like a NLer* discovered a while back, he wasn't able to play a certain game because it kept telling him he didn't have the right specs to run the video.

*I might put up the link later.
tnx dear sad
Re: Is It Adviceable To Play Ps3 On A 4:3 TV (pics) by cao(f): 6:50pm On Apr 19, 2015
Re: Is It Adviceable To Play Ps3 On A 4:3 TV (pics) by Nobody: 7:27pm On Apr 19, 2015
Nigga just buy a composite cable with ur sdtv if u can't afford an hdtv
Re: Is It Adviceable To Play Ps3 On A 4:3 TV (pics) by cao(f): 7:44pm On Apr 19, 2015
teknology:
Nigga just buy a composite cable with ur sdtv if u can't afford an hdtv
You do remember he wants to use a 4:3 TV, right? So imagine when he tries to play GTA IV or COD and he gets the 80028F10 error, then he tries to fix it using the 16:9 setting workaround...Now, imagine what his screen would look like if it let's him play the game...So it's definitely not advisable.
Re: Is It Adviceable To Play Ps3 On A 4:3 TV (pics) by Nobody: 11:22pm On Apr 19, 2015
cao:

You do remember he wants to use a 4:3 TV, right? So imagine when he tries to play GTA IV or COD and he gets the 80028F10 error, then he tries to fix it using the 16:9 setting workaround...Now, imagine what his screen would look like if it let's him play the game...So it's definitely not advisable.
cod would work on 4:3....most games that don't on 4;3 can't work on 16;9.....gta can never play on sdtv

(1) (Reply)

Overwatch Free Weekend (PS4 & Xbox One) / I Need GPU: Shader 3.0 To Play PES 2011 / Highly Compressed Pc Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.