Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

What Is The Best Way To Discpline A Child? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Best Way To Discpline A Child? (652 Views)

DOMESTIC VIOLENCE: The Negative Effects On A Child. / Best Way To Show Your Wife You Are Not Happy With Her / Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Best Way To Discpline A Child? by Suspect33(m): 6:43pm On Apr 19, 2015
my son is getting very stubborn as

days goes by, i've whipped him so

many times but he is even getting

worse, pls nairalanders am

frustrated and confused, dnt knw

hw else to discipline him, i need

your help. Thanks!
Re: What Is The Best Way To Discpline A Child? by lordizak(m): 6:48pm On Apr 19, 2015
just tell him u love him often, treat him like ur friend, if that doesn't work- make him do hard chores and talk to teachers in his school, and lastly know if the mom side ur disciplinary routine.
sometimes mothers make kids act contrary to their father's desire, I would know that, believe me.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Discpline A Child? by trux(m): 6:52pm On Apr 19, 2015
Whipping a child only get him more stubborn, saying from experience think the best how to discipline a child is grounding
Grounding
A technique effective with school-age children and teenagers, it involves restricting your child to a certain place, usually home or his/her room, as punishment. For example, "grounding" your child on a Saturday night as punishment for breaking curfew on Friday night.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Discpline A Child? by Suspect33(m): 6:52pm On Apr 19, 2015
lordizak:
just tell him u love him often, treat him like ur friend, if that doesn't work- make him do hard chores and talk to teachers in his school, and lastly know if the mom side ur disciplinary routine.
sometimes mothers make kids act contrary to their father's desire, I would know that, believe me.
am a single dad sir, i've told his teachers but they say he acts well in schl, am jst confused
Re: What Is The Best Way To Discpline A Child? by bukatyne(f): 6:54pm On Apr 19, 2015
Suspect33:
my son is getting very stubborn as

days goes by, i've whipped him so

many times but he is even getting

worse, pls nairalanders am

frustrated and confused, dnt knw

hw else to discipline him, i need

your help. Thanks!

How old is your son?

If whipping is not working (whipping alone never does), take a pause

What does he do? Have you discussed with him on why he does what he does? Have you tried looking through his eyes to see his word?

Do you live up to example yourself or are you do as I say and not do as I do?

Are you frustrating him?

Are you cruel to his mother?
Re: What Is The Best Way To Discpline A Child? by imbless: 6:56pm On Apr 19, 2015
Discipline him with love and care
Don't whip him too much because he will learn to hate u.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Discpline A Child? by Suspect33(m): 6:57pm On Apr 19, 2015
bukatyne:

How old is your son?

If whipping is not working (whipping alone never does), take a pause

What does he do? Have you discussed with him on why he does what he does? Have you tried looking through his eyes to see his word?

Do you live up to example yourself or are you do as I say and not do as I do?

Are you frustrating him?

Are you cruel to his mother?
am a single dad nd my work consumes most of my time, so i hardly discuss with him, he is mostly at schl till i return from work
Re: What Is The Best Way To Discpline A Child? by bukatyne(f): 7:03pm On Apr 19, 2015
Suspect33:
am a single dad nd my work consumes most of my time, so i hardly discuss with him, he is mostly at schl till i return from work

What of his mother?

He might be rebelling your 'lack of care'

How old is he?
Re: What Is The Best Way To Discpline A Child? by KanwuliaJara: 4:52am On Apr 20, 2015
Take away anything they love the MOST! kiss
Re: What Is The Best Way To Discpline A Child? by Ewuro4: 5:21am On Apr 20, 2015
How old?

(1) (Reply)

Avoid Divorce / Mum And Daughter Gave Birth To Thesame Man And They Are Happy About It ( See Pho / Prophetic Warfare Prayers Solution To Chaotic Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.