Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,472 members, 7,823,099 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

President Jonathan’s Salary Revealed - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan’s Salary Revealed (96439 Views)

President Jonathan’s Salary Revealed / President Jonathan's Salary Revealed ( Photos) / President Jonathan’s Salary And Tax Payment Details Revealed (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan’s Salary Revealed by ptaller(m): 2:50am On Apr 20, 2015
I think the FIRS just produced this document just to make it seems the president doesn't earn much. I don't know what the real salary is, but the Super eagle's coach was earning 5m per month which would be 60m per annum. In my opinion, I think the Presido's basic salary should be more; irrespective of other allowances. Without the normal e-fight, I'll like to be educated on this, if the President earn lesser than some other public servant. No fight abeg oo, he who understand it better should explain to me. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan’s Salary Revealed by fajani(m): 2:52am On Apr 20, 2015
lol..... disclose his asset as well

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan’s Salary Revealed by fajani(m): 2:55am On Apr 20, 2015
This man OP might be right... presidents Dont collect that much. the bad ones swallow the nation money...
Re: President Jonathan’s Salary Revealed by Nobody: 2:56am On Apr 20, 2015
Is pension supposed to be greater than salary?

I once heard they receive about 27 million naira as pension, I don't know how true though.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan’s Salary Revealed by fajani(m): 2:56am On Apr 20, 2015
I totally agree
Re: President Jonathan’s Salary Revealed by tundeotunba(m): 3:04am On Apr 20, 2015
Okay, that's the legal earnings.

Where the break of the illegal earnings na?

Dey there dey deceive una self.
People wey dey collect N27million pension. Compare and contrast o!
Nigeria is a messed up country. We don loose our chance, Nigeria should be up there with the best countries. Our leaders only care about themselves. I pray the next regime is fairer sha.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan’s Salary Revealed by Weah96: 3:18am On Apr 20, 2015
Obama by comparison makes N79 million every 12 months. There are internet bloggers earning far more than that.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan’s Salary Revealed by jubriano93(m): 3:22am On Apr 20, 2015
bright007:
shoro niyen?
ko yemi...*rolls eyes*
Re: President Jonathan’s Salary Revealed by Emmydot90(m): 3:26am On Apr 20, 2015
So what's the must read in it compared to dangotes income per hour
Re: President Jonathan’s Salary Revealed by CJ310(m): 3:31am On Apr 20, 2015
Official salary is diff from coded/underG salary. Beware.
Re: President Jonathan’s Salary Revealed by aperture11: 3:32am On Apr 20, 2015
I weep for my generation for falling for this deliberate attempt to let you think the office of the Presidency earns this little. The basic salary is the only part of the salary that is taxable. You need to focus on the allowances. That I can tell you will run into millions of dollars. You actually think the House of Assembly members will earn more than the President? You better wake up from that dream. They all earn too much and we should be looking for a way to cut their allowances period.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan’s Salary Revealed by aspirebig: 3:38am On Apr 20, 2015
Really, this type of info will even make one to have sleepless night ooo

Imagine, In midst of all the suffering in the land, one person is amassing so much money in the name of salary.

Yesterday, I read that PDP spent a whopping 2 Trillion Naira for presidential campaign, and they even failed with all the money spent. Reports has it that more than 80% of the money were embezzled and it has entered individuals private account, imagine.
If the government is sincere,is 1Trillion Naira not enough money to permanently fix Power problem for life? So we will all know that Power is fixed.
This is absolutely wickedness.The most expensive election in Africa history, how much is the budget of smaller Ghana? And their system work better than ours, I know that their population is smaller, but Nigeria is too wasteful. Our government are not managing our "scarce resources"well.

Too bad.

If Buhari really want to fight corruption and have enough money to run his "change" government, the salaries of all the government officials, from President to gate man should be slashed, all the governors, SA,commissioners, ministers, LGA chairman, councillors,Senators, etc. Slash all their salaries, and make the office less attractive.

Nigeria is running one of the most expensive governance in the world. We only spend more in the government, while the citizens suffer. They are supposed to be public servant and not public treasury looters.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan’s Salary Revealed by anonimi: 3:42am On Apr 20, 2015
Can the OP also share the salary & income TAX returns of the APC contestants who won elections like-

- Buhari
- Remi Tinubu
- Saraki
- Akume
- Ambode
- Tambuwal
- Ajimobi
- Amosun
- Okorocha
- El Rufai

Abi like Fashola, SAN said the FoI and TRANSPARENCY that are the basic systemic tools against corruption does not apply to them ni grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan’s Salary Revealed by halimat38(f): 3:43am On Apr 20, 2015
Billyonaire:
That's not enticing. I make more than that in a month. I feel ashamed that a President has to earn that low. I cant take the insults and earn that low.

Really! pls i need help ooo.........
Re: President Jonathan’s Salary Revealed by Aystarz: 3:51am On Apr 20, 2015
codedslayer:

Lmaoo. Comic relief from the virtual billionaire.

Roflmao....I guess they don't call u codedslayer for nuffin. See uppercut!
Re: President Jonathan’s Salary Revealed by ebenco2000: 3:56am On Apr 20, 2015
he spends 1billion on feeding alone in a year using tax payers money, has 9 private jets at his beck and call and fleet of cars maintained and fuelled from separate account, what of his security vote, how many millions is that, They should stop deceiving us about one yeye salary, as far a as I am concerned his salary is just is inconvenience allowance, as the president his earning can not be ascertained.the farm land he bought at Abuja how much did he buy that?

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan’s Salary Revealed by Nobody: 4:11am On Apr 20, 2015
*yawns*

Still not deceived.
Re: President Jonathan’s Salary Revealed by NobleG1(m): 4:44am On Apr 20, 2015
exemen:

source: http://job.naij.com/tips-106?id=news

The richest and the most advance country (U.S.) in the world pays President Obama 27,860,000.00 naira for doing a lot for his country and the world while Jona is being paid 43,231,000.00 for looting Nigerian treasury with his minions.

Nigeria is f*ucked up.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan’s Salary Revealed by M4gunners: 4:54am On Apr 20, 2015
They keep pushing this topic to front page every time. Una weldon oh.
Re: President Jonathan’s Salary Revealed by sacora(f): 5:06am On Apr 20, 2015
Ldhhdshhjhjha
Re: President Jonathan’s Salary Revealed by GboyegaD(m): 5:09am On Apr 20, 2015
Whose money is the N2 trillion he is asking him campaign committee to refund then?

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan’s Salary Revealed by coolzeal(m): 5:10am On Apr 20, 2015
Obama earn 400 thousand dollars annually or there about. The president doesn't get paid nearly enough to do that job. Most of the "amenities" are necessary for security reasons. The others aren't that extravagant, all things considered but it's an incredibly demanding and difficult job. In Nigeria, they steal billions of dollars to compensate their salaries.
Re: President Jonathan’s Salary Revealed by DesChyko: 5:11am On Apr 20, 2015
You won't believe how old this news is.
Re: President Jonathan’s Salary Revealed by oghenetega100(f): 5:11am On Apr 20, 2015
and you forgot embezzlement grin

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan’s Salary Revealed by 234GT(m): 5:13am On Apr 20, 2015
Top Nigerian bankers earn far more than this.
Re: President Jonathan’s Salary Revealed by Chibokgame: 5:13am On Apr 20, 2015
So!
How does Those dear nairaland everyone the Nation treasury.

Why not calculate Abacha's salary to compare.
Re: President Jonathan’s Salary Revealed by biafranqueen: 5:14am On Apr 20, 2015
That's it? Wow a whole President of Nigeria?
Re: President Jonathan’s Salary Revealed by Lucasbalo(m): 5:15am On Apr 20, 2015
Just like typical African leaders, the salary means nothing when he has access to the national treasury. There is no check and balances between the Executive and the Legislature because they are all common thiefs .
Re: President Jonathan’s Salary Revealed by hardbody: 5:15am On Apr 20, 2015
Chylo:
You better show respect. He is still the president and wont be former president until May 29th.

Having said that, some company CEOs earn more salary than Jonathan. Where he would be killing it would be in allowances and gifts.

Bros forget CEOs. If those figures are millions, me here your guy earn above that per annum with all sense of modesty and decorum. At any rate i would expect that his salary is regulated and not arbitrary and unilaterally fixed. I guess everything must be done to vilify him.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan’s Salary Revealed by Agudapo: 5:16am On Apr 20, 2015
My GMD annum is a lil above N60m...checkout Banks chiefs salary..u go swear
Re: President Jonathan’s Salary Revealed by jpphilips(m): 5:17am On Apr 20, 2015
Billyonaire:
That's not enticing. I make more than that in a month. I feel ashamed that a President has to earn that low. I cant take the insults and earn that low.

lolzzzzzzz
Re: President Jonathan’s Salary Revealed by 1stola: 5:19am On Apr 20, 2015
bright007:
shoro niyen?
Sho fe shoro fun e pka ni

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dethroned Emir Sanusi's Emotional Farewell At His Palace Balcony (Photos, Video) / Results From Buhari's Daura Polling Unit / Usman, Abba Kyari’s Brother's Instagram: Flaunts Expensive Cars, Classy Outfits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.