Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Planning On My First Car.... Golf 4? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Planning On My First Car.... Golf 4? (2359 Views)

What Is The Name Of Your First Car. / 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car / The First Car That Was Bought In Ido Ekiti (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Planning On My First Car.... Golf 4? by deathwing(m): 10:07pm On Apr 19, 2015
Over the last few weeks i have been browsing this thread...in short, i have learned a lot!!

I have never really been a car kind of person, but my uncle managed to convince me to get a car, asserting that it would help me mov around and get more money for myself (I'm a graphic designer and 3d animator)

I am not really the outgoing type (I was born and bred in Lagos, but I don't know anywhere because i don't like moving around), but i saw points with my uncle. In the end, the car would be only for occasional movement.

Anyhow, I've been looking around for a few months now that i have set my mind to it, and I have settled for a golf 4. The car appeals to myself of design. Not too flashy, but bespoken of a silent power. I know nothing about cars and engines and all that stuff, but i wanted to ask the opinion of you really great guys. My budget would be about 750k max as this is my first car.

I don't even know how to drive but i am curious as to the opportunities having a car would afford me (on the very rare ocassions that i go out, i really detest public transport and the sun on my face)

So what do you guys think? I really like the way the car looks (especially those weird headlights)...the design is timeless. It would still look lovely in 2020 unlike some early versions of say, Toyota or Honda. I hear some of your gripes with german cars, especially as it relates to their difficult wiring, but i don't know if it's a deal breaker...because it's human beings who use the car too.

So....is a Golf 4 a great choice for a first car? smiley

NB: I once saw a golf 4 with those slim tyres at Yaba and i nearly broke out of the bus to steal it...then i remembered i couldn't drive cry
If i get a golf, changing the tires to those slim rims would be number 1 on my list.
Re: Planning On My First Car.... Golf 4? by Drgreatone: 10:31pm On Apr 19, 2015
Its actually a wonderful car from what i av read abt it, then again the manual transmission version is said to be stronger which sud fall within ur budget, Also avoid our local Kazeems as theyre the major reasons for many ppl's problem wit the car once they lay their hands on it. U can search for 'sienna golf 4 nairaland' on google and it wud bring out Siena's previous comment on the golf 4 here.
Re: Planning On My First Car.... Golf 4? by DGD1(m): 10:45pm On Apr 19, 2015
you like better tin,
those custom golf 4 with slim tyres, I so much love them, nice choice of car
Re: Planning On My First Car.... Golf 4? by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:22pm On Apr 19, 2015
Golf 4 is a good car. But unfortunately very very very fragile electrically and will not take abuse at all.

For a first car avoid it.
Re: Planning On My First Car.... Golf 4? by Drgreatone: 12:00am On Apr 20, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
Golf 4 is a good car. But unfortunately very very very fragile electrically and will not take abuse at all.
Oga GAZZUZZ, u be chairman here na, it sudnt be a problem for ppl like u to deal wit unless there's more to what u av said?
Re: Planning On My First Car.... Golf 4? by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:15am On Apr 20, 2015
Drgreatone:

Oga GAZZUZZ, u be chairman here na, it sudnt be a problem for ppl like u to deal wit unless there's more to what u av said?
. If kazeem touch ur golf4 ehn you will regret ever owning one.
Re: Planning On My First Car.... Golf 4? by Drgreatone: 9:17am On Apr 20, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
Buh if na u, I gat no fear na smiley)
Re: Planning On My First Car.... Golf 4? by deathwing(m): 9:26am On Apr 20, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Thanks for this. So is the issue a good mechanic or the relative cost of repair for the golf 4?
Re: Planning On My First Car.... Golf 4? by deathwing(m): 3:25pm On May 18, 2015
Mr Gazzuz can you kindly be clear on what you mentioned before?

I know everyone keeps saying things about electrical cars, but is the issue the money to repair them or the difficulty involved in finding good mechanics? Aren't there things i should do to the golf 4 in order not to fall prey to damages and whatnot?

When you say it won't take abuse, what does it mean? I am currently learning how to drive, so are you talking about handling? I don't intend to race it through the streets at night o cheesy

The truth is, i think it's a really pretty car. I am in the creative industry, and to tell the truth, beauty comes before function for me most times. I have never had a car...so I can't say I am looking for some engine spec or whatnot because I don't understand those things, just as far as the thing moves around when i want it to, and can be maintained without breaking a leg.

That's why i want to be clear of the danger of owning a golf 4.

Thanks

GAZZUZZ:
Re: Planning On My First Car.... Golf 4? by mayor2013: 5:32pm On May 18, 2015
Simply nothing wrong with an ME system. One thing I would advice again is avoid the auto transmission. The slightest of all abuse is very dangerous
Re: Planning On My First Car.... Golf 4? by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:09pm On May 18, 2015
deathwing:
Mr Gazzuz can you kindly be clear on what you mentioned before?

I know everyone keeps saying things about electrical cars, but is the issue the money to repair them or the difficulty involved in finding good mechanics? Aren't there things i should do to the golf 4 in order not to fall prey to damages and whatnot?

When you say it won't take abuse, what does it mean? I am currently learning how to drive, so are you talking about handling? I don't intend to race it through the streets at night o cheesy

The truth is, i think it's a really pretty car. I am in the creative industry, and to tell the truth, beauty comes before function for me most times. I have never had a car...so I can't say I am looking for some engine spec or whatnot because I don't understand those things, just as far as the thing moves around when i want it to, and can be maintained without breaking a leg.

That's why i want to be clear of the danger of owning a golf 4.

Thanks

There is always cartalk, if you are in lagos there is gazzuzz.

(1) (Reply)

39miles With 4k Fuel On Highlander 2001. Help Out / More From Innoson Motors, Dulevo, Isuzu , Ford waste compactors. / Nissan Xterra Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.