Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,921 members, 7,817,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Glo Fires D'banj For Demanding 4 Million Per Show - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Glo Fires D'banj For Demanding 4 Million Per Show (5439 Views)

Your Thoughts On D'banj's "Top Of The World" Music Video / D'banj In-front Of Kanye West's Album Picture / Dj Zeez Acquires 4 Million Naira Cadillac Cts Car: Pics Enclosed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glo Fires D'banj For Demanding 4 Million Per Show by Baro(m): 2:38am On Jan 31, 2009
He had all the incandescent opportunity beckoning on him but he chose to blow them away like an undesirable gold-dust.

The rave-on artiste, Dayo Oyebanjo, aka D’Banj who was recently appointed the Glo Ambassador and the lead artiste in the “Rock and Rule concert going on in some parts of the country with a very juicy spur to perform is already sulking after he was alleged to have been given the boot by the mobile communication company.

A branded Land Rover SUV jeep worth over N14miilion was given to him as GLO Ambassador. And this, sources said was in addition to a tidy sum of N70million paid to him for undisclosed reasons.
It is also on record that D’banj remains the only musician on the Rule and Rock concert trails who were paid upfront.

So for the 18 shows he was billed to perform in, he was paid N36million at N2million per show our source further hinted. Like a pack of cards that have fallen apart, not only has the artiste been dropped from the concerts, he has also been asked to refund part of the money he was allegedly paid. And this money our source is in the neighbourhood of N18million.

Like the famous Oliver Twist, The Kokomaster had hardly performed in eight shows when he sprang his surprise. Against the N2million he was getting per show, he wanted more via the letter he sent through his lawyers.

He wanted N4million a sum he figured befitted his new status as GLO’s most prominent Ambassador. But what his lawyers didn’t tell him, GLO told him. “My friend you are indispensable”. And pronto he was like hot potatoes, dropped from the line up.

And for this misadventure, he lost out and was immediately replaced with the rampaging duo called P-Square and Gango Aso exponent 9ice

Sensing trouble when no reply was forth coming from GLO, he made a detour and sang a new song. “It wasn’t me” he chorused.

“My lawyers acted without my consent” were his lame excuse. And so what if the lawyers had succeeded perhaps, his song would have been “I’m the Champion Bubbler”.

Anyway we gathered that he has been running from pillar to post and trying every thing possible to apologise but that has so far not paid off.

At the Rock & Rule concert in Ibadan couple of weeks ago, he was stopped by the authorities of Glomobile from getting on stage.

Would have if you are a GLO staff? In his absence other GLO Ambassadors had enough time to thrill the audience. He was said to have angrily left the place unannounced (As if anyone missed him).

Again at Akure, last week and smarting with the belief that his apology would have restored him back to the glorious relationship he once enjoyed with Dr Adenuga, The Kokomaster according to sources prepared to storm the Akure show in a big way. His plan according to our source was to put up a classical show that will hold even the GLO author

ities spell bound. And again, he was told in clear terms that he could not perform.

Meanwhile, we gathered that the CEO of the company, Dr. Adenuga has directed that he be replaced with P-Square. .

Pundits wonder that the error could further plunge him into losing further opportunities from the communication company and even others.

The much talked about customised phones which glo mobile intends to bring in with the crooner’s photograph may be another delusion for the music sensation.
But one thing the telecom giant didn’t do Showtime gathered was invalidate his contract at the GLO sponsored CAF awards.

“ He is on the bill and has been paid for it. He will be performing at the event and that’s for certain”.
Re: Glo Fires D'banj For Demanding 4 Million Per Show by Baro(m): 3:07am On Jan 31, 2009
Re: Glo Fires D'banj For Demanding 4 Million Per Show by tosinaded(m): 8:27am On Jan 31, 2009
so? undecided
Re: Glo Fires D'banj For Demanding 4 Million Per Show by Necorios(m): 8:45am On Jan 31, 2009
They say d higher u rise d farther u drop, i always knew it dat dbanj is gona do somtn stupid nd my opinion is dat his money nd success mostly came 4rm dis comunication companies nd corporate organisations he shudnt av messed around wit dem. Goodluck 2u koko master!
Re: Glo Fires D'banj For Demanding 4 Million Per Show by showbobo(m): 1:53am On Feb 01, 2009
Pride
Re: Glo Fires D'banj For Demanding 4 Million Per Show by UNLEASHED(m): 2:52am On Feb 01, 2009
showbobo:

Pride
Re: Glo Fires D'banj For Demanding 4 Million Per Show by annekix(m): 10:06am On Feb 01, 2009
pride

more like Greed!
Re: Glo Fires D'banj For Demanding 4 Million Per Show by showbobo(m): 10:40am On Feb 01, 2009
Pride I would call it. . . For him to be thinking he is requisite
Re: Glo Fires D'banj For Demanding 4 Million Per Show by allboyz(m): 3:54pm On Feb 01, 2009
So has he repaid Glo?
Re: Glo Fires D'banj For Demanding 4 Million Per Show by Nobody: 4:27pm On Feb 01, 2009
Pride and conceit were the original sins of man tongue
Re: Glo Fires D'banj For Demanding 4 Million Per Show by tosinaded(m): 4:47pm On Feb 01, 2009
Disobedience and greed were the first sins of a woman!
Re: Glo Fires D'banj For Demanding 4 Million Per Show by Sauron1: 4:48pm On Feb 01, 2009
tosinaded@:

Seriously, 4 million per show is not too much. . . .
Globacom should PAY him what he wants. . . .D'Banj is internationally recognised and he will be a good ambassador for GLO.
Re: Glo Fires D'banj For Demanding 4 Million Per Show by Nobody: 4:51pm On Feb 01, 2009
tosinaded@:

Look at this one
Re: Glo Fires D'banj For Demanding 4 Million Per Show by tosinaded(m): 4:57pm On Feb 01, 2009
Sauron they signed a deal
Re: Glo Fires D'banj For Demanding 4 Million Per Show by badman(m): 9:49pm On Feb 01, 2009
~Sauron~:

Seriously, 4 million per show is not too much. . . .
Globacom should PAY him what he wants

aint heard this before, so they must pay him anything he demands
Re: Glo Fires D'banj For Demanding 4 Million Per Show by funpack: 10:44am On Feb 02, 2009
I think the action taken by GLO is a welcome development. Although, talent are God's given and as such Priceless. But, with the kind of business relationship the entertainment industry has been enjoying with cooperate bodies, proper 'checks and balances' needs to be put in place. Remember that time of the 'BIG ACTORS AND ACTRESSES' in the movie industry too. They were also cut to size with their huge fee demand.

I hope D'banj would have learn his lesson. Anyway, 'no loonnnnng thing'
Re: Glo Fires D'banj For Demanding 4 Million Per Show by Tonyet1(m): 12:03pm On Feb 02, 2009
i call this "great mistakes great men make"

well i love d'banj and i will always love him

i just pray he comes out of this problem well and more matured

say fiilllleeeeeeeeee, no long thing
Re: Glo Fires D'banj For Demanding 4 Million Per Show by edatika(m): 3:31pm On Feb 02, 2009
how unfortunate
hw must have learnt by now that
you dont just get greedy after you have agreed to terms already laid,
Re: Glo Fires D'banj For Demanding 4 Million Per Show by ogazi007(m): 5:01pm On Feb 02, 2009
he has been making 10 millions in a week, he deserves 30millions in a week now, lol
Re: Glo Fires D'banj For Demanding 4 Million Per Show by Bamsyle(m): 6:55pm On Feb 02, 2009
Aaww, heard the info a couple of days ago . . .

Someone should have told him Mike Adenuga is one hell-of-a-man!!! grin
Re: Glo Fires D'banj For Demanding 4 Million Per Show by spikedcylinder: 7:10pm On Feb 02, 2009
If the artiste was an international one like them Jay niggaz and stuff, Glo would pay the money regardless of whatever contract. undecided
Re: Glo Fires D'banj For Demanding 4 Million Per Show by Nobody: 7:13pm On Feb 02, 2009
spikedcylinder:

If the artiste was an international one like them Jay niggaz and stuff, Glo would pay the money regardless of whatever contract. undecided
Life is unfair abi grin

Foreigners are treated 1 million times better than their own in nigeria, let d'banj go over to USA and be demanding for the same after a set contract grin

I don die grin
Re: Glo Fires D'banj For Demanding 4 Million Per Show by ofokasibe: 9:24pm On Feb 02, 2009
ibkaye:

I don die grin

ibkaye no die o, i beg
Re: Glo Fires D'banj For Demanding 4 Million Per Show by showbobo(m): 10:52pm On Feb 02, 2009
ofokasibe:

ibkaye no die o, i beg
Allow her jo,abeg cheesy grin
Re: Glo Fires D'banj For Demanding 4 Million Per Show by Nobody: 10:53pm On Feb 02, 2009
showbobo:

Allow her jo,abeg cheesy grin
Mschew! cheesy
Re: Glo Fires D'banj For Demanding 4 Million Per Show by MrCrackles(m): 10:54pm On Feb 02, 2009
Good news, make dem send thunder fire him stupid sunglasses sef

Wide mouth idiot
grin
Re: Glo Fires D'banj For Demanding 4 Million Per Show by tope2000(f): 10:57pm On Feb 02, 2009
MrCrackles:

Good news, make dem send thunder fire him stupid sunglasses sef

Wide mouth idiot
grin

Why u dey beef the koko master
is it beacuse of ini edo?? grin grin cheesy
Re: Glo Fires D'banj For Demanding 4 Million Per Show by Nobody: 10:57pm On Feb 02, 2009
tope2000:

na you know, what other reason would there be? grin
Re: Glo Fires D'banj For Demanding 4 Million Per Show by tope2000(f): 11:00pm On Feb 02, 2009
ibkaye:

na you know, what other reason would there be? grin

Imfaooooo grin grin

@topic
Why cant glo pay him 4million, i bet if it was international artist they will meet up with all his or her demands undecided sad
Re: Glo Fires D'banj For Demanding 4 Million Per Show by tosinaded(m): 11:01pm On Feb 02, 2009
ini edo ke
that dirty thing
Re: Glo Fires D'banj For Demanding 4 Million Per Show by MrCrackles(m): 11:02pm On Feb 02, 2009
tope2000:

Why u dey beef the koko master

Ini Edo is a gutter cunt LovePeddler, i dont need her!
Dbanj is a sweaty talentless idiot!!
I nor send dem
cheesy grin
Re: Glo Fires D'banj For Demanding 4 Million Per Show by tosinaded(m): 11:03pm On Feb 02, 2009
brash entertaining is a talent

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

[full] Youngboy Never Broke Again – Until Death Call My Name Album Mp3 Zip / Nigerian Music Videos. / Soul E Now A Pastor!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.