Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,987 members, 7,814,367 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

LAWYERS, Come In Asap! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / LAWYERS, Come In Asap! (592 Views)

We Don't Need More Lawyers/Banking, Finance Graduates In Nigeria: Nimi Princewil / Lawyers Advise Parents To Sue Covenant University For Suspension Of 200 Students / Lawyers Caught Writing Exams For Students, Law School DG Alleges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

LAWYERS, Come In Asap! by Damolux01(m): 1:17pm On Apr 20, 2015
Good day to all my learned law gurus, I'm a graduate of international relations from OAU. I really wish to add a professional course to my profile, which has made me chose law. Now the questions are:
1. Can I gain admission with DE into the university with my Bsc certificate in int'l relations to study law or do I have to take Jamb again and start all over from part one?
2. Assuming I desire to study law abroad, are there any difference(s) in Nigeria law and that of other countries looking at the fact that constitutions in these different countries ain't the same.
3. As a lawyer, do you really like finding yourself in your field? Or would have preferred to go for another course instead?
I need wise counsel from you please. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: LAWYERS, Come In Asap! by fowowe411: 3:51pm On Apr 20, 2015
Damolux01:
Good day to all my learned law gurus, I'm a graduate of international relations from OAU. I really wish to add a professional course to my profile, which has made me chose law. Now the questions are:
1. Can I gain admission with DE into the university with my Bsc certificate in int'l relations to study law or do I have to take Jamb again and start all over from part one?
REPLY:It is very possible for you to gain a direct entry to law with your B.sc though am not assuring you but the most common DE admissions are those that had diploma in law.You can apply for the DE but you can also write jamb to be on the safer side.
2. Assuming I desire to study law abroad, are there any difference(s) in Nigeria law and that of other countries looking at the fact that constitutions in these different countries ain't the same.
REPLY:There is no much difference because lawyers aren't train just to practise in a place and what makes a lawyer is not knowing the law but knowing where to find the law!.However due to differences in the legal system of each countries,you might have problem in getting yourself acquinted with our laws if you decide to study abroad.If at all you want to study abroad its preferable you study in a common law country like U.K.
3. As a lawyer, do you really like finding yourself in your field? Or would have preferred to go for another course instead?
REPLY:i am presently a part 3 law student,am not sure you derive more happiness in any other field!
I need wise counsel from you please. Thanks in anticipation.

(1) (Reply)

How I Almost Ran Out Of My Schools Library / Guide For Nairaland Freshers / Argument Between Two Friends Over Grammatical Blunder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.