Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,676 members, 7,823,910 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

APC Wants To Take Ekiti Govt By Force, It Is Coup Against The People — Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Wants To Take Ekiti Govt By Force, It Is Coup Against The People — Fayose (662 Views)

Prominent Nigerians Plotting ‘civilian Coup’ Against Buhari – Groups / APC Wants PDP Dead – Fayose / Lawmaker, Afolabi Akanni, Dies In DSS Custody - Lanre Ogunsuyi For Ekiti Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Wants To Take Ekiti Govt By Force, It Is Coup Against The People — Fayose by Onyi42(m): 1:38pm On Apr 20, 2015
The governor of Ekiti state, Ayodele Fayose, has
maintained that he is ready for genuine
reconciliation with the members of the opposition
party, All Progressives Congress, APC but argued
that the leadership of the APC want to takeover
Ekiti state government by force.

He said he took the step to seek a genuine
reconciliation in the interest of the state with
the APC, whose 19 lawmakers in the state House
of Assembly were plotting his impeachment.
The governor spoke on Sunday at the thanksgiving
service organised for him at the Cathedral Church
of Emmanuel, Anglican Communion, Ado Ekiti, to
celebrate his electoral victory at the Supreme
Court.

Fayose said, “I asked for forgiveness for
reconciliation and to pursue genuine peace.
Waiving the olive branch does not mean
cowardice, it is for peace.

“Conspiracy is against God’s will. What better way
could one seek peace other than asking for
forgiveness.”

“When I contested for Senate they said I lost and
I did not fight anyone. I did not go to the tribunal
and I was saying good things about the
government then. The opposition should be
courageous enough to accept defeat. I follow
Jonathan in and out of office. Jonathan gave up
for survival of Nigeria. Jonathan prevented the
prophecy that Nigeria would break up in 2015.
“I’m enjoying the mandate of God through his
people and that cannot be controverted. My sin is
because I allowed the common man to breathe the
air of hope.

“The people have spoken (governorship election),
they said it was military intervention. They spoke
the second term (presidential election), is that
one photochromic? And they spoke again the third
time (House of Assembly election).

“If God that gave me victory cannot defend me, I
better go home. If the people cannot defend the
mandate they gave to me, I better go home.
Power doesn’t come from man. Power belongs to
God. Anyone against the voice of God is following
Satan’s way.

“In a democracy, you need a simple majority to
win elections, but I enjoy total majority. They
want to take government by force, firing shots at
people; that is coup against the people. They said
they are coming again tomorrow, we are waiting
for them.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/apc-want-to-take-ekiti-govt-by-force-it-is-coup-against-the-people-fayose/
Re: APC Wants To Take Ekiti Govt By Force, It Is Coup Against The People — Fayose by yemolz: 2:31pm On Apr 20, 2015
These set of desperados (Omirin and other fools being used) to truncate the peace of the state should allow the rule of the law and respect the wish of the people of Ekiti state.
They perfectly use propaganda to get the attention of the masses as if they are saint.
God has put Fayose there and he will not be impeached.
Re: APC Wants To Take Ekiti Govt By Force, It Is Coup Against The People — Fayose by PassingShot(m): 2:32pm On Apr 20, 2015
You started this war and you must finish it.

Was it not stupid and illegal that you used seven lawmakers to impeach the speaker and sack 19 just because you could order the police as you wished? It's payback time mister.

And how will your impeachment translate to APC taking over Ekiti? Is it not your deputy that will move in as governor?

1 Like

Re: APC Wants To Take Ekiti Govt By Force, It Is Coup Against The People — Fayose by mikolo80: 7:02pm On Apr 20, 2015
yemolz:
These set of desperados (Omirin and other fools being used) to truncate the peace of the state should allow the rule of the law and respect the wish of the people of Ekiti state.
They perfectly use propaganda to get the attention of the masses as if they are saint.
God has put Fayose there and he will not be impeached.
Is against the law to impeach a governor
Re: APC Wants To Take Ekiti Govt By Force, It Is Coup Against The People — Fayose by disumusa: 7:41pm On Apr 20, 2015
fayose is going

(1) (Reply)

Xenophobia : Lessons South Africa Should Learn From Nigeria !!! / President Allassane Quattara Of Cote D’voire Speaks On Jonathan (photos) / Killings In Nigeria Are Worse Than Xenophic Violence In South Africa!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.