Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,297 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:18 AM

Buhari's Social Program: The Parts Unseen Part III - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Social Program: The Parts Unseen Part III (854 Views)

Buhari Social Program PART II: Feasible or Laughable? / Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. / Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari's Social Program: The Parts Unseen Part III by Nobody: 4:19pm On Apr 20, 2015
It has been stimulating to read the arguments and counter arguments of wether or not Buhari can implement the promised social programs. As stimulating as it has been, Obiageli and Barcanista never took some sinister and often igonored aspects into consideration. This is what I will try to address with the available facts on ground: Here is why this program will be more than possible in addition to what Obiageli has stated:

1. According to several reports (Brookings institute report of 2013, The World Bank, Transparency international), Nigeria "bleeds" between $6 - $8 billion a year. Meaning $6 - $8 billion is simply stolen. This amounted to about N6.87trillion ($40billion) that has been reportedly stolen under Pres. Goodluck Jonathan's regime. The worst in any administration in the history of Nigeria. This amount has been so staggering that the African Union had to report on it. Read here: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/176141-n6-87trillion-stolen-from-nigeria-au-report.html
We can all imagine what $40 billion can do in 6 years! Well, I and many Nigerians have no doubt that billions will be saved from filtering away in a Buhari regime. Corruption will not just go away, but the money saved from corruption will be more than enough to implement social programs with a lot of change left.

2. The Federal government of Nigeria budgets about N61 billion to N74 billion annually on amnesty. Read a detailed comparative analysis of Nigeria's amnesty here (http://ojs.st-andrews.ac.uk/index.php/jtr/article/view/830/709). Money spent so far is already in excess of $2billion since the program started. Thankfully, this fraudulent program will be ended this year, and Nigeria can save such moneys for more useful developmental ventures.

3. Another scam by this government is the scam of subsidy payments to oil marketers, that had ballooned from N300 billion to N1.2 trillion within a couple of years. This is a whooping $8billion per year! This is not naira - it is dollars! Our incoming president, knows this scam more than anybody else. He has headed the Petroleum ministry for 4 years under Obasanjo and has publicly called out the scam of subsidy. I have no iota or scintilla of doubt that subsidy payments will be halted - thereby saving Nigeria at least $8 billion a year! For doubters - watch this video where General Mohammadu Buhari called out this scam that was met with utter silence by the outgoing administration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmG_dYY7YRA

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2014-12-23/oil-s-slump-gives-nigeria-chance-to-end-7-billion-fuel-subsidy

4. Finally, the cost of running government is extremely expensive, especially with the way it was set up by GEJ and his team. Remember the N1 billion for food? According Lamido Sanusi Lamido Nigeria's Federal budget from 2000 - 2010 was put at about 22.5 tillion naira during the same period the amount allocated to the Federal House of Assembly was about N 5.2 Trillion naira. What this simply means is that an excess of 25 % of our budget goes to cater for less than 0.2% of our population. I won't comment further on this, you can all do the math for our even more thriving budget from 2010 - 2015 during an era of very high oil prices. http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/12/how-legislators%E2%80%99-25-allocation-would-have-improved-nigeria-say-experts/

5. Finally, the above points made points to why Buhari believes that no matter how oil goes in Nigeria, by blocking these extreme leakages, we will have more than enough money to be truly called the giant of Africa. Note that I did not mention other areas like oil theft, import duty waivers and the likes. There are just so many leakages in the system. The Nigerian system is built on the platform of corruption - it is a culture, it is ingrained in every citizen, it is a way of life. A Buhari government will go a long way in stemming this outrageous tide thereby making money available to run the Nigerian state the way it is supposed to be run.

Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria!

-CramJones

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Social Program: The Parts Unseen Part III by AdesinaOlajide(m): 4:27pm On Apr 20, 2015
God bless you for this facts @ Cramjones .
There are so many corrupt leakages in the management of our funds.
With these leakages blocked, there would still be some substantial amount to carry out a project such as the Social Program. I say it again, Nigeria will be great again!! #Onelove.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Social Program: The Parts Unseen Part III by dgr8truth(m): 5:04pm On Apr 20, 2015
Re: Buhari's Social Program: The Parts Unseen Part III by 9jii(m): 5:16pm On Apr 20, 2015
Their argument was only base on This Super corrupt administration.
They failed to realise what transferency will bring.
Fighting corruption in
NNPC
FIRS
CUSTOMS.
Developing of mining sector
fight against bunkering
retrieving from thieves

these are will give serious boost to the revenue + cutting of government spending.

THEY CAN'T SEE GOOD THINGS JUST WISHING FAILURE TO US ALL.
GOD PASS THEM N WILL SAVE US

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Social Program: The Parts Unseen Part III by themilanway(m): 5:26pm On Apr 20, 2015
I actually think Barcanista and his doom day crew knows deep inside their bones that Buhari will come good.

I mean the same Barcanista immediately after his defection to PDP claimed he"trust Buhari"but cant say same for those around him.

You then ask yourself,why the haste to castigate this man you"trust"?Why not give him chance to even get started?

Why the meaningless and blind hatred propanganda?

Buhari isnt the long awaited messiah but he will by a 1000 miles out perform his predecesor and shame his gullible critics like Barcanista in the end.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Social Program: The Parts Unseen Part III by Nobody: 5:28pm On Apr 20, 2015
Cramjones is being mischievous.

1. The Report was given a GENERIC assumption over a period of time. It never said NIGERIA LOSE $6b Yearly from its Oil Revenue, It said ILLICIT flow of cash across Africa is estimated at .... and said $40billion of $60b of such illicit flow of cash was TRACED to Nigeria between 2001 and 2010.
The report of the Thabo Mbeki High Level Panel on Illicit Financial Flows from Africa adopted on Sunday by African Union Heads of State and Government at their summit in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia said about $40.9billion (about N6.87trillion) of an estimated $60billion (about N10.08trillion) lost through such transfers from Africa in a decade (2001-2010) are traced to Nigeria. http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/176141-n6-87trillion-stolen-from-nigeria-au-report.html

The question is Who are the people involved? Federal Civil Servants, Federal Office Holders, States Civil Servants and Office Holders, Businessmen, drug barons, 419ners etc are part of this mess. This is simply comprehension thingy

2. The Amnesty Program is a meagre N70 billion. Removing it won't even solve the heavy financial burden associated with the social package of Mr Buhari

3. Subsidy Budget for 2015 is just a meagre N100 billion I repeatedly touched this. Removing the fuel subsidy, Kerosene Subsidy and Sure-P wiill only fetch N166 billion. The amount is not even up to 30% of what the Social program will take assuming Buhari is to do it 5million per year.

Try Harder bro...
Re: Buhari's Social Program: The Parts Unseen Part III by Nobody: 5:41pm On Apr 20, 2015
barcanista:
Cramjones is being mischievous.

1. The Report was given a GENERIC assumption over a period of time. It never said NIGERIA LOSE $6b Yearly from its Oil Revenue, It said ILLICIT flow of cash across Africa is estimated at .... and said $40billion of $60b of such illicit flow of cash was TRACED to Nigeria between 2001 and 2010.

The question is Who are the people involved? Federal Civil Servants, Federal Office Holders, States Civil Servants and Office Holders, Businessmen, drug barons, 419ners etc are part of this mess. This is simply

Thank you for your contributions. I forgot to post links of the facts. Please read the two articles below by Wall Street Journal and The Leadership and see what is being reported stolen from Nigeria every year. I was even being conservative in my estimates

http://leadership.ng/news/395733/nigeria-lost-7-92bn-corruption-one-year

http://www.wsj.com/articles/africa-loses-60-billion-a-year-illegally-report-says-1422794047

-CramJones

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Social Program: The Parts Unseen Part III by vedd: 5:42pm On Apr 20, 2015
That is an analysis of a well informed Nigerian who is eager to see things work.
A case of optimism of the intellect patriot versus pessimissm of the willfully ignorant saboteoirs.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Social Program: The Parts Unseen Part III by Nobody: 5:47pm On Apr 20, 2015
cramjones:

Thank you for your contributions. I forgot to post links of the facts. Please read the two articles below by Wall Street Journal and The Leadership and see what is being reported stolen from Nigeria every year. I was even being conservative in my estimates

http://leadership.ng/news/395733/nigeria-lost-7-92bn-corruption-one-year

http://www.wsj.com/articles/africa-loses-60-billion-a-year-illegally-report-says-1422794047

-CramJones
Read your link again, it talked about "illicit financial flows"

A total of $7.92billion in illicit capital flowed of out Nigeria in 2012, according to the latest report released by the US-based non-profit research and advisory organisation, Global Financial Integrity (GFI)
. This doesn't translate to shortchanging $7.92b in Oil revenue. What it simply means is that OUR leaders AT ALL level, Businessmen, Drug merchants and others stole cumulative $7.92 billions in 2012.
Re: Buhari's Social Program: The Parts Unseen Part III by abubaka101: 5:58pm On Apr 20, 2015
Social Welfare programs of this sought are unproductive, not that they are unachievable.
From my point of view, I believe Nigeria should pursue State Capitalism. Where hugh sums like this that we are about to waste on futile and unproductive welfare programs, can be used to establish and improve govt companies and corporations.
Think about it: rather than give a man fish so he can eat for a day, teach him how to fish so he'll eat fish for a lifetime.
If the parents of the primary school pupils had beta incomes would they need govt to feed them?
If the 5m unemployed they're abt to give money to had jobs will they need to collect N5000 from govt?
Let Buhari think about this issue well ooo!
Re: Buhari's Social Program: The Parts Unseen Part III by dasensible1(m): 6:48pm On Apr 20, 2015
I know for sure that the government will have more money to implement programs that will impact the lives of many Nigerians it can kill/maim corruption.
Re: Buhari's Social Program: The Parts Unseen Part III by kmariko: 6:59pm On Apr 20, 2015
The more pertinent question beyond the economic and mathematical assumptions is HOW MUCH ACCURES TO THE FEDERATION ACCOUNT YEARLY. ( actual figures not assumptions)

Every figure Op presented are merely assumptions. No individual or organization has done any audits of these figures beyond the PWC audits of NNPC.

If anyone out there knows, a link will be appreciated
Re: Buhari's Social Program: The Parts Unseen Part III by kmariko: 6:59pm On Apr 20, 2015
The more pertinent question beyond the economic and mathematical assumptions is HOW MUCH ACCURES TO THE FEDERATION ACCOUNT YEARLY. ( actual figures not assumptions)

Every figure Op are merely assumptions. No individual or organization has done any audits of these figures beyond the PWC audits of NNPC.

If anyone out there knows, a link will be appreciated
Re: Buhari's Social Program: The Parts Unseen Part III by Nobody: 2:15am On Apr 22, 2015
I like this old troll cheesy cheesy cheesy.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Should Stop State-sponsored Pilgrimages / President Jonathan & Buhari All Smiles After Closed Door Meeting Today(photo) / Nigerian Continued Drug Trafficking In Prison, While Chinese Inmate Turns Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.