Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses (70871 Views)

Naira To Reverse Losses This Week, Banks To Process FX Transactions Within 24hrs / 'MMM Is A Fraudulent Scheme' - CBN Warns Nigerians, Calls It "Wonder Bank" / Xenophobia: Mtn's Blackmail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by mrofficial(m): 1:16am On Apr 21, 2015
I'm sure MTN must be slapping this Goodluck guy for his statements. Are all people named Goodluck dumb?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by ohenhen1: 1:16am On Apr 21, 2015
Talk about putting petrol in the fire.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by bid4rich(m): 1:17am On Apr 21, 2015
Good talk but in the wrong direction. So, you want to continue to make money at the expense of the lives of Nigerians being lost daily in ur country? So, we shld lose thousands of Nigerians because we want to save 500,000 job? Oga, lives are more precious that your job. You better do something or we will do something by ourselves. Your calculation didnt work oga

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by bamiwuye: 1:18am On Apr 21, 2015
chibuike65:
IGBO phobia will soon start in Nigeria

Bad people

Say No to IGBO phobia

I think say na MASSOB THING 4 nairaland oº°˚˚°
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by chibuike65: 1:19am On Apr 21, 2015
Isaac2009:

You are only trying to generate attention to the very People you are trying to avoid. We are talking about SA you are diverting the topic to Igbo. Soon the thread will be filled with hate words and hate debate.
that's why Nigeria can't do anything we don't even love our self's yea we have to love our self's first so that we can stand against any thing that come our way even Bokoharam some are happy because is not from their region we only care about our selves yea the can say anything cuz the know we can not do anything cuz we are not united
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by chuka5000(m): 1:19am On Apr 21, 2015
Mcowubaba:

I dnt see any black mail or yahoo mail here, Mtn just stated d fact....
To me. MTN Nigeria has nothing to do with the recent xenophobia attacks in SA...
It will only be mischievous 4 Nigerians to reciprocate their anger by impeding or disrupting South African owned business in Nigeria....
There is a better nd decent way to do things.
2 wrongs can't make a Right........mbuk!!!!

Person kill ur ppl, insult ur country join and u dey speak yeye English. U no dey think well ni?

4 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by chibuike65: 1:21am On Apr 21, 2015
bamiwuye:
chibuike65:
IGBO phobia will soon start in Nigeria

Bad people

Say No to IGBO phobia

I think say na MASSOB THING 4 nairaland oº°˚˚°
lol all join
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Nobody: 1:23am On Apr 21, 2015
m feeling that oneness in Nigeria.... if we can be like this, to fight every problem ... we gonna be on top and rule the world.. I know what m saying ....

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Ufranklin92(m): 1:23am On Apr 21, 2015
koligs:
IGBO phobia will soon start on Nairaland

Bad people

Say No to IGBO phobia

Mods do the needful please
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by ohenhen1: 1:25am On Apr 21, 2015
https://twitter.com/search?q=%23boycottSouthAfrica&src=tyah
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by kinibigdeal(m): 1:25am On Apr 21, 2015
See Nigerians that want to start revolution, ordinary MTN dey threaten us for our back yard we dey piss for body. Mtchewwww

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by cap28: 1:25am On Apr 21, 2015
Sweetguy25:
MTN and other south african companies have condemned the events occurring in their country, I see no reason why we should cry more than the bereaved. Nigerian and Indian companies pay worse than MTN. Also, MTN makes a lot of money from Nigeria because of their highly effective business model. There's no point in showing them who's boss or whatever, that unreasonable and it should only happen on events that were caused by MTN.

MTN are only concerned about their profit margin they couldn't care less iif 1 million Nigerians are lynched in their country, first of all the owners of MTN are white and as you well know whites do not give a shi.t about black African lives therefore we need to make it clear to them that we will no longer continue to be treated as passive, docile slaves. Hit them where it hurts by boycotting their services because in doing so yhou will be speaking to them in the only language that they understand - the language of money and power.

This is our chance to make them understand that we are not the fools that they think we are.

Just let this boycott get underway and you will see how quickly their govt will move into action. The last thing Zuma and his cronies want is for white owned businesses like MTN to withdraw their support for his corrupt regime.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by NaMe4: 1:27am On Apr 21, 2015
I never see people with beggar mentality like Nigerians. Lawd! These MTN shitz even had the Nerve!

In protest, Boycott the services of the ambassadors representing where our citizens are killed mercilessly with people holding cameras and what do we have. . . Many Nigerians already peeing in their pants with threats of job loss. Some here are thinking of their meagre salaries over genocide.

Na only MTN don threaten una like this people for here dey shake. I wonder which format the restaurants go carry come.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Nobody: 1:28am On Apr 21, 2015
slimmy05:
I don't respond to nuisance like you. smiley
u just did. Obolo
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by chuksmarvin(m): 1:29am On Apr 21, 2015
The sweet bitter truth is he is right! And we have ourselves to blame.
I hold no affiliation to mtn!. But can you really tell a private business to go and solve its home country government responsibilities? ?..come on!
Its like Cameroon sending dangote packing because boko haram from nigeria attacked them or telling him to go and solve it first.
We condemn the attack yes, but mtn can do nothing besides what its doing which is publicly condemning it to be candid.
And if you are to make a list of the sponsored projects and jobs that mtn indirectly creates we ll see that though they re getting rich off us, we aint totally losing at all. From mtn proj fame to thousand others ...They ve always been the first to start them.
Our govt can get more from them by strengthening our own telecomms to loosen the monopoly but until then, they are a necessary evil and rightly so!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by igwedaboss(m): 1:30am On Apr 21, 2015
fitzmayowa:

Mike ipoki is the current CEO of mtn nigeria, so mtn nigeria is under a nigerian...
It's been run by a Nigerian doesn't mean it is owned by Nigeria or a nigerian

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by lekkiss(m): 1:30am On Apr 21, 2015
tnk yah star it gej nd not obj or gmb...

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by chuksmarvin(m): 1:36am On Apr 21, 2015
cap28:

MTN are only concerned about their profit margin they couldn't care less iif 1 million Nigerians are lynched in their country, first of all the owners of MTN are white and as you well know whites do not give a shi.t about black African lives therefore we need to make it clear to them that we will no longer continue to be treated as passive, docile slaves. Hit them where it hurts by boycotting their services because in doing so yhou will be speaking to them in the only language that they understand - the language of money and power.

This is our chance to make them understand that we are not the fools that they think we are.

Just let this boycott get underway and you will see how quickly their govt will move into action. The last thing Zuma and his cronies want is for white owned businesses like MTN to withdraw their support for his corrupt regime.

My bro, i understand your vexation but really, mtn were making profits when they decided to come to nigeria. Coming to Nigeria only increased it exponentially. They have a good business model and they played the game well....blame our poor govt for not having a solid competitor to buffer their actions.
All in all....nigerians re benefitting immensely from mtn business...not just the 6000 and 500 000 but also the multiplier effect in other families supported by pple workin in mtn...they ve done what their lot about the xenophobia thingy. If they didnt condemn it now its a different thing.
Dont forget that guerilla warfare is an unwinnable war! The only solution is for it not to have started!
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by chuksmarvin(m): 1:39am On Apr 21, 2015
igwedaboss:

It's been run by a Nigerian doesn't mean it is owned by Nigeria or a nigerian
So what?...our economy benefits immensely from the relationship and until we can do something about it...we are handicapped!.
If the owners arent nigerians, doesn't mean we re not making a living off them as well.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Nobody: 1:40am On Apr 21, 2015
This guy na mumu, he think say we go close MTN, we will simply get it sold!

To hell with SA.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Nobody: 1:42am On Apr 21, 2015
If Nigerians use MTN to get to the South Africans so what, were sounding threat as if your voucher are free of charge its only in Nigeria MTN make so much money and Nigerians have the right to speak through you don't start threatening us as if there was no other network before MTN came you making it look as if we are the only benefitting from you guys #STOPXENOPHOBICVIOLENCE

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Sweetguy25: 1:43am On Apr 21, 2015
cap28:

Dude, you don't live in Nigeria and you won't be affected by the economic consequences of your demands. That's all I can say.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Psyafe(m): 1:48am On Apr 21, 2015
WhatsApp Messaging Application Now Serves 800m Users monthly: http://www.psyafe.com/2015/04/whatsapp-messaging-application-now.html?spref=tw
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by lekwas: 1:49am On Apr 21, 2015
MTN Nigeria has no right to issue threats of job loss to Nigerians. Before the advent of MTn were Nigerians not working?

By the way, of the 6,000 in reference how many are full staff and paid well?

I understand their returns are mad straight to SA so as their monies do not stay in a Nigerian bank for upto 24hrs.

They should be more interested in impressing it on their home country to stop this evil rather than threatning Nigerians.

I am not and will never subscribe to any form of reprisal. A decent boycott of their services will surely impact their income.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Nobody: 1:54am On Apr 21, 2015
If Nigerians use MTN to get to the South Africans so what, were sounding threat as if your voucher are free of charge its only in Nigeria MTN make so much money and Nigerians have the right to speak through you don't start threatening us as if there was no other network before MTN came you making it look as if we are the only benefitting from you guys #STOPXENOPHOBICVIOLENCE

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by vone2000tolu: 1:55am On Apr 21, 2015
Story story!!!!
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by nijanigga: 2:03am On Apr 21, 2015
Mr Wale Goodluck, how much is MTN remitting to South Africa?
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by true2home(m): 2:04am On Apr 21, 2015
this the problem with our people. if MTN feels the pain, their home country will show some respect for Nigerian. and for all saying that MTN is doing us a favor, please!!! if they leave, a nigerian can do better if we care to do so. there is nothing we cant do. we go abroad and apply our self to be the best outside, but will never do the same at home. how do we expect nigeria to grow.

I already start my own boycott, no MTN for me and beside, i support our own brand always till they become the best Glo for life! if we all support our own, Glo can be better than MTN. or better yet, another person out of the 170M nigerian with brain can come up with his or her company for GOd sake!

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Francis5: 2:09am On Apr 21, 2015
Firefire:
MTN, can you please keep your job loss warning. angry

Nigerians are not barbaric, we have no plans of attacking MTN facilities anywhere on our soil.

But we are sending our strong warnings to South African government to take a decisive action against the senseless action of your vampires, no country has monopoly of violence.

Let MTN Nigeria pass the message across in strong terms.

But Boko Harams are Nigerians @ barbaric
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Bifwoli: 2:21am On Apr 21, 2015
shachris03:
na just mouth dem dey make sha. If we lose the jobs, you lose your company. you can't threaten us on our own soil.

It shows how callous/heartless these greedy S.Africans are. Whats the worth of people's lives compared to money+ jobs?Take your stinking MTN and go burry it in one of your empty gold mines.Blurry barbaric foolz.

Sick South African money worshipping savages.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by rman: 2:38am On Apr 21, 2015
chuksmarvin:
The sweet bitter truth is he is right! And we have ourselves to blame.
I hold no affiliation to mtn!. But can you really tell a private business to go and solve its home country government responsibilities? ?..come on!
Its like Cameroon sending dangote packing because boko haram from nigeria attacked them or telling him to go and solve it first.
We condemn the attack yes, but mtn can do nothing besides what its doing which is publicly condemning it to be candid.
And if you are to make a list of the sponsored projects and jobs that mtn indirectly creates we ll see that though they re getting rich off us, we aint totally losing at all. From mtn proj fame to thousand others ...They ve always been the first to start them.
Our govt can get more from them by strengthening our own telecomms to loosen the monopoly but until then, they are a necessary evil and rightly so!!

The only reasonable poster. Others are just posting from an emotional point of view.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Demmzy15(m): 2:39am On Apr 21, 2015
Firefire:
MTN, can you please keep your job loss warning. angry

Nigerians are not barbaric, we have no plans of attacking MTN facilities anywhere on our soil.

But we are sending our strong warnings to South African government to take a decisive action against the senseless action of your vampires, no country has monopoly of violence.

Let MTN Nigeria pass the message across in strong terms.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

See What I Found In My Kolo In Just A Month (pictures ) / Welcome-Hisenjos Fiverr,Freelancer via Payoneer Skrill Exchange Customer Support / "2 Years Ago I Started My Business With N30K But Now.."Nigerian Man Reveals.PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.