Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Re:xenophobia-MTN Threaten 6,000 Job Losses,POOR PUBLIC RELATIONS APPROACH - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re:xenophobia-MTN Threaten 6,000 Job Losses,POOR PUBLIC RELATIONS APPROACH (585 Views)

Reps Summon MTN, Glo, Others Over Job Losses / FG Laments Poor Public Support For Anti-graft War / Nigerian Army Gets New Director Of Public Relations [see Photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re:xenophobia-MTN Threaten 6,000 Job Losses,POOR PUBLIC RELATIONS APPROACH by youngalex(m): 5:55am On Apr 21, 2015
I read with utmost dismay the response of MTN Nigeria to the continued threats on the lives and properties of Nigerians living in South Africa, leading to loss of businesses and sudden termination of human lives,Nigerians threatened to shut down their facilities in Nigeria and MTN came up with the most callous,irrational press statement
What I Expected;
-Commend Nigerians for their maturity and plead for their understanding to enable both ends manage the crisis
- Disclose the efforts made by the telecoms firm towards reaching out to their Government with a view to ending the crisis
-Practical Steps suggested by the telecom firm to the S.A Govt to prevent future occurence and a written commitment made by their Govt. Towards ending the crisis and arresting those responsible with immediate effect.
....This is what I expected from a telecoms body who has generated more profit than the jobs it created in Nigeria,Let them note that if Nigerians shut down their facility(which they won't),They will be forced to sell their operating licence to another firm which will still operate and absorb the jobs lost.
In a nutshell...MTN SHOULD NOT THREATEN NIGERIANS WITH JOB LOSES...WE ARE LOOSING LIVES IN THEIR COUNTRY
Re: Re:xenophobia-MTN Threaten 6,000 Job Losses,POOR PUBLIC RELATIONS APPROACH by Nobody: 6:02am On Apr 21, 2015
They had better stop dis xenophobia of tin. Before they came to Nigeria, aren't we working? Mbok we value lives more than dis der kobo paid jobs. God help us.
#OneAfrica
Re: Re:xenophobia-MTN Threaten 6,000 Job Losses,POOR PUBLIC RELATIONS APPROACH by Nobody: 6:04am On Apr 21, 2015
they simply gave a middle finger to nigerians forgetting they have at least 2 competitors with enough resources to collect their staffs
Re: Re:xenophobia-MTN Threaten 6,000 Job Losses,POOR PUBLIC RELATIONS APPROACH by youngalex(m): 6:07am On Apr 21, 2015
iterator24:
they simply gave a middle finger to nigerians forgetting they have at least 2 competitors with enough resources to collect their staffs
Seriously,that statement makes mockery of Nigeria and Nigerians
Re: Re:xenophobia-MTN Threaten 6,000 Job Losses,POOR PUBLIC RELATIONS APPROACH by estyvino(m): 6:28am On Apr 21, 2015
Before the occasion we have been eating... mTn mTn mTn, how many times I call you?
Re: Re:xenophobia-MTN Threaten 6,000 Job Losses,POOR PUBLIC RELATIONS APPROACH by youngalex(m): 9:22am On Apr 21, 2015
estyvino:
Before the occasion we have been eating... mTn mTn mTn, how many times I call you?
I wonder o

(1) (Reply)

Super Rich Nigerians, Others Spend $900M On Property In UK / Lagos Cancels Third Toll Plaza On Lekki-epe Expressway / What Is Wrong With This Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.