Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,896 members, 7,824,758 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Do Not Expect A Miracle From Me - Buhari Warn Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do Not Expect A Miracle From Me - Buhari Warn Nigerians (606 Views)

Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warn Aides / People of Daura will not expect favour from me- Buhari / Jonathan ‘has Nothing To Fear From Me’- Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Not Expect A Miracle From Me - Buhari Warn Nigerians by Nobody: 8:02am On Apr 21, 2015
President-elect Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd) has urged Nigerians not to expect miracles from him when he takeover government on May 29.

He made the remark when Bauchi governor-elect, Mohammed Abubakar led other elected members of the All Progressives Congress, APC, to felicitate with Buhari on his electoral victory.

“We are trying to dampen the high expectations, there is no way we can perform miracles because the damage took 16 years, especially on the economy and unemployment. It will take time for us to put the infrastructure right and help revive the textile industry which employ a lot of people but today, they hardly have employees except those that keep watch over their properties.

We are betting on Agriculture and mining for immediate employment of Nigerians, so that we can do a detailed study on the other sectors. I told the governor-elect and other elected members to help tell members of their constituencies to exercise some patience when we are sworn-in,” Buhari said.

Source: http://www.maxnaija.com/2015/04/nigerians-do-not-expect-miracle-from-me.html
Re: Do Not Expect A Miracle From Me - Buhari Warn Nigerians by lomprico(m): 8:21am On Apr 21, 2015
But you promised miracles!!

1 Like

Re: Do Not Expect A Miracle From Me - Buhari Warn Nigerians by zinachidi(m): 8:21am On Apr 21, 2015
buh u guys promised us miracles(e.g equating naira to dollar) if u won. Now u have and u saying not to expect them. Nigerian politicians are the same.
Re: Do Not Expect A Miracle From Me - Buhari Warn Nigerians by Nobody: 8:31am On Apr 21, 2015
Re: Do Not Expect A Miracle From Me - Buhari Warn Nigerians by Nobody: 8:44am On Apr 21, 2015
4years will soon come o... we gonna vote you guys out, and vote in a magician
Re: Do Not Expect A Miracle From Me - Buhari Warn Nigerians by Nobody: 8:48am On Apr 21, 2015
hahaha,change grin!!change can also be change of mouth

1 Like

Re: Do Not Expect A Miracle From Me - Buhari Warn Nigerians by Orunto: 10:24am On Apr 21, 2015
And not a Failure too!!!
Re: Do Not Expect A Miracle From Me - Buhari Warn Nigerians by juman(m): 10:29am On Apr 21, 2015
He should better quickly learn how to be a miracle doer.
Re: Do Not Expect A Miracle From Me - Buhari Warn Nigerians by mickeymimi: 11:07am On Apr 21, 2015
If you are angry at Buhari who is just a president-elect, what will you do when he sworn in? Please give him a chance ,it is too early to complain.

Buhari is been sincere here is only a fool will be expecting miracle, when all sector in nigeria are almost dead . Who in his right senses would expect that within a short time Buhari's administration would undo the damages of all these years?

We are talking unemployment in double digit, decaying infrastructure, economy in the tank, epileptic and sometimes non-existent power supply, insecurity etc. We haven't even mentioned corruption in astronomic proportions!

The man is only being honest, the kind of honesty that has been lacking in Nigeria, especially in this outgoing administration, and the kind of honesty that you also obviously lack.

Buhari appealed to Nigerians not to expect instant miracles from his government to fix all the problems facing the country, but to be patient and supportive, saying he will need enough time to address the Boko Haram insurgency in the North-east and other challenges confronting the nation.

Didn't Jonathan make many promises as candidate in 2011 in order to win votes? How many of them did he fulfil? I guess that makes him a hypocrite too.

Buhari hasn't even been sworn in yet!

It's not too much to ask for na, Rome was not built in a day. You need to stop whining and broaden your mind .
Re: Do Not Expect A Miracle From Me - Buhari Warn Nigerians by DaGC(m): 12:45pm On Apr 21, 2015
mickeymimi:
If you are angry at Buhari who is just a president-elect, what will you do when he sworn in? Please give him a chance ,it is too early to complain.

Buhari is been sincere here is only a fool will be expecting miracle, when all sector in nigeria are almost dead . Who in his right senses would expect that within a short time Buhari's administration would undo the damages of all these years?

We are talking unemployment in double digit, decaying infrastructure, economy in the tank, epileptic and sometimes non-existent power supply, insecurity etc. We haven't even mentioned corruption in astronomic proportions!

The man is only being honest, the kind of honesty that has been lacking in Nigeria, especially in this outgoing administration, and the kind of honesty that you also obviously lack.

Buhari appealed to Nigerians not to expect instant miracles from his government to fix all the problems facing the country, but to be patient and supportive, saying he will need enough time to address the Boko Haram insurgency in the North-east and other challenges confronting the nation.

Didn't Jonathan make many promises as candidate in 2011 in order to win votes? How many of them did he fulfil? I guess that makes him a hypocrite too.

Buhari hasn't even been sworn in yet!

It's not too much to ask for na, Rome was not built in a day. You need to stop whining and broaden your mind .

Bro, the way the campaigns went, they positioned Nigerians to expect miracles. He even went as far as saying Boko Haram will be eliminated in 2months time when he assumes office. Promised stable electricity, payment for the poor/unemployed and millions of jobs etc. They created the impression on Nigerians to expect miracles. if GEJ was lambasted for not solving Nigeria's problems in 5years, then I think 4years is a good yardstick for the General to solve a lot of them as advertised during the campaigns. What we shouldn't do is make excuses for our leaders. In 2019, we shall re-evaluate.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari In Aso Rock On A Private Visit To Jonathan / GEJ TILL 2019 / Photo: Never-Say-Die-Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.