Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,798 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:08 PM

Misfire On Cylinder 4 On Toyota Camry Big Daddy...help! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Misfire On Cylinder 4 On Toyota Camry Big Daddy...help! (3079 Views)

Cylinder 4 Misfire After Battery Change. / 2007 Corolla P0016 + Cylinder Misfire / Location Of Cylinder 4. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Misfire On Cylinder 4 On Toyota Camry Big Daddy...help! by greatkamala: 11:23am On Apr 21, 2015
good morning gurus,
scanned my car yesterday and got fault code saying misfire at cylinder 4..cnt remember d code naw but I read d description from d scanner.
the mechanic is saying its either d plug at 4 , coil or something bout d wires.
I wana do d repairs dis week but I need expert opinion b4 going ahead.
car is a Toyota Camry 2003 v6
thank you.
cc: GAZZUZZ
siena
lomomike
luvinhubby etc
Re: Misfire On Cylinder 4 On Toyota Camry Big Daddy...help! by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:32pm On Apr 21, 2015
greatkamala:
good morning gurus,
scanned my car yesterday and got fault code saying misfire at cylinder 4..cnt remember d code naw but I read d description from d scanner.
thank you.
siena
lomomike
luvinhubby etc

You didn't mention if you had any problems with the engine? Clear the code and rescan after 100km. Worst case senario replace all six spark plugs with original oem.
Re: Misfire On Cylinder 4 On Toyota Camry Big Daddy...help! by autologic: 2:33pm On Apr 21, 2015
greatkamala:
good morning gurus,
thank you.
siena
lomomike
luvinhubby etc
This is an easy fix,r mechanic is right.He will just need to check all the component on cylinder 4 and erase the code after the necessary repair has been carried out.
Re: Misfire On Cylinder 4 On Toyota Camry Big Daddy...help! by Leeman0007: 3:15pm On Apr 21, 2015
The code you have should be P0304 and maybe P0300. Now mechanic is right. Its either the coil, the plug, or some broken wires. Really most times you can detect the issue by taking the coil out and listening for sound changes in the car or swapping say coil 6 with 4. At the moment the car may not be running very smoothly. If you haven't changed your plugs in a while then do so. Change all of them with original ones (I have the habit of always keeping the old ones).

1 Like

Re: Misfire On Cylinder 4 On Toyota Camry Big Daddy...help! by greatkamala: 4:55pm On Apr 21, 2015
car runs smoothly 4 naw.....only noticed 2 episodes of slightly rough idling yesterday, none so far 2day.
will tel him 2 go ahead wit d repairs 2mao den.
can someone giv me a rough estimate of repair cost pls?
cost of coils....cost of plugs...etc
Re: Misfire On Cylinder 4 On Toyota Camry Big Daddy...help! by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:13pm On Apr 21, 2015
greatkamala:
car runs smoothly 4 naw.....only noticed 2 episodes of slightly rough idling yesterday, none so far 2day.
will tel him 2 go ahead wit d repairs 2mao den.
can someone giv me a rough estimate of repair cost pls?
cost of coils....cost of plugs...etc

Bad gas can cause an error code.
Re: Misfire On Cylinder 4 On Toyota Camry Big Daddy...help! by greatkamala: 10:23pm On Apr 21, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Bad gas can cause an error code.

well.said chief...cnt entirely rule dt out cos git fuel for my gen at my last refill nd twas smelling funny wen I put it in d gen nd d fuel gauge jst dy reduce lik say na water I put inside
Re: Misfire On Cylinder 4 On Toyota Camry Big Daddy...help! by Leeman0007: 3:19pm On Apr 22, 2015
Agreed that bad fuel can cause error codes. But lets rewind now. It may be good to know what code you got from the scan. From my own experience when you say it was a misfire code I assumed it was the P0300 series. bad fuel may give you codes such as P0171 and P0174. Again if the problem is on only one cylinder then in a V6 you may not really notice it that much if the other 5 are working properly. With you saying you had some slight episodes of rough idling then yes could be the plugs etc.

Did you pack the car without use for a while in recent times?
Re: Misfire On Cylinder 4 On Toyota Camry Big Daddy...help! by UncleDeeee(m): 8:53pm On Apr 22, 2015
Had same problem with my cylinder 3 sometime in 2013. Check coils by swapping them. In my case the nozzle was the problem. Had it replaced
Re: Misfire On Cylinder 4 On Toyota Camry Big Daddy...help! by Henray02: 4:45am On Aug 26, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

You didn't mention if you had any problems with the engine? Clear the code and rescan after 100km. Worst case senario replace all six spark plugs with original oem.

gazzuzz please I need help with my Camry 2003 V6 , I’ve changed all the plugs , coils and had my mechanic replace some nozzles but I still have misfire. It works fine when it’s cold but ones it’s warms up, hesitates to move from startup . Also changed the fuel pump
Re: Misfire On Cylinder 4 On Toyota Camry Big Daddy...help! by Henray02: 4:47am On Aug 26, 2022
Also changes misfire from on cylinder to another .
Re: Misfire On Cylinder 4 On Toyota Camry Big Daddy...help! by Dozieson(m): 7:47pm On Aug 26, 2022
Henray02:

gazzuzz please I need help with my Camry 2003 V6 , I’ve changed all the plugs , coils and had my mechanic replace some nozzles but I still have misfire. It works fine when it’s cold but ones it’s warms up, hesitates to move from startup . Also changed the fuel pump

Q
1. Is the car still misfiring
2. Have you scan the car?

Go and scan and stop wasting money on parts that you don't need
Re: Misfire On Cylinder 4 On Toyota Camry Big Daddy...help! by jceesquare(m): 9:01pm On Aug 26, 2022
Henray02:

Run a fuel pressure test when it starts misfiring. As suggested, scan the car for codes.
Also check the condition of your air filter and replace where necessary.
Re: Misfire On Cylinder 4 On Toyota Camry Big Daddy...help! by Henray02: 11:04pm On Aug 26, 2022
jceesquare:

Run a fuel pressure test when it starts misfiring. As suggested, scan the car for codes.
Also check the condition of your air filter and replace where necessary.
Not sure my mechanic has fuel pressure gauge , I’ll run a scan again . Last time I scanned it reads multiple cylinder misfires tho
Re: Misfire On Cylinder 4 On Toyota Camry Big Daddy...help! by Henray02: 11:08pm On Aug 26, 2022
Dozieson:

Q

Still misfiring and last scan says multiple cylinder misfire
Also switches from one or two cylinder to another . It’s tiring
Re: Misfire On Cylinder 4 On Toyota Camry Big Daddy...help! by jceesquare(m): 4:58am On Aug 27, 2022
Henray02:

Not sure my mechanic has fuel pressure gauge , I’ll run a scan again . Last time I scanned it reads multiple cylinder misfires tho
Change the complete fuel pump assembly and not just the pump. Change external filter if it has one. Try not to drive with quarter tank or low fuel for long.
I guess what happens is that your pump overheats after a while and starts misbehaving. The petrol in your tank acts as a coolant for the pump and when you run your car low on petrol the pump overheats.
Re: Misfire On Cylinder 4 On Toyota Camry Big Daddy...help! by Dozieson(m): 6:13am On Aug 27, 2022
Henray02:

Still misfiring and last scan says multiple cylinder misfire
Also switches from one or two cylinder to another . It’s tiring

Scan again and share the codes. Codes will show the particular cylinder misfiring
Re: Misfire On Cylinder 4 On Toyota Camry Big Daddy...help! by Henray02: 6:14am On Aug 27, 2022
jceesquare:

Change the complete fuel pump assembly and not just the pump. Change external filter if it has one. Try not to drive with quarter tank or low fuel for long.
I guess what happens is that your pump overheats after a while and starts misbehaving. The petrol in your tank acts as a coolant for the pump and when you run your car low on petrol the pump overheats.

I’ll run a scan on it today and give you feedback .
Here are my observations :
It hesitates from startup
And when it picks up , jerks inbtw ( not too noticeable) even d passenger near me wdnt notice it
But runs fine later
Only problem I have is startup and happens whenever I step on Gas

Feels like oxygen sensor is going bad ?
Re: Misfire On Cylinder 4 On Toyota Camry Big Daddy...help! by Henray02: 6:15am On Aug 27, 2022
Dozieson:

Scan again and share the codes. Codes will show the particular cylinder misfiring
I will scan this morning and give feedback
Thanks
Re: Misfire On Cylinder 4 On Toyota Camry Big Daddy...help! by boldx(m): 2:59pm On Aug 27, 2022
08034533668 Abuja

Re: Misfire On Cylinder 4 On Toyota Camry Big Daddy...help! by jceesquare(m): 7:59pm On Aug 27, 2022
Henray02:

I’ll run a scan on it today and give you feedback .
Here are my observations :
It hesitates from startup
And when it picks up , jerks inbtw ( not too noticeable) even d passenger near me wdnt notice it
But runs fine later
Only problem I have is startup and happens whenever I step on Gas

Feels like oxygen sensor is going bad ?

When you accelerate or at start-up (as described) the demand for fuel and air from your engine is high. If your car cannot supply either of the 2, it will result to power loose as you're experiencing. From your last scan showing Random multiple misfire; coupled with your explanation, you're definitely having a fuel delivery issue. A fuel pressure test would give you a clearer picture.

As I've suggested earlier, you will need to get a complete fuel assembly and not just the pump for peace of mind.

The oxygen sensor monitors the oxygen level in the exhaust system amongst other functions and would not make you have the symptoms you're experiencing with your car.
Re: Misfire On Cylinder 4 On Toyota Camry Big Daddy...help! by Henray02: 11:52am On Aug 28, 2022
jceesquare:

When you accelerate or at start-up (as described) the demand for fuel and air from your engine is high. If your car cannot supply either of the 2, it will result to power loose as you're experiencing. From your last scan showing Random multiple misfire; coupled with your explanation, you're definitely having a fuel delivery issue. A fuel pressure test would give you a clearer picture.

As I've suggested earlier, you will need to get a complete fuel assembly and not just the pump for peace of mind.

The oxygen sensor monitors the oxygen level in the exhaust system amongst other functions and would not make you have the symptoms you're experiencing with your car.

I’ll get the complete fuel pump replaced tomorrow
Thanks so much
Re: Misfire On Cylinder 4 On Toyota Camry Big Daddy...help! by Dozieson(m): 2:18pm On Aug 28, 2022
Henray02:

I’ll get the complete fuel pump replaced tomorrow
Thanks so much

Scan before you replace. Don't be wasting money anyhow
Re: Misfire On Cylinder 4 On Toyota Camry Big Daddy...help! by Angrygoat: 8:57am On Aug 29, 2022
Don't go and buy complete,you will regret it. Pls and pls buy just the pump,tokunbor highest 4 to 5k. Brand new China original 9k. Don't buy complete oh,u will regret it o. I don buy two complete still na error,I reverted back to factory and bought brand new pump from aliexpress. Its working fine and no more backfire or coughing or stalling at low speed. Pls just pump,either your coils amd spark plugs are going bad to..pls don't let mechanic scam u oh,ag been thr and done that.
Re: Misfire On Cylinder 4 On Toyota Camry Big Daddy...help! by Henray02: 2:54pm On Aug 29, 2022
Angrygoat:
Don't go and buy complete,you will regret it. Pls and pls buy just the pump,tokunbor highest 4 to 5k. Brand new China original 9k. Don't buy complete oh,u will regret it o. I don buy two complete still na error,I reverted back to factory and bought brand new pump from aliexpress. Its working fine and no more backfire or coughing or stalling at low speed. Pls just pump,either your coils amd spark plugs are going bad to..pls don't let mechanic scam u oh,ag been thr and done that.

Thanks
Tested with another pump and it was same thing . Scan revealed a bad coil . It was changed and it’s alright now . Thanks all for your suggestions . I appreciate �
Re: Misfire On Cylinder 4 On Toyota Camry Big Daddy...help! by Dozieson(m): 7:45pm On Aug 29, 2022
Henray02:

Thanks
Tested with another pump and it was same thing . Scan revealed a bad coil . It was changed and it’s alright now . Thanks all for your suggestions . I appreciate �

That is what you should have done earlier. Always scan before you change parts. Toyota cars hardly have difficult problems to solve except for overheating and oil burns
Re: Misfire On Cylinder 4 On Toyota Camry Big Daddy...help! by Henray02: 11:11am On Aug 30, 2022
Dozieson:

Q

It’s working fine now , had a faulty Coil
Thanks all

J

(1) (Reply)

2015 VW Polo, Good Buy or NOT? / MTN Car Tracker In Abuja / Honda Accord Evil Spirit (2008) Full Option For Sale - 1.3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.