Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,622 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

I Need An Advice Urgently! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Need An Advice Urgently! (540 Views)

Please Guys I Need An Advice / The Quest To Travel :An Advice To Intending Travellers(A True Life Story) / I Need An Advice On My Canada Application. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Need An Advice Urgently! by jaidor: 4:45pm On Apr 21, 2015
Fellow Nairalanders, I need your candid opinion on an issue that has been bugging my mind and seriously in need of someone to advice me. I graduated from a government university in Nigeria, and out of my zeal to posses more knowledge, I decided to proceed to get my masters degree from a university in the united states. however, along the line i discovered that I will not be able to afford the outrageous fee been required by the university. a relative of mine then counselled me on starting all over again from a "Community College" in the state where I can then proceed to a university to get a Bachelor's degree (after four years). i need to know what you guys think about this...and perhaps if you have (or a relative of yours) gone through the community school so I could learn one or two things from you...if I could cope on my own financially (I plan to get a part-time job during schooling). Thanks
Re: I Need An Advice Urgently! by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 21, 2015
Waste of time.
Better u go do a professional certificate course.
Re: I Need An Advice Urgently! by worry357: 5:00pm On Apr 21, 2015
Community col is often a big red flag to visa officer.
Education from C.C. is a lower standard and potential employers know tis. You will be at the bottom of the pile for job applications.
Going to USA. or any country without sufficient funds hoping to get a job is not a good plan. You may well fail as so many have done and loose your school place, be rejected and sent home. Loosing all the money you have spent with still no education.

Make plans that fit your funds. If that means another, cheaper, country then accept that and move forward.
If it means staying home, the same.

(1) (Reply)

Traveling Light In Every Trip / Going To South Africa / Pls, Help A Sistur .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.