Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,933 members, 7,824,930 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach (13188 Views)

Kelechi Iheanacho Signs 2-year Extension Deal With Man City / Micho To Take Over As Nigeria's Coach / Sunday Oliseh To Emerge As Nigeria's New Coach - BBC Sport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by humberjade: 5:09pm On Apr 21, 2015
jamesw:
So its no longer a slave contract undecided

Slave contract ke, oti o mba.

It was a slave contract when his benefactor was pulling strings on his behalf 4rm Aso Rock...But not anymore; now that his man is busy packing his things outta Aso, d Big Boss don chop the humble pie grin
Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by chefremy(m): 5:10pm On Apr 21, 2015
ah! At last,no more news of keshi's contract....good for him.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by bid4rich(m): 5:11pm On Apr 21, 2015
Congrats to Mr. Keshi, its time for him to prove himself again for us to see. But if he cannot, I will conclude he won the African cup of nation by luck.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by lanruma001: 5:11pm On Apr 21, 2015
Keshi isnt the issue, we need good talented players: we have two or three ONLY!
Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by vicky4227(m): 5:12pm On Apr 21, 2015
The reason why NFF decided to call back keshi is not what i don't understand. Does it mean that there are no other coaches in Nigeria or the rest of the world?
Personally, i have nothing against Keshi. But it is obvious that this coach is not good at reading matches. That was why he was insisting that they call back nwosu for him because that was his engine room.
He is a coach that will be looking at a match and hav no idea what is wrong with his team. If he has a good coaching crew, then i wish him and the super eagles the best of luck. But i don't see Keshi making much impact with the super eagles.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by Deprime007: 5:13pm On Apr 21, 2015
Keshi doesnt ve any tin to offer he was appointed out of sentiment and piety. If he was that good why didnt he get a job outside Nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by shamecurls(m): 5:16pm On Apr 21, 2015
Chai!!! Emenike that has not scored on the last 9 weeks will be out top striker again.....

1 Like

Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by egbaguy: 5:19pm On Apr 21, 2015
Shameless mofo...... Arrogant olodo. Eagles aint qualifying for nxt afcon again. U all can quote me. Keshi is just like gej.... Success by luck!!!

1 Like

Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by Nobody: 5:19pm On Apr 21, 2015
Dis man no dey tire ke?
Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by dodobytes: 5:26pm On Apr 21, 2015
sad day for nigerian football...
Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by mayyorr01(m): 5:27pm On Apr 21, 2015
dridowu:
Stephen Keshi on Tuesday agreed to a new two-year contract to coach Nigeria’s national men’s football team, ending months of uncertainty and speculation over his future. Some opposed extending Keshi’s tenure as the Super Eagles coach after they failed to qualify for the recent Africa Cup of Nations in Equatorial Guinea.
Talks on a renewal also stalled in February when Keshi described Nigeria’s extension offer as a “slave contract”. But the 53-year-old called for a fresh start on Tuesday at an official signing ceremony, saying any lingering bitterness needed to be put in the past.
“This is the time for us to come together to fight for this nation,” Keshi said, adding: “I am begging you all to please put the past behind and let’s start afresh.”
Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) technical committee chairman Felix Anyansi-Agwu also described Keshi’s second stint as coach as “a new beginning”.
“The entire (NFF) board has absolute confidence in the capacity of Stephen Keshi to take the Super Eagles to new heights,” he told reporters.
Keshi’s initial contract of three years ran out after last year’s World Cup in Brazil, where Nigeria reached the last 16 knockout stages. He had previously steered the side to a win at the 2013 African championships, raising his profile in Africa’s most populous nation after a string disappointments at the continent’s top tournament.
The NFF was engulfed in controversy last year, including over Keshi’s status and irregularities that marred a vote to choose the federation’s new leaders. FIFA was forced to step in, warning that Nigeria could be disqualified from international competition if the NFF failed to clean up its act.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/football-keshi-signs-two-year-extension-as-nigeria-coach/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook
Good for him, Badt for SuperEagle
Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by bamiyoolountoke: 5:28pm On Apr 21, 2015
We may have one the Nations cup with this man but we really have never played intelligently. Wish him all the best though.

We hope he brings in good new players and not the usual Aaron Samuel and co rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by manuelpepper: 5:33pm On Apr 21, 2015
i dont support super eagles.....argentina is my team.
Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by Onozboy(m): 5:39pm On Apr 21, 2015
Congratulations sir ......wish you the best......
Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by Aystarz: 5:46pm On Apr 21, 2015
pek:
Not a good news. So, the mediocrity and permutations continue. Thought he didn't want the Eagle's job?

hmmm only a fool (the NFF) does the same thing over and over again, yet expects a different outcome. Out the window just went our chances of getting a 2017 afcon appearance. Fasten ur seatbelts pipu, we are in for another torrid ride in the qualifiers.
Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by Isangad1(m): 5:48pm On Apr 21, 2015
BULLSHIT.
Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by frisky2good(m): 5:51pm On Apr 21, 2015
Keshi should understand that this could be his last coaching job in this world. All those countries he boasted were waiting to sign him, they all looked another way. He should stop inviting players that will make people think he's collecting money from the players. E.G. Agbim! He should not tell us that 23 year old players are too young for the super eagles when other countries are fielding genuine 23 year old players. He should not talk unnecessarily to journalists because some of his interviews look like they conducted while he was drunk. He should not fight openly with players because it makes a coach look like he's beefing the player. Lastly, he should get the team to play good football that we will be proud of.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by Isangad1(m): 5:52pm On Apr 21, 2015
10yrs step backward.
big boss or big fool
Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by vicky4227(m): 5:53pm On Apr 21, 2015
Aystarz:

hmmm only a fool (the NFF) does the same thing over and over again, yet expects a different outcome. Out the window just went our chances of getting a 2017 afcon appearance. Fasten ur seatbelts pipu, we are in for another torrid ride in the qualifiers.

You are right on point. What happened in the nation is what we want in the NFF. We need change. it is obvious that these people are bent on making shady deals with Nigerian coaches so that they can continue to steal money.
They are doing this under the impression that the government cannot get involved in football. they also forget that the EFCC can get involve with any form of corruption and stealing.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by freshdude99(m): 5:55pm On Apr 21, 2015
paulolee:
hmmmm... very angry wt every bit of dis news
he said he is receiving offers from oda top African country n still went ahead, waited lyk a kid waiting for chocolate wt xo much desperation for wat he earlier tagged a "slave contract"
we all kno dt Keshi is supposed to b job hunting if it's not GEJ dt intervened wen d NFF kicked him out
change av arrived n I tink dt since it's d season of change, d wind of change should please start from d sports sector coz wi ar very much behind..
advanced country wud sack dier coaches or pressure d coaches to tender dier resignation letter if deY av failed, for example wat Brazil did to fellipe Scolari n wat Italy did to dier coach after dier bad performance in d last world cup..
Keshi had an average performance in d world cup bt failed d whole nation by failing to take us to d same Afcon he luckily won..
dnt blame him n dose dt gave him d contract coz corruption is d order of d day n it's all abT d money n politics...
NIGERIA dnT kno d waY forward...
d only country that an away club hardly win a match in d league fixture ...
av lost passion for Nigeria football coz it's a big JOKE
U go just they yarn anyhow sometimes
I weak for ur matter o cry
Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by vicky4227(m): 5:57pm On Apr 21, 2015
freshdude99:

U go just they yarn anyhow sometimes
I weak for ur matter o cry

Lol @ freshdude stop yarning.
Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by Oluwason(m): 6:02pm On Apr 21, 2015
Sigh, reason why Nigeria football will never move forward
Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by uzolexis(f): 6:03pm On Apr 21, 2015
Hmmmmm
Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by vicky4227(m): 6:04pm On Apr 21, 2015
Oluwason:
Sigh, reason why Nigeria football will never move forward
Just what i am trying to say. Nigerian football is led by blind leaders and following them means that we will all fall into a pit some day.
Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by Nobody: 6:24pm On Apr 21, 2015
tolustx:
Booked in case.

U dont have to bc this keshi contract is a course for concern.
Damm it!
There is no terrorism like this.
Keshi and anyone involved in this scam is a terrorist.
Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by Akiika: 6:25pm On Apr 21, 2015
Keshi again? olodo coach!
Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by jossyj: 6:26pm On Apr 21, 2015
Ike. Shi is a animal with his arrogance. I do not watch the chicken eagles again because of him.
Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by Nobody: 6:29pm On Apr 21, 2015
KESHI AGAIN!!!! NOOOOOOOOO! I THOUGHT WE WERR TRUE WT KESHI WAHALA
Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by jossyj: 6:30pm On Apr 21, 2015
jossyj:
Ike. Shi is an animal with his arrogance. I do not watch the chicken eagles again because of him.

indeed an animal
Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by AkpAkp1: 6:35pm On Apr 21, 2015
Too bad for Nigeria football
Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by Nobody: 6:48pm On Apr 21, 2015
NFF should have appointed an interim coach for the time being pending the after math of the fifa u20 world Cup in new Zealand. .
Manu Garba and Nduka Ogbade should then be given the nod to lead the Super Eagles so then we can have the continuity we so much crave for. .
Keshi will start using jabajanti players to execute high profile matches..
Don't we have indigenous coaches aside keshi? ? NFF keep dragging us back. . When has the job of coaching the Super Eagles become Keshi birthright??

?
Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by tundemogba12(m): 6:49pm On Apr 21, 2015
I'm very sure Nigeria will not qualify for the next nations cup cos we keep on recycling old faces while other serious african countries have engaged sound technical managers. We are just stagnant and refusing to move on. Well, all these will change from 29th of May when a new president is sworn in

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ogenyi Onazi's Facebook Page Hacked Because 'He No Dey Show Love' / Super Eagles Players Reportedly Against Decision To Sack Rohr / Four Clubs Qualify For NPFL After NNL Playoffs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.