Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Egyptian President Invites Buhari For Discussion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Egyptian President Invites Buhari For Discussion (20066 Views)

Recession: National Assembly Invites Buhari / Niger-Delta Avengers Invites Buhari To Niger-Delta / Chancellor Merkel Invites Buhari To Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Egyptian President Invites Buhari For Discussion by OKDnigeria: 4:49pm On Apr 21, 2015
The President of Egypt, Abdel Fatah al-Sisi, has
extended an official invitation to President-elect,
Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), in order for
the two African leaders to discuss how to
strengthen the bilateral relations between both
countries and the fight against terrorism.

A statement on Tuesday in Abuja by the Head of
Press and Information in Egyptian Embassy in
Nigeria, Mr. Ahmed Maher, explained that this was
discussed when al-Sisi called Buhari on the
telephone to congratulate him on his victory
during the recent presidential election.

The statement quoted the spokesman for the
Egyptian Presidency, Ambassador Alaa Youssef,
as stating that “during the call, they discussed the
bilateral relationship between the two countries
and agreed on the importance of this relationship
and the need to develop it on various levels.”
The also agreed to have more dialogue and
coordination at the African level for the interest of
the continent, which it described as a priority in
Egypt.

During the visit, Buhari and the Egyptian President
will also “discuss the regional and international
common interests like fighting terrorism and
enhancing the security and the stability of the
continent for the desired development of their
people.”

www.punchng.com/news/egyptian-president-invites-buhari-to-discuss-anti-terrorism/

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egyptian President Invites Buhari For Discussion by imbless: 4:50pm On Apr 21, 2015
Sai baba
We need bilateral relationship with european countries not just africa

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egyptian President Invites Buhari For Discussion by AhmedMustapha(m): 5:03pm On Apr 21, 2015
Well we need ties with our brothers up the north of Africa

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Egyptian President Invites Buhari For Discussion by Nobody: 5:04pm On Apr 21, 2015
Please we don't want to ally with terrorist places

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Egyptian President Invites Buhari For Discussion by seunmsg(m): 5:57pm On Apr 21, 2015
The Egyptian president should visit Nigeria if he want any cooperation with GMB. Nigeria is still the giant of Africa and our president elect can't be summoned in such manner by any African President. The president of Ghana, Cote D'ivoire and some other African countries have already visited the president elect. Nothing stops El-Sisi from doing same.

131 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Egyptian President Invites Buhari For Discussion by Buonsenso: 6:01pm On Apr 21, 2015
babyosisi:
Please we don't want to ally with terrorist places
Egypt is America most strategic partner in Africa.
And they know more about terrorist than you.

They have Isis on their borders and we have BH.
The partnership is welcome. We need each other to stop the terrorists.
Egypt is even more tolerant of Nigerians than south Africa.

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Egyptian President Invites Buhari For Discussion by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 21, 2015
Okay..cool
Re: Egyptian President Invites Buhari For Discussion by Orunto: 6:31pm On Apr 21, 2015
The Arabs are cashing in fast.

5 Likes

Re: Egyptian President Invites Buhari For Discussion by doctokwus: 7:02pm On Apr 21, 2015
Strategic partnership that should be cultivated in these days of terrorism.
Nigeria needs Egypt as much as they need us.We should not forget that Egypt has a headstart when it comes to confronting terrorists and with the public affiliation of BH to ISIS,nigeria needs strategic intelligence Egypt,but which nigeria presently lacks on any links or military/financial partnership btw both groups.
This is d new frontier GMB should take our military to.Fighting modern day,unconvential warfare these days goes beyond buying Ak47s,3rd rate aircrafts and over used tanks.We should not be celebrating mediocrity fostered on our revered military by an incompetent CinC and office generals.
Economic ties can also be strengthened with as many African countries as we can,they need our population and we need countries where we can tap knowledge,broaden our market influence and unleash the potentials that we definitely come with a president whose character alone gives every Nigerian a sense of pride and respect wherever we find ourselves.
Exciting times await us as a people and as a nation.Tell anyone I said so.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Egyptian President Invites Buhari For Discussion by Nobody: 7:10pm On Apr 21, 2015
Buonsenso:

Egypt is America most strategic partner in Africa.
And they know more about terrorist than you.

They have Isis on their borders and we have BH.
The partnership is welcome. We need each other to stop the terrorists.
Egypt is even more tolerant of Nigerians than south Africa.

As long as they are not a terrorist place looking to Islamize and shariarize I am ok
If not he should steer clear
We have enough problems already

6 Likes

Re: Egyptian President Invites Buhari For Discussion by moufan: 7:22pm On Apr 21, 2015
buhari please don't honour that man's invitation, that sisi guy is the most brutal, callous and savageous military man egypt has had since time immemorial, that sisi guy is a foolish pretender who cares less about the lives of ordinary egyptians and does not entertain dissident and opposition.please buhari run away from that guy called sisi because he is as brutal has anything.

9 Likes

Re: Egyptian President Invites Buhari For Discussion by ifyan(m): 7:22pm On Apr 21, 2015
seunmsg:
The Egyptian president should visit Nigeria if he want any cooperation with GMB. Nigeria is still the giant of Africa and our president elect can't be summoned in such manner by any African President. The president of Ghana, Ivory coast and some other African countries have already visited the president elect. Nothing stops El-Sisi from doing same.

True talk bro.

I don't think North Africa with accept Nigeria as the Giant of Africa.

You know. ....

7 Likes

Re: Egyptian President Invites Buhari For Discussion by OXYGEN011: 8:31pm On Apr 21, 2015
seunmsg:
The Egyptian president should visit Nigeria if he want any cooperation with GMB. Nigeria is still the giant of Africa and our president elect can't be summoned in such manner by any African President. The president of Ghana, Cote D'ivoire and some other African countries have already visited the president elect. Nothing stops El-Sisi from doing same.
Obama visited the President of Ghana so Ghana is better and greater than U.S.A I guess.I don't know why there are sooo many fools in nigeria who reasoned with their ass.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Egyptian President Invites Buhari For Discussion by OXYGEN011: 8:34pm On Apr 21, 2015
ifyan:

True talk bro.

I don't think North Africa with accept Nigeria as the Giant of Africa.

You know. ....
Funny ..And which country on earth accepts nigeria to be giant of Africa? I think that's an insult to the rest of Africa. nigeria of all countries? okk in population wise I guess

3 Likes

Re: Egyptian President Invites Buhari For Discussion by anomsodi(m): 8:42pm On Apr 21, 2015
I hope all dis invitation wnt turn out to be a greek gift....maybe oga jona did nt open his legs to be used lik...... so oga general plz watch it ..... Always put naija first

2 Likes

Re: Egyptian President Invites Buhari For Discussion by iamord(m): 9:23pm On Apr 21, 2015
OXYGEN011:
Obama visited the President of Ghana so Ghana is better and greater than U.S.A I guess.I don't know why there are sooo many fools in nigeria who reasoned with their ass.
u answered him well. So dumb

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egyptian President Invites Buhari For Discussion by cjrane: 9:28pm On Apr 21, 2015
Soon Yemen, Iran and Afghanistan will invite him.

6 Likes

Re: Egyptian President Invites Buhari For Discussion by mars123(m): 10:25pm On Apr 21, 2015
OXYGEN011:
Funny ..And which country on earth accepts nigeria to be giant of Africa? I think that's an insult to the rest of Africa. nigeria of all countries? okk in population wise I guess
just be there spitting poo out your toilet mouth.

7 Likes

Re: Egyptian President Invites Buhari For Discussion by owobokiri(m): 10:26pm On Apr 21, 2015
moufan:
buhari please don't honour that man's invitation, that sisi guy is the most brutal, callous and savageous military man egypt has had since time immemorial, that sisi guy is a foolish pretender who cares less about the lives of ordinary egyptians and does not entertain dissident and opposition.please buhari run away from that guy called sisi because he is as brutal has anything.

Don't know what you are yapping about but it seems you are the one 'brutalizing' facts. . Sisi did not commit any crime by stoping foundamentalist islamist from taking over power. He effectively utilized state power to safeguard the state and that is perfectly right.

2 Likes

Re: Egyptian President Invites Buhari For Discussion by CR77(f): 10:32pm On Apr 21, 2015
Ok oo tongue tongue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egyptian President Invites Buhari For Discussion by Koroaso: 10:33pm On Apr 21, 2015
***********IS ABDEL FATAH SISI NOT A COUP PLOTTER************

**********BUHARI SHOULD STAY AWAY FROM ILLEGITIMATE PRESIDENTS**********

GMB/PYO

5 Likes

Re: Egyptian President Invites Buhari For Discussion by bright007(f): 10:33pm On Apr 21, 2015
shoro niyen?
Re: Egyptian President Invites Buhari For Discussion by ruggedboy01: 10:33pm On Apr 21, 2015
All this Muslim countries inviting gmb, hope is not what am thinking embarassed lipsrsealed undecided

10 Likes

Re: Egyptian President Invites Buhari For Discussion by Nobody: 10:34pm On Apr 21, 2015
Jonathan is going to jail ,including okonji and co

1 Like

Re: Egyptian President Invites Buhari For Discussion by Nobody: 10:35pm On Apr 21, 2015
This recent trend of Presidential invitations is questionable. I don't remember having seen such amounts of invitations for any president before (subject to correction). Why is Buhari being invited like a dog every minute.? Anyway, let's pin it all on foreign affairs.

Meanwhile here's a thread on amorc :
https://www.nairaland.com/2225497/ask-me-question-amorc-other
Re: Egyptian President Invites Buhari For Discussion by faray: 10:35pm On Apr 21, 2015
make i dry my cloth here

2 Likes

Re: Egyptian President Invites Buhari For Discussion by Raiders: 10:35pm On Apr 21, 2015
seunmsg:
Nigeria used to be the giant of Africa until GEJ/OBJ destroyed our army with politics. Egypt army is more advanced than Nigeria army. They have the best army in Africa

3 Likes

Re: Egyptian President Invites Buhari For Discussion by symbian03(m): 10:36pm On Apr 21, 2015
And suddenly, world leaders are becoming so keen about Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Egyptian President Invites Buhari For Discussion by Super1759: 10:36pm On Apr 21, 2015
En no get leg to come naija?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obasanjo Denies Endorsing Igbo Presidency In 2023 / 'We Won't Accept You' - ZLP Tells Peter Obi, Others / We Won’t Tolerate Another IPOB In Yorubaland — Akeredolu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.