Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,939 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

2 Reportedly Killed As Nigerian Mass Transit Train Divide On Motion - Photos - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 2 Reportedly Killed As Nigerian Mass Transit Train Divide On Motion - Photos (32220 Views)

LASTMA Official Struggling With Driver In Motion (Photos) / Peace Mass Transit In Accident At Okogbo Town. No Survivors (graphic Photos) / Truck Bursts Into Flames While On Motion In Lagos [PICS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2 Reportedly Killed As Nigerian Mass Transit Train Divide On Motion - Photos by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 10:34pm On Apr 24, 2015
chukxie:

You're right! They're about 4,000 'characters' in the Chinese (Mandarin) writing text. Learning and mastering all of them is a daunting task not only for learners of Chinese but even a lot of Chinese people. That's why students here are taught both traditional Chinese writing and Pinyin - the anglicized form of Chinese. Mandarin (Putonghua) is what is spoken in almost all parts of mainland China save for Guangdong province and some places in Guangxi province where Cantonese is predominately spoken. Also, Cantonese is the language of choice in Hong Kong and Macau. Cantonese no easy ooo. It sounds like symphony!
And yes, my spoken Putonghua is fairly good whereas my written and reading are awful.
How are you coping at work then? Or you're on your own? Mean, u own your biz?

I'm impressed smiley
Re: 2 Reportedly Killed As Nigerian Mass Transit Train Divide On Motion - Photos by chukxie(m): 11:57pm On Apr 24, 2015
RoyalPriesthuud:
How are you coping at work then? Or you're on your own? Mean, u own your biz?

I'm impressed smiley

Thanks, mate. My job is one that forbids me from speaking Chinese while I'm at it. I'm an ESL instructor.
Re: 2 Reportedly Killed As Nigerian Mass Transit Train Divide On Motion - Photos by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 12:10am On Apr 25, 2015
chukxie:

Thanks, mate. My job is one that forbids me from speaking Chinese while I'm at it. I'm an ESL instructor.
Wow! Quite impressive track-record you've got.

But did you grow-up in Nigeria? You should know why I asked.
Re: 2 Reportedly Killed As Nigerian Mass Transit Train Divide On Motion - Photos by chukxie(m): 3:09am On Apr 25, 2015
RoyalPriesthuud:
Wow! Quite impressive track-record you've got.

But did you grow-up in Nigeria? You should know why I asked.

Thanks bro. I'm a pure Edo born; a proper barracks and lasgidi guy bred on bread and beans; and a product of Lasu. grin grin grin. I've been fortunate to travel to, and live in a couple of countries that have contributed immensely to shaping my life and to a great deal, my career path.
Re: 2 Reportedly Killed As Nigerian Mass Transit Train Divide On Motion - Photos by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 8:59pm On Apr 25, 2015
chukxie:

Thanks bro. I'm a pure Edo born; a proper barracks and lasgidi guy bred on bread and beans; and a product of Lasu. grin grin grin. I've been fortunate to travel to, and live in a couple of countries that have contributed immensely to shaping my life and to a great deal, my career path.
Quite impressive. God bless your hustle.

Hope u've got a plan of returning sooner or later to develop our nation too....smiley
Re: 2 Reportedly Killed As Nigerian Mass Transit Train Divide On Motion - Photos by chukxie(m): 11:52pm On Apr 25, 2015
RoyalPriesthuud:
Quite impressive. God bless your hustle.

Hope u've got a plan of returning sooner or later to develop our nation too....smiley

Amen bro. May God bless your hustle, too. Honestly speaking, I've not thought about returning to 9ja any time soon but with the current wind of change blowing across it, I might be tempted to visit 9ja soon to see what I can set up there. I was there last February though. Take care, bro. Have a glorious Sunday.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Driving To Port Harcourt International Airport Via The Int'l Airport Road / Mechanic Apprentice Crashes A Client’s Car While Taking It For A Spin In Calabar / Japa Confusion: Where Can One Study Cheap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.